BLACKLISTED: Drudge, Coulter, Hannity, Carson, Breitbart....

The ghost of Joseph McCarthy lives. Find a picture, he looks like Ted Cruz.

Fascism on the rise in America, 2 years ago you wouldn't have believed it but how easily so many gravitate towards it. The New Bundist Movement. Luckily the armband design already exists.

There is nothing fascist about Trump's policies or actions.

Try to be less crazy. If you can.

:cuckoo:

And of course you know better than to try to support your claim of "fascism" because you know that any such support would be pathetically easy to smash.

Consumption and VAT taxes are generally preferred to tariffs because they don't discriminate and don't distort resource allocation. Tariffs on goods from Mexico and China implicitly subsidize industries and businesses that can't compete.
Why do you Free Trade zealots think American labor should compete against Third World serfs without subsidizing them?

Do yo understand economics? If our products are not subsidized, then the only other effect that can come about is the reduction of the American Middle Classes standard of living to that of Indonesia, which is what you really want, I take.

I have a degree in economics.

But thank you for parroting the AFL-CIO line of the past 100 years. Awake your inner leftist.

Details are for the small minded.

Dumbest statement ever.

Nope. We are setting new world records for largest trade deficits ever, year in and year out.

Any change is going to be for the good.

So you think a tariff on, lets say, laptops made in China will not hurt the American consumers at all?

Strawman. I did not say that a conflict over trade would be painless for America.

I said any change would be for the better. THis implies overall for the majority of Americans.

Any change would be for the better; in other words, you think things could not get worse….am I correct?

Overall, yes.

That really should have been obvious.

Which as I said, does not imply that it would be painless.

Better does not equal easy.

If you want to attack my position honestly, this is where you claim that the change would be for the worse overall, and, if you are feeling ballsy, maybe even try to support that claim somehow.

These primaries are chock full of delicious goodies. The "conservative's" are compiling a enemy list that support Trump and they are going to be forever banished from their little club :lol: :lol: :lol:

The annoying Amanda Carpenter got the ball rolling. Full story and list of everyone banished from the kingdom is here >>> Blacklisted: Drudge, Coulter, Hannity, Carson, Breitbart, O'Reilly, Christie Make GOP Smart Set's List of 'Ideological Hustlers' - Breitbart

Playing the victim has never been more in-style than it is in 2016 for the GOP.

That being said, alleged conservatives are going to have some explaining to do when Trump loses in November. Once the dust settles and they start talking about “conservative” principles once more…they will have no credibility with their viewers (or at least shouldn’t).

Thanks for sharing what you think conservatives listeners of various conservative personalities should think.

I support Trump for his issues.

The fact that his victory would crush your hopes and dreams is just a bonus.

I’ve been told what they think.

Small government…right? Yet he is going to “strengthen the military” which means expanding it to everyone except the excuse you’ll now make that “he didn’t mean that”….and by having to increase the number of ICE jackbooted thugs to raid the houses of nannies and gardeners and send them a-packing.
"Small government," the type that will register Muslims and investigate mosques
Islam is the cult of murder...

Small government…right? Yet he is going to “strengthen the military” which means expanding it to everyone except the excuse you’ll now make that “he didn’t mean that”….and by having to increase the number of ICE jackbooted thugs to raid the houses of nannies and gardeners and send them a-packing.

Trump seems to be pro gay marriage. Conservatives were against that when the ruling came down from the SCOTUS last year.
Now they are for it? Who knew?

Trump seems to be okay with funding PP. Now the Conservatives are for it? Who knew?

Immigration and Trade and to a lesser extent not screwing around with Russia.

Those are the policies that supercharged Trump's campaign.

On each of them he has the position that best benefits America.

That is what Trump's candidacy is about.

Trade eh? What are we going to start magically exporting once your Messiah is elected that we’re not exporting now?

I think the focus is more protecting domestic manufacturing from unfair competition.

Most of the offshoring happened under Bush.

True story.

But Trump's supporters are sadly mistaken if they think a global trade war will be good for the economy and bring manufacturing jobs back. Those jobs are gone forever.

Why? Germany has healthy manufacturing sector, and so does Japan. Are we somehow inferior to them?

I've been against Free Trade since the beginning. Take it how you like.

Leftists who don't understand capitalism usually are.

No, those who want to destroy the American Middle Classes prosperity are the leftists, like you, and those trying to defend it are the conservatives.

No, you are the leftist.

You don't get to redefine capitalism as leftist just because you want to.

Reagan was for free trade. Thatcher was for free trade. Friedman was for free trade.

Marxists are not.

Marxists want to protect labor using the exact same you are making. They said the same thing against Reagan, Thatcher and Friedman.

Hence, your argument is leftist.

These primaries are chock full of delicious goodies. The "conservative's" are compiling a enemy list that support Trump and they are going to be forever banished from their little club :lol: :lol: :lol:

The annoying Amanda Carpenter got the ball rolling. Full story and list of everyone banished from the kingdom is here >>> Blacklisted: Drudge, Coulter, Hannity, Carson, Breitbart, O'Reilly, Christie Make GOP Smart Set's List of 'Ideological Hustlers' - Breitbart

That being said, alleged conservatives are going to have some explaining to do when Trump loses in November. Once the dust settles and they start talking about “conservative” principles once more…they will have no credibility with their viewers (or at least shouldn’t).

Thanks for sharing what you think conservatives listeners of various conservative personalities should think.

I love how a libturd still doesn't understand economics 101.

First class of economics 101 - tariffs destroy wealth and are bad for the economy.

What about unfair trade? How good is that for the economy?

And the VAT by Cruz which he still says isn't a VAT but it is will just be dandy. Both Consumption taxes and are still used in Free Trade today. It isn't really Free.

A VAT is far, far better than a tariff.

Tariffs distort resource allocation, a VAT does not.

That's economics 201.
And yet it was the primary source of federal revenue before 1913.

His 16% on all goods and services serves the people how...............Perhaps if you like having the hidden tax in the price of a $30,000 car.......Making it now 34,800.............Please tell the people paying it I'm sure they will give you a kiss.

That tariffs were the primary source of revenue prior 100 years ago doesn't mean anything. We know much more about how economies work today than we did in the 19th century. It's an odd argument to make.

Consumption and VAT taxes are generally preferred to tariffs because they don't discriminate and don't distort resource allocation. Tariffs on goods from Mexico and China implicitly subsidize industries and businesses that can't compete.

Many conservative economists have long advocated reducing income taxes and replacing them with a VAT. Liberals have opposed this because they believe this benefits the rich at the expense of the poor, i.e. liberals think it's worse for wealth redistribution.
I believe in Fair Trade, They don't have our standards or rules there. They work for peanuts so the playing field isn't level and we lose MILLIONS OF JOBS................

Tell me when our country would be better off if we'd work for a few Taco's and get back to me.

"Fair trade" is what liberals ignorant of economics have argued for decades.

It's one reason why so many longtime conservatives are saying that Trump isn't a conservative. Conservatives support economic freedom, not using the government to engineer economic outcomes. Raising taxes to transfer wealth from one group to another - which is what tariffs do - is a liberal idea, not a conservative one.

The economic outcome of current trade has been engineered against US.

Dumbest statement ever.

Nope. We are setting new world records for largest trade deficits ever, year in and year out.

So you think a tariff on, lets say, laptops made in China will not hurt the American consumers at all?

Strawman. I did not say that a conflict over trade would be painless for America.

I said any change would be for the better. THis implies overall for the majority of Americans.

Any change would be for the better; in other words, you think things could not get worse….am I correct?

Overall, yes.

If you want to attack my position honestly, this is where you claim that the change would be for the worse overall, and, if you are feeling ballsy, maybe even try to support that claim somehow.

And when Mr. Trump doesn’t explain a period of pain where there will be either mass shortages of imported goods or they will cost out the ass…is he being honest with his supporters?

The beavises in the Trump crowds cheering “fair trade” are perhaps the most gullible of the lot.

Material Exports from the US are almost entirely the result of heavy industry. Big mfg, Big Corn, etc.

US Exports To China Have Grown 294% Over The Past Decade

It’s disingenuous to say that trade doesn’t help everyone. It does to a degree. But it helps heavy industry almost exclusively. Heavy industry often is reliant upon other businesses so there are spin-offs but unless you’re geographically related to the HI experiencing the uptick, its effect on your pocketbook is minimal. Of course plants can always expand to meet demand.

The real canard is that if Navistar or Ford or GE were to get an order for more tractors, cars, or turbines ; they will call the plant in Des Moines or Orlando and order more tractors and combines. No, they will have them built where it is most advantageous…where labor is cheaper and that isn’t here.

Agriculture (on the other hand) is pretty much a fortress that can’t be outsourced. Pistachios can’t grow in Ireland or Istanbul.

But seeing these idiots cheer has nothing to do with trade. Perhaps I’m giving them too much credit (which I thought would be impossible) but I think, possibly, they are smart enough to know that they are not going to see much of a change if every trade deal were to be re-written tomorrow…. What they are cheering is that some guy in China or Japan or some Euro dude will be told to “stick it” supposedly.

So, it's a race to the bottom for wages and you support that?

Why? Germany has healthy manufacturing sector, and so does Japan. Are we somehow inferior to them?

Germany has seen a decline in manufacturing employment, just like in America.

Percent of Employment in Manufacturing in Germany (DISCONTINUED)

Japan is a basketcase. Japan's GDP per capita is the same as it was 20 years ago.

The US has a healthy manufacturing sector. We produce more manufactured goods than we ever have.

Manufacturing Sector: Real Output

You confuse labor with output.

What has happened is that low-productivity manufacturing jobs have moved offshore. Those aren't coming back. All tariffs will do is accelerate automation.

Overall, yes.

And when Mr. Trump doesn’t explain a period of pain where there will be either mass shortages of imported goods or they will cost out the ass…is he being honest with his supporters?

EVERY political talks in sound bites about the joys of their policies without discussing the costs.

Mass shortages of imported goods? Cost out the ass?

SOunds exaggerated to me.

Overall, yes.

EVERY political talks in sound bites about the joys of their policies without discussing the costs.

Mass shortages of imported goods? Cost out the ass?

SOunds exaggerated to me.

Tariffs raise prices to consumers. Look it up.
Prices get too high, nobody buys them both at the retail and the wholesale level. Look it up.

Germany has seen a decline in manufacturing employment, just like in America.

Percent of Employment in Manufacturing in Germany (DISCONTINUED)

...n.

Yes. They are down to 20%. We are down to less than 9%.

That's a lot of good jobs to give up on.

I will try to address the rest of your post later, Have to go.

ps. thanks for the on topic substantial response.:beer: It is refreshing.

Yes.....Just ask President Jeb Bush about how he beat hilary in the General Election with the support of the same people calling for this black list......

What? Wait....you mean Trump beat jeb.....even though Jeb spent 140 million dollars......you're sure?

Never mind.

Oh...you are going to be sooooo disappointed. :lol:

btw, it is economics 101.
So are Trade Wars..
What about unfair trade? Slanted against you. Is that good for the economy?
I guarantee you, the Chinese are not going to be intimidated into changing their trade policies by a loud, undignified, obnoxious President who owes them $1.7T.

There are things that can be done through negotiation, but China is not a New York City concrete manufacturer or plumber's union. They can't be bullied into further damaging an economy that is already weakened by their decision to change its foundation.

The economic outcome of current trade has been engineered against US.

No, it has not.

A trade surplus does not mean a country is "winning." Japan has had a trade surplus forever and they are one of the weakest economies in the developed world.

People who think trade is a win/lose proposition fundamentally do not understand economics and capitalism. The losers in every country think that trade deals are bad.

And I don't say "losers" as a pejorative. Capitalism creates winners and losers. Always has, always will.

Trade may have been bad for you, but that doesn't mean it has been bad for everyone else.

btw, it is economics 101.
So are Trade Wars..
What about unfair trade? Slanted against you. Is that good for the economy?
I guarantee you, the Chinese are not going to be intimidated into changing their trade policies by a loud, undignified, obnoxious President who owes them $1.7T.

There are things that can be done through negotiation, but China is not a New York City concrete manufacturer or plumber's union. They can't be bullied into further damaging an economy that is already weakened by their decision to change its foundation.

It is at that point when reality begins to dawn on his supporters that we find out just how good of a sales man OR how xenophobic his supporters are.

He already has them believing that the bus boy at Chilis is responsible for so much wrong in the nation…he’ll just go back to what works and start to ostracize the Chinese Americans.

Forum List

Back