bonds hit all time low

I can say for myself, that the growth rate of my 401k and IRA, have both dramatically increased since Trump has been in office.
Well, since we're talking about comparing 401Ks, let's do a little number crunching. We'll use the S&P 500 ETF SPY as our proxy for the market:

Barack Obama
Days in office: 2,291
SPY price on first day in office: $92.00
SPY price on last day in office: $227.53
Annualized Return: 11.99%

Donald Trump
Days in office: 964
SPY price on first day in office: $227.53
SPY price at close today: $292.57
Annualized Return: 9.98%

Sources:
Calculate Duration Between Two Dates – Results
SPDR S&P 500 (SPY) Stock Price, Quote, History & News
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator
/—-/ I marked your post with a thank you because for once a libtard demonstrated a working knowledge of the market. Now run SPY from the day he won the election.

I can say for myself, that the growth rate of my 401k and IRA, have both dramatically increased since Trump has been in office.
Well, since we're talking about comparing 401Ks, let's do a little number crunching. We'll use the S&P 500 ETF SPY as our proxy for the market:

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Sources:
/—-/ I marked your post with a thank you because for once a libtard demonstrated a working knowledge of the market. Now run SPY from the day he won the election.
It's my profession.

I gave you the tools. You can do it yourself.

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Sources:

Nice and biased of you to give Obozo a lot more days than Trump. Let's double Trump to the same amount of days. That puts him at around 20% return. Almost double Obozo's. Oops. Before you cry, going the opposite way would also lower Obozo's number. Oops again.

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Sources:

Nice and biased of you to give Obozo a lot more days than Trump. Let's double Trump to the same amount of days. That puts him at around 20% return. Almost double Obozo's. Oops. Before you cry, going the opposite way would also lower Obozo's number. Oops again.
Obviously you don't know what "annualized" means.

I guess they don't cover that in TrumpWorld.

Oops, indeed.

Only an idiot would invest in bonds in a Trump economy. People are actually making money now that Obama's gone.
In what way are people actually making money now? Are you talking about market growth?
Oh FFS! Jobs, markets and so on. Bonds are low yield and we finally have a thriving economy. Obama's gone!
I’m checking the growth of those areas versus trump and see no difference. Actually seeing greater growth under Obama in some areas like quarterly GDP, job growth, unemployment... wanna be specific about something and we can examine?
You can examine peace and prosperity. You can also quit whining, but I suppose that's asking too much from snowflake.
What did I say that you read as whining? I’m simply asking for details about your statement. If anything is whining it was your complaint about the Obama economy. Get a mirror

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Sources:

Oops, indeed.

the payments to the people Trump defrauded at his University are annualized.

how'd I do ?

SHIT NO -

Then why are you concerned about the bond market?

Did you not make money under Obama?

We monitored the downward trends in '08 and got out until the market recovered, then we got back in. We held our ground "under Obama" until the future looked more secure and stable--out from "under Obama". We never try to time the market but we react to well established trends up or down. It's worked well for us.
Was that a round about way to avoid saying that you made money under Obama’s economy? If not then at what point did the economy and market become secure cause of you look at the growth chart it has been growing steady for nearly 10 years

In what way are people actually making money now? Are you talking about market growth?

We have five well-diversified accounts and they are all making money. Very happy with them.
That’s wonderful. Did you not make money under Obama? Market has been on similar growth trends for nearly 10 years now

The market has been growing at the same rate, perhaps slightly more but not much.

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Sources:

Was not the low starting price under Obama, artificially low.... primarily due to a recession created by policies that Obama supported? Obama sued banks to make sub-prime loans.

I would have assumed that the price increase would have been much larger, since it started from an artificially low amount due to the recession.

Nevertheless, I think there is a difference between looking at average prices of stocks, and how much wealth is actually being generated. Because without a doubt, my portfolio has done better in the last 3 years, than in the 3 years prior.

I think the reason that your numbers, and my reality, don't line up.... is not because you are wrong... you are not wrong in the numbers you gave.

But in a portfolio, there is more to it than just the stated value of the stocks owned. You also have dividends to account for. The money earned from simply owning the stock.

I myself, learned this through experience. I remember watching that the values of the S&P stayed relatively flat, but my portfolio kept going up in value.

What I realized was, even if the stocks do not increase much in value, every other month, I'm getting dividends from owning those stocks. That money is then used to purchase more stock. So while the S&P wasn't increasing that much, my portfolio value did.

And where does a company get the money to pay out dividends? From profits. And what is the biggest direct loss of profits? The corporate tax.

With the corporate tax lower, my dividends have increased. Since my dividends have increased, my portfolio has purchased more and more stock.

So while you can correctly say that based on the numbers the S&P has only gone up in average prices so much.... my portfolio is still doing very well.

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Sources:

Oops, indeed.

the payments to the people Trump defrauded at his University are annualized.

how'd I do ?
/—-/ Nobody forced them to sign up

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Sources:

Oops, indeed.

Guess they don't cover simple numbers in LibtardLand. You make a false claim by giving Obozo over double the amount of time you give Trump. So of course Obozo looks better. Obviously you didn't make it out of first grade and simple numbers. Oops.

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Sources:

Oops, indeed.

Guess they don't cover simple numbers in LibtardLand. You make a false claim by giving Obozo over double the amount of time you give Trump. So of course Obozo looks better. Obviously you didn't make it out of first grade and simple numbers. Oops.
Holy crap. You're doubling down on your ignorance.

First, I didn't "give" anyone "time". Those are DAYS ACTUALLY SPENT IN OFFICE.

Second, I gave the EXACT MOVEMENT OF THE MARKET DURING THOSE TIMES.

Third, I annualized it so that THE DAYS IN OFFICE DON'T MATTER.

Fourth, I provided LINKS to all RESOURCES and PRECISE FIGURES.

THAT IS HOW IT'S DONE. I SHOWED MY WORK, Mister Wizard.

You are the only one saying these stupid things because EVERYONE ELSE GETS IT.

Jesus. Your combination of arrogance and ignorance is funny, but a little disturbing.

Last edited:

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Sources:

Oops, indeed.

Jesus. Your combination of arrogance and ignorance is funny, but a little disturbing.

I think it'd be more accurate to calculate Obama's performance through election day 2016 and start
Trump's calculation on Wednesday November 9th. The post election rally had nothing to do with Obama.

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Sources:

Oops, indeed.

Hey ignorant twat. Days in office DO matter. You are giving Obozo an unfair advantage of giving him over TWICE AS MUCH TIME as Trump has had. You showed your stupidity again. Your level of comprehension must be that of a toddler. Also dumbo, I don't need to show any links because the numbers are RIGHT THERE! Your melting down over this is just funny to watch.

Barack Obama

Donald Trump

Sources:

Oops, indeed.

Hey ignorant twat. Days in office DO matter. You are giving Obozo an unfair advantage of giving him over TWICE AS MUCH TIME as Trump has had. You showed your stupidity again. Your level of comprehension must be that of a toddler. Also dumbo, I don't need to show any links because the numbers are RIGHT THERE! Your melting down over this is just funny to watch.
So you just assume the market will now go up until both guys will have been in office for exactly the same amount of time.

Incredible.

This is a great example of why trying to discuss markets and economics with nutters is a waste of time. I'm done with you.

Only an idiot would invest in bonds in a Trump economy. People are actually making money now that Obama's gone.

No kidding. Who wants to invest in bonds when the economy is cruising. This is your typical govt lover.

Forum List

Back