Black Leaders Call Out Trump’s Criminal Justice Contradictions As He Rails Against Guilty Verdict

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Racist Donald Trump believes the way to black voters' hearts is to bring two drug dealing murderers on stage. That's what he thinks of black people.

Trump admired one killer's gold teeth.

“I gotta get my teeth like that. I want that to happen to me.”

The man just can't stop himself.

But the black community in New York has not forgotten Trump called for five innocent black men to be executed. They were tried and convicted in the very same courthouse Trump was just convicted in.

To this day, Trump refuses to apologize and admit the "Central Park Five" were innocent. But look at him whining and whining about his own conviction!

Poetic justice. Literally.

Some Black Americans found irony in Trump railing against the injustice of his own conviction, in a courthouse where five Black and Latino teenagers were wrongly convicted in a case Trump supported so vociferously. The Central Park Five case was Trump’s first foray into tough-on-crime politics that preluded his full-throated populist political persona. To many, Trump employed dog whistles as well as overtly racist rhetoric in both chapters of his public life.

But lately, in his outreach to Black and Hispanic communities, Trump has adopted the language of criminal justice reform advocates. He claims Black Americans and Latinos can relate to him because prosecutors are out to get him like they have been out to get many men and boys in their communities.

“Donald Trump’s conviction is going to be a problem for him with many Black people because, guess what, many Black people do not like people who violate our criminal laws,” said Maya Wiley, a New York civil rights attorney and CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights.

“Black people are disproportionately the victims of crime. It’s not that they just side with people who’ve been convicted of a crime.”

[snip]

“They haven’t forgotten the fact that Donald Trump took out a full-page ad suggesting the death penalty for the Central Park Five, who have been exonerated and were the victims of an abusive system,” Wiley said.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, an advocate for the five exonerated men, called Trump’s conviction a symbolic measure of justice for them.

“This is the same building that Antron McCray, Kevin Richardson, Yusef Salaam, Raymond Santana, and Korey Wise all passed into, day after day, as they endured a show trial for a crime they did not commit,” Sharpton said just after the verdict was read.
“Now the shoe is on the other foot. Donald Trump is the criminal, and those five men are exonerated,” he said.

Salaam, who won a seat on the New York City Council last year, said he didn’t take pleasure in the former president’s guilty verdict “even though Donald Trump wanted me executed even when it was proven that I was innocent.”

central-park-five.jpg

Racist Donald Trump believes the way to black voters' hearts is to bring two drug dealing murderers on stage. That's what he thinks of black people.

But the black community in New York has not forgotten Trump called for five innocent black men to be executed. They were tried and convicted in the very same courthouse Trump was just convicted in.

To this day, Trump refuses to apologize and admit the "Central Park Five" were innocent. But look at him whining and whining about his own conviction!

Some Black Americans found irony in Trump railing against the injustice of his own conviction, in a courthouse where five Black and Latino teenagers were wrongly convicted in a case Trump supported so vociferously. The Central Park Five case was Trump’s first foray into tough-on-crime politics that preluded his full-throated populist political persona. To many, Trump employed dog whistles as well as overtly racist rhetoric in both chapters of his public life.

But lately, in his outreach to Black and Hispanic communities, Trump has adopted the language of criminal justice reform advocates. He claims Black Americans and Latinos can relate to him because prosecutors are out to get him like they have been out to get many men and boys in their communities.

“Donald Trump’s conviction is going to be a problem for him with many Black people because, guess what, many Black people do not like people who violate our criminal laws,” said Maya Wiley, a New York civil rights attorney and CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights.

“Black people are disproportionately the victims of crime. It’s not that they just side with people who’ve been convicted of a crime.”

[snip]

“They haven’t forgotten the fact that Donald Trump took out a full-page ad suggesting the death penalty for the Central Park Five, who have been exonerated and were the victims of an abusive system,” Wiley said.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, an advocate for the five exonerated men, called Trump’s conviction a symbolic measure of justice for them.

“This is the same building that Antron McCray, Kevin Richardson, Yusef Salaam, Raymond Santana, and Korey Wise all passed into, day after day, as they endured a show trial for a crime they did not commit,” Sharpton said just after the verdict was read.
“Now the shoe is on the other foot. Donald Trump is the criminal, and those five men are exonerated,” he said.

Salaam, who won a seat on the New York City Council last year, said he didn’t take pleasure in the former president’s guilty verdict “even though Donald Trump wanted me executed even when it was proven that I was innocent.”

Funny these same "black leaders" can forget about Biden using the "n"word and saying he "doesn't want his kids to grow up in jungles", along with recently telling black people "they ain't black unless they vote for Joe".

Funny these same "black leaders" can forget about Biden using the "n"word and saying he "doesn't want his kids to grow up in jungles", along with recently telling black people "they ain't black unless they vote for Joe".
Funny that you don't know Biden was quoting a racist when he used the n-word.

You are just a little echo chamber.

[snip]

Sharpton? A leader?
:laughing0301: :slap:

Forum List

Back