Biden: Drive across America in an electric vehicle on a single tank of gas.

Up north when we get it with snow storms, you can find yourself stuck in traffic for hours, especially if there is a wreck ahead of you. Unless your electric car has gasoline backup, you can find yourself in real trouble. You need to keep the heat on and the defroster going. That takes little power in a gasoline car because you are only running the fan as it uses the engine heat for you to keep warm. I'm assuming that the electric vehicle would have to have a warming element of some kind which would suck all that electricity out of that battery in no time.
If your car has gasoline backup it doesn't take a genius to know enough to carry a few gallons of gas in the tank.

If your car has gasoline backup it doesn't take a genius to know enough to carry a few gallons of gas in the tank.

You better have more than a few gallons of gasoline. I've been stuck in traffic for five hours at times. After the backup is ten miles long, they start to divert traffic to the next highway exit if there was a fatality involved.

I think most of us could care less what you decide to drive. What bothers me is taxpayers subsidizing these cars. If they are so great, pay the full price like we do with real cars.

Part of the Pork bill includes hundreds of thousands of charging stations that of course is going to put us deeper into debt. If charging stations were the future, private industry would invest in them just like they do gasoline stations. But no. That's a bad investment which is why taxpayers have to pay for them.
Don't want an electric car? Don't buy one. Just keep enriching Arab princes in S.A. & elsewhere.

Oh look! Anal retentive MAGA retards throwing a hissy fit over the millions & millions of people who jump in their electric cars every day & decide to drive accross the country. "How will they charge them!?" WAAAAAAAAH!

Can't make this shit up.
You mad?

Hey Sport, I don't give a ratsass what you drive. Don't care if it takes you twice as long to get "accross" the country or not.

I'm merely mocking the Mushroom in the White House for his dipshittery, so simmer down.

He has lost his last marble.

“So when you buy an electric vehicle — and you get credit for buying it —when you buy an electric vehicle, you can go all the way across America on a single tank of gas, figuratively speaking.”

“It’s not gas, you plug it in,” he added. “500,000 of them, these stations along the way.”

Can you imagine if Trump said that.

Tesla has a cool system like "google maps" that will direct you to every charging station along the way. Its not as bad as you think, but you still need to recharge every 300-500 miles.
Half that far if you are using headlights, heater, defroster, wipers, etc.

You‘re using almost the same amount of fossil fuels to produce and use the EV as you would for a gas car. Oh with the added bonus of participating in slave labor in Africa to mine the resources to make the batterie. Woohooo!

EVs use 4 times as much fossil fuel as internal combustion.
While an electric motor at 50% efficient, is slightly better than an ICE engine at 40%, what you have to factor in is another 50% loss for generators, 10% loss for transmission, 10% loss from transformers, another 50% loss battery in, 50% loss battery out, as well as the extra energy consumption to carry the heavy batteries if you are going up hill.

We all know that electricity is FREE right and generating electricity doesn't create any pollution right. That is the utter stupidity of the left climate morons.
Electricity is far cheaper to produce and distribute as the infrastructure is generally there...

Battery Tech is moving at an increasing rate... Charging times of 5 minutes is looking very promising, the batteries are getting greener as well and more recyclable with longer lifetimes...

Don't want an electric car? Don't buy one. Just keep enriching Arab princes in S.A. & elsewhere.

Bio fuel makes more sense.
All domestic and negative emissions.
Could be ethanol, palm oil, hydrogen, etc.

Electricity is far cheaper to produce and distribute as the infrastructure is generally there...

Battery Tech is moving at an increasing rate... Charging times of 5 minutes is looking very promising, the batteries are getting greener as well and more recyclable with longer lifetimes...

I disagree.
Batteries and EVs use rare earth elements that are very dirty to mine.
Electricity is most made from coal, so pollutes even more than gasoline.
Electrical transmission lines are much less efficient then just trucking combustible fuel around.
The shorter the charging time, the shorter the battery life, with batteries costing more than $10,000.
Range in the winter, at night, is half of the range they are claiming.
People I know are getting less than 150 miles on a charge.
It costs more to change an EV than the equivalent range in gasoline or diesel.

Yeah man, coal is great for producing electricity.

I disagree.
Batteries and EVs use rare earth elements that are very dirty to mine.

Nah, you think so?

cobalt mining.jpeg

Battery Tech is moving at an increasing rate... Charging times of 5 minutes is looking very promising, the batteries are getting greener as well and more recyclable with longer lifetimes..

In other words, we are not nearly there yet like with all green energy. It takes me three or four hours to totally charge my Fn iPhone for crying out loud.

Forum List

Back