🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Black Republican: Don’t Equate Black Rights And Gay Rights

There is no law that says a gay person cannot be married, they just can't have the marriage of their choice, therefore the 14th Amendment doesn't apply.

The 14th states equal protection under the law. There is not equal protection when gays are not allowed to marry each other. It is gender discrimination.

You as a lesbian are not forbidden to marry, you just cannot have a special marriage that suits your sexual lifestyle, but the right to marry is available to you so yes, you are equally protected under the damn law, end of story!

I am still waiting for you to show us in the tax law where married lesbians can file a "married filing jointly" tax return.

This about equality under the law. It has jackshit to do with how you feel about fags.

Last edited:
Maybe this image will help clear up the difference between the black struggle for equal rights in the US and gay "issues":

332470082.jpg

One runs a little deeper than the other.

IMHO

Those middle two points are BS and you know it, were gays every enslaved? Were gays ever lynched and had their churches fire bombed by homophobes? have gays ever had their entire towns destroyed by homophobes as in the cases of Rosewood and the black neighbor during the Tulsa race riots of 1921? Have gays ever been pulled out of their jail cells and lynched based on the rumour of raping anyone.? have gays ever had to endured publics places segregated by signs that "For gays, For Straights"? How many "gay rights" leaders were assassinated like MLK and Medgar Evers? Have gays ever had to "prove" their intellectual capacity to fly planes like the Tuskegee Airmen? Have gays ever been barred from attending a college like deceased governor George Wallace did to black students in Alabama? Gays are given police protection when they have their gay marches for "rights", blacks for the most part didn't and were beaten and sprayed with hoses by the very ones who were supposed to be protecting them. Have gays ever been segregated into schools that all gay from from straight people?

The list goes on and on, your comparison is bogus, lay out the whole slate!

In answer to your question, for the most part ....yes

Gays have been publicly beaten and killed with little done about it
Gays have been denied jobs and refused housing if their sexuality was known
Tuskegee Airmen? Gays were denied the right to serve in the military until six months ago
They have not had their churches firebombed, but have had gay bars firebombed
Assassinated? Harvey Milk was assassinated
Gays are still banned from attending college at some religious institutions

BS and you know it. Gays are not economically depressed because of job discrimination and confined to ghettoes and low paying jobs because of discrimination, you really want to go there with stupid comparisons?

Sure....let's go there

Discrimination against gays is the closest comparison to discrimination against blacks in our society. Both were openly and at times, violently discriminated against. Both were ostracized by society. Both denied equal access to employment, housing, the military and marriage

Just because they are not exactly equal does not mean they are not damn close

Maybe this image will help clear up the difference between the black struggle for equal rights in the US and gay "issues":

332470082.jpg

IMHO

So...

Anyone who was not a slave was not discriminated against.

332470082.jpg

IMHO

So...

Anyone who was not a slave was not discriminated against.

Apparently.

Discrimination has to be delineated behaviors, looks like.

I would like to see the comprehensive list so we can figure out which things we can do to negroes or fags and not get into trouble.

The 14th states equal protection under the law. There is not equal protection when gays are not allowed to marry each other. It is gender discrimination.

You as a lesbian are not forbidden to marry, you just cannot have a special marriage that suits your sexual lifestyle, but the right to marry is available to you so yes, you are equally protected under the damn law, end of story!

I am still waiting for you to show us in the tax law where married lesbians can file a "married filing jointly" tax return.

This about equality under the law. It has jackshit to do with how you feel about fags.

We can't. My partner and I must file separate Fed taxes and joint state taxes.

I also get taxed more on my health care. STR8 couples get to pay for HC with pre-tax dollars. I get taxed on it first.

332470082.jpg

IMHO
yeah. Gays have it so much easier.

This is where they lynched Matthew Shepard

Matt_Fence_and_Flowers.jpg

Is the problem that some Blacks (who are homophobes themselves) resent the notion that crimes can be committed in the name of bigotry against anyone other than one of their fellow Blacks? Isn't that rather petty? Is the victim card so precious that no other group can play it, even if it's truly justified?

Can you pass for straight?

I can't pass for white.

Michael Jackson tried.

You think I should have to lie so I don't get fired?

No, I'm pointing out why Gay rights don't equate with black rights. There's no debate over whether I can be "cured" of my "blackness", even Marcus Bachman concedes that.

I can't be "cured" of being gay either. Both are innate traits...you just can't hide your innate traits and I can. That does't mean we aren't discriminated against.

Here is section 1 of the 14th amendment:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Here is what it does NOT say:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States who were slaves or descendants of slaves; nor shall any State deprive any person who was a slave or a descendent of a slave of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person who was a slave or a descendant of a slavewithin its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Last edited:
Oh, shit. You know what?

Barack Obama's dad was from Kenya. Neither he nor his ancestors suffered the plight of the American negro. We coulda banned him from marrying that white chick. There would be no Barack Obama!

Dammit!!! Missed opportunity.

Last edited:

332470082.jpg

IMHO

this picture shows how blacks were treated 300 years ago.

Are you saying they are still treated that way?

Have you ever seen the drawings of how the Jews were treated by the Egyptians? Or actual photos of how they were treated by the Germans?

Michael Jackson tried.

You think I should have to lie so I don't get fired?

No, I'm pointing out why Gay rights don't equate with black rights. There's no debate over whether I can be "cured" of my "blackness", even Marcus Bachman concedes that.

I can't be "cured" of being gay either. Both are innate traits...you just can't hide your innate traits and I can. That does't mean we aren't discriminated against.

Never said you weren't discriminated against. Never said I was against gay marriage. Just saying sexual preference doesn't equate with race/ethnicity.

Is the problem that some Blacks (who are homophobes themselves) resent the notion that crimes can be committed in the name of bigotry against anyone other than one of their fellow Blacks? Isn't that rather petty? Is the victim card so precious that no other group can play it, even if it's truly justified?

Thus the paradox of blacks denying others can be persecuted.

Never said you weren't discriminated against. Never said I was against gay marriage. Just saying sexual preference doesn't equate with race/ethnicity.

But gender does. As someone very wisely pointed out in a gay marriage topic yesterday, marriage laws discriminate based on gender.

When marriage laws said both people had to be white or both people had to be black, then in a black-white marriage one of them was the wrong color.

That is exactly the same as marriage laws saying one has to be male and one has to be female. In a male-male marriage, one of them is the wrong gender.

Such marriage laws are a clear violation of the 14th amendment.

Last edited:
Or two Sisters?... There are many Siblings who Care for Children together and Love each other and could Benefit from what Marriage Affords.

Why be Exclusionary when Expanding "Rights"?

:)

peace...

I will admit....this argument ^^ is a difficult one to respond to..

Anyone?

Why not let them? Why should platonic siblings be denied? The key is...where is the societal harm in allowing it?
good answer.
Thanks.

Nobody has equated them...that's the point.

I'm not going to deny the atrocities that evil beings have done to others based upon the others' sexual orientation. I will say, however, that it in no way compares to the enslavement of virtually an entire race--the horrible effects of which can still be seen and felt to this very day.
Just sayin.

Nobody has equated them...that's the point.

no...

but this debate within a debate started when Bass MINIMIZED the discrimination of Gays and Jews.
He claims he didnt...but when he referd to "your apparent "struggle"..." he put the struggle of the black man on a pedestal above all others discriminated against.

Forum List

Back