Boy Scouts Vote To End Ban On Gay Leaders Facing litigation, the Boy Scouts of America voted to end

You mean they will force everyone to be gay?

Damned gay agenda

No they will force troops sponsored by religious organizations to accept gay volunteer leaders, even if that goes against the religious tenets of said organization.

Deny it all you like, make light of it all you like, but you know it's going to happen.
BSA wasn't forced to do anything. They changed their policy of their own free will. This is something you advocate for on a regular basis...let business decide, not government.

Government has been part of the duress being applied to them and you know it. And their change won't be enough. I actually have no issue with the current change, but again, it won't be enough for miserable twats such as yourself. You will now go after troops that want to keep the ban in place for their own troops.

Sure, but not legally. The BSA already won at the SCOTUS, the right to discriminate. They would get pressure, but it's the "free market" kind ya'll like.

You twits are sue happy, so pretty soon a lawsuit will be made, and local troops will not have the $$ to fight them.

I say again...the BSA already (quite recently) won at the Supreme Court, their right to discriminate...despite state anti discrimination laws. This is the free market.

Race and sexual orientation are not the same, no matter how much your side tries to make it so.

Society can change, but you forcing it to change by being assholes via the government is wrong, and that you don't see it is sad.
The government made laws to discriminate. The laws have been overturned.

Not the point, and you know it.
It is the point, though. If you make things illegal for no good reason there will always be a backlash.

Kind of like what is happening when government tries to ruin bakers who don't want to bake cakes for gay weddings?
No. Bakers sign up for PA laws when they agree to accept the license of the city. Gays, black people, etc., do not sign up for being discriminated against nor do they sign up for laws discriminating against them.

PA laws were never meant to cover every single business transaction, and a backlash is coming, so enjoy your fascist attempts to ruin people for their beliefs while you can.

No they will force troops sponsored by religious organizations to accept gay volunteer leaders, even if that goes against the religious tenets of said organization.

Deny it all you like, make light of it all you like, but you know it's going to happen.
BSA wasn't forced to do anything. They changed their policy of their own free will. This is something you advocate for on a regular basis...let business decide, not government.

Government has been part of the duress being applied to them and you know it. And their change won't be enough. I actually have no issue with the current change, but again, it won't be enough for miserable twats such as yourself. You will now go after troops that want to keep the ban in place for their own troops.

Sure, but not legally. The BSA already won at the SCOTUS, the right to discriminate. They would get pressure, but it's the "free market" kind ya'll like.

You twits are sue happy, so pretty soon a lawsuit will be made, and local troops will not have the $$ to fight them.

I say again...the BSA already (quite recently) won at the Supreme Court, their right to discriminate...despite state anti discrimination laws. This is the free market.

And again, I don't trust the courts anymore, and you twats are so litigious you will keep trying until you get your way.

The BSA is a private organization. The Supreme Court said they can make their own rules. They have been dragging their feet on this for over a decade and are finally recognizing reality. Gays are accepted in America.
Some religious groups have still not accepted that fact. They can either accept it or drop their scouting program. Just like BSA made a choice, those churches can make a choice. Nobody is holding a gun to their head

Gays are accepted by some Americans, tolerated by more. Stop speaking for other people.

The gun will come later, when gays start suing the troops that don't want them as leaders.

Volunteer leader? Never happened before. I haven't seen women sue to become Boy Scout Leaders

If you don't want your son in scouts, don't send him.

If some group doesn't want a gay scout leader, they should just accept it and move on to another troop. Why should a persons involvement in scouting be related to their approval of a homosexual lifestyle?
Because you are the one being offended

Same applied to troops accepting "negroes" and people not wanting their sons in a troop led by a negro

Society changes

Race and sexual orientation are not the same, no matter how much your side tries to make it so.

Society can change, but you forcing it to change by being assholes via the government is wrong, and that you don't see it is sad.

Race and religion are not the same no matter how much "your side" tries to ignore the EQUAL protections given race and religion.

It's the DISCRIMINATION being compared.

The government made laws to discriminate. The laws have been overturned.

Not the point, and you know it.
It is the point, though. If you make things illegal for no good reason there will always be a backlash.

Kind of like what is happening when government tries to ruin bakers who don't want to bake cakes for gay weddings?
No. Bakers sign up for PA laws when they agree to accept the license of the city. Gays, black people, etc., do not sign up for being discriminated against nor do they sign up for laws discriminating against them.

PA laws were never meant to cover every single business transaction, and a backlash is coming, so enjoy your fascist attempts to ruin people for their beliefs while you can.
They were meant to cover businesses open to the public and that is what they cover. I could give a shit if the laws get repealed. Enjoy your fascist whining.

I am not a christian but I would rather send my son to trail life than to the boy scouts
http://www.traillifeusa.com/
^where the closeted pedos lurk.

Most of the ones who get caught are pederasts, not pedo's. words mean things.
Yes, they do, and I stand by my post. wtf are you babbling about now? You going to claim that pedos don't hang out where their victims hang out?

No, that the majority of abuse cases seen are not pedophilia, but pederasty (and whatever the whole teacher-young boy thing is called). It's still sexual abuse, but the people doing it are not attracted to pre-pubescent, they are attracted to pubescent and post pubescent.

I am not a christian but I would rather send my son to trail life than to the boy scouts
You mean the gay closet pedos
No. All of them.
link it? Proof the the trail life is a pedo haven?
Prove that it isn't. More Christians are pedophiles in this country than ANY OTHER GROUP.
Prove it.

PA laws were never meant to cover every single business transaction,

Prove it!

Prove that they were.

Federal definition of a PA:

42 U.S. Code 12181 - Definitions US Law LII Legal Information Institute

And while a bakery is included, a baker is not, so even then it seems to apply to point of sale, not contracted items.

You made the fallacious allegation so it is up to you to overturn the law as it currently stands against your bogus claim.

PA laws were never meant to cover every single business transaction,

Prove it!

Prove that they were.

Federal definition of a PA:

42 U.S. Code 12181 - Definitions US Law LII Legal Information Institute

And while a bakery is included, a baker is not, so even then it seems to apply to point of sale, not contracted items.

You made the fallacious allegation so it is up to you to overturn the law as it currently stands against your bogus claim.

Nope. My "allegation" is based on the original intent of all PA laws, which was to stop overt and systemic discrimination against a significant part of the population, i.e. blacks in the Jim Crow South.

Yes, they do, and I stand by my post. wtf are you babbling about now? You going to claim that pedos don't hang out where their victims hang out?

No, that the majority of abuse cases seen are not pedophilia, but pederasty (and whatever the whole teacher-young boy thing is called). It's still sexual abuse, but the people doing it are not attracted to pre-pubescent, they are attracted to pubescent and post pubescent.
What does that have to do with what I posted?

What does that have to do with what I posted?

You used the term "pedo" and most of these cases do not involve pedophiles, but really pederasts.

You have not heard of the dreaded "GAY AGENDA"?
You really need to watch more rightwing media...it is almost as bad as Ebola

You are recommending I watch FOX news ????

No thanks.

How else are you going to learn to fear the GAY AGENDA?

Reading this board....I suppose.

Although I've seen no evidence of it around me (and I live in a very conservative area of New Mexico).
one of those areas upper middle class white conservatives have fled to?

Middle class white conservatives are fleeing ?

Fox News strikes again !
false!
ever heard the term white flight :
White flight

White flight is a term that originated in the United States, starting in the mid-20th century, and applied to the large-scale migration of whites of various European ancestries from racially mixed urban regions to more racially homogeneous suburban or exurban regions.
it started long before fox news was a gleam in Rupert Murdock's eye.

They are free to drop their sponsorship if they no longer want to run a scouting program. I expect many will.
Nobody is being forced to do anything

That's the same "freedom" you assholes want to give to bakers, photographers, and anyone else who disagrees with you.

And it is force, or it will become so when the lawsuits start flying.

You assholes can't accept anyone different than you, and you use government to make it that way. You are all miserable excuses for human beings.

That is the way things work with public accommodation

"We don't serve negroes here " is no longer acceptable regardless of your personal beliefs or hatreds

Boy Scouts are not a public accommodation, and neither is a contracted baker or photographer.
The Boy Scouts are a private organization and are setting their own rules. How can you object to that?

They are doing it under duress. Plus the change they made will not be enough for nosy busybody asshats such as yourself. The result will be religious groups being forced to either accept gay volunteer leaders in their sponsored troops, or quitting scouts.

Again, you don't favor equality, you favor superiority.
busy body asshats ? it's ok when you asshats interfere in other peoples lives!

Forum List

Back