Boehner Gives In

[no, he needs to stay, he managed it as best he could, he had a losing hand form the git go, he gave in to his fractured caucus and is now doing what he needs to do to fight another day.

I will say grundingly:doubt:, as much as I think shes a whack job extraordinare, Pelosi is better at this then he is....she never would have allowed the public back biting that went on amongst the gop house.

No - he had the winning hand since he was fighting for less debt. That's what he should have emphasized but he never did. He's an idiot.

the debt ceiling fight will be back, be patient, they didn't give up the sequester gains from what I see, so its basically stasis until the next round of 'we're going over the cliff' media drum beating...:lol:

Ted Cruz?

yup - he's a senator but i say make him speaker of the house too. Obozo doesn't care about the constitution so why should i?

Sorry, but you really stepped in that one. Perhaps you should go back and get your GED.

Hey stupid. If obozo can flout the constitution by giving amnesty to 5 million illegals without congressional approval, then we can make a senator speaker of the house. THINK

Ted is the only fighter in the GOP. I'm sick of losers like boner and romney.

[
this wasn't nearly the disaster the media and their avid sycophants make it out to be, or hoped for or drove, the gop took a hit, no doubt, but if you think as of now this has really changed the dynamic as it stands right now, for next year? No, it hasn't.

the good news now is that the GOP can sit back and watch obozocare collapse and obozo and the poodle press can no longer blame it on the shutdown.

well, tactically that could have been a 'loss' for those opposed to obamacare, if we didn't have this fight, there would have been nothing else to cover....but I have a feeling it will be the 'gift' that keeps on giving...:doubt:

[
this wasn't nearly the disaster the media and their avid sycophants make it out to be, or hoped for or drove, the gop took a hit, no doubt, but if you think as of now this has really changed the dynamic as it stands right now, for next year? No, it hasn't.

the good news now is that the GOP can sit back and watch obozocare collapse and obozo and the poodle press can no longer blame it on the shutdown.

Since we never could have won this battle on ACA as the TeaPs wished, this exactly what we should have done in the beginning.

The far right was told this, but, no, they knew better.

Boehner did not give in.

The TeaPs could not put together a deal the rest of the GOP could support anymore.

The TeaPs failed.

Ironically enough the tea Party would have gained far more concessions from the ACA if they had simply negotiated for them 6 months ago. Instead they ended up with nothing but egg on their faces.

yup - he's a senator but i say make him speaker of the house too. Obozo doesn't care about the constitution so why should i?

Sorry, but you really stepped in that one. Perhaps you should go back and get your GED.

Hey stupid. If obozo can flout the constitution by giving amnesty to 5 million illegals without congressional approval, then we can make a senator speaker of the house. THINK

I hear you but the string has run out. it was time to move on....

His speakership or his House seat?

You had to actually ask this? OMG your stupid.

OMG, you're bitter.

And not too bright yourself, if this is true:

At the last GOP conference meeting of the two-week government shutdown, no lawmakers went to the microphones to give their take.

Instead, after Speaker John Boehner told Republicans they had “fought the good fight,” they all rose up to offer a standing ovation. “It was one of the easiest meetings we’ve ever had,” says Representative Mick Mulvaney of South Carolina.

“I think he has strengthened his position in leadership,” Representative John Fleming says about Boehner. “He hung in there with us. He’s been reluctant to go to these fights and now that we have stood up and fought for our values and he’s been there with us, leading, I think his stock has risen tremendously. He has great security as our leader and our speaker.”

The Last Conference | National Review Online

ETA: So if you mean his Speakership, looks like you're wrong and if you mean his House district, you're also likely wrong because it's about as safe as Nancy Pelosi's.
I know to you lying is second nature but I find it offensive so I do believe any congressperson who votes for this should be voted the fuck out of office for betraying the country.

being speaker & trying to keep the rw'ers together is like herding cats.

John Boehner's going to be found in some hotel bathtub with a bottle of Jack and his wrists opened up. He's phucked.

He's fucked because he wouldn't crash our economy and default. Jeezzz...

Wake up righties.

The economy would not have crashed, you fool. Obozo can print all the money he wants by borrowing from the fed and since that doesn't count as debt (crazy but thats how it is), it would not have breached the limit.

The GOP was fighting for LESS debt and the dems for more!!! How can the GOP lose that battle?

All Boehner had to say over and over was - NO MORE DEBT NO MORE DEBT NO MORE DEBT

The House needs a new speaker and i say Teddy Baby.

you want Ted Cruz to be Speaker of the House?

um, he's not a member of the House, bro.

Repubs are the party of big business so they won't tolerate having a tea party speaker. Boehner will prolly stay at least up until the next election cycle.

The economy would not have crashed, you fool. Obozo can print all the money he wants by borrowing from the fed and since that doesn't count as debt (crazy but thats how it is), it would not have breached the limit.

Reagan said it would have crashed if we passed the debt limit.

who ever that feels we should of crashed the economy of the world = should be removed in 2014.

no one wanted that or meant it, its all blubbering....this was the way it was going to happen from the got go....and wait till feb. 2014, we can just repost all of these threads, little will have changed.

No, Ted is a legislative version of a suicide bomber.

Tell us again how he should be Speaker of the House, being as he is a Senator and all.

You had to actually ask this? OMG your stupid.

OMG, you're bitter.

And not too bright yourself, if this is true:

At the last GOP conference meeting of the two-week government shutdown, no lawmakers went to the microphones to give their take.

Instead, after Speaker John Boehner told Republicans they had “fought the good fight,” they all rose up to offer a standing ovation. “It was one of the easiest meetings we’ve ever had,” says Representative Mick Mulvaney of South Carolina.

“I think he has strengthened his position in leadership,” Representative John Fleming says about Boehner. “He hung in there with us. He’s been reluctant to go to these fights and now that we have stood up and fought for our values and he’s been there with us, leading, I think his stock has risen tremendously. He has great security as our leader and our speaker.”

The Last Conference | National Review Online

ETA: So if you mean his Speakership, looks like you're wrong and if you mean his House district, you're also likely wrong because it's about as safe as Nancy Pelosi's.
I know to you lying is second nature but I find it offensive so I do believe any congressperson who votes for this should be voted the fuck out of office for betraying the country.

There you go again. Just like on Hannity.

What was I just lying about, Sparky?

Forum List

Back