BREAKING: Shooting at Ft. Hood

Not comparable at all yet. To suggest this is the same is nonsense at this point. During my time at Fort Hood, with a population of almost 50 thousand soldiers and dependents, we dealt with a number of soldier on soldier murders, normally disputes over who was banging who.

I was there in '85-'86. How about you. I was in 1st Cav 1/68 ADA co D

I served at 1st Cav HQs for two years and then across the street at 2d Brigade HQs, when much of the unit was in Honduras. I went on to graduate school afterwards and then to East Texas and western Louisiana in private business.

I was (very briefly) assigned to the 67th Armor (2AD) at Fort Hood in 73 before heading out to Fort Devens. SSG at the time (before going to WO school). I went back there 2 or 3 times after that to III Corps on investigations.

Never really cared for the place. Killeen was a mad house on the weekends. The only time I EVER saw more hookers was (a) in Da Nang (b) Gerogetown.

The other thing that has always mystified me (growing up and serving in the military, Father a Brigadier General in the Air Force and Brother a Master Gunny) and, having carried loaded weapons all over Viet Nam and Europe, why the hell the military is so damned hell bent on keeping weapons in Armories, rather than in the hands of soldiers. They trust you to kill in combat - but don't trust you in garrison.

This may be a soldier on soldier dispute that went deadly.

Last time in 2009 it was also a soldier on soldier dispute! only the murderer Nidal M. Hasan was an Islamic terrorist... so...we have to wait and hope the truth is told to us this time around.

Not comparable at all yet. To suggest this is the same is nonsense at this point. During my time at Fort Hood, with a population of almost 50 thousand soldiers and dependents, we dealt with a number of soldier on soldier murders, normally disputes over who was banging who.

We had a shooting like this in the 90s, it wasn't a Muslim at all.
http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/21/us/gunman-kills-2-and-hurts-19-on-air-force-base.html

To people like Skye, everything can be blamed on Muslims and Obama.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

I was there in '85-'86. How about you. I was in 1st Cav 1/68 ADA co D

I served at 1st Cav HQs for two years and then across the street at 2d Brigade HQs, when much of the unit was in Honduras. I went on to graduate school afterwards and then to East Texas and western Louisiana in private business.

I was (very briefly) assigned to the 67th Armor (2AD) at Fort Hood in 73 before heading out to Fort Devens. SSG at the time (before going to WO school). I went back there 2 or 3 times after that to III Corps on investigations.

Never really cared for the place. Killeen was a mad house on the weekends. The only time I EVER saw more hookers was (a) in Da Nang (b) Gerogetown.

The other thing that has always mystified me (growing up and serving in the military, Father a Brigadier General in the Air Force and Brother a Master Gunny) and, having carried loaded weapons all over Viet Nam and Europe, why the hell the military is so damned hell bent on keeping weapons in Armories, rather than in the hands of soldiers. They trust you to kill in combat - but don't trust you in garrison.

Most of the hookers I saw looked like men in drag....San Antonio, Ft. Sam Houston was better...

Sorry bout that,

1. I wonder if the president will come out and label this terrorism?
2. Come on mr. president, label it something dumb ass!!!
3. I heard him say on the news just now, its alarming that this might of happened again,..might???
it has happened dumb ass, give the fucking military some fucking guns!
4. What if this Nations attacked?
5. Grab your broom men we are under attack!!!!
6. Say Pow Pow louder men! go get em!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
If there was one place on the planet one would think you could be safe it would be a military base in America.

Thoughts and prayers for the families of the victims.

Most of the hookers I saw looked like men in drag....San Antonio, Ft. Sam Houston was better...

Never made it there. I was in Europe (after Viet Nam) for the majority of the rest of my career. Did spend some time on several Posts (and briefly at Coronado CA) and a while at Bolling AFB. Retired at Fort Knox. My MOS kept me moving around - boat load of TDYs until I accepted Embassy duty. Then it remained fairly constant - moved from one country to another, but always at an Embassy.

Last time in 2009 it was also a soldier on soldier dispute! only the murderer Nidal M. Hasan was an Islamic terrorist... so...we have to wait and hope the truth is told to us this time around.

We had a shooting like this in the 90s, it wasn't a Muslim at all.
Gunman Kills 2 and Hurts 19 on Air Force Base - NYTimes.com

To people like Skye, everything can be blamed on Muslims and Obama.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Not everything.

But you can bet your eye that far too many things can be.

Funny how the same limp wristed liberals who throw tantrums at the thought of stereotype a protected status group have no problem saying that all whites are privileged, that all gun owners are responsible for the actions of illegal gun "owners" etc.. Must be so nice to be allowed to have double standards. For if libbie limp wristed poofters didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

If there was one place on the planet one would think you could be safe it would be a military base in America.

Why? Soldiers are men and women, they like guns, many of them have families, a fort or base or post is like a small town to a medium size city.

People hurt each other, unfortunately.

Funny how the same limp wristed liberals who throw tantrums at the thought of stereotype a protected status group have no problem saying that all whites are privileged, that all gun owners are responsible for the actions of illegal gun "owners" etc.. Must be so nice to be allowed to have double standards. For if libbie limp wristed poofters didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

You just made a complaint about blanket statements by using a strawman dressed in blanket statements. Not to mention the homophobic slurs.

What's it like to be that stupid?

shoot-foot.gif

Last edited:
Notice how many right wingers are ignorant of how military bases are ran and why soldiers don't tote loaded weapons around the bases?? If they did there would be more murders...

Why? Soldiers are men and women, they like guns, many of them have families, a fort or base or post is like a small town to a medium size city.

People hurt each other, unfortunately.

Fort Hood is the largest military installation in the world. It's the second largest city (in terms of square miles) in Texas. Nearly 50,000 soldiers and their dependents there at any one time. A military installation is no different than any other town or city. Same demographic as any other town. Men, Women, Children. Police and Fire, Hospitals, Stores, movie theaters, restaurants, day care, swimming pools.

Unfortunately, as a result of that, you have the same problems with crime as any other city.

Notice how many right wingers are ignorant of how military bases are ran and why soldiers don't tote loaded weapons around the bases?? If they did there would be more murders...

You and I are going to part company here. Your supposition that "if they did there would be more murders" is absolute bullshit. I carried a loaded weapon nearly everyday in both combat and non combat situations. I never shot anyone who wasn't trying to kill me.

I carried my weapon on military installations, in civilian situations, on military flights and civilian flights -both domestic and International. I carried in the United States and in foreign countries.

PFC Johnny carries his M4 in combat every day - loaded and ready to fight - in combat theaters. He is trusted to kill the enemy - but not trusted to NOT kill anyone else. So what's next, we tell cops that they should not carry loaded weapons because they MIGHT shoot civilians? Oooops...that happens fairly regularly now.

Your logic is wasted on me.

You and I are going to part company here. Your supposition that "if they did there would be more murders" is absolute bullshit. I carried a loaded weapon nearly everyday in both combat and non combat situations. I never shot anyone who wasn't trying to kill me.

I carried my weapon on military installations, in civilian situations, on military flights and civilian flights -both domestic and International. I carried in the United States and in foreign countries.

PFC Johnny carries his M4 in combat every day - loaded and ready to fight - in combat theaters. He is trusted to kill the enemy - but not trusted to NOT kill anyone else. So what's next, we tell cops that they should not carry loaded weapons because they MIGHT shoot civilians? Oooops...that happens fairly regularly now.

Just a matter of opinion...

I cant believe there is a second one. Why the heck isn't security better at a freakin fort?

Just a matter of opinion...

Your opinion is horseshit. You begin your post by accusing "right-wingers are ignorant of how military bases are ran..."

Keep your partisan BS out of the discussion.

Question for liberals: Why are virtually all of these mass shooters democrats?
Question for partisan fucktards: what happened to you in life that caused you to view every world event in terms of political spectrum and how it can used to attack the other team?

Agreed. It's a little soon. Maddow and Sharpton haven't even started their new gun grab campaign yet.

No not really. It's close behind anywhere in Detroit and a traffic stop.

Forum List

Back