🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Black Republican: Don’t Equate Black Rights And Gay Rights

Nope..

Disgusted that one who feels his people have been discriminated against is so wrapped up in defining "levels" of discrimination....and actually MINIMIZES discrimination against other people.

I didn't minimize any damn thing, I said the comparison to blacks is simply bogus, let them argue their case using another comparison. Keep strawmen to yourself.

so you feel comparing discrimination is inapproproate.
Why?
Do you want black people to have a corner on the market?

Is it wrong to coimpare train travel with air travel?

Man...you gotta lighten up.

You are an embarrassment to your cause.

THAT I can guarantee you.

Blacks just didn't have to go through discrimination, that's the whole damn point so the comparison cannot be made and like Flaylo said the comparison is superficial, gays have to ignore everything else blacks have went through to make their comparison which is disrespectful and insulting to black people, yet you still don't damn get it.

It seems discrimination is the province of the small mind. To judge someone as worthy of discrimination is something not only petty and ultimately ignorant, but something some folks love to defend! Why?

Why would anyone want a nation that willfully thrusts second class citizenship status on anyone due to immutable factors? Why would anyone actually defend the small minded bigotry that serves no purpose but to satisfy the bigot? For all the love America sentiment expressed by the Right Wing, how can they then use their own fears and hatred against their fellow Americans? Or is it true that Conservatives love America, it's just Americans they hate.

Gays can marry but can't have the special marriage that they crave, they have yet to taste what true second class citizenship is really like? Is there a gay equivalent to driving while black? Do gays get significantly harsher prison sentences than straight people? Are gay stereotyped as being the face of crime? Those things right there signify second class citizenship, gays have yet to taste anything like that, you guys really want to go on trying to justify this stupid comparison between gays and blacks?
Every minority group has suffered discrimination at the hands of the stupid. The Italians, the Irish, the Jews, the Latinos and the Blacks have been the subject of the bigotry of idiots.

If you believe that homosexuals have not been discriminated against, I suggest you know nothing of society.

Must all bigotry be cut from the same cloth as all other bigotry? Does the bigotry shown against Blacks make up the Gold Standard of ignorance, or is there room for subtle shades of gray in your world?

Gays can marry in only a handful of enlightened states, much the same as inter racial marriage was permitted in a few states at first. Such discrimination always wanes in the light of knowledge and acceptance. It grows in the darkness of ignorance and fear. Which are you selling today?

I repeat damn it, *I DID NOT STATE THAT GAYS DO NOT GET DISCRIMINATED AGAINST* I said their comparison is bogus, stop putting words in my mouth I did say with your emotionalism. I said gays have not truly tasted second class citizenship and I listed true examples of which they have never suffered so take your argument and shove it. What i said was factually correct regardless of what your emotionalism says.

I see a lot of parallels between the civil rights movement and the gay rights movement

I have seen gays beaten up because of their sexuality and nobody lifted a finger
I have seen gays denied employment, housing and rights
I have seen gays segregated from decent society
I have seen gays denied the right to marry the person of their choice

Steele does not know what he is talking about

Those middle two points are BS and you know it, were gays every enslaved? Were gays ever lynched and had their churches fire bombed by homophobes? have gays ever had their entire towns destroyed by homophobes as in the cases of Rosewood and the black neighbor during the Tulsa race riots of 1921? Have gays ever been pulled out of their jail cells and lynched based on the rumour of raping anyone.? have gays ever had to endured publics places segregated by signs that "For gays, For Straights"? How many "gay rights" leaders were assassinated like MLK and Medgar Evers? Have gays ever had to "prove" their intellectual capacity to fly planes like the Tuskegee Airmen? Have gays ever been barred from attending a college like deceased governor George Wallace did to black students in Alabama? Gays are given police protection when they have their gay marches for "rights", blacks for the most part didn't and were beaten and sprayed with hoses by the very ones who were supposed to be protecting them. Have gays ever been segregated into schools that all gay from from straight people?

The list goes on and on, your comparison is bogus, lay out the whole slate!

In answer to your question, for the most part ....yes

Gays have been publicly beaten and killed with little done about it
Gays have been denied jobs and refused housing if their sexuality was known
Tuskegee Airmen? Gays were denied the right to serve in the military until six months ago
They have not had their churches firebombed, but have had gay bars firebombed
Assassinated? Harvey Milk was assassinated
Gays are still banned from attending college at some religious institutions

I didn't minimize any damn thing, I said the comparison to blacks is simply bogus, let them argue their case using another comparison. Keep strawmen to yourself.

so you feel comparing discrimination is inapproproate.
Why?
Do you want black people to have a corner on the market?

Is it wrong to coimpare train travel with air travel?

Man...you gotta lighten up.

You are an embarrassment to your cause.

THAT I can guarantee you.

Blacks just didn't have to go through discrimination, that's the whole damn point so the comparison cannot be made and like Flaylo said the comparison is superficial, gays have to ignore everything else blacks have went through to make their comparison which is disrespectful and insulting to black people, yet you still don't damn get it.

Excuse me...

I get all of it. You have experienced discrination....I understand that.
Your ancestors were enslaved. I get that too.

As a Jew....I have experienced discrmination...I am sure you understand that.
My ancesotrs were enslaved. I am sure you get that too.

But when I address discrimination against Jews of today, I dont bring in what my ancestors went through. Why? That had been addressed and rectified. Bringing it up now is useless and clouds the real issue of discrimination of today.

Now...to me...whether one is discrimintated becuase one walks across the street when they see a black man coming.....or one is discriminated against someone refusing to shake their hand out of fear of contracting aids....they are both exactly the same...an individual looks DOWN oin another individual based on his race, religion or sexual preference.

It is all the same.

Sorry bud....get off your pedestal. You are not the only victim of discrimination.

You sodomites need to damn quit comparing your so called "struggle" to that of black people, use Jews for your example, but not us.

OK...so enough of your wheedling out of it.

1) You put the word "struggle" in quotes.
That was your effort to minimize the struggle of the gay community

2) you suggested comparing their "struggle" to that of the Jews
That was your effort to minimize the striuggle of the Jews.

You are denying what you did....but you did it.

Admit it and move on.

I see a lot of parallels between the civil rights movement and the gay rights movement

I have seen gays beaten up because of their sexuality and nobody lifted a finger
I have seen gays denied employment, housing and rights
I have seen gays segregated from decent society
I have seen gays denied the right to marry the person of their choice

Steele does not know what he is talking about

Those middle two points are BS and you know it, were gays every enslaved? Were gays ever lynched and had their churches fire bombed by homophobes? have gays ever had their entire towns destroyed by homophobes as in the cases of Rosewood and the black neighbor during the Tulsa race riots of 1921? Have gays ever been pulled out of their jail cells and lynched based on the rumour of raping anyone.? have gays ever had to endured publics places segregated by signs that "For gays, For Straights"? How many "gay rights" leaders were assassinated like MLK and Medgar Evers? Have gays ever had to "prove" their intellectual capacity to fly planes like the Tuskegee Airmen? Have gays ever been barred from attending a college like deceased governor George Wallace did to black students in Alabama? Gays are given police protection when they have their gay marches for "rights", blacks for the most part didn't and were beaten and sprayed with hoses by the very ones who were supposed to be protecting them. Have gays ever been segregated into schools that all gay from from straight people?

Tuskegee Airmen? Gays were denied the right to serve in the military until six months ago

BS and you know it. Gays are not economically depressed because of job discrimination and confined to ghettoes and low paying jobs because of discrimination, you really want to go there with stupid comparisons?

BS and you know it. Gays are not economically depressed because of job discrimination and confined to ghettoes and low paying jobs because of discrimination, you really want to go there with stupid comparisons?

Confined to ghettos?

Why are many blacks NOT confined to the ghetto? Why do many blacks graduate college....and becoime successful?

If it is strictly their skin color...why is it not universal?

Gays can marry but can't have the special marriage that they crave, they have yet to taste what true second class citizenship is really like? Is there a gay equivalent to driving while black? Do gays get significantly harsher prison sentences than straight people? Are gay stereotyped as being the face of crime? Those things right there signify second class citizenship, gays have yet to taste anything like that, you guys really want to go on trying to justify this stupid comparison between gays and blacks?
Every minority group has suffered discrimination at the hands of the stupid. The Italians, the Irish, the Jews, the Latinos and the Blacks have been the subject of the bigotry of idiots.

If you believe that homosexuals have not been discriminated against, I suggest you know nothing of society.

Must all bigotry be cut from the same cloth as all other bigotry? Does the bigotry shown against Blacks make up the Gold Standard of ignorance, or is there room for subtle shades of gray in your world?

Gays can marry in only a handful of enlightened states, much the same as inter racial marriage was permitted in a few states at first. Such discrimination always wanes in the light of knowledge and acceptance. It grows in the darkness of ignorance and fear. Which are you selling today?

I repeat damn it, *I DID NOT STATE THAT GAYS DO NOT GET DISCRIMINATED AGAINST* I said their comparison is bogus, stop putting words in my mouth I did say with your emotionalism. I said gays have not truly tasted second class citizenship and I listed true examples of which they have never suffered so take your argument and shove it. What i said was factually correct regardless of what your emotionalism says.
My emotionalism?

This is what psychologists call "projecting". Transferring your own weakness into an attack on your critics.

And again, I say with total detachment and cold, hard candor, if you don't believe that homosexuals have been and currently are being treated as second class citizens, you know nothing of society in America in the year 2012.

The only people who compare the civil rights movement and gay rights movement are people who don't know shit about either one.

The only people who compare the civil rights movement and gay rights movement are people who don't know shit about either one.

anyone who thinks there are varying degrees of discrimination, has never experienced being discriminated against.....and if they have? Then they are arrogant assholes if they still believe in varying degrees of discrimination.

You sodomites need to damn quit comparing your so called "struggle" to that of black people, use Jews for your example, but not us.

If we were comparing "struggles" you'd have a point. Nobody is so just keep whining. We will continue to point out the parallels between gay marriage bans and interracial marriage bans.

Being of age and having paid attention, I was wondering if you could fill in the gaps in my personal knowledge of these events.

Can you be fired in 29 states simply for being black? I can for being gay.

Those middle two points are BS and you know it, were gays every enslaved? Were gays ever lynched and had their churches fire bombed by homophobes? have gays ever had their entire towns destroyed by homophobes as in the cases of Rosewood and the black neighbor during the Tulsa race riots of 1921? Have gays ever been pulled out of their jail cells and lynched based on the rumour of raping anyone.?

You are cutting your own throat and don't even realize it, Bass.

Denial of equal protection under the law takes many forms. Not just the ones you listed. You seem to believe that unless someone suffers a specific set of persecutions, they are not persecuted.

That is not only ridiculous, it is self-destructive. You are setting self-imposed limitations on which acts are counted as discrimination, which racists and bigots of many stripes would very much like you to do.

So you are quite wrong to take the position you are.

If someone is denied equal protection under any law, then the 14th amendment has been violated. It is as simple as that.

If only white people were allowed to get a driver's license, you would not be able to bitch about it because it does not meet your list of criteria for suffering, see?

If a black man could not marry a white woman, you would not be able to bitch about it because no black man is being enslaved or whipped or having his house burned down, see?

Lucky for you, the Supreme Court does not see things that way. They have to abide by the 14th amendment which says you cannot deny anyone equal protection under the law just because you don't like them. If you allow someone to get a driver's license, you cannot deny anyone from getting one solely because they are the wrong color. If you allow two people to get married, you cannot deny anyone from getting married just because one of them is the wrong color. And you cannot deny anyone from getting married just because one of them is the wrong gender.

There were plenty of people who did not like black men marrying white women. And they used the Holy Bible to justify their hatred and discrimination, too. Genesis 9:25-27.

They gave all kinds of "moral" reasons for their opposition, too. Mongrel races and the like. Blacks being lazy, immoral, and sexually promiscuous.

You've heard it all, I'm sure.

So I suggest when looking for evil and immorality in the world, perhaps we should take a gander at those who use the Bible to justify their hatred and denial of protection under the law.

Last edited:

Can you pass for straight?

I can't pass for white.

it was the only qualifier when I married my wife.
What makes you think it would be any different with 2 men or 2 women who love each other?

Or two Sisters?... There are many Siblings who Care for Children together and Love each other and could Benefit from what Marriage Affords.

Why be Exclusionary when Expanding "Rights"?

:)

peace...

I will admit....this argument ^^ is a difficult one to respond to..

Anyone?

Why not let them? Why should platonic siblings be denied? The key is...where is the societal harm in allowing it?

There is no law that says a gay person cannot be married, they just can't have the marriage of their choice, therefore the 14th Amendment doesn't apply.

The 14th states equal protection under the law. There is not equal protection when gays are not allowed to marry each other. It is gender discrimination.

You as a lesbian are not forbidden to marry, you just cannot have a special marriage that suits your sexual lifestyle, but the right to marry is available to you so yes, you are equally protected under the damn law, end of story!

Same argument they used to justify interracial marriage bans. Blacks could marry blacks and whites could marry whites. They lost in court too.

I know quite a lot about both. Which is exactly why I can see the similarities as a disinterested observer.

The only people who don't see the similarities are people who don't know shit about the 14th amendment.

Last edited:

Can you pass for straight?

I can't pass for white.

Michael Jackson tried.

You think I should have to lie so I don't get fired?

Forum List

Back