BREAKING: Amazon is kicking Parler off AWS, its web hosting service, which will take them offline until it finds a new host

The fact that the social media is communist have been known from even before Trump. At this point if you haven't built your own entire system, it's on you. Bitching that evil is evil and pretending to act surprised is itself evil.

I moved out of these platforms a long time ago. Parler is also quite the joke. Ask for your phone number? Please...

Gab, Bitchute and Dlive are where it is at currently. Gab has its own server, so Amazon can go fuck itself. Reward the ones who played it right.

It's quite the irony that today, a Chinese company offers more free speech capabilities than an American one, but that is where we are at - and indeed will be going in the future. China is a decidedly not a leftist nation since they don't have democracy - the endless driver of leftism.

If social media is communist why are you here?

Yep, the purge is real.

They told us to "build our own facebook/twitter" if we didn't' like their rules. So we did, now they changed the goalposts and said "build your own everything."

Next they'll prevent us from using the fiber-optic cables.

View attachment 440604
Excellent. Shut down the platform used by Insurrectionists and similar disloyal un-American phukks.

The more you tighten your grip, the more slip through your fingers.

How is shutting Parler down not fascism.
Because the government isn’t doing it. Amazon doesn’t want to sell their product to Parler. I can hardly blame them.
LOL!! You can tell the difference between the democrats and their big money donors? I call bullshit. Who do you think is calling the shots?
Why do you think section 230 is still there? Another thread called shutting Parler down our "kristallnacht". There can be no more free speech, or free thought, only what is approved by the state. "Big Brother" is taking over all information. Glad you support that?!
section 230 is what allows you to post stuff on the internet.
Without it, you couldnt post anything because the service provider could be sued for what you post.
for AWS, they just dont want to be involved with facilitating terrorism or being an accessory to terrorism or insurrection.
I disagree with your assessment. Both Trump and Biden want 230 repealed.
[/QUOTE]
Yea but for very different reasons.

I see several issues...

Amazon is a private company so it can do what it likes, for one.

Are they and these other tech giants preventing people from setting up new host sites? Everything is so intertwined these days.

Should anyone be forced to host entities calling for/promoting insurgency and political overthrow in the name of free speech? Parler, apparently removed Lin Wood's posts calling for Pence to be executed. Good? Bad? When stuff like that gains enough of a following to push people to act, like we saw this past week, and we have a President openly supporting it...what then?
1. Parler said they will setup their own site, so we'll see if they can keep it running
2. Who is calling for an insurgency? The DC chant was "stop the steal", it was a protest about voter fraud.
3. If it was an insurgency they would have had guns instead of flags.
4. I agree that calls to violence need to be filtered out.t
5. Trump supported what? He called for "a peaceful transition", but wants voter fraud reduced in future elections.

The chant at the capitol was "hang Mike Pence" I guess you can call it stop the steal. They did chant that at trump's speech.
If some of the protesters crossed "the line" they deserve to be prosecuted. Most were peacefully protesting the election and voter fraud.
Yep. but to the left EVERYONE there was as crazy as Buffalo boy.

But not all the leftist rioters are the same.

The fact that the social media is communist have been known from even before Trump. At this point if you haven't built your own entire system, it's on you. Bitching that evil is evil and pretending to act surprised is itself evil.

I moved out of these platforms a long time ago. Parler is also quite the joke. Ask for your phone number? Please...

Gab, Bitchute and Dlive are where it is at currently. Gab has its own server, so Amazon can go fuck itself. Reward the ones who played it right.

It's quite the irony that today, a Chinese company offers more free speech capabilities than an American one, but that is where we are at - and indeed will be going in the future. China is a decidedly not a leftist nation since they don't have democracy - the endless driver of leftism.

If social media is communist why are you here?

Are you high on helium or is it just the soy? I am not talking about this forum, this is at least moderately American, only a few communists like you. The staff has maybe one communist mod who tries to push her agenda.

In general, the idea of controlling people is leftist, and controlling people by words even more leftist. It's not surprising that these platforms are mostly communist.

Last edited:
Wow. This is heavy. This is fascism. Thanks libs.
Wrong, this is a lie.

‘Fascism’ is a political dogma the sole purview of politicians and government in the context of the public sector.

Private entities cannot be ‘fascist’ because they’re not government and lack the authority of government.

This is the act of a private company doing what it believes to be best for business.

Such is the right’s hypocrisy: conservatives are supposed to be advocates of private sector autonomy and doing what’s best for business.
You just described the fascism that is happening right now. The democrat party, media, tech companies etc are all one in the same.

The thing about a huge sudden new improvement in human communication is that it turns out what people really want to talk about is how much they hate each other and want to kill each other. This is normal. At least, maybe some of you don't like that, but -- yeah, it's totally normal for the human species.
The human species having evolved a brain have decided killing each other isn't such a good idea. And our democracy has decided that it is not going to be overthrown without a fight.

That's what they're doing, according to him. Up in a week. I wonder if they will continue to be the site to use to organize the insurrection? Then what happens?

Well ----------- possibly an insurrection! The Sunday morning talk shows with very important talking heads are all talking about just that. Not "is this the edge," but "have we tipped over the edge." Wow, this happened fast.

But then, it only can happen fast.

I expect a pull back for a couple months and then another outrage and a big reaction; that's how the Civil War went. The seven states seceded FAST, but the North was so sure this was all nonsense and they'd come crawling back. And the South plainly did not want to fight; they just wanted to be left alone in their new country. Then came Bull Run and the North was so sure Federal troops would easily massacre the South's army because those types won't fight -- that congressmen and their families took picnic lunches there to watch it.

And had to gallop in terror back to Washington.

Perhaps you Insurrectionists can find a server to host you in China or Russia or Iran or North Korea... :auiqs.jpg:
We don’t need to go to China to be silenced when it’s happening right here dumbass. This is the kind of shit you would expect from China and your grand idea is if we don’t like it happening here we can go to China? How fucking stupid are you?

Free Speech Platform Gab Reports 753 Percent Increase in Traffic in 24 Hours
January 10, 2021 7:33, Last Updated: January 10, 2021 7:33
By Zachary Stieber

Social media platform Gab reported on Saturday a huge increase in traffic as users migrate from Twitter amid widespread bans.

“Our traffic is up 753% in the past 24 hours. Tens of millions of visits,” Gab said in a social media statement, responding to a user who said he wasn’t able to make an account.

“Please be patient, we aren’t going anywhere. Spinning up 10 new servers tonight. This takes time,” Gab added. The company also reported over 500,000 new users on Saturday.

I see several issues...

Are they and these other tech giants preventing people from setting up new host sites? Everything is so intertwined these days.

Should anyone be forced to host entities calling for/promoting insurgency and political overthrow in the name of free speech? Parler, apparently removed Lin Wood's posts calling for Pence to be executed. Good? Bad? When stuff like that gains enough of a following to push people to act, like we saw this past week, and we have a President openly supporting it...what then?
Funny how they are only doing it to Trump supporters.

Not exactly true - overall the social media giants have suspended/banned the accounts of a number of groups over the past few years. Right now, at this moment, it is certain Trump extremists who have openly called for and supported an attempted violent insurgency, and planned it on social media platforms. Should they have been left alone so they can have a re-do with more arms and competency? How is it any different than any other terrorist group?
when this mindset is applied to all equally, you have a point.

Holler when we do that vs make up bullshit emotional insurance excuses.

Holler when the left violently invades the capital with the open support and encouragement of the POTUS, in an attempt to overturn the results of an election. In the meantime, I'll take your relentless false moral equivalencies as a sign you have no clue as to the significance of this.

See what I mean? You people won't stop lying until you are forced to. You play little word games while corporations do everything they can to shut us down. We are all sick of it it. You scum started this and hope to hell you all rot.
every
single
situation

has some twist why them doing the very same damn thing is justified. demonized when others do it.

Quit making excuses for something that is inexcusable. Sometimes, it isn't a "both sides" moral equivalency. You can't acce[t that EVER, so you just attack the posters instead. You will never admit when your own side goes too far. And they did in this instance. Way way too far.
5ff71ee55c7f2.image.jpg90-3.jpeg960x0-2.jpg1610002365_untitled-design-4-e1610025853529.jpgcapitol-insurgency-trump-15.jpgCN2DLFYTLENZTB3RUTFHNVAGSM.aspx.jpeghttps---cdn.cnn.com-cnnnext-dam-assets-210106150417-03-house-chamber-0106.jpgimages-18.jpegmerlin_182069454_fd52bcc7-9884-4f84-a95d-fbae224e6d97-superJumbo.jpg8a106a5095910eef2de38e22ca8121b8.jpg

37783302-9127971-image-m-12_1610147895712.jpg
ErVlCXmXEAAmSd5.jpg

I was born in the USSR and have lived for some time under a totalitarian communist regime with one party and only one government media. Then I lived in Russia for a long time and saw how Putin has usurped power from the very beginning. And at first, his steps were to take control of all more or less significant media in Russia. It looks like something like this is happening in the US right now.
But in Russia this was not enough, and Putin has changed many rules in the electoral system, for example, canceled the election of governors. So guys be careful.

I guess since you lived in Russia you don't understand that business and government aren't the same thing here in the United States.

Amazon isn't the government. So the government doesn't have anything to do with what Amazon has done.

Amazon probably did it to not be held responsible for allowing parler to be on their platform with all the treason, terrorism and conspiring to overthrow our legally elected government and kill our Vice President.

Amazon has TOS rules. Parler agreed to comply by those rules. Parler violated their agreement with Amazon so Amazon terminated their service with parler.

If you live here in America you need to understand that private business isn't the government. When you insist they are you make a total fool of yourself to everyone who has more than two working brain cells.

You're right everyone on parler is not posting illegal activity and Apple gave them the chance to moderate and clean things up and they didn't.

The POINT of Parler is free speech without censorship, which is what you mean by moderation. I'm okay with free speech --- even if by Muslims, BLMs, antifa's ----- and Trumpists. I'd draw the line at live-streaming crimes, but not much more.

Consider, people: the really important thing about free speech is that then you know what people are actually thinking. We haven't had much free speech for too long, and so all the polls are worthless: people won't say what they think under the oppressive conditions we have been suffering. So then no one knows what people think and things like the Battle of Capitol Hill come out of nowhere, seemingly.

Communists can not allow free speech. Lies are all they have, those do not stand free speech.

Not exactly true - overall the social media giants have suspended/banned the accounts of a number of groups over the past few years. Right now, at this moment, it is certain Trump extremists who have openly called for and supported an attempted violent insurgency, and planned it on social media platforms. Should they have been left alone so they can have a re-do with more arms and competency? How is it any different than any other terrorist group?

This is a thoughtful post, IMO, and it is THE question right now.

I do not yet know what side I'm on. I guess one issue is, how much of the body politic wants a revolution. It is not a terrorist group, after all, if it's a majority. It might be the winning side; in fact, in my heart I hope so.

Though I am aware that war is never so much fun as it looks like it will be beforehand.

I'm on the side of our democratic institutions - we've up held them for more than two centuries and they've seen us through even worse times. To discard them now...well, I don't know what to say. Too many people today (imo, and including myself) lack the farsightedness, education, and self-restraint that the people who developed our Constitution had. To enact a revolution over losing an election, based on false conspiracy theories would be the worst reason for a revolution. Do you trust anyone to create a better Constitution? I don't.
Then grant people the freedom of speech in the constitution and stop trying to present alternative thought as evil to justify your inability to control your emotions.
You have freedom of speech. What you don't have is the freedom to shout it from someone else's front porch.

Good analogy. Cult45 won't get it.

Wow. This is heavy. This is fascism. Thanks libs.
Not fascism. Common sense.
How is shutting Parler down not fascism.
Its blatant censorship, while still allowing China, Iran, and the other crazies around the world their anti-American speech?!
Parler is now a national treasure that will be supported by many of the 71m...
You used it to plot insurrection. That's a crime. They should be shut down with prejudice and all their user data should be confiscated.
They used it to protest a corrupt government stealing an election......

You call it protest. They call it insurrection.
At most it was civil disobedience. And fully justified.

To quote what another member said - civil disobedience ends the moment you lay hands on a police officer (or imo - anyone).
When lying criminal scum won't stop then extreme violence is all that is left. You can even see that's true when cops are chasing a killer who is shooting at them and he won't give up. What happens then? Do they send him a text message to come out with his hands up or do they kill him?

So...you are justifying rioting? That's it? You ok with all the riots this past year?

I see several issues...

Holler when the left violently invades the capital with the open support and encouragement of the POTUS, in an attempt to overturn the results of an election. In the meantime, I'll take your relentless false moral equivalencies as a sign you have no clue as to the significance of this.

See what I mean? You people won't stop lying until you are forced to. You play little word games while corporations do everything they can to shut us down. We are all sick of it it. You scum started this and hope to hell you all rot.
every
single
situation

has some twist why them doing the very same damn thing is justified. demonized when others do it.

Quit making excuses for something that is inexcusable. Sometimes, it isn't a "both sides" moral equivalency. You can't acce[t that EVER, so you just attack the posters instead. You will never admit when your own side goes too far. And they did in this instance. Way way too far.
View attachment 440632View attachment 440633View attachment 440634View attachment 440635View attachment 440636View attachment 440637View attachment 440638View attachment 440639View attachment 440640View attachment 440641

View attachment 440643View attachment 440644

Did you condemn Pelosi and Harris for the encouraging rioting?

I can't recall that, can we read the posts somewhere?

Not that Trump had anything to do with occupying the house. But it sure is funny seeing these idiots supposedly so angry about taking over the building - when the leftists took over an entire city block for days and days. And you had no problem with it whatsoever - admittedly I did not have problem with that either, as I don't with the current protests.

I see several issues...

every
single
situation

View attachment 440632View attachment 440633View attachment 440634View attachment 440635View attachment 440636View attachment 440637View attachment 440638View attachment 440639View attachment 440640View attachment 440641

View attachment 440643View attachment 440644

Did you condemn Pelosi and Harris for the encouraging rioting?

I can't recall that, can we read the posts somewhere?

Not that Trump had anything to do with occupying the house. But it sure is funny seeing these idiots supposedly so angry about taking over the building - when the leftists took over an entire city block for days and days. And you had no problem with it whatsoever - admittedly I did not have problem with that either, as I don't with the current protests.

Where did Pelosi and Harris encourage rioting?

Forum List

Back