BREAKING: Shooting at Ft. Hood

Okay, I'll be happy to tell you. On base, the military is at home, it is not a place where they are expected to be in any danger. Military bases are (or were) secure areas.

"A Military base is not a place where they are expected to be in danger"? Surely you jest or have been lulled into a false sense of security. Didn't 9-11 and the jihad suicide nut cases mean anything? A Military base is the freaking first target for jihadists. Even back in the 70's Bill Ayers last bomb was intended to maim or kill Ft. Dix Soldiers to make a political point. What does the "P" mean in M.P.? If Military Police are untrained or can't be trusted to carry a freaking weapon we are in deeper shit than we realize.

Under which president were the rules implemented to make a base, a gun-free zone? Probably in more peaceful days, when bases were safe, as soldiers were honorable and patriotic....

Federal law has always applied and bases have , as far as I know, never allowed non critical personnel carry loaded weapons. There are specific people on duty that are exceptions but the bar to civilian carry has always been enforced. And a troop on duty can not carry a personal weapon, never has been able to do so.

I had never thought about this myself--no weapons on military bases. I can guess.

I shouldn't say more, already in a foul mood--but---yes, I can imagine a day when an attack on US military bases at home and abroad takes place--and the lack of weapons will lead to a slaughter. I hope such a thing never happens.

Okay, I'll be happy to tell you. On base, the military is at home, it is not a place where they are expected to be in any danger. Military bases are (or were) secure areas.

"A Military base is not a place where they are expected to be in danger"? Surely you jest or have been lulled into a false sense of security. Didn't 9-11 and the jihad suicide nut cases mean anything? A Military base is the freaking first target for jihadists. Even back in the 70's Bill Ayers last bomb was intended to maim or kill Ft. Dix Soldiers to make a political point. What does the "P" mean in M.P.? If Military Police are untrained or can't be trusted to carry a freaking weapon we are in deeper shit than we realize.

Most of these bases will go decades without an incident like that happening, so there is no reason to have thousands of armed guards scattered throughout the base at all times. The thing the military has going for it is they have a much faster response time than your local city police. A base is only so big, and military police aren't bogged down with handing out speeding tickets, answering domestic disturbance calls or cracking down on drug dealers. A mob of military police can respond to a mass shooting anywhere on the base within a couple minutes.

CNN is soooo glad for this story. They have been talking about nothing but ocean garbage for weeks to avoid Obammycare. Now they have this and a new Libtard gun agenda. Win win.

agreed.

They can talk away--I don't have to listen.

Now--someone on CNN just asked for an explanation of a 'soldier on soldier' event. Yes--that is when one soldier has a disagreement with another soldier.

Under which president were the rules implemented to make a base, a gun-free zone? Probably in more peaceful days, when bases were safe, as soldiers were honorable and patriotic....

Federal law has always applied and bases have , as far as I know, never allowed non critical personnel carry loaded weapons. There are specific people on duty that are exceptions but the bar to civilian carry has always been enforced. And a troop on duty can not carry a personal weapon, never has been able to do so.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r190_14.pdf

Fort Hood Herald 2010 In Review: Spc. Ivan Lopez, 1st Battalion, Warrior Transition Brigade, ties a fly during an instructional class Nov. 3 at Fort Hood. - Photo by Herald/STEVEN DOLL

It's about 20 something into the gallery in the link above. I think the news sources have this, but aren't certain enough that it's him.

Last edited:
So...from all accounts this shooter that left 11 people injured and four dead wasn't a "fucking" Muslim.

People snap, regardless of religion.

I'm glad he killed himself but I don't wish hell on him.

People break. And the results can be devastating. Who knows what went on in his mind? What was missed that led up to this? It's just sad all around when these things happen.

Looks like those who defend our country are still not allowed to carry guns at their own facility
willy_nilly.gif

If those working there would be packing heat, this would've been over quickly..

Ft Hood does not have weapons???? That's kinda dumb isn't it?

[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] Weapons are kept locked in the arms room. The only time they are issued is for training exercises but live ammo is not issued. They only fire live ammo at firing ranges and that is strictly supervised and regulated. Only Military Police carry live ammo on a routine basis. Soldiers on guard duty might be issued 5 rounds of live ammo. That has been the case for the past 100 years or more.

People break. And the results can be devastating. Who knows what went on in his mind? What was missed that led up to this? It's just sad all around when these things happen.

You are a kinder person than me. As a mental health professional I can certainly understand feeling out of options and contemplating suicide. I cannot ever wrap my head around killing others before you kill yourself.

You are a kinder person than me. As a mental health professional I can certainly understand feeling out of options and contemplating suicide. I cannot ever wrap my head around killing others before you kill yourself.

I can't either....:(

Question for liberals: Why are virtually all of these mass shooters democrats?
Question for partisan fucktards: what happened to you in life that caused you to view every world event in terms of political spectrum and how it can used to attack the other team?

Looks like those who defend our country are still not allowed to carry guns at their own facility
willy_nilly.gif

If those working there would be packing heat, this would've been over quickly..

Ft Hood does not have weapons???? That's kinda dumb isn't it?

[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] Weapons are kept locked in the arms room. The only time they are issued is for training exercises but live ammo is not issued. They only fire live ammo at firing ranges and that is strictly supervised and regulated. Only Military Police carry live ammo on a routine basis. Soldiers on guard duty might be issued 5 rounds of live ammo. That has been the case for the past 100 years or more.

Well..I hope like hell the next attack doesn't hit the building where the ammo is cuz if it does...we be fucked.

It's called SELFISH...as well as being a nutbar.

This could be a case of unreturned love. Gay guy puts the make on straight guy and gets coldly turned down.

Forum List

Back