Biden insults Christians

Christmas is a contraction of Christ's Mass....a church service to celebrate Christ's/Messiah's Birthday. Christ is the Latin word for Messiah.
Also since Christians regularly go to services on Sunday instead of Saturday....if it isn't the actual Day of His birth....it's not relevant.

Then....
Christmas has not been the day of exchanging gifts...that's a more modern adaptation of St Stephen's Day which is December 26th...or sometimes referred to as Boxing Day. Which was the day that employers were supposed to hand out yearly bonuses.
Stephen was the first person to be martyred for belief in Jesus and his role of the disciples was to give out food to the poor Hellenistic Jews who believed in Jesus but were unable to get their portion given to the poor by the Temple because of being ostracized for their beliefs.

So where today the traditions don't really reflect times and days past with Santa, Christmas programs, and opening gifts Christmas Eve....and few companies actually give out Christmas bonuses....

But I still like Christmas.

JohnDB the only reason why Christmas is in December because nobody knows Christ's actual birthday. That and the people who chose the date are insane because if Christmas was in the summer then I would definitely be able to see my family without having to worry about this snowstorm. Not that I don't like snow for Christmas though.

JohnDB the only reason why Christmas is in December because nobody knows Christ's actual birthday. That and the people who chose the date are insane because if Christmas was in the summer then I would definitely be able to see my family without having to worry about this snowstorm. Not that I don't like snow for Christmas though.

A lot of this "christ wasn't born on Christmas" is just second guessing because people don't understand a winter growing season in the Middle East because there are rains and cooler temperatures during the winter. Which is why the Shepherds were taking sheep out to pasture instead of feeding them hay.
Then the Atheist love to make people question everything concerning their faith trying to poke holes in it and make them doubt everything.

And then there will be somebody making a "discovery" about how everything is exactly on the day it's supposed to be.

A lot of this "christ wasn't born on Christmas" is just second guessing because people don't understand a winter growing season in the Middle East because there are rains and cooler temperatures during the winter. Which is why the Shepherds were taking sheep out to pasture instead of feeding them hay.
Then the Atheist love to make people question everything concerning their faith trying to poke holes in it and make them doubt everything.

And then there will be somebody making a "discovery" about how everything is exactly on the day it's supposed to be.

Jesus was born on Christmas we just don't know when the day is actually supposed to be.

They were puritans, Huguenots, Quakers, Anabaptists etc and they couldn't get along.. That's why they wrote separation of church and state into the constitution.
Christians. Recognizing Christmas violates Church and State clause, how?

You people on here have to be the worst Christians ever. Biden spoke of the Son of God and you people do not even know that is Christ.

I actually don't know much about Hanukkah since I don't personally know any Jewish people.
It's a festival of lights concerning a miracle of a lamp in the Temple that didn't have enough oil to burn but burned anyway...and the occasion when Jesus said "I am the light of the world "

It's a festival of lights concerning a miracle of a lamp in the Temple that didn't have enough oil to burn but burned anyway...and the occasion when Jesus said "I am the light of the world "

I thought Jewish people didn't believe in Jesus.

I thought Jewish people didn't believe in Jesus.
Jesus is Jewish...lol.
Most Jews practice Judaism and don't believe in Jesus..
And when Jesus said "I am the light of the world" he was picking an argument with the Jews...Basically saying that he was never going to go away liked they wished.

Okay can you tell me why the celebrate Hanukkah and it's about then?
Hanukkah means 'dedication'. Apparently, It can also mean 'education'. It is a Jewish festival/holiday commemorating the recovery of Jerusalem and subsequent rededication of the Second Temple at the beginning of the Maccabean. Kind of interesting if you care to indulge in learning more, link.

Forum List

Back