BREAKING: Shooting at Madden football event in Jacksonville

The mayor of Jacksonville is a Republican and the shooter is from Baltimore and 24 years old. What do Florida's laws have to do with it?

Yep......the shooter broke the law. So, what laws do they want to create that will make the next shooter not break the law?

Apparent picture of shooter from a previous Madden game win...

173_C18_D7_BC06_4_B07_8_EEF_59_BA8543_BC13.jpg

Congrats to David Katz, the Madden 17 Bills Championship winner!

Thanks for following along, Bills fans. https://t.co/YHJHzlFElc pic.twitter.com/incdEhLxkT

Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) February 27, 2017

lewis on Twitter

The entire landing where the shooting took place is a "gun-free zone" BTW. The shooter was also not old enough to legally posses a handgun so once again, the laws failed.

He was 24.

Where are you hearing that? Last I heard he was a few days away from his 21st birthday.

Of course, that could have been bad information.

• Authorities tentatively identified the suspect as 24-year-old David Katz from Baltimore. He allegedly used a handgun in the shooting.
Shooting at Jacksonville, Florida video game tournament: what we know

Thanks for following along, Bills fans. https://t.co/YHJHzlFElc pic.twitter.com/incdEhLxkT

lewis on Twitter

The entire landing where the shooting took place is a "gun-free zone" BTW. The shooter was also not old enough to legally posses a handgun so once again, the laws failed.

He was 24.

Where are you hearing that? Last I heard he was a few days away from his 21st birthday.

• Authorities tentatively identified the suspect as 24-year-old David Katz from Baltimore. He allegedly used a handgun in the shooting.

Luckily only 2 people were killed...... down from the 4 they stated earlier.... and the shooter doesn't count.

The mayor of Jacksonville is a Republican and the shooter is from Baltimore and 24 years old. What do Florida's laws have to do with it?

Yep......the shooter broke the law. So, what laws do they want to create that will make the next shooter not break the law?

My response was directed at the inaccuracies in your post. I never claimed anything.

lewis on Twitter

He was 24.

Luckily only 2 people were killed...... down from the 4 they stated earlier.... and the shooter doesn't count.

Why are you quoting my post? I never claimed anything else!

Do we blame people from Maryland?

Everyone knew this dude was a loser psycho.

At least he offed himself, too.

Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of the victims.

Having been born in Jacksonville and having been to the Landing many many times, this hits close to home, literally.

My response was directed at the inaccuracies in your post. I never claimed anything.

Did you notice the "If" in the "if he was underage," and the democrat gun free zone is exactly that....

Did you notice the "If" in the "if he was underage," and the democrat gun free zone is exactly that....

All I did was point out the "if" was wrong.

Where is your source that the Jacksonville Landing is a gun free zone? I lived in Jacksonville for about 14 years and do not recall the Landing having any such rules, but it has been a while.

Where is your source that the Jacksonville Landing is a gun free zone? I lived in Jacksonville for about 14 years and do not recall the Landing having any such rules, but it has been a while.

It was reported by Truth About Guns website who posted the landings rules...

Site of Jacksonville Mass Shooting is a Designated Gun-Free Zone - The Truth About Guns

public events such as concerts, festivals, etc. As is the case in well over 90% of mass shootings, the Jacksonville Landing is a gun-free zone.

Here’s the relevant section from the Landing’s rules of conduct:

..... the shooter only killed 2 people which means this shooting does not even meet the new standard of 3 dead created by obama.......

"Possession of a weapon, even if legally carried (except by law enforcement officers) is absolutely prohibited on Landing property"

Rules of Conduct | The Jacksonville Landing

Site of Jacksonville Mass Shooting is a Designated Gun-Free Zone - The Truth About Guns

public events such as concerts, festivals, etc. As is the case in well over 90% of mass shootings, the Jacksonville Landing is a gun-free zone.

Thank you for providing that info, but they left out the last line:

A violation of these rules may result in expulsion from the property or other legal action as Property Management deems appropriate.

Conceal carry on their property and they will ask you to leave if they find you carrying a gun. Wow! That is so scary!

Also, the Landing usually had so many Duval County Sheriff Deputies there, you don't need to carry. In fact, the Sheriff's office is located just down the street from the Landing. I have been to both places many times.

lewis on Twitter

nothing more dangerous than a Jew with a gun; just ask a Palestinian

lewis on Twitter

nothing more dangerous than a Jew with a gun; just ask a Palestinian

Dark humor. Inappropriate but I did chuckle a little.

A violation of these rules may result in expulsion from the property or other legal action as Property Management deems appropriate.

Conceal carry on their property and they will ask you to leave if they find you carrying a gun. Wow! That is so scary!

Also, the Landing usually had so many Duval County Sheriff Deputies there, you don't need to carry. In fact, the Sheriff's office is located just down the street from the Landing. I have been to both places many times.

My state's concealed carry laws have a similar policy. A private business can post their facility as "No Weapons Allowed" but getting caught violating that is only a simple trespassing ticket if you refuse to leave. I usually ignore those since I'm carrying a Glock 19 in a Milt Sparks holster. Even with two spare magazines on the other side, it's not even visible with a short-sleeved summer shirt on.

I will not carry in a post office, police station, courthouse, or on public school grounds though. That's asking for trouble.

BTW: You were right - The shooter was 24, not 21. A lot of disinformation gets thrown around when stuff like this happens, and it takes time for things to sort out.

Last edited:

My state's concealed carry laws have a similar policy. A private business can post their facility as "No Weapons Allowed" but getting caught violating that is only a simple trespassing ticket if you refuse to leave. I usually ignore those since I'm carrying a Glock 19 in a Milt Sparks holster. Even with two spare magazines on the other side, it's not even visible with a short-sleeved summer shirt on.

I will not carry in a post office, police station, courthouse, or on public school grounds though. That's asking for trouble.

I typically don't CC in a bar because typically that is illegal & when I'm drinking I tend to shoot pretty much anything that moves

Fox News is reporting the shooter is a resident of Baltimore Maryland who traveled to Florida for the event.

Pretty sure Maryland has every one of those gun control laws on the books, including Universal Background Checks (background checks for all private sales), permits for all handguns, and 100% handgun registration...

Yep...every one of them...Gun laws in Maryland - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back