Boehner Gives In

Obama wins. our children, grandchildren and future great grandchildren lost

pop open the champagne..

Don't worry, the Teahadists you've been rooting for will get another crack at this in a few months...

...so they can remind the country once again what a bunch of total assholes they are.

:)
More name calling huh? Well the real fascists is not the tea party it is the racists DemoKKKrats. All Democrats are racist.

Didn't use the words "fascist" or "racist" now, did I?

Don't worry, the Teahadists you've been rooting for will get another crack at this in a few months...

...so they can remind the country once again what a bunch of total assholes they are.

:)
More name calling huh? Well the real fascists is not the tea party it is the racists DemoKKKrats. All Democrats are racist.

Didn't use the words "fascist" or "racist" now, did I?

No instead you tried to say they are like the Taliban... Thats demoKKKrats not the tea party.

Teaparty not carrying through w/ their threat. I thought they'd fire boehner :dunno:

This guy thinks he might know why:

We think Boehner is pathetic. We think he allowed himself to be maneuvered into a hopeless situation, forced either to crash the economy or lose his job at the hands of enraged teabaggers. But apparently he's a genius. [It] seems as if he knew this was a hopeless cause -- but he also seems to have an exquisitely subtle understanding of just how to mollify the lunatics in the asylum he runs. Tell them you're behind them all the way. Let them run into the streets and destroy all the property they like. Then, when the authorities (i.e., the financial markets) declare that their bourgeois riot has to be shut down, he tells them he was on their side all along.

And they believe him.

guy is right

All of that for nothing. You could have put up a clean CR two weeks ago and avoided all of this. Oh well, I'm sure we'll hear from you and the Crazy Causus again in December.

John Boehner: 'We Just Didn't Win'

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Wednesday that he would not block a bipartisan Senate compromise to reopen the government, paving the way for an end to the two-week government shutdown.

"The House has fought with everything it has to convince the president of the United States to engage in bipartisan negotiations aimed at addressing our country's debt and providing fairness for the American people under Obamacare. That fight will continue," he said in a statement. "But blocking the bipartisan agreement reached today by the members of the Senate will not be a tactic for us. In addition to the risk of default, doing so would open the door for the Democratic majority in Washington to raise taxes again on the American people and undo the spending caps in the 2011 Budget Control Act without replacing them with better spending cuts."

"We fought the good fight, we just didn't win," he told WLW-AM in Cincinnati.

Not for ‘nothing:’

Government shutdown has cost US economy $1.5bn a day, S&P says | Business | theguardian.com

A pointless shutdown of the government by republicans and a pointless waste of money.

The GOP was fighting for LESS debt and the dems for more!!! How can the GOP lose that battle?

All Boehner had to say over and over was - NO MORE DEBT NO MORE DEBT NO MORE DEBT

The House needs a new speaker and i say Teddy Baby.

And I say again...

Ha.

Ha.

Motherfuckin' HA!

It really isn't funny.

This is going to cost, big.

24 billion out of the US economy because of this bullshit.

And who knows how many bill the government racked up.

Republicans are assholes.
true. the gov't workers will have an even bigger backlog of work to do when they return. So, the taxpayers were hurt by this teaparty/repub/koch bros/heritage for action shutdown.

The GOP was fighting for LESS debt and the dems for more!!! How can the GOP lose that battle?

All Boehner had to say over and over was - NO MORE DEBT NO MORE DEBT NO MORE DEBT

The House needs a new speaker and i say Teddy Baby.

No, let Boehner stay and please run Cruz for president. Can he run? :eusa_pray:

And I say again...

Ha.

Ha.

Motherfuckin' HA!

It really isn't funny.

This is going to cost, big.

24 billion out of the US economy because of this bullshit.

And who knows how many bill the government racked up.

Republicans are assholes.

They have done more to harm jobs than to create them in my opinion. That track record is something they will have to answer for in 2014.

Yeah,

Lets collapse our dollar and the world economy. It isn't like you people give a damn....

What makes me most angry is the fact that you're not going after the cause of the DEBT...Welfare, bail-outs by the fed and wars.

During the 1950s and 1960's our country spent far more on infrastructure, manufacturing, science, tech and education. We became a super power because of it. I am not saying that the republicans are totally wrong about the debt but they're fighting against the health of this nation and the wrong things. Sequester is the most anti-American piece of shit imaginable.

Last edited:
All of that for nothing. You could have put up a clean CR two weeks ago and avoided all of this. Oh well, I'm sure we'll hear from you and the Crazy Causus again in December.

John Boehner: 'We Just Didn't Win'

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Wednesday that he would not block a bipartisan Senate compromise to reopen the government, paving the way for an end to the two-week government shutdown.

"The House has fought with everything it has to convince the president of the United States to engage in bipartisan negotiations aimed at addressing our country's debt and providing fairness for the American people under Obamacare. That fight will continue," he said in a statement. "But blocking the bipartisan agreement reached today by the members of the Senate will not be a tactic for us. In addition to the risk of default, doing so would open the door for the Democratic majority in Washington to raise taxes again on the American people and undo the spending caps in the 2011 Budget Control Act without replacing them with better spending cuts."

"We fought the good fight, we just didn't win," he told WLW-AM in Cincinnati.

Not for ‘nothing:’

Government shutdown has cost US economy $1.5bn a day, S&P says | Business | theguardian.com

A pointless shutdown of the government by republicans and a pointless waste of money.

Going to much harder to accuse the government of waste and spending when the Republicans have just pissed away billions in the name of "principle" and got nothing for it.

Not to worry...Senator Lautenberger's wife will get 179K to ease the pain of her loss...maybe she can buy a Gucci purse to carry around the 50 million the old fart left her.

Forum List

Back