BREAKING: Shooting at Ft. Hood

Looks like those who defend our country are still not allowed to carry guns at their own facility
willy_nilly.gif

If those working there would be packing heat, this would've been over quickly..

Ft Hood does not have weapons???? That's kinda dumb isn't it?

[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] Weapons are kept locked in the arms room. The only time they are issued is for training exercises but live ammo is not issued. They only fire live ammo at firing ranges and that is strictly supervised and regulated. Only Military Police carry live ammo on a routine basis. Soldiers on guard duty might be issued 5 rounds of live ammo. That has been the case for the past 100 years or more.

yeah, when I was on heliport guard duty at Ft. Hood we were given a pump shotgun and 3 rounds, to be kept in our pocket..

Sorry bout that,

Is not Ft. Hood a military compound? Do not soldiers have weapons? I have never heard of a military fort that bans weapons.

1. Weapons are dangerous, and the liberals who run the government right now don't want anyone to get hurt or shot by a gun.
2. So they make the military use their fingers instead of real guns, saves on bullets too.
3. Pow Pow....

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So now that it's not a Muslim, it's a gay love spat....Some people have a one track mind....

Bradley Manning stole the nation's military secrets because of a gay love spat. Really, don't we have gay outreach in the military now? Aren't they accommodated with drag queen dances?

So...from all accounts this shooter that left 11 people injured and four dead wasn't a "fucking" Muslim.

People snap, regardless of religion.

And seven pages of this forum. Turns out he was a deranged Catholic named Lopez.

Guess we need to throw all Catholics out of the country.

Sorry bout that,

Is not Ft. Hood a military compound? Do not soldiers have weapons? I have never heard of a military fort that bans weapons.

1. Weapons are dangerous, and the liberals who run the government right now don't want anyone to get hurt or shot by a gun.
2. So they make the military use their fingers instead of real guns, saves on bullets too.
3. Pow Pow....

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

For you, ignorance is bliss.....

So now that it's not a Muslim, it's a gay love spat....Some people have a one track mind....

Bradley Manning stole the nation's military secrets because of a gay love spat. Really, don't we have gay outreach in the military now? Aren't they accommodated with drag queen dances?

yeah, you should see what Navy personnel do when you cross the equator for the first time.....
Drag queens, like in WWII???

A guy joins the army and is kinda dumb. Ol sarge realizes it, notes it, files it away. They go thru boot camp and are given rifles. When the sarge gets to the guy on the end, he hands him a broom and tells him to practice with that. All the guys are shooting targets and the guys is going BANGETY BANG BANGETY BANG. So its time for the bayonets. The guys are shooting and stabbing. Guy on the end gets a piece of straw from his broom..sticking out further than the rest of the straw. BANGETY BANG, STICKETY STICK!
They are called to duty. They arrive, flow out of the truck, shooting the german enemy. Men are falling down everywhere. Dumb Guy is yelling BANGETY BANG BANGETY BANG STICKETY STICK and this one big huge german keeps coming. Nothing is stopping him. Dumb Guy yells louder BANGETY BANG STICKETY STICK. German guy mows him over. Dumb guy looks up and sees german guy swinging around on his foot and he is yelling TANKETY TANK TANKETY TANK.

I'm glad he killed himself but I don't wish hell on him.

People break. And the results can be devastating. Who knows what went on in his mind? What was missed that led up to this? It's just sad all around when these things happen.

A post with which I can agree.

I don't think I am going to last long with CNN or any news channel with this. So much emotion--more than I can handle.

I care about all affected--fully aware of the sacrifices that have been made by the military. God Bless and Keep the USA.

Sorry bout that,

So...from all accounts this shooter that left 11 people injured and four dead wasn't a "fucking" Muslim.

People snap, regardless of religion.

And seven pages of this forum. Turns out he was a deranged Catholic named Lopez.

Guess we need to throw all Catholics out of the country.

1. Proof he was Catholic?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

This may be a soldier on soldier dispute that went deadly.

Last time in 2009 it was also a soldier on soldier dispute! only the murderer Nidal M. Hasan was an Islamic terrorist... so...we have to wait and hope the truth is told to us this time around.

Not comparable at all yet. To suggest this is the same is nonsense at this point. During my time at Fort Hood, with a population of almost 50 thousand soldiers and dependents, we dealt with a number of soldier on soldier murders, normally disputes over who was banging who.

This may be a soldier on soldier dispute that went deadly.

Last time in 2009 it was also a soldier on soldier dispute! only the murderer Nidal M. Hasan was an Islamic terrorist... so...we have to wait and hope the truth is told to us this time around.

Not comparable at all yet. To suggest this is the same is nonsense at this point. During my time at Fort Hood, with a population of almost 50 thousand soldiers and dependents, we dealt with a number of soldier on soldier murders, normally disputes over who was banging who.

I was there in '85-'86. How about you. I was in 1st Cav 1/68 ADA co D

Okay, I'll be happy to tell you. On base, the military is at home, it is not a place where they are expected to be in any danger. Military bases are (or were) secure areas.

"A Military base is not a place where they are expected to be in danger"? Surely you jest or have been lulled into a false sense of security. Didn't 9-11 and the jihad suicide nut cases mean anything? A Military base is the freaking first target for jihadists. Even back in the 70's Bill Ayers last bomb was intended to maim or kill Ft. Dix Soldiers to make a political point. What does the "P" mean in M.P.? If Military Police are untrained or can't be trusted to carry a freaking weapon we are in deeper shit than we realize.

Under which president were the rules implemented to make a base, a gun-free zone? Probably in more peaceful days, when bases were safe, as soldiers were honorable and patriotic....

Since WWII, soldiers may have weapons in their dependent quarters at the will of the post commander. Soldiers in barracks always keep their personal weapons in the unit armory.

Unit commander may have a side arm with a clip of ammunition when on active duty, whether in encampment or on training exercises. The commanders may specially designate others if necessary to be armed. On the tundra or in the mountains in Alaska, every company commander and CSM or 1SG was armed.

I was there in '85-'86. How about you. I was in 1st Cav 1/68 ADA co D

I served at 1st Cav HQs for two years and then across the street at 2d Brigade HQs, when much of the unit was in Honduras. I went on to graduate school afterwards and then to East Texas and western Louisiana in private business.

Forum List

Back