Biden Vows To Shutdown Border If Congress OK's Deal

Are you proposing direct fight with Russia?
I am suggesting, Ukraine is a stopgap against incursion into NATO itself, by a country not good at limited goals, and still other countries that broke away from Russian control at the end of the USSR, that Russia feels a right to reclaim for strategic and economic reasons, and some of these are now NATO countries.

Just start prosecuting people who cross illegally to the max. I saw a story the other day of an illegal that has been caught crossing 40 times in the last 2 years, that's at least 39 felonies. Ya know what happened, he was just sent back. How about next time we put his ass in prison for the next 40 years. Ya think that might make the illegals think twice? xiden could do that today.

They're gonna keep coming as long as there is work for them.

Biden said he would use a new emergency authority to handle the border if lawmakers could come together to pass the compromise bill.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Friday pressed Congress to embrace a bipartisan Senate deal to pair border enforcement measures with Ukraine aid, but House Speaker Mike Johnson suggested the compromise on border and immigration policy could be “dead on arrival” in his chamber.

The Democratic president said in a statement late Friday that the policies proposed would “be the toughest and fairest set of reforms to secure the border we’ve ever had in our country.” He also pledged to use a new emergency authority to “shut down the border” as soon as he could sign it into law.

Biden’s embrace of the deal — and Republican resistance — could become an election-year shift on the politics of immigration. Yet the diminishing prospects for its passage in Congress may have far-reaching consequences for U.S. allies around the globe, especially Ukraine.

Much more at the link below...

BIDEN VOWS TO 'SHUT DOWN' BORDER IF CONGRESS OK'S DEAL

What more does Congress want from President Biden on the border? What do you think?

This is a decent REPUBLICAN BILL, We never make perfect bills.
What would make REPUBLICANS go against there own bill?
Do you think the positive 2 points Biden could get, is worth destroying a bill that ALL Americans WANT.
IMPROVEMENT ON the border situation.

I am suggesting, Ukraine is a stopgap against incursion into NATO itself, by a country not good at limited goals, and still other countries that broke away from Russian control at the end of the USSR, that Russia feels a right to reclaim for strategic and economic reasons, and some of these are now NATO countries.
And how does this tie to Immigration?

Europe has money. It is their backyard, and Russia has shown it is a paper tiger.

This is a decent REPUBLICAN BILL, We never make perfect bills.
What would make REPUBLICANS go against there own bill?
Do you think the positive 2 points Biden could get, is worth destroying a bill that ALL Americans WANT.
IMPROVEMENT ON the border situation.
Show it or STFU

And how does this tie to Immigration?

Europe has money. It is their backyard, and Russia has shown it is a paper tiger.
That is something that irritates me. To you and I, there is obviously no link. It is all part of the political dance, seen in that body, since the the constitution was written, where politician suggest trading support for an issue, to get support on another issue. We know that is how the game is played, but more often than not, not right on the front page. Why is it on the front page instead of behind the scene wrangling? It is an election year.
To me, both issues are worthy of, and require support, but the only common link is politics of goals.

That is something that irritates me. To you and I, there is obviously no link. It is all part of the political dance, seen in that body, since the the constitution was written, where politician suggest trading support for an issue, to get support on another issue. We know that is how the game is played, but more often than not, not right on the front page. Why is it on the front page instead of behind the scene wrangling? It is an election year.
To me, both issues are worthy of, and require support, but the only common link is politics of goals.
Politucians lose wars. They line their pockets from their arm sale buddies. Hell Libya was for arm sales to the Middle East.

We could secure the border in a month if we wanted to. And Europe could take Russia without us.

Yep.

Republicans don't care about the border. They care about complaining and obstructing to keep their base in constant state of agitation. It's funny watching the GOP dog finally catch the car. It exposes them.

And you are absolutely full of shit.
Republicans across this country WANT secured borders! P-E-R-I-O-D!!!!

Republicans are NOT the ones who run to the Supreme Court to stop a state from protecting it's citizens.

Republicans are NOT the ones who run for president announcing to the third-world, that there should be an immediate "surge to the border" if they become president.

Republicans are NOT the ones who create sanctuary cities that attract illegal immigrants.

Republicans are NOT the ones who pass legislation (like California) to give free healthcare to illegal immigrants.

Republicans are NOT the ones who challenge ANY attempts to secure our borders.

The Ukraine conflict only started because we didn't heed Putin's warning. When he made it clear that he would not accept us moving Ukraine toward NATO membership and we still did that, the invasion was an obvious consequence. I'm not saying it justifies the invasion, but if you want peace, you don't take an action that specifically pisses off your adversary.

It's pretty clear this was done to make Ukraine another sandbox for the military industrial complex (after they left Afghanistan), and for massive amounts of money laundering.

Forum List

Back