Boycott Israel

US Navy kept denying a request for verification that a US ship was in the area.
Captain gave orders not to fire on the torpedo boat, but his order was either not heard or ignored. Once fired on the Torpedo boat fired on the USS Liberty.
Israel had just been attacked and was looking for the ship. USS Liberty was in the wrong place, but where the pilots were told there was no US ship, they targeted the USS Liberty as an enemy.
There was so much wrong and much of it by the US Navy and the crew of the USS Liberty, as well as the mixed signals the pilots were getting. When told there was no US ship and to target the ship, they would have to believe the ship was flying false colors.
The over sized flag was flown after. It was a ceremonial flag and would not have been raised while at sea.
All these years and still false stories and half truths abound about the incident. We all know ships in the region have been attacked by other countries.

Ship designs back then were unique to the designers. The Israelis knew what an American ship looked like. Certainly they didn't think it was a Palestinian or Egyptian ship (considering the "fact" that Palestine and Egypt had such extensive navies) -- did they?

Does anyone really believe that Egypt built a ship to look like an American ship then painted it; marked it with identifiers; then hoisted an American flag? If the Israelis didn't believe it to be an American ship then who's ship did they believe it belonged to?

Nevertheless, one of the first rules a boy in gun safety training learns is that he should NEVER point a gun unless he intends to fire and another important rule is to know EXACTLY what you're shooting at. No guessing allowed.

Picture of the USS Liberty before the deadly attack:
uss%20liberty.gif

After that fateful day:
uss_liberty.jpg

Most vessels were built along similar lines in the worlds shipyards, any new innovation was soon picked up and incorporated into other vessels. So in the main even 100 years ago all nations naval vessels looked very similar, and it was known that many ships flew another nations flag for convenience. My friend worked on merchant ships that had 5 or 6 different flags depending on which part of the world they were sailing in, and saw many naval vessels doing the same thing.

How about what the pilots would have seen a silhouette for a split second of a vessel that should not have been there

Captain gave orders not to fire on the torpedo boat, but his order was either not heard or ignored. Once fired on the Torpedo boat fired on the USS Liberty.
Israel had just been attacked and was looking for the ship. USS Liberty was in the wrong place, but where the pilots were told there was no US ship, they targeted the USS Liberty as an enemy.
There was so much wrong and much of it by the US Navy and the crew of the USS Liberty, as well as the mixed signals the pilots were getting. When told there was no US ship and to target the ship, they would have to believe the ship was flying false colors.
The over sized flag was flown after. It was a ceremonial flag and would not have been raised while at sea.
All these years and still false stories and half truths abound about the incident. We all know ships in the region have been attacked by other countries.

One more point: You assert that the Israelis were justified based on the fact that a spy ship didn't identify itself but modern Israelis openly admit that they made a "blunder." If the blunder was made by America then why do the Israelis admit that it was their mistake?

Common Israeli practise to admit to something then produce the evidence that shows they did not do it. Rather naïve of them when it would be better to deny things and then let someone else prove otherwise.

Ship designs back then were unique to the designers. The Israelis knew what an American ship looked like. Certainly they didn't think it was a Palestinian or Egyptian ship (considering the "fact" that Palestine and Egypt had such extensive navies) -- did they?

Does anyone really believe that Egypt built a ship to look like an American ship then painted it; marked it with identifiers; then hoisted an American flag? If the Israelis didn't believe it to be an American ship then who's ship did they believe it belonged to?

Nevertheless, one of the first rules a boy in gun safety training learns is that he should NEVER point a gun unless he intends to fire and another important rule is to know EXACTLY what you're shooting at. No guessing allowed.

uss%20liberty.gif

After that fateful day:
uss_liberty.jpg

WRONG the common mistake is that vessels are unique when in fact certain laws of physics MUST apply. You cant have too much weight above the water line as the ship becomes unstable. You cant have too shallow a draft as the ship then wallows and becomes unstable. You cant have too wide a draft as the vessel becomes unstable. So most vessels looked alike to a pilot flying at supersonic speed and he could very easily mistake an American spy ship for ( look at the antennas on the vessel ) for something else.

As an aside how long have you been involved with a ship yard, or even lived close to one. I have at least 3 in easy reach and another 7 or 8 within 50 miles, all having had naval contracts over the years

Are you prepared to lead the assault on Israel, see if you are man enough to put words into actions
Hell yes, I'm man enough!

I do manly things, in a manly way, the way men do them, with other men.

Wait..............that didn't come out like I thought it would!

No it came out right and shows just what you are.

By the way the USS liberty was an ex WW2 freighter converted into a spy ship by the NSA, not a bespoke naval vessel. This means that it looked like thousands of other WW2 freighters that were sailing around the world at the time.

uss%20liberty.gif

After that fateful day:
uss_liberty.jpg

WRONG the common mistake is that vessels are unique when in fact certain laws of physics MUST apply. You cant have too much weight above the water line as the ship becomes unstable. You cant have too shallow a draft as the ship then wallows and becomes unstable. You cant have too wide a draft as the vessel becomes unstable. So most vessels looked alike to a pilot flying at supersonic speed and he could very easily mistake an American spy ship for ( look at the antennas on the vessel ) for something else.

As an aside how long have you been involved with a ship yard, or even lived close to one. I have at least 3 in easy reach and another 7 or 8 within 50 miles, all having had naval contracts over the years

Phoenall, my husband was sitting in a plane on an aircraft carrier in the Med ready to take off then they were stopped. The retired Navy personnel like my husband, especially those in the service at that time, believe it was an accident and they are not obsessed with the Liberty incident like the anti-Israel crowd is. They are more interested in what is happening these days. However, it appears to do some of the posters good to drag up the Liberty incident time and time again as if they found the Holy Grail. Meanwhile, these posters have nothing to say about what is happening in the other Middle East countries today where innocent people are being murdered en masse.

uss%20liberty.gif

After that fateful day:
uss_liberty.jpg

Phoenall, my husband was sitting in a plane on an aircraft carrier in the Med ready to take off then they were stopped. The retired Navy personnel like my husband, especially those in the service at that time, believe it was an accident and they are not obsessed with the Liberty incident like the anti-Israel crowd is. They are more interested in what is happening these days. However, it appears to do some of the posters good to drag up the Liberty incident time and time again as if they found the Holy Grail. Meanwhile, these posters have nothing to say about what is happening in the other Middle East countries today where innocent people are being murdered en masse.

I'm not dragging up anything. I'm bringing up recent conversations and testimonies. I guess it wouldn't mean much to anyone who didn't experience the devastation and horror first hand.

This video is only 9 months old:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDyJbjLv4O8"]Survivors of USS Liberty tell more about Israeli attack - YouTube[/ame]

The bottom line (for me anyway) is that America needs to fix her own problems before attempting to fix the problems of the rest of the world. I don't think that's an unreasonable desire on my part.

Last edited:

I'm not dragging up anything. I'm bringing up recent conversations and testimonies. I guess it wouldn't mean much to anyone who didn't experience the devastation and horror first hand.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDyJbjLv4O8"]Survivors of USS Liberty tell more about Israeli attack - YouTube[/ame]

The bottom line (for me anyway) is that America needs to fix her own problems before attempting to fix the problems of the rest of the world. I don't think that's an unreasonable desire on my part.

No its not an unreasonable desire and no one said it was.

Perhaps he should visit one of the Navy retirees' get-togethers and see if they are still obsessed with the Liberty incident. As you can see, he is not at all interested in all the thousands of innocent people who have been killed and are still being killed in the Muslim world. It is more important to drag up the Liberty incident (of course since the Israelis are involved) as if posters like him haven't dragged it up ad nauseam, especially since so much has happened in the world since then.

Do explain how a WW2 freighter could be unique in design when thousands were built in shipyards all over the world to the same design. The Egyptians used the same type of vessel at the same time so very easily confused. Just like two identical ford mustangs parked side by side, which one is which ?

Again ... I don't have a dog in this fight and am far more concerned with the problems in America's backyard than I am with a bunch of feuding Middle Easterners. Nonetheless, I found this article quite informative in that it negates much of what we here in America's misleading MSM (mainstream media): The Expulsion of the Palestinians, 1947-1948

Regardless of who's side is right or wrong I will always be against this type of cowardly torture:

LiveLeak.com - Graphic: IDF soldiers torture Palestinians and break their arms with rocks

Did you see the Israeli soldiers ganging up on unarmed dudes smashing their faces against walls or breaking their arms with rocks? Really? That's cool with you?
If you think the Mid-East crisis is no big deal for the US, you are in for a big surprise after you grow up.
The US has a crocodile in the fight and it's called IDF. That's all you need for todays lesson.

We've had that old "crocodile" floundering around in the Mid-East since the 40s. What good has it done? Look at the mess America is in right now. Instead of policing the rest of the world we need to police ourselves and in a big hurry. Israel made her bed ... it's time for her to lay in it and stop sucking on America's dried up, financial & military tits. If she's got God's blessings and if she is His "chosen" people (as many mistakenly believe) then she doesn't need us. God is able to do with His pinky finger in a day what America couldn't do in the past 70 or so years with all of her military might.

Your lessons for the day?:

1) Focus on closing our southern border.
2) Focus on creating jobs here in the USA.
3) Focus on fiscal responsibility.
4) Focus on dissolving the Federal Reserve.
5) Focus on returning to a gold standard.
6) Focus on drilling for oil here in the USA and quit depending on foreign oil.
7) Focus on defending our 2nd Amendment rights and the Constitution as a whole.
8) Focus on helping America's poor, sick, elderly, orphans, and destitute.
9) Focus on keeping our military strong and defending our own soil instead of everyone else's backyards.
10) Focus on raising our educational standards for the benefit of our young and America's future.

These lessons should keep you busy for now. Let me know when you need more.

P.S. Oh ... and remember the USS Liberty!!!

Yep. When the Jew haters have nothing else, they always got the Liberty. How's the weather in Seattle.

By the way the USS liberty was an ex WW2 freighter converted into a spy ship by the NSA, not a bespoke naval vessel. This means that it looked like thousands of other WW2 freighters that were sailing around the world at the time.
Only this one was flying a US flag that was shot to shit.

Survivors of USS Liberty tell more about Israeli attack - YouTube

Perhaps he should visit one of the Navy retirees' get-togethers and see if they are still obsessed with the Liberty incident. As you can see, he is not at all interested in all the thousands of innocent people who have been killed and are still being killed in the Muslim world. It is more important to drag up the Liberty incident (of course since the Israelis are involved) as if posters like him haven't dragged it up ad nauseam, especially since so much has happened in the world since then.

I don't really think "remembering" a horrific event is necessarily an "obsession." No more so than remembering the Holocaust which occurred several decades prior the the USS Liberty event.

Yep. When the Jew haters have nothing else, they always got the Liberty. How's the weather in Seattle.

You're kidding ... right? "Jew hater?" Where on earth did you come up with that? Just because I believe we should focus our attention on issues directly facing the USA doesn't mean that I "hate" another nation. We're no good to anyone, anywhere if we're deteriorating from within. Our economy is in total shambles. Our unemployment rate is a laughing stock and a reflection of the result of huge, liberal government. We're on the verge of shrinking our military. We don't have the time, resources, or man-power to continue policing the rest of the world until we repair the gigantic hole in our own hull.

We've done more for Israeli than all the other nations on earth combined. Why? I can't be certain but perhaps the other nations of the world can take over for awhile while we tend to our own garden. And maybe ... just maybe Israel can stop relying on us to fix every problem they create and start fixing their own problems for a time. Not too much to ask.

You're kidding ... right? "Jew hater?" Where on earth did you come up with that? Just because I believe we should focus our attention on issues directly facing the USA doesn't mean that I "hate" another nation. We're no good to anyone, anywhere if we're deteriorating from within. Our economy is in total shambles. Our unemployment rate is a laughing stock and a reflection of the result of huge, liberal government. We're on the verge of shrinking our military. We don't have the time, resources, or man-power to continue policing the rest of the world until we repair the gigantic hole in our own hull.

We've done more for Israeli than all the other nations on earth combined. Why? I can't be certain but perhaps the other nations of the world can take over for awhile while we tend to our own garden. And maybe ... just maybe Israel can stop relying on us to fix every problem they create and start fixing their own problems for a time. Not too much to ask.

Israel does take care of her problems, and very well I may add. What makes you think that Israel is relying on the U.S for all of her problems?

I don't really think "remembering" a horrific event is necessarily an "obsession." No more so than remembering the Holocaust which occurred several decades prior the the USS Liberty event.

You all won't understand that the USS Liberty and the US Navy were in part at fault for the events of the USS Liberty.
No one remembers the USS Stark. People forget other tragedies like the USS Cole, US Embassy in Beirut twice and though some still remember the Marines in Beirut, the French are ignored or forgotten, so are the Israelis killed in the same way just a short time before.

Israel was not out to kill american, but the ship was not supposed to be there, navy claimed it had no ships in that neighborhood. At that point it could be any ship flying false colors in a war zone.

Only this one was flying a US flag that was shot to shit.

Any vessel can fly any flag that by itself proves nothing, it was a spy ship much like the ones the Russians used against the USA. So it could have been from any maritime nation flying a false flag, most marine flags are discrete and are flown from the stern.

By the venom that drips from your every word when you post about the Jewish people. What happens in the M.E does directly face the USA as your country relies on Arabic oil very heavily. Without Israel your country would have went down the pan years ago, as it is Israeli Jews that keep your defence industry working. All those weapons they buy contribute to a large defence workforce, so take away Israel and you will see many thousands unemployed. All your problems are internal and are caused by your fellow GREEDY AMERICANS, all wanting muscle cars that burn fuel like it is water. Your trailer park trash living the high life and finding that it has to be paid for. So how about the rest of the world turn round and say to YOU, get on with it as we are not going to fix your problems for you anymore, we are not going to take most of your debt and allow you to thumb your nose at our help anymore. Time to SINK OR SWIM, and we will support Israel and collect all those billions in defence dollars you don't want.

Now get your head out of your ass and see the reality

By the venom that drips from your every word when you post about the Jewish people. What happens in the M.E does directly face the USA as your country relies on Arabic oil very heavily. Without Israel your country would have went down the pan years ago, as it is Israeli Jews that keep your defence industry working. All those weapons they buy contribute to a large defence workforce, so take away Israel and you will see many thousands unemployed. All your problems are internal and are caused by your fellow GREEDY AMERICANS, all wanting muscle cars that burn fuel like it is water. Your trailer park trash living the high life and finding that it has to be paid for. So how about the rest of the world turn round and say to YOU, get on with it as we are not going to fix your problems for you anymore, we are not going to take most of your debt and allow you to thumb your nose at our help anymore. Time to SINK OR SWIM, and we will support Israel and collect all those billions in defence dollars you don't want.

You ungrateful piece of shit. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!

If not for the USA, you and your relatives and friends in Izrael would be dead. Dead as the salty sea.

So show some respect to your benefactor, who keeps you alive on a daily basis. Who defends you when you don't deserve it, who protects you when you haven't earned it, who ignores your crimes when you should be hauled in chains before The Hague.

Without the USA, Israel would be long gone. Show some love for your caring nation.

You ungrateful piece of shit. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!

If not for the USA, you and your relatives and friends in Izrael would be dead. Dead as the salty sea.

So show some respect to your benefactor, who keeps you alive on a daily basis. Who defends you when you don't deserve it, who protects you when you haven't earned it, who ignores your crimes when you should be hauled in chains before The Hague.

Without the USA, Israel would be long gone. Show some love for your caring nation.
Sagacious advice. Not.

Are there any websites that list all goods that are totally or partially made or grown in the West Bank?

Forum List

Back