Boehner Gives In

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
All of that for nothing. You could have put up a clean CR two weeks ago and avoided all of this. Oh well, I'm sure we'll hear from you and the Crazy Causus again in December.

John Boehner: 'We Just Didn't Win'

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Wednesday that he would not block a bipartisan Senate compromise to reopen the government, paving the way for an end to the two-week government shutdown.

"The House has fought with everything it has to convince the president of the United States to engage in bipartisan negotiations aimed at addressing our country's debt and providing fairness for the American people under Obamacare. That fight will continue," he said in a statement. "But blocking the bipartisan agreement reached today by the members of the Senate will not be a tactic for us. In addition to the risk of default, doing so would open the door for the Democratic majority in Washington to raise taxes again on the American people and undo the spending caps in the 2011 Budget Control Act without replacing them with better spending cuts."

"We fought the good fight, we just didn't win," he told WLW-AM in Cincinnati.

All of that for nothing. You could have put up a clean CR two weeks ago and avoided all of this. Oh well, I'm sure we'll hear from you and the Crazy Causus again in December.

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Wednesday that he would not block a bipartisan Senate compromise to reopen the government, paving the way for an end to the two-week government shutdown.

"The House has fought with everything it has to convince the president of the United States to engage in bipartisan negotiations aimed at addressing our country's debt and providing fairness for the American people under Obamacare. That fight will continue," he said in a statement. "But blocking the bipartisan agreement reached today by the members of the Senate will not be a tactic for us. In addition to the risk of default, doing so would open the door for the Democratic majority in Washington to raise taxes again on the American people and undo the spending caps in the 2011 Budget Control Act without replacing them with better spending cuts."

Not for nothing. The voters will remember who tried to represent them, in 2014. The reminders will be constant and on video tape, for those "independents" who have jobs and miss much of political realities.....:eusa_whistle:

Bohner: In addition to the risk of default, doing so would open the door for the Democratic majority in Washington to raise taxes again on the American people and undo the spending caps in the 2011 Budget Control Act without replacing them with better spending cuts."

what a lame excuse for holding the country hostage for their own truly reprehensible agenda ...

and yes the Democrats will be back to fight for the American way - and on a level playing field.

When the Heritage Action Committee came out with a neutral stance, there wasn't much he could do. I'm not making excuses for Boehner, I don't believe he is a strong leader. There were many strong idea leaders in the GOP party and not enough cohesiveness. In the Democrat party, they are used to be told what to think and how to vote. Pretty much how it is.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Bohner: In addition to the risk of default, doing so would open the door for the Democratic majority in Washington to raise taxes again on the American people and undo the spending caps in the 2011 Budget Control Act without replacing them with better spending cuts."

what a lame excuse for holding the country hostage for their own truly reprehensible agenda ...

and yes the Democrats will be back to fight for the American way - and on a level playing field.

de·lu·sion (d-lzhn)
n.
a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.
2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

The most important part was putting up the fight. Democrats are going to say that the spending was bipartisan anyway. They will just have a harder time doing it with a monumental shut the government down battle.

And I say again...

Ha.

Ha.

Motherfuckin' HA!

de·lu·sion (d-lzhn)
n.
2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

Not for nothing. The voters will remember who tried to represent them, in 2014. The reminders will be constant and on video tape, for those "independents" who have jobs and miss much of political realities.....:eusa_whistle:

Is this like in the same way that you guys were gonna win the 2012 election?

Going into an election with 24% approval rating is not a good way to start out.

You guys are toast. :lol:

When the Heritage Action Committee came out with a neutral stance, there wasn't much he could do. I'm not making excuses for Boehner, I don't believe he is a strong leader. There were many strong idea leaders in the GOP party and not enough cohesiveness. In the Democrat party, they are used to be told what to think and how to vote. Pretty much how it is.

Speaking of Heritage Action:

What if I told you that one of the leaders of the tea party strategy to stop Obamacare by shutting down the Federal government didn't actually believe it was possible to repeal Obamacare until 2017 at the earliest but pushed forward with his plan anyway?

<snip>

It might be hard to believe that anyone would admit to such a thing, but Wednesday morning on Fox News, that's exactly what Heritage Action CEO Michael Needham did. He started out by explaining that Republicans had shut down the government because they don't want to "allow" Obamacare to "go forward" because they believe it must be stopped "before January 1":

The reason the government is shut down is Obamacare is unfair, it's unaffordable, it's unworkable, every single day there's more evidence of that coming out. House Republicans have remained strong in saying we are not going to let this bill go forward. We're not going to allow this to be inflicted on the American people. [...]

I think that almost every member of the House Republican conference, if not all of them, is deeply concerned about Obamacare, and knows that we have to do something before January 1 to stop it.

Then, less than sixty seconds later, he admitted that this strategy was doomed:

Well, everybody knows that we're not going to be able to repeal this law until 2017, and that we have to win the Senate and win the White House.

Tea party ringleader admits the GOP shut down the government for nothing

And I say again...

Ha.

Ha.

Motherfuckin' HA!

de·lu·sion (d-lzhn)
n.

Thinking about last year's election?

that is how the left operates. it is their strong side while they are an opposition, but that is also what makes them a totalitarian regime when they grab the absolute power.
we had that experience in 2009-2010

Dern tootin' sweet cheeks!

You of course realize that half of America feels the same way about Harry and Barry don't you?

He chose not to stand in the wake of a fart in a hurricane.

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag. Boehner isn't the Speaker, :up: DeMint is :rofl:

Forum List

Back