Breaking Update: Obama Replaces “Allah” with “God” in Edited Transcripts of Orlando Killer’s Calls

Breaking News Update:

Is this insane or what. He wants to tie Christianity into this terror attack.

Obama Replaces "Allah" with "God" in Edited Transcripts of Orlando Killer's Calls

Christianity never has and never will associate itself with violence.

Bwa ha ha ha ha .....
No but Muslims have and will continue. The attack in Orlando was in the name of Allah, not God.
Same God telling Christians he hates fags or to shoot up abortion clinics is talking to this guy. It's a different Allah story but same entity. There's only one God. You worship your way they'll believe what they want to believe.

Same with Mormons. Same God. Allah means god

Allah isn't God. Allah is a pig who has a pedophile named mohammed that beat women, children, killed innocent people, and ruled by the sword.
Sounds like the God of the old testament

The way I'm reading the transcript, his statements were in Arabic, and they were translated into English, hence "God" instead of "Allah." Am I wrong?

Allah is a word in english as well that is understood as the god of Islam. Am I correct?

Breaking News Update:

Is this insane or what. He wants to tie Christianity into this terror attack.

Obama Replaces "Allah" with "God" in Edited Transcripts of Orlando Killer's Calls

Bwa ha ha ha ha .....
No but Muslims have and will continue. The attack in Orlando was in the name of Allah, not God.
Same God telling Christians he hates fags or to shoot up abortion clinics is talking to this guy. It's a different Allah story but same entity. There's only one God. You worship your way they'll believe what they want to believe.

Allah isn't God. Allah is a pig who has a pedophile named mohammed that beat women, children, killed innocent people, and ruled by the sword.

Nope. Way off. I expected something simple like that from you though. Thanks for not disappointing.

For the love of it all.....Not everyone on the planet speaks English. Are you daft or something?
So no translations from any language to English are valid?
This is a deflection.
Allah is not a word that needs to be translated and when done so it loses meaning. There was no reason to actually change that word to God.

The term god is ambiguous - it can refer to any god - the term Allah is SPECIFIC. It is the name of the Islamic God. Why change a term that is specific and widely understood?
"The term god is ambiguous - it can refer to any god"
Millions of Christians would beg to differ, I'm sure.
Really? So you then agree with the OP that 'translating' the word Allah means that they were changing the meaning to the Christian God?

Your posts say otherwise.
I replied to your specific statement that "The term god is ambiguous - it can refer to any god".
Don't read any more into it than that.
I am not reading more into it. You also replied to the other poster that God is the translation of Allah.

Both your statements cannot be true - they are mutually exclusive. Either god is a generic term that can be used for any god (ergo Allah can be translated into it) or it is the specific god of the Christians. Square your own statements with themselves.

The way I'm reading the transcript, his statements were in Arabic, and they were translated into English, hence "God" instead of "Allah." Am I wrong?

Allah is a word in english as well that is understood as the god of Islam. Am I correct?
Yea just like in greece ID call you a malaka but here I call you a jackoff. Same thing really

Potato potataaahto.

Bwa ha ha ha ha .....

Nope. Way off. I expected something simple like that from you though. Thanks for not disappointing.
The God of the old testament wasn't a sick son of a bitch?

Nope. Depraved society full of rot. I don't expect you to understand that either.

To be precise, there is no 'name' for the 'One God' in Hebrew and, thus, for Christians. Instead of a noun, the term is a verb form that is mostly translated into English as 'I Am', or similar. Allah is a noun, and is the Arabic name for the 'One God'. But, Allah does not mean 'I Am' in Arabic. Some may call this a technicality, but many take this to be an important and fundamental point. Therefore, the most honest translation of 'Allah' into English is 'Allah'.
Thanks. I'm not sure why they felt it needed to be translated, either--I think most Americans recognize what "Allah" means. I guess the administration is being super sensitive to words that could trigger a negative reaction in ignorant minds. I don't think we need such kid glove treatment, but The Prof doesn't have a very high opinion of us, apparently.
This is a subject that really has not been adequately clarified and I think it should be. Automatically translating 'Allah' into 'God' in English can be regarded as propaganda. While the intention may be understandable, the fact is there are fundamental differences and dishonesty about that is not constructive.
Nail, meet hammer.

Nope. Depraved society full of rot. I don't expect you to understand that either.
I know a book written by ancient men when I see one.

I love it that Adam let God down then all humans let God down so he drowned everyone but Noah and family and then Noahs ancestors killed his son and here we are sinners again. Why did God make us this way then he's surprised

To be precise, there is no 'name' for the 'One God' in Hebrew and, thus, for Christians. Instead of a noun, the term is a verb form that is mostly translated into English as 'I Am', or similar. Allah is a noun, and is the Arabic name for the 'One God'. But, Allah does not mean 'I Am' in Arabic. Some may call this a technicality, but many take this to be an important and fundamental point. Therefore, the most honest translation of 'Allah' into English is 'Allah'.
Thanks. I'm not sure why they felt it needed to be translated, either--I think most Americans recognize what "Allah" means. I guess the administration is being super sensitive to words that could trigger a negative reaction in ignorant minds. I don't think we need such kid glove treatment, but The Prof doesn't have a very high opinion of us, apparently.
This is a subject that really has not been adequately clarified and I think it should be. Automatically translating 'Allah' into 'God' in English can be regarded as propaganda. While the intention may be understandable, the fact is there are fundamental differences and dishonesty about that is not constructive.
Nail, meet hammer.
Trumps a hammer and to a hammer every problem looks like a nail but not every problem can be solved with a hammer but that's all trump is

Nail, meet hammer.
Trumps a hammer and to a hammer every problem looks like a nail but not every problem can be solved with a hammer but that's all trump is
And you know that specifically how?

So no translations from any language to English are valid?
This is a deflection.
Allah is not a word that needs to be translated and when done so it loses meaning. There was no reason to actually change that word to God.

The term god is ambiguous - it can refer to any god - the term Allah is SPECIFIC. It is the name of the Islamic God. Why change a term that is specific and widely understood?
"The term god is ambiguous - it can refer to any god"
Millions of Christians would beg to differ, I'm sure.
Really? So you then agree with the OP that 'translating' the word Allah means that they were changing the meaning to the Christian God?

Your posts say otherwise.
I replied to your specific statement that "The term god is ambiguous - it can refer to any god".
Don't read any more into it than that.
I am not reading more into it. You also replied to the other poster that God is the translation of Allah.

Both your statements cannot be true - they are mutually exclusive. Either god is a generic term that can be used for any god (ergo Allah can be translated into it) or it is the specific god of the Christians. Square your own statements with themselves.
They're not mutually exclusive at all.
'God' is the English translation of 'Allah'...the Muslim understanding of 'God' might be different to Christians though.
'Jannah' is the Arabic word for 'Heaven'.
The Muslim understanding of Heaven might be different to Christians but it's still an accurate translation (according to Mr Google).

"The God of the old testament wasn't a sick son of a bitch?"

He was jealous and vengeful.
He would be a perfect GOP presidential candidate!

Nail, meet hammer.
And you know that specifically how?
I listen to him talk. He's a loose cannon. He can't even hold his tongue and not say the stupid shit he's thinking.

Because guys like you like him is how we know he'll lose

Are you a professional translator of Arabic?

Is accuracy disturbing?

Obama is one fucking ****** of the worst kind. The Muslim slaughtering Islamic kind. One day.... one day.......

-Geaux

There. Hope you all are happy now to have your unredacted copy of the transcript.
I'm sure it was truly enlightening.

Forum List

Back