BREAKING: Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

A senior senator having OPEN conversations with an ambassador == nothing wrong. What's wrong with YOU where it think THAT is a conflict of interest?

So, you don't mind that he lied to Congress about it?

He did not intentionally misrepresent the facts. He was asked about "collusion between the CAMPAIGN and the Russians" There was no "collusion" that he was aware of. And any "contact" he might have had -- was NO SECRET and NOT collusion.

He should UNrecuse himself and let the War begin... Like the Dems would do if they were in this position of being hounded on innuendo and stuff that "Lahkota doesn't know"..

During Watergate, Republicans were on the right side of history.

There is no side to be on here. And the history being made is the DEMISE of both corrupt party dynasties.

I'm on the KILL the GOP/DNC side.. That's what side I'm taking. Because they are killing my country with their power tripping and incompetency.

It's my country too - and I'm on the Democratic side. I used to vote mostly Republican - until the GOP became pure evil.

Sure you did. A guy who would defend Pol Pot voting Republican? Yeah, that happens every day.

I don't think I've ever seen so many stories on one administration based entirely on "people familiar with the case", "sources in the White House", and "White House officials".

This is essentially happening hourly now.

I've been saying it for over eight years now: Get back to me when the indictments are handed down. This shit is just noise for partisans, catnip for crazies.

Then you have no memory of Watergate. The great guessing game at the time was trying to figure out who Deep Throat, the ultimate unnamed source was. That secret only came out recently.

Good sources are never named but their Intel is also verified by other sources before publication. That's the rule of GOOD journalism.

I don't think I've ever seen so many stories on one administration based entirely on "people familiar with the case", "sources in the White House", and "White House officials".

I've been saying it for over eight years now: Get back to me when the indictments are handed down. This shit is just noise for partisans, catnip for crazies.

Then you have no memory of Watergate. The great guessing game at the time was trying to figure out who Deep Throat, the ultimate unnamed source was. That secret only came out recently.

Good sources are never named but their Intel is also verified by other sources before publication. That's the rule of GOOD journalism.

Amen! Thank you! Deep Throat was special. R.I.P., Mark Felt.

Deep Throat (Watergate) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

The fact that one anonymous source happened to be telling the truth doesn't prove they all tell the truth, or that they all even exist.

What you did here is demonstrate your inability to commit logic.

So, who is this White House "insider"...? Could it be Kushner?

I will go with you on that one- Jared Kushner (Trump's son in law). There were 4 Trump aids that were in contact with the Russians during the campaign season and Jerad Kushner's name comes up a lot.

Carter Page, General Flynn, Paul Manafort also. There is a lot more to come out on this. Flynn may be spilling the beans right now, as he has got a lot to lose, and grand jury supeona's were sent out on him last week His lawyers asked for immunity from prosecution, stating he has a story to tell--and he very well may be telling it now.
Michael Flynn targeted by grand jury subpoenas, sources confirm
Michael Flynn asked for immunity. Senate Intelligence turned him down.
Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign - CNNPolitics.com

This has now turned into a Criminal Investigation--according to Lindsey Graham--meaning there's something they've found.

"Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham on Thursday said it’s clear that after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein briefed the Senate on the investigation into Russian involvement in the presidential election that it has become a criminal probe.

“The shock to the body is that this is now a criminal investigation,” Graham (R-SC) told reporters moments after he exited the Senate chamber.

He said now that it has become a criminal investigation instead of an counterintelligence probe Congress may be impeded in carrying out its own examinations.

“You’ve got a special counsel who has prosecutorial powers now, and I think we in Congress have to be very careful not to interfere,” Graham said. “Public access to this is probably going to be very limited now. It’s going to really limit what the public will know about this.”

http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/lindsey-graham-russia-probe-now-a-criminal-investigation/

Last edited:

I will go with you on that one- Jared Kushner (Trump's son in law). There were 4 Trump aids that were in contact with the Russians during the campaign season and Jerad Kushner's name comes up a lot.

Carter Page, General Flynn, Paul Manfort also. There is a lot more to come out on this. Flynn may be spilling the beans right now, as he has got a lot to lose, and grand jury supeona's were sent out on him last week And his lawyers asked for immunity from prosecution, stating he has a story to tell.

This has now turned into a Criminal Investigation--according to Lindsey Graham--meaning there's something they've found.

"Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham on Thursday said it’s clear that after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein briefed the Senate on the investigation into Russian involvement in the presidential election that it has become a criminal probe.

“The shock to the body is that this is now a criminal investigation,” Graham (R-SC) told reporters moments after he exited the Senate chamber.

He said now that it has become a criminal investigation instead of an counterintelligence probe Congress may be impeded in carrying out its own examinations.

“You’ve got a special counsel who has prosecutorial powers now, and I think we in Congress have to be very careful not to interfere,” Graham said. “Public access to this is probably going to be very limited now. It’s going to really limit what the public will know about this.”

http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/lindsey-graham-russia-probe-now-a-criminal-investigation/

The reporter who broke this story confirmed to Brian Williams earlier tonight that the "person of interest" is on Air Force One tonight, expected to land in Riyadh, Saudia Arabia about 3:00 am ET.

Carter Page, General Flynn, Paul Manfort also. There is a lot more to come out on this. Flynn may be spilling the beans right now, as he has got a lot to lose, and grand jury supeona's were sent out on him last week And his lawyers asked for immunity from prosecution, stating he has a story to tell.

The reporter who broke this story confirmed to Brian Williams earlier tonight that the "person of interest" is on Air Force One tonight, expected to land in Riyadh, Saudia Arabia about 3:00 am ET.

Hmm..Other than Donald Trump is Jared Kushner with him?

Yes.

Yes.

OK it's got to be Jared Kushner. Which means Trump is going to do everything he can to protect him, since he's his son in law- & he'll probably start throwing other aids that were involved in this under the bus. Since this is a criminal investigation now--they'll all be lawyering up--and they'll have to pay for their own attorney fees.

The fact that one anonymous source happened to be telling the truth doesn't prove they all tell the truth, or that they all even exist.

LOGIC:

May 19, 2017 | The Post reports that a senior White House adviser close to President Trump is under scrutiny by investigators who are looking into the possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign, according to people familiar with the matter.

Here are members of Team Trump who are known to have Russian connections and the story lines that have made those ties relevant. This graphic will be updated with new developments.

Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

Recapping a stunningly bad two weeks for the Trump White House

Monday, May 8. Former acting attorney general Sally Yates joins former director of national intelligence James Clapper in testifying before the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee. She reveals that she told White House counsel Don McGahn on Jan. 26 and 27 that she believed that national security adviser Michael Flynn could be compromised by the Russian government and that his private statements contradicted what Vice President Pence had said publicly. Regardless, the White House didn’t fire Flynn until two weeks into February.

Tuesday, May 9. Shortly after 5 p.m., Trump fires FBI Director James B. Comey.

Wednesday, May 10. Inexplicably, as D.C. is roiling from Trump’s firing of Comey, Trump meets with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in the Oval Office. Ambassador Sergey Kislyak is there, too, which we learn only because the Russians brought a photographer with them who filed photos to the Russian news agency TASS. The rundown of the meeting that the White House released to the press didn’t mention Kislyak.

Later in the day, The Post reports that Rosenstein threatened to resign after seeing how his memo was used against Comey.

Thursday, May 11. In an interview with NBC’s Lester Holt, Trump undercuts everything that had been said previously, arguing that he was going to fire Comey regardless of the memo — and that when he decided to do so, “I said to myself, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story.”

On Thursday night, another Times scoop: According to two people who heard Comey’s account of a dinner that he had with Trump the day after Yates warned the White House about Flynn, Trump asked Comey whether he would pledge his loyalty to the president. Comey demurred, promising only his “honesty.”

All of this buried the other embarrassing story of the day: Trump’s claim to The Economist that he invented the phrase “priming the pump” in an economic context.

Friday, May 12. Trump appears to threaten Comey on Twitter.

@realDonaldTrump
James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

Monday, May 15. The Post reports that Trump’s conversation with Russians Lavrov and Kislyak in the Oval Office included revealing highly classified information — information so classified that the White House subsequently asked news organizations to constrain how they discussed it when reporting on Trump’s leak.

Thursday, May 18. Reuters reports that the Trump campaign team had at least 18 contacts with Russian interests that hadn’t been disclosed.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
The Times reports that an official transcript of the meeting between Trump and Lavrov includes Trump calling Comey a “nut job” and, more significantly, that he “faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off,” thanks to the Comey firing. (The White House didn’t deny that report; one official claimed that Trump was simply trying to establish a better bargaining position.)
Analysis | Recapping a stunningly bad two weeks for the Trump White House

NOW REMEMBER THE RWNJ'S WHO WENT CRAZY ABOUT OBAMA:

In 2012, President Obama was overheard over a hot microphone telling President Dmitri Medvedev of Russia he would have "more flexibility" to negotiate with Putin after the election.

Bet you told those nut jobs that about Bengazzzzzzzzi too right?

November 21, 2014
A two-year investigation by the Republican-controlled House Intelligence Committee has found that the CIA and the military acted properly in responding to the 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, and asserted no wrongdoing by Obama administration appointees.

Debunking a series of persistent allegations hinting at dark conspiracies, the investigation of the politically charged incident determined that there was no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.

....Many of its findings echo those of six previous investigations by various congressional committees
and a State Department panel.

The eighth Benghazi investigation is being carried out by a House Select Committee appointed in May.

House Intelligence Committee investigation debunks many Benghazi theories

BenghaziBlame.jpg

A senior senator having OPEN conversations with an ambassador == nothing wrong. What's wrong with YOU where it think THAT is a conflict of interest?

So, you don't mind that he lied to Congress about it?

He did not intentionally misrepresent the facts. He was asked about "collusion between the CAMPAIGN and the Russians" There was no "collusion" that he was aware of. And any "contact" he might have had -- was NO SECRET and NOT collusion.

He should UNrecuse himself and let the War begin... Like the Dems would do if they were in this position of being hounded on innuendo and stuff that "Lahkota doesn't know"..

During Watergate, Republicans were on the right side of history.

There is no side to be on here. And the history being made is the DEMISE of both corrupt party dynasties.

I'm on the KILL the GOP/DNC side.. That's what side I'm taking. Because they are killing my country with their power tripping and incompetency.

It's my country too - and I'm on the Democratic side. I used to vote mostly Republican - until the GOP became pure evil.

You didn't fix any thing by switching between evils..

The law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest, showing that the probe is reaching into the highest levels of government, according to people familiar with the matter.

The senior White House adviser under scrutiny by investigators is someone close to the president, according to these people, who would not further identify the official.

The revelation comes as the investigation also appears to be entering a more overtly active phase, with investigators shifting from work that has remained largely hidden from the public to conducting interviews and using a grand jury to issue subpoenas. The intensity of the probe is expected to accelerate in the coming weeks, the people said.

Much More: Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

Wow, a current White House adviser who is close to Trump. A "significant person of interest". The investigation is getting deeper and wider.

I thought Trump was on the verge of impeachment. Now just one "person of interest" in the White House?

You losers just keep losing, and yet you are forced to spin it as another "gotcha" narrative for bringing down Trump.

The law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest, showing that the probe is reaching into the highest levels of government, according to people familiar with the matter.

The senior White House adviser under scrutiny by investigators is someone close to the president, according to these people, who would not further identify the official.

The revelation comes as the investigation also appears to be entering a more overtly active phase, with investigators shifting from work that has remained largely hidden from the public to conducting interviews and using a grand jury to issue subpoenas. The intensity of the probe is expected to accelerate in the coming weeks, the people said.

Much More: Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

Wow, a current White House adviser who is close to Trump. A "significant person of interest". The investigation is getting deeper and wider.

I thought Trump was on the verge of impeachment. Now just one "person of interest" in the White House?

You losers just keep losing, and yet you are forced to spin it as another "gotcha" narrative for bringing down Trump.

Who said Trump was on the verge of impeachment? With a Republican House? Funny. The investigations have a long way to go. Maybe Democrats can wrap it up in 2018 or 2020.

Bet you told those nut jobs that about Bengazzzzzzzzi too right?

November 21, 2014
A two-year investigation by the Republican-controlled House Intelligence Committee has found that the CIA and the military acted properly in responding to the 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, and asserted no wrongdoing by Obama administration appointees.

Debunking a series of persistent allegations hinting at dark conspiracies, the investigation of the politically charged incident determined that there was no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.

....Many of its findings echo those of six previous investigations by various congressional committees
and a State Department panel.

The eighth Benghazi investigation is being carried out by a House Select Committee appointed in May.

House Intelligence Committee investigation debunks many Benghazi theories

BenghaziBlame.jpg

All of the above are to blame.

Yes, it was terrorists that attacked.
It was also the failure of Hillary to provide extra security when they requested it.
It was also the failure of the Hussein to not sent in the military to help.
Then both of them lied to the American people by blaming a YouTube video.

Americans died that night by a completely preventable terror attack, and all those two did was try to sweep it under the rug.

FBI probe moves into White House, according to report

Another "one-two" strike hits Trump.

WaPo relying on "anonymous sources" reveal "a senior Trump adviser" now is on the FBI "person of interest" list concerning the allegations of collusion between Trump's campaign with the Russians.

And Trump told the Russians his firing of Trump greatly reduced the stress on him of the allegations.

Sigh. Donald, if your people, or you, for that matter, did collude, the FBI will catch you.

It's what they do. Very well. Bigly.

WaPo relying on "anonymous sources" reveal "a senior Trump adviser" now is on the FBI "person of interest" list concerning the allegations of collusion between Trump's campaign with the Russians.

And Trump told the Russians his firing of Trump greatly reduced the stress on him of the allegations.

Sigh. Donald, if your people, or you, for that matter, did collude, the FBI will catch you.

When cleared, I'm sure you will make some timely post admitting the 'sources' as being liars... that's even if they exist

-Geaux

/---- I stopped reading at "WaPo relying on "anonymous sources" which is the Main Stream Media's short hand for I made it all up because I'm too lazy to do any real investigative journalism.
anonymous_sources.jpg

When cleared, I'm sure you will make some timely post admitting the 'sources' as being liars... that's even if they exist-Geaux
Not my sources, but WaPos.

You know the Trumpers' time continues to run out quickly.

Trump told the Russians his firing of Trump greatly reduced the stress on him of the allegations.

What made Trump think the Russians with whom he spoke are as ill informed as he about the way the U.S. government operates? After all, they've spent decades trying to infiltrate gov't entities and compromise government workers. They absolutely know how it works; they have to to know whom to target, when and why. Unlike Trump, they actually prepare before commencing to do "stuff."

It would not surprise me to find out that every top Russian official and spy has read or been briefed in detail on the U.S. Constitution, U.S. rules of succession, federal agency published policy documents, and scads of legal theory and precedent pertaining to each.

I know Trump hasn't read much if any of those things for he childishly made a big show of issuing executive orders to have people "study" several of those things, that when he could have simply called a handful of career officials and had them show up and give him a primer and be done. Of course, that would have required he sit still and pay attention for more than 15 minutes and that would not yielded for him a document that, when he attempts to read it, likely would work better than Ambien.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back