Biden: Drive across America in an electric vehicle on a single tank of gas.

Tesla has a cool system like "google maps" that will direct you to every charging station along the way. Its not as bad as you think, but you still need to recharge every 300-500 miles.

And how long does it take to recharge? From what I've read, anywhere from 20 minutes to 7 hours, depending on the charger and vehicle.

Look, I'm not fundamentally opposed to EVs, but speaking as one who would rather drive than fly, an EV is inconvenient when compared to internal combustion. Fill up and away in 5 minutes, or charge for 20 minutes (minimum, if you're lucky) and roll. Kind of slows the road trip...

And how long does it take to recharge? From what I've read, anywhere from 20 minutes to 7 hours, depending on the charger and vehicle.

Look, I'm not fundamentally opposed to EVs, but speaking as one who would rather drive than fly, an EV is inconvenient when compared to internal combustion. Fill up and away in 5 minutes, or charge for 20 minutes (minimum, if you're lucky) and roll. Kind of slows the road trip...
Its about 20 minutes at charging stations. The cheaper "at home" charger takes 7 hours. Long distance driving isnt as convenient as gas, but its doable.

I see a new business model forming...
a.jpg

You need to cut them some slack, that is a really big word with lots of letters
If you could drive across the US on one charge then the figuratively term would work. Hell, I'd even give him credit if we could generate enough electricity from 20 gallons of gas to power the car all the way across the US. But neither of those things is true so you cant go across the US on a single tank of gas figuratively or otherwise. It's not like Pres Biden isnt known for his verbal gaffes. This one is tame compared to some of the shit he's said in the past.

Tesla has a cool system like "google maps" that will direct you to every charging station along the way. Its not as bad as you think, but you still need to recharge every 300-500 miles.
How many hours, assuming one could drive in and charge up without delay, would that add to a cross country
trip?

He has lost his last marble.

“So when you buy an electric vehicle — and you get credit for buying it —when you buy an electric vehicle, you can go all the way across America on a single tank of gas, figuratively speaking.”

“It’s not gas, you plug it in,” he added. “500,000 of them, these stations along the way.”

in Cali, due to the Gov inability to manage their electric grid and rolling blackouts, dembots are charging their electric cars with gas powered generators

The 20 minute time frame also assumes there’s no one else using the charger when you pull up. How many charger would we need to install if everyone is using an EV?

Forum List

Back