Breaking: Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas ... 7 confirmed dead

Yeah, go ahead and use Qutb to prove how tolerant and pluralistic Islam is.

That's not what I'm doing at all. You said that there was no significant disagreement between Islamic schools of thought concerning jihad. I pointed out that Qutb dedicated a significant portion of Ma'alim fi-l-Tariq to criticizing a school of thought whose opinion of jihad he disliked.
Yeah, I doubt he would have cared for you much

Nope.

Kalem, of all that post Kalem knows the least of Islam, Kalem has his nose stuck up the Koran so far Kalem has never bothered to read the unbiased western accounts of Islamic history.
I prefer reading from the source. I find ahadith more useful for understanding early Islamic history than works by orientalists, but that's just me.

Even in this thread Kalem must demonize the dead, I dont care how you reword things kalem, it was pretty low to state that the victims "were not personally guilty of rape". Those murdered were collectively guilty
Collective guilt is not an Islamic concept. Their choice to serve in the military does not make them criminals because the military per se isn't attempting to wage war against Islam or purposefully kill civilians. You may find this fatwa relevant to our discussion:

Qaradawi et al. fatwa

All secular, imagine that.

What is/are all secular?
US Judges. US juries. US executioners. It's those damn secular principles our Founders set forth and The People expect.

Not all of them. Come down here for a while and you'll find that some people -- not most, but some -- are very strongly in favor of instituting laws based on Christianity.

Our government, for most of its history, has been secular in name only. What with laws forbidding the teaching of evolution, laws prohibiting the sale of certain goods on Sundays that persist to this day, laws forbidding homosexual marriage, amendments prohibiting "the manufacture, sale, or transportation of intoxicating liquors," etc., it's inaccurate to say that we're all secular.

Dude that did this shooting is currently still alive. Kalem what is the correct penalty for this dude under sharia Law?

Dude that did this shooting is currently still alive. Kalem what is the correct penalty for this dude under sharia Law?

murder is punishable by death, i believe, under sharia law.

as it is under the uniform code of military justice, and the laws of the state of texas.

is there a problem?

For a murderer? Death, assuming that he is not granted clemency by the victims' families. I will obviously defer to the judgment of our court system, however, and hope that they'll make the right choice.

The main stream media will drum this up as crazy person and not Islamofacism, specifally to appease Muslims in general. The usually suspects (Shogun and Dogshit) will call me a bigot, but can you really say with a straight face that his Islamic beliefs took no part in his motivation to kill American soldiers in cold-blood?

Shogun and Dogshit, who you crappin?

13 dead, 30 wounded in shootings at Fort Hood - Crime & courts- msnbc.com
NBC News’ Pete Williams reported that U.S. officials identified the gunman as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, an Army psychiatrist who had been promoted to major in May. A defense official told NBC News that Hasan arrived at Fort Hood in July for his first assignment after completing his psychiatry residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, followed by a fellowship in disaster and preventive psychiatry.

Appeasing Islamofacism only breeds more attacks!

I won't call you a bigot - just misguided. This behaviour isn't uncommon. Think of other instances where it has happened but not in the circumstances we've seen here. In this case it's possible that the pressures on the suspect were his religion, his cultural background, his fear of being posted to a war zone, I'm guessing. But this behaviour, where pressures build up on an individual who snaps and begins to kill, isn't unknown. Sadly it happens all too often. Google Martin Bryant - Port Arthur Shootings and you'll see what I mean.

30 minutes ago Maj Hasan was the primary shooter. now that he is alive instead of dead he is the alleged shooter.

I hate fucking PC bull shit.

There is nothing alleged about it.

It's necessary to comply with the presumption of innocence. Until the jury says "guilty" it's all up in the air. Sometimes it seems ridiculous but it's necessary in a legal system that relies very heavily on proper procedure.

I read the whole thread, tough read. It was intereesting for me, hours and hours after the thread was created, to read it in one sitting. So many themes in it, so many varying points. But unless the mods have been in to carve out the bad bits, it was surprisingly civil, given the terrible events being discussed.

I hope you understand me when I say I don't think it's necessary for me to express how I feel for the families of the deceased and for the survivors of this terrible event.

Tragic.

12 dead I hear.

Some of them killed perhaps by friendly fire, too.
\

None of what is said is actual proof. I'll wait for the officials to complete their investigations.

There are simply to many unknowns and what ifs yet to pass any judgment.

And you also have to know there will be a paper version and there will be another version.
What part of an interview with the shooters brother, where the shooters brother said this, do you not understand?

Which "version" does that belong in?
The article I read said the family has refused to speak to the press.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like this was one seriously fucked up individual and it had nothing to do with religion.

Forum List

Back