BREAKING: CNN admit Paul Manafort was wiretapped

I find it interesting that at about the same time Loretta Lynch met with Bill Clinton, she issued (along with Comey) the order to reinstate surveillance vs Manafort.

Do either of them sit on the FISA court?
No. But I believe has to be approved by justice department officials.

It does? What makes you say that? FBI doesn't conduct its own counter-intelligence operations?

Besides, no matter who approves it, FISA court has to issue a warrant.
I think I read it in the CNN report somewhere. But still - Comey < Lynch < Obama. Approval = knowledge. Bill got that knowledge from Lynch. I'm sure they weren't discussing pastry frostings on the tarmac that day.
Please don't take as fact. I'm just spitballing my own theory of what could have taken place.

??? How did Bill Clinton, who would have been discussing his wife's case if anything, make it into this conversation?

The CNN report mentions that there is nothing of substance to the conversations.

The judge ordered not only a wiretap but permitted the Feds to break into Manafort's home because there was strong evidence" a crime was committed and it would be likely he'd try to destroy necessary evidence."
They got his computers and other valuable papers. No telling what incriminates Trump.
The judge wouldn't have gone along with this w/o the seriousness of the issues.
So stick that Obama hate right up your ass.
Another big part of this story is that Trump continued to communicate with Manafort after he was fired.
Plus prosecutors have told Manafort he will be indicted. ( breaking news tonite)
Mueller is moving quickly now and all roads lead to the Trump Crime family.
Destroy evidence? You mean like Billary and Huma.

I find it interesting that at about the same time Loretta Lynch met with Bill Clinton, she issued (along with Comey) the order to reinstate surveillance vs Manafort.

It does? What makes you say that? FBI doesn't conduct its own counter-intelligence operations?

I think I read it in the CNN report somewhere. But still - Comey < Lynch < Obama. Approval = knowledge. Bill got that knowledge from Lynch. I'm sure they weren't discussing pastry frostings on the tarmac that day.
Please don't take as fact. I'm just spitballing my own theory of what could have taken place.

??? How did Bill Clinton, who would have been discussing his wife's case if anything, make it into this conversation?
????? Seriously? Don't be stupid.

????? Seriously? Don't be stupid.

Yea seriously, I don't understand what you are saying and how you got Bill Clinton into this.

theHawk, post: 18173117
It doesn't matter if FISA allowed it, it still makes President Trump correct, his team was wiretapped.

No Trump specifically said Obama had himself wiretapped.

That is not true according to:

US Justice Department says no evidence Trump was wiretapped by Obama
CNBC › 2017/09/03 › us-justice...
Sep 3, 2017 - The U.S. DOJ said it had no evidence to support the unsubstantiated claim made in March by Trump that Barack ...

So Trump is still a liar and you are living in a dream world.

'my' relative to POTUS comments, mean his facility.

Once again, Mr Trump is right and already has done more in restoring America to pre-Obama stature. There still is much to do to erase the Obama years of destruction.

Obama was like Irma and Harvey in terms of damage to our country

-Geaux

that is pretty criminal
Not to Democrats.
Democrats commit crimes all of the time.
This is just another example of it.
The problem we're dealing with is greedy Republicans taking bribes from Democrats.

Donald Trump will likely issue a presidential pardon of Paul Manafort.
Maybe, but it would be the most stupid, self-sabotaging thing a president ever did.
This is becoming the most embarrassing line of attack the democrats could possibly have come up with.

Obie never witetapped Trump. But he did. And the result of that is nothing but exposing the Dems as liars and criminals.

This isn't good news for you.

Obama didn't wiretap Trump.

Repeating the same lie, over and over, isn't really going to help you.

This charade is all they have. The realization that the allegations against the Trump team are not only valid but actionable has them scrambling to erect a firewall of shabby recriminations in an attempt to save face.

Remember those days when you called liberals a bunch of terrorist sympathizers because they did not like the shaky legal grounds that made the FISA courts the final say on the legality of any given surveillance? This is entirely legal because FISA said so. Don't like it? We told you so years ago when all you could do is kiss Bush ass.
The problem with your thought process here is the the warrants were granted on the basis of the fake trump dossier, the fisa court judges were mislead and got scammed, so the wiretaps were technically illegal. I know you just forgot to say that.
The FISA warrant described in the CNN article was issued in 2014. What does that have to do with Trump? Who was misled and about what?

Nice vetting by the Trump team. No one forced them to align themselves with some of the most damaged and nefarious characters that were available. Obama even warned Trump to stay away from Flynn.

By the Justice Department and the FBI, not the administration.

Too funny.

The Department of Justice is a department of the Executive branch ie: the administration. The FBI answers to the Justice Department.
You better tell Trump then because he's unaware that the Department of Justice and the FBI are part of his administration.

Executive Office of the President

President Donald J. Trump
Vice President Mike Pence
The Cabinet
Council of Economic Advisers
Council on Environmental Quality
Office of Management and Budget
Office of National Drug Control Policy
Office of Science and Technology Policy
Executive Residence
National Security Council
Office of Administration
Office of the Vice President
Office of the United States Trade Representative
White House Office
President's Intelligence Advisory Board

The United States Department of Justice (DOJ), also known as the Justice Department, is a federal executive department of the U.S. government, responsible for the enforcement of the law and administration of justice in the United States, equivalent to the justice or interior ministries of other countries.
- Wikipedia
The president does not have the authority to make the AG or any agency follow clearly unlawful orders. After Nixon it is considered very bad form for the president to even talk to the AG as Justice is expected to be independent and nonpolitical in spite of it being in the executive branch. You can imagine all sorts of nefarious things but AGs are experts at covering their ass and none of them are going to prison for the president no matter the party.
He never thought Trump would win so he figured bugging somebody in Trump campaign would be o.k.

He never thought Trump would win so he figured bugging somebody in Trump campaign would be o.k.

That's brilliant logic there. So, Obama created a criminal conspiracy in an attempt to hamstring a candidate that he thought would never win?

:cuckoo:

Remembering when that was crazy talk?

Trump's wiretapping accusation comes to a head at Comey hearing - CNNPolitics

(CNN)The bizarre saga of President Donald Trump's claims that he was wiretapped by President Barack Obama last year reaches a dramatic climax Monday with FBI Director James Comey's testimony to the House Intelligence Committee.

It's a moment of political theater that could end in humiliation for Trump, with Comey expected to say that there was no wiretapping, debunking allegations that Trump has repeatedly refused to withdraw.

Remember those days when you called liberals a bunch of terrorist sympathizers because they did not like the shaky legal grounds that made the FISA courts the final say on the legality of any given surveillance? This is entirely legal because FISA said so. Don't like it? We told you so years ago when all you could do is kiss Bush ass.
except FISA has said obama's activities were illegal.

at that point the liberals just said FISA doesn't know anything - hush!

FISA Court Finds "Serious Fourth Amendment Issue" In Obama's "Widespread" Illegal Searches Of American Citizens | Zero Hedge

so which is it? time to cherry pick what you want and discredit what you don't?

obama did it. a lot.
it was wrong. a lot wrong.

what if bush had done this to obama before and after the election? would you still be so defensive of bush? better yet, what if trump did something like this? i bet you'd shit yourself in anger.

but when your side does it, it's for a good cause we just don't get. right?

"Is it legal for a sitting President to be "wire tapping" a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!" - Trump in March

Two words. Probable cause.
bullshit.

so far russia has turned up not a damn thing and the last hope is $100k on facebook.

i've spend about $1k on facebook advertising over the years, it's worthless. as for "fake stories" - it's the rage and all are doing it. to get mad at the other side is stupid and won't bring it to an end. facebook should screen shit more carefully because i also get tired of all the liberal crap they throw down.

FISA Court Finds "Serious Fourth Amendment Issue" In Obama's "Widespread" Illegal Searches Of American Citizens | Zero Hedge

tell FISA it's legal. their job to know. so unless you can whip out better credentials than the people who are in charge of this shit, shit is *all* you got.

this "probable cause" thing you point to is also the fake dossier they put together to get it. which is also illegal and will get them in deeper shit. so unless you got something else, you're lookin the fool dancing for your boy.

how long ago did judge napalitano say this all happened? oh yea, you laughed then and now you're defensive. feel like you're going the wrong way?

The LAST thing Barry ever cared about is FISA, as evident by his illegally spying on Americans, spying on the Senate, spying on the US Supreme Court...

After 1st lying under oath, Clapper was allowed to re-testify and he admitted that the Obama administration was illegally spying on the American people.

Similarly it was discovered Brennan had also lied, that they were illegally spying...

The Constitution and law meant nothing to Obama, as evident by not only all that but also illegally using the IRS as his own personal political weapon weapon against citizens who opposed Obama's re-election.

You think someone who does that adheres to the law? Really?
Looks like you forgot the time Bush shoved Bin Ladin in your face and you meekly consented to mass domestic surveillance.

Also if your man was not neck deep in Russia their suspicious communications with high ranking Russians would not be a problem. At some point someone brought some sort of evidence before the FISA court and it was enough that Judges, not Obama, said go ahead. You seem to not even be aware that the president cannot just order wiretapping.
Forget UBL?

UBL is irrelevant in regards to Obama's continuous violations of both Constitution and Law by illegally spying on Americans, reporters, the US Senate, and the USSC...
Do you actually think that this article validates any of that unsubstantiated conspiracy theory bullshit? This passed through legal channels, why are you not interested in the evidence presented in court that made FISA say go ahead? I for one am very curious.
Bullshit? So tell me snowflake, during which testimony was Clapper lying under oath, when he said Obama was not illegally spying on Americans or when he testified Obama was?

funny he points to *those* legal channels, or FISA, who has already said months ago it was criminal. lob in made up evidence to get the ability to conduct your surveillance, we got illegal activity. yes we do.

now if only we'd prosecute that these days.

Forum List

Back