Betsy DeVos Has Cut 600 Staff Positions in Dept of Education

Did we not educate kids prior to 1980? That’s when the DOE got started.

Yep, and almost 3 trillion dollars later, all we have to show for it is lower test scores and higher drop out rates.

So you decided to join the liars parade? Lower test scores? How? Where? On what measure?

Drop out rates have nothing to do with the education being provided. That being said, the rate has decreased since 1990 by about 3%. The dropout rate is now about 7%.

My state recently enacted mandatory attendance laws until age 18 versus 16. That gives the drug dealers and juvenile delinquents two more years to sit in class and disrupt the education process.

When I was an assistant principal, I would call parents and tell them to come get their kids and withdraw them from school if they were aged 16 and not progressing towards graduation. We didn't have time for babysitting. Now, thanks to conservatards who do not understand education, that are elected to state legislatures, you can't do that without expelling him and that looks bad if it is a minority kid, and hurts the statistics, so it doesn't happen!

Run along loser, I've kicked your ass once today, you're dismissed.

fededucation.jpg

Why get rid of it? Its doing such a WONDERFUL job!

Yep, and almost 3 trillion dollars later, all we have to show for it is lower test scores and higher drop out rates.

So you decided to join the liars parade? Lower test scores? How? Where? On what measure?

Drop out rates have nothing to do with the education being provided. That being said, the rate has decreased since 1990 by about 3%. The dropout rate is now about 7%.

My state recently enacted mandatory attendance laws until age 18 versus 16. That gives the drug dealers and juvenile delinquents two more years to sit in class and disrupt the education process.

When I was an assistant principal, I would call parents and tell them to come get their kids and withdraw them from school if they were aged 16 and not progressing towards graduation. We didn't have time for babysitting. Now, thanks to conservatards who do not understand education, that are elected to state legislatures, you can't do that without expelling him and that looks bad if it is a minority kid, and hurts the statistics, so it doesn't happen!
So, you threw kids out of school who were a challenge?

You just destroyed your own position, Fuckwit.

They were not a challenge. They attended school only when they had drug deals to make, skipped class almost constantly, and never passed a single class. I was an assistant principal in the largest high school in northeast Florida at the time, and personally supervised 650 students.

Once again, you run your mouth about things you know nothing about and lie when it suits your purposes.
You bailed on those children.

Disgusting.

Bailed? STFU you self-inflicted ignoramus!

I'l give another example of something you never considered. One of the students I kicked out my last year in Florida was let back in the school by the principal the year after I left. He was a 17 year-old freshman who had exactly zero credits toward graduation despite being in the school for almost 3 years. He was well-known to our school resource officers and the local police in the neighborhoods as a drug dealer.

He was sexually harassing a young female student, and the school did nothing about it. The girl's older brother shot and killed that young man while he was harassing the student at their home. If he stayed out of school he might at least still be alive today.

Run along loser, I've kicked your ass once today, you're dismissed.

You must have been looking in a mirror because all you did was blow your own foot off while it was firmly lodged in your mouth.

Good on Betsy Devos....because she is draining the Swamp too!

Got it. You just free stuff some one else has to pay for.
Huh?

I think it's you that wants free stuff that someone else has to pay for.
Not at all. I pay for schools. I am not the one running around whining and demanding others pay to send my kids to some elite private school. Pay for it yourself. Isn't that what you tell others about stuff like free contraception or medical care? Pay for it yourself.
You want me to pay for your schools. I don't want your government brainwashing mills. You demand that I send my kids to the cesspools that you want. When are you going to pay for it yourself?

Who do you think you're fooling?

Dude. I don't have kids. So I am paying for other people's kids - like yours. We owe everyone in this country an education (that benefits America as a whole). We are rare in that we do not charge extra for education - it comes out of our general taxes. That is a pretty good system. That doesn't mean you get an elite education or a special religious education - it means you get the basics and make the best of what you have and if it sucks - you try to get your kids into something alternate. But don't expect the rest of us to pay for you.
No, we don't owe everyone an education. That's the servile mentality that says we exist to serve other people's wants. People should get the education they want for their kids, not the education that the government and its toadies impose on them. If the voters approve something else, then they will get it.
Tough shit. That is not the way civilized societies work. It isn’t education just for you elites, it is education for all. We guaranteed that a long time ago. If you want to send your kids to an elite school, you can, on your own dime. Don’t expect us to subsidize it.

They were not a challenge. They attended school only when they had drug deals to make, skipped class almost constantly, and never passed a single class. I was an assistant principal in the largest high school in northeast Florida at the time, and personally supervised 650 students.

Once again, you run your mouth about things you know nothing about and lie when it suits your purposes.

Disgusting.

I'l give another example of something you never considered. One of the students I kicked out my last year in Florida was let back in the school by the principal the year after I left. He was a 17 year-old freshman who had exactly zero credits toward graduation despite being in the school for almost 3 years. He was well-known to our school resource officers and the local police in the neighborhoods as a drug dealer.

He was sexually harassing a young female student, and the school did nothing about it. The girl's older brother shot and killed that young man while he was harassing the student at their home. If he stayed out of school he might at least still be alive today.
Sounds like you, your public school, and your beloved DOE couldn’t handle that student. Kinda flies in the face of your claim public schools are equipped to handle all students, huh?

Not at all. I pay for schools. I am not the one running around whining and demanding others pay to send my kids to some elite private school. Pay for it yourself. Isn't that what you tell others about stuff like free contraception or medical care? Pay for it yourself.
You want me to pay for your schools. I don't want your government brainwashing mills. You demand that I send my kids to the cesspools that you want. When are you going to pay for it yourself?

You don't get that choice. I may not want to pay for your fire department, but I do because I have to do so, even though I pay a volunteer fire department where I live.
That's the problem with the system you endorse: I don't get a choice.

Yes. You do. You get the same choice the rest of us do when we pay for our own contraceptives and health care and abortions.

Don't expect us to pay for YOU.
That's pure bullshit, douchebag. Quit pissing down my leg and telling me its rain. Why should I pay for your education or your healthcare? You have yet to explain that.
If your leg is wet, check your depends.

We all pay for education because it benefits the entire country.

Don’t like it? Then move to a third world utopia without compulsory education and masses of uneducated poor people who can’t afford school fees.

Loj
No surprise.........she's a charter school zealot who wants to destroy the public schools.
Yeah.

Letting parents choose to kill their children is super cool but letting them choose their children's schools is crazy talk.

Parents get to choose their schools. No one is stopping them.

Principal who liked our sons and understood our concerns told us they were mandated to teach to the bottom 25% to pull them up to the middle
Total BullShit. There is NO WAY that schools are mandated to teach to the lower 25%. We have High Cap, we have STEM, We have excelerated Math Classes. Etc.

We in the USA are mandated to educate ALL. When we take State Tests, All students are scored. Is that true in Finland? Do some research. Does China record the test results of EVERY student? I think not. Would you rather have your child educated in the USA or Poland. Poland is ranked Higher. So yes, send your kids to Poland.

You are lying again. Public schools can’t handle all students.
So Nostra, which students are excluded from public education. At public schools, we have non-verbal students (bless their heart) who can't even express emotion, yet count as failures in the public school system. Will Private Schools or Charter schools take on these students? NO. They don't.

So what is your Nostra solution for these non-verbal children that MUST be educated by the public school system?
I'm going to hammer you on this, so you better have a solution. Or you will choose to dodge the question.
I know where this is headed.

So, Nostra what is your solution to the non-verbal children that public schools must accept?

Disgusting.

Sounds like you, your public school, and your beloved DOE couldn’t handle that student. Kinda flies in the face of your claim public schools are equipped to handle all students, huh?

What the fuck does the Department of Energy have to do with anything?

We could handle those students just fine as far as the legislatures and school board would allow.

You really are pathetic, arguing against the truth. You really have no reasoning other than elementary school bumper sticker slogans.

My body, my choice!*

*except when it comes to deciding where to educate your child

We have private schools, if you can afford them.
You can pick where you live based on the schools.
You can even home school your spawn if you don't mind his completely lacking socialization skills.

Homeschooled kids are better socialized than the dips that come ouf the pubilc factories.

Imagine your own teacher. It's fantastic.

Best of luck when your spawn is dropped into the cespool we call public education. If she survives great. Many don't.

Disgusting.

What the fuck does the Department of Energy have to do with anything?

We could handle those students just fine as far as the legislatures and school board would allow.

You really are pathetic, arguing against the truth. You really have no reasoning other than elementary school bumper sticker slogans.
I’m beginning to think you are lying about being in education.

United States Department of Education - Wikipedia

Principal who liked our sons and understood our concerns told us they were mandated to teach to the bottom 25% to pull them up to the middle
Total BullShit. There is NO WAY that schools are mandated to teach to the lower 25%. We have High Cap, we have STEM, We have excelerated Math Classes. Etc.

We in the USA are mandated to educate ALL. When we take State Tests, All students are scored. Is that true in Finland? Do some research. Does China record the test results of EVERY student? I think not. Would you rather have your child educated in the USA or Poland. Poland is ranked Higher. So yes, send your kids to Poland.

You are lying again. Public schools can’t handle all students.
So Nostra, which students are excluded from public education. At public schools, we have non-verbal students (bless their heart) who can't even express emotion, yet count as failures in the public school system. Will Private Schools or Charter schools take on these students? NO. They don't.

So what is your Nostra solution for these non-verbal children that MUST be educated by the public school system?
I'm going to hammer you on this, so you better have a solution. Or you will choose to dodge the question.
I know where this is headed.

So, Nostra what is your solution to the non-verbal children that public schools must accept?
You are going to “hammer” me on this if I don’t have a solution to the failures of the public school system?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!

You don't get that choice. I may not want to pay for your fire department, but I do because I have to do so, even though I pay a volunteer fire department where I live.
That's the problem with the system you endorse: I don't get a choice.

Yes. You do. You get the same choice the rest of us do when we pay for our own contraceptives and health care and abortions.

Don't expect us to pay for YOU.
That's pure bullshit, douchebag. Quit pissing down my leg and telling me its rain. Why should I pay for your education or your healthcare? You have yet to explain that.
If your leg is wet, check your depends.

We all pay for education because it benefits the entire country.

Don’t like it? Then move to a third world utopia without compulsory education and masses of uneducated poor people who can’t afford school fees.

The primary function of school is as an organized public babysitting service.

Schools became big during the industrial revolution when parents were working and needed a place to store their kids.

Education for kids today is a mess. The schools are holes and the kids coming out have incredibly screwed up ideas and no problem solving skills.

Forum List

Back