🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Black Republican: Don’t Equate Black Rights And Gay Rights

I'm not going to deny the atrocities that evil beings have done to others based upon the others' sexual orientation. I will say, however, that it in no way compares to the enslavement of virtually an entire race--the horrible effects of which can still be seen and felt to this very day.
Just sayin.

Do you say the same for the 6 million Jews herded like cattle and forced to watch the merciless killing of their children and husbands and wives?

I'm not going to deny the atrocities that evil beings have done to others based upon the others' sexual orientation. I will say, however, that it in no way compares to the enslavement of virtually an entire race--the horrible effects of which can still be seen and felt to this very day.
Just sayin.

the discussion has nothing to do with the past.

The discussion all along was how blacks AND Gayts are equally discriminated against today.

And the truth?

It is worse for the gay community. Their rights are not nearly as protected by our laws as blacks rights are.

I will admit....this argument ^^ is a difficult one to respond to..

Anyone?

Why not let them? Why should platonic siblings be denied? The key is...where is the societal harm in allowing it?
good answer.
Thanks.

In the case of two sisters or two brothers, if no harm can arise from giving them a tax break for raising children together, there is no reason to deny it.

Just sayin.

This is an illogical diversion. No one is saying gays suffer as much as blacks suffered. That is not the comparison being made, and to impliy it is is disingenuous.

Just sayin.

Do you say the same for the 6 million Jews herded like cattle and forced to watch the merciless killing of their children and husbands and wives?

This is my point. People fretting over gay rights is laughable in comparison to the horrors people have suffered because they were black or Jewish or others who were enslaved or whose very existence was put in danger.

I would not deny the rights of the former, neither will I ever see their plight in the same light as the latter. Ever.

If a man is wearing a red and black checkered shirt, and another man is wearing a red and black checkered shirt, and another person points out the obvious similarity of the two shirts, how sensible a reaction would it be for the first person to start whining that comparing the second man to him is unfair since the second man never had stomach cancer?

This is what Michael Steele's illogic is.

The fact remains they are both wearing similar shirts.

The fact remains gays are being denied marriage based on gender just as blacks were denied marriage to whites based on race.

Last edited:
Just sayin.

No one has said that the homosexual struggle equates to slavery. The comment involved the fight for civil rights by gays being similar to that of blacks. While it in no way approached the magnitude of the indignities suffered by blacks, it was still a gross violation of gay civil rights and worthy of protection

Just sayin.

This is an illogical diversion. No one is saying gays suffer as much as blacks suffered. That is not the comparison being made, and to impliy it is is disingenuous.

If it's simply a question of whether or not gay marriage is legally recognized in the same fashion as straight marriage, you're right.

Anyway, me and my better half

sheep.jpg

got to go--in-laws coming over;)

Just sayin.

If it's simply a question of whether or not gay marriage is legally recognized in the same fashion as straight marriage, you're right.

That is exactly the question. Nothing more. Marriage discrimination based on race vs. marriage discrimination based on gender.

I can't be "cured" of being gay either. Both are innate traits...you just can't hide your innate traits and I can. That does't mean we aren't discriminated against.

Never said you weren't discriminated against. Never said I was against gay marriage. Just saying sexual preference doesn't equate with race/ethnicity.

Nobody has equated them...that's the point.

Well stop using black civil rights for comparisons and saying they're the same.

Maybe this image will help clear up the difference between the black struggle for equal rights in the US and gay "issues":

332470082.jpg

One runs a little deeper than the other.

IMHO
yeah. Gays have it so much easier.

This is where they lynched Matthew Shepard

Matt_Fence_and_Flowers.jpg

Is the problem that some Blacks (who are homophobes themselves) resent the notion that crimes can be committed in the name of bigotry against anyone other than one of their fellow Blacks? Isn't that rather petty? Is the victim card so precious that no other group can play it, even if it's truly justified?

This is a damn strawmen, we resent having faggerism being compared to blackness.

You as a lesbian are not forbidden to marry, you just cannot have a special marriage that suits your sexual lifestyle, but the right to marry is available to you so yes, you are equally protected under the damn law, end of story!

I am still waiting for you to show us in the tax law where married lesbians can file a "married filing jointly" tax return.

This about equality under the law. It has jackshit to do with how you feel about fags.

We can't. My partner and I must file separate Fed taxes and joint state taxes.

I also get taxed more on my health care. STR8 couples get to pay for HC with pre-tax dollars. I get taxed on it first.

I you married a man you get it, what do you want now, fag tax exemption?

The 14th states equal protection under the law. There is not equal protection when gays are not allowed to marry each other. It is gender discrimination.

You as a lesbian are not forbidden to marry, you just cannot have a special marriage that suits your sexual lifestyle, but the right to marry is available to you so yes, you are equally protected under the damn law, end of story!

Same argument they used to justify interracial marriage bans. Blacks could marry blacks and whites could marry whites. They lost in court too.

The Constitution specifically mentions that racial discrimination is wrong, interracial marriage isn't the same as fag marriage.

Maybe this image will help clear up the difference between the black struggle for equal rights in the US and gay "issues":

332470082.jpg

One runs a little deeper than the other.

IMHO

Is the problem that some Blacks (who are homophobes themselves) resent the notion that crimes can be committed in the name of bigotry against anyone other than one of their fellow Blacks? Isn't that rather petty? Is the victim card so precious that no other group can play it, even if it's truly justified?

This is a damn strawmen, we resent having faggerism being compared to blackness.

And we resent you feeling that just because black people were discriminated against, it gives you the right to look down your high and mighty nose at us.

Same argument they used to justify interracial marriage bans. Blacks could marry blacks and whites could marry whites. They lost in court too.

The Constitution specifically mentions that racial discrimination is wrong, interracial marriage isn't the same as fag marriage.

Where? Quote it for us.

And we resent you feeling that just because black people were discriminated against, it gives you the right to look down your high and mighty nose at us.

I didn't look down on anyone take your emotionalism and shove it, I said the damn comparison is bogus, don't use the black struggle to make yours look serious, do that on your own and the black struggle out of it.

I didn't look down on anyone take your emotionalism and shove it, I said the damn comparison is bogus, don't use the black struggle to make yours look serious, do that on your own and the black struggle out of it.

Civil rights are the same no matter what the struggle for them was. People like you tried to belittle the women's rights movement too. Didn't work then either, did it?

Civil rights are the same no matter what the struggle for them was. People like you tried to belittle the women's rights movement too. Didn't work then either, did it?

No they're not the same, the BLACK CIVIL RIGHTS struggle is NOT the same as fag so called civil rights, you sodomites are simply looking for marriage, not CIVIL RIGHTS!

Forum List

Back