BREAKING: E-mails Show Lois Lerner Intentionally Sought to Hide Information from Cong

BlindBoo....Siete....ClosedCaption......Care4All...

Why will none of you address these questions above? I have asked them several times over the past several weeks in multiple threads but no one will respond.

Why?

Can you truly say that such is not a bit strange? What did we pay that investigator?

Should the President have accepted her findings as fact?

You already know the answer.
Dems are lying scum. They don't really care if Democratic Senators pressured the IRS into suppressing conservative groups. Hell, they'd welcome that. That's their team kicking ass. That's all that matters to them.

While few are defending the Internal Revenue Service for targeting dozens of conservative groups, there are two critical pieces of context missing from the conventional wisdom on the “scandal.” First, at least from what we know so far, the groups were not targeted in a political vendetta — but rather were executing a makeshift enforcement test (an ugly one, mind you) for IRS employees tasked with separating political groups not allowed to claim tax-exempt status, from bona fide social welfare organizations. Employees are given almost zero official guidance on how to do that, so they went after Tea Party groups because those seemed like they might be political. Keep in mind, the commissioner of the IRS at the time was a Bush appointee.

The second is that while this is the first time this kind of thing has become a national scandal, it’s not the first time such activity has occurred.

“I wish there was more GOP interest when I raised the same issue during the Bush administration, where they audited a progressive church in my district in what look liked a very selective way,” California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff said on MSNBC Monday. “I found only one Republican, [North Carolina Rep. Walter Jones], that would join me in calling for an investigation during the Bush administration. I’m glad now that the GOP has found interest in this issue and it ought to be a bipartisan concern.”

The well-known church, All Saints Episcopal in Pasadena, became a bit of a cause célèbre on the left after the IRS threatened to revoke the church’s tax-exempt status over an anti-Iraq War sermon the Sunday before the 2004 election. “Jesus [would say], ‘Mr. President, your doctrine of preemptive war is a failed doctrine,’” rector George Regas said from the dais.

When the IRS targeted liberals - Salon.com

Thats utter bullshit.
On the first, we have Lerner saying she was under tremendous pressure to do something in the wake of Citizens United. Second we know they used criteria like having the name Tea Party in their name. Now, if they wanted to target conservative groups they could not do better than create criteria just like the ones they did.
As for the second point, it is totally removed from what we are talking about. The church already had tax exempt status, the groups in question did not but were applying. Second, the church was engaged in political activity, which violated their exempt status rules. Bushs administration also started aftr the NAACP for exactly the same reason.
So your deflection is noted and refuted.
Now, why will you not answer Jarhead's questions?

Siete is admittedly a Rachel Maddow fan.

He has no idea what is really going on out there.

Daft, as always.

I understand.

Just didn't think you wanted to be that way on this topic.

Nice diversion from making an ass of yourself.

I didn't make an ass of myself, those ignorant on the subject did.

*The law doesn't require ALL emails be printed and imaged, only those which fall under the definition of "Federal Record" which the IRS as precedent (I know, that doesn't matter to you) has only always followed loosely.

The B part of the equation is that she did print and image many emails.

So, go fuck yourself and stop whining for your 1, 566th time that "the president" said there's no corruption. It's a lil' whine fest, the guy was standing by his agency and most can understand but Anything to whine about the prezzz. Anything. Even if it's your millionth time whining of the same fucking comment. Sanctimony is so phony it jumps off the screen.

I dont know whether your posts stem from stupidity, ignorance, or delusion. But you are completely wrong, Jarhead is right. He even quoted the statute and regs.

Still no answer care4all and blindboo....

GT in his utter foolishness said the president claimed there was not a smidgen of corruption in the IRS because he was protecting one of his agencies....or something like that...

You know...the man that was "outraged and wants to get to the bottom of it" was protecting one of his agencies.

That's not an answer.

That's a failed "trainer" without a job making silly excuses.

I understand.

Just didn't think you wanted to be that way on this topic.

Nice diversion from making an ass of yourself.

*The law doesn't require ALL emails be printed and imaged, only those which fall under the definition of "Federal Record" which the IRS as precedent (I know, that doesn't matter to you) has only always followed loosely.

So, go fuck yourself and stop whining for your 1, 566th time that "the president" said there's no corruption. It's a lil' whine fest, the guy was standing by his agency and most can understand but Anything to whine about the prezzz. Anything. Even if it's your millionth time whining of the same fucking comment. Sanctimony is so phony it jumps off the screen.

I dont know whether your posts stem from stupidity, ignorance, or delusion. But you are completely wrong, Jarhead is right. He even quoted the statute and regs.

The failed t5rainer is referring to the definition of "emails that fall under the guise of the Federal Records Act"

What the failed trainer does not realize is that includes ALL emails that are received and sent while conducting agency business.

I will answer your question if I knew it.

But I noticed you AGAIN diverted from answering mine....that 3 times Boo....three times you have responded by not answering.

Go ahead....ask your question...I will answer.

It's not up to you to answer. You didn't distort the "Facts". See post 353, 360 and 385. And frankly I only had to check out the first so called 'fact' before I found a distortion.

OK....but you still will not answer my questions.

Why?

Not enough time to research the questions or the answers. Whereas I know why some folks like to distort facts, change a word or two from a quote to make the quote sound more damning than it is.

The failed t5rainer is referring to the definition of "emails that fall under the guise of the Federal Records Act"

What the failed trainer does not realize is that includes ALL emails that are received and sent while conducting agency business.

I am an accountant and have held the same position for close to ten years, and also enjoy the luxury of working from home.

How much do you think you know, creep? Keep going......

I can't find a law Requiring emails be backed up with paper ... in fact, a law requiring paper reduction was passed in 1996... maybe someone who is retired with plenty of time on their hands can find that law somewhere in this ...

Federal Laws, Policy & Regulations

OR they can accept the word of The Daily Caller .

What I find funny is you could not find it....yet it was quite easy to find ON THE IRS WEBSITE....

And then you criticize me for stating something that is inaccurate.

You are an ass. Go have fun with GT. Neither of you are worthy of my time.

I posted the link and now you're running... typical RW'er

approached with facts, lace up Nikes and haul.

Adios muchacha
You misspelled leftwinger.
I dont think you're a trainer at all. I suspect you clean bars. Thats assuming you actually have a job.

What I find funny is you could not find it....yet it was quite easy to find ON THE IRS WEBSITE....

And then you criticize me for stating something that is inaccurate.

You are an ass. Go have fun with GT. Neither of you are worthy of my time.

Adios muchacha
I dont think you're a trainer at all. I suspect you clean bars. Thats assuming you actually have a job.

Siete is a trainer too, now. :lol:

These fantasies

I do feel it's unfair that these retards received false information.

'Cuz I do personal train some ppl on the side

:lol:

Adios muchacha

Siete is a trainer too, now. :lol:

These fantasies

I thought you had to be smart to be an accountant. Guess not.

It's not up to you to answer. You didn't distort the "Facts". See post 353, 360 and 385. And frankly I only had to check out the first so called 'fact' before I found a distortion.

OK....but you still will not answer my questions.

Why?

Not enough time to research the questions or the answers. Whereas I know why some folks like to distort facts, change a word or two from a quote to make the quote sound more damning than it is.

that's 4 times. I did not misquote anyone.

Simple questions....

First facts:

1) President Obama, during an interview, said that there is not a smidgen of corruption in the IRS. Obviously, he based that on the report from the investigator he assigned who told him no crimes were committed and no criminal charges will be filed.

2) The investigator did not have access to any emails to or from Lois lerner for the 2 years in question. We know she did not have access to those emails because those emails were lost.

So let me ask you this.....

If your banker stole all of your money...and the investigator into the alleged crime came back to you and told you that no crime was committed. Would you consider it a fair investigation if you found out that the investigator did not review any of the data or paper records as it pertained to the bankers activity on your account?

I am sure your answer will be no.

So then why did the President feel it was a fair investigation as it pertained to the complaint of American Citizens?

Last edited:
Sheesh, the law does NOT require IRS employees to print all of their emails...

It says that emails involved in what would be considered federal records and federal cases need to be printed and basically filed with the Case.

It distinguishes what is a federal record email etc....

Emails as Possible Federal Records

1. All federal employees and federal contractors are required by law to preserve records containing adequate and proper documentation of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and essential transactions of the agency. Records must be properly stored and preserved, available for retrieval and subject to appropriate approved disposition schedules.

It goes in to it more and also gives another link to clarify it even further, but emails are basically not federal records merely because it is email between irs employees etc.....email is a federal record when it involves a documented federal case that they are handling.

so, once again, if Learner did make copies of emails that were federal records, but just not all of their emails, then it appears she was following the rules and regs of the IRS and this speculating and accusations of the right wing, is once again, falling apart....

Watch us go through months and years of all of these hyped up accusations to only find out, a handful of employees took a short cut to finding groups to audit for legitimacy by picking ones with party" in their names.....

Still wrong, but not as sinister or criminal, as this has been made out to be....

I think people are being lured in to this song and a dance performance of these congress critter so easily, because they WANT to believe it is EVIL involved with Obama, at this point....

prove otherwise, that there is some preplanned criminal guilt of some sort all the way up to the White house, and I will be right with ya, but at this point or until that point....I'll stand back and watch as it appears fools are being made.

It says that emails involved in what would be considered federal records and federal cases need to be printed and basically filed with the Case.

1. All federal employees and federal contractors are required by law to preserve records containing adequate and proper documentation of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and essential transactions of the agency. Records must be properly stored and preserved, available for retrieval and subject to appropriate approved disposition schedules.

It goes in to it more and also gives another link to clarify it even further, but emails are basically not federal records merely because it is email between irs employees etc.....email is a federal record when it involves a documented federal case that they are handling.

so, once again, if Learner did make copies of emails that were federal records, but just not all of their emails, then it appears she was following the rules and regs of the IRS and this speculating and accusations of the right wing, is once again, falling apart....

Watch us go through months and years of all of these hyped up accusations to only find out, a handful of employees took a short cut to finding groups to audit for legitimacy by picking ones with party" in their names.....

Still wrong, but not as sinister or criminal, as this has been made out to be....

I think people are being lured in to this song and a dance performance of these congress critter so easily, because they WANT to believe it is EVIL involved with Obama, at this point....

prove otherwise, that there is some preplanned criminal guilt of some sort all the way up to the White house, and I will be right with ya, but at this point or until that point....I'll stand back and watch as it appears fools are being made.

Care4All...

From the IRS website....

1.All federal employees and federal contractors are required by law to preserve records containing adequate and proper documentation of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and essential transactions of the agency. Records must be properly stored and preserved, available for retrieval and subject to appropriate approved disposition schedules.

2.The Federal Records Act applies to email records just as it does to records you create using other media. Emails are records when they are:

•Created or received in the transaction of agency business

•Appropriate for preservation as evidence of the government’s function and activities, or

•Valuable because of the information they contain

Now....whether you want to admit it or not....emails regarding the status of an organization is deemed as agency business.

Also....see that word OR that I highlighted?

That means it must meet one of those three items.

The fact that you are obviously reading this information through a jaded lens speaks volumes care4all.

care4all...

no one cares that she did not save her emails regarding her lunch plans with her friend Betty Sue.

We care that she does not have paper records of emails regarding the groups that are complaining that they felt they were treated unfairly.

Why would you think we care about her lunch plans?

To divert from what we do care about?

All emails regarding this case all the way back to 2010 should have been saved as evidence. So even discounting the most current cases the IRS was breaking the law back in 2010 as they are required to save all evidence during an investigation.

Are Jewish Non-Profits Targeted by IRS Over Ties to Israel? ? Forward.com

lmao...

and GT thanked you for your post. That's a laugh. He didn't even bother to try to understand it.

He simply deemed it as "all is good. Obama is king"

Care4all...you are better than that. GT is a loser. You are not in his class.

But you?

I know you know better.

care4all...

no one cares that she did not save her emails regarding her lunch plans with her friend Betty Sue.

We care that she does not have paper records of emails regarding the groups that are complaining that they felt they were treated unfairly.

Why would you think we care about her lunch plans?

To divert from what we do care about?

Fergetit. They will dissemble, willfully misread, obfuscate--anything but answer your questions. Sometimes I suspect they really cannot read and understand a simple paragraph. I remember one poster here who was scandalized that some column criticized Obama for spending time with his family. After many pages I realized that she saw "Obama" "family" and some criticism and just assumed that's what the author said. IT was completely wrong, of course. So here too Care cannot read the simple reg and understand it correctly.

All emails regarding this case all the way back to 2010 should have been saved as evidence. So even discounting the most current cases the IRS was breaking the law back in 2010 as they are required to save all evidence during an investigation.

Are Jewish Non-Profits Targeted by IRS Over Ties to Israel? ? Forward.com

That in itself is a story that has not even hit fox news yet....My attorney told me about that earlier this week.

Seems the IRS has a lot to explain.

but they wont.

Because there is not a smidgen of corruption in the IRS.

Forum List

Back