Brexit busted.

Liberloons in Scotland (SNP) realllllly want to have Britain's nuclear submarine base closed. Whoppie.
The thrifty Scots, once they face having to tax themselves to support their own social programs, will need money.
So which will prevail? The No-Nukes Scots of the Thrifty Scots when it comes down to renting the base for nuclear submarines to Russia....or maybe China? What if Iran (with their more conventional, for now, subs) bids?

Subsuming your powers of Government DEFINITELY doesn't help !!

You're trying to make the point of political interdependence ? No doubt that's a Globalist's position, but I see nothing to stop the UK gaining independence from the EU, and so a new-found ability to pass its own laws unfettered by 'other masters'. True and total freedom may be illusory, BUT, we can gain a new and remarkably complete taste of it, if ONLY we snap the chain binding us to EU diktats.
Then you can check out the country of Iceland, practically a Russian colony. With a British "independence", the pound will be devalued enough to make purchase prices much higher, but not enough to make British exports cheap enough. That is a banking equation that absolutely must hold. The real problem is though, that you remove the roaming privileges of the ordinary working people of Britain. That is like 1000 years ago, the small feudal lords removed the roaming privileges of serfs. Or more recently the Soviet Union. A terrible idea. By the way, it will cause the fast break away of Scotland and Wales too, and you will see the EU border signs on the bridge to Cardiff, that you will need a visa for to use.

Hardly likely as far too many nations rely on the UK exports to survive.

The EU has already said that there is no straight forward way of entry by Scotland or any other union nation. They will have to come to the table with something positive, and having water and sheep is not positive.
There is more than one way to skin a rabbit. Considering that the EU is currently pumping unlimited amount of cash into Slovakia, for the past 15 years or so, and not about to slow down, theEU will have it just as easy to do the same in Scotland and Wales, for any kind of insignificant reason, amongst which is the division of peripheral countries.
Both Wales and Scotland will bring access to the EU through English speaking countries. Just like the Irish do.
Stop trying to rain on his parade. He is dreaming of Rorkes Drift and Agincourt and Waterloo.

Didn't you read the report from the EU then regarding membership

It would be 'extremely difficult' for independent Scotland to join EU,

It would be 'extremely difficult' for independent Scotland to join EU, says European Commission chief Jose Manuel Barroso

Keep on with your fantasy
Baroso is a fag. Maybe this too is the reason why his name starts with bar.

Overlooking that Wales and Scotland are presently "in" The EU because they are part of The United Kingdom - a (for now) member. Should either of them vote independence they're out and would have to apply to get in. What's left of The UK (should only one of them depart) OR England (should both take a hike) surely will veto the membership of such proven enemies of peace and democracy....after all, they are Labour (type) enclaves and therefore more closely aligned to The Soviet Orbit.

This scenario has one significant flaw - if the UK or England leave the EU, then London won’t have a right to block Wales’ or Scotland’s joining to the EU.

What do you mean, the UK OR England?

As far as I can understand, if Brexiters win, then the odds will be very high that a country called the United Kingdom will cede to exist (at least in today’s shape).
It certainly will.
Scotand will hold another referendum and vote out of the UK.

This will cause Wales to question its position.

The UK will disintegrate.

What's fascinating about this scenario is the utter absurdity it contains. So ... the UK leaves the EU, 'disenfranchising' Scotland from the EU at the same time. So, 'in the name of national independence', they'll push to have another Referendum on that subject (.. having said before that the previous such vote was, at minimum, a 'once in a generation' one !). If they vote for their own independence, and let's say having 'got it', they'll then, again 'in the name of independence', immediately try to sign up to the control-freaking EU, complete with its own Parliament, complete with its own diktats and demands on its Members !!!

Scotland will gain 'independence', in order to lose it again, just as soon as it can contrive to !!!

Anyone care to tell me what's wrong with this picture ???!?

Lets put it this way the EU have already seen how devious the Scots leaders are and have told them they wont get in .............

Well, this is the funny thing about them there people in Brexit camp.

"Hey, we'll just do the Norway option" "You do realize the Norway option involves being in the Schengen Zone right" "Oh, no, we'll just do it without the Schengen Zone" "But that's not the Norway option".

Why not we will just make trade treaties that work in our favour and close the doors to anymore immigration. Stop all welfare to those who have not worked in the UK and deport any that show the slightest violence.
You are living in a fantasy world.

Am I, is the latest report showing 800,000 E.U. migrants last year a fantasy then. That is 3 times the actual number admitted by the government, meaning 3 times the strain on our resources. Maybe we should only let them come if they want to go and live in wales.

This scenario has one significant flaw - if the UK or England leave the EU, then London won’t have a right to block Wales’ or Scotland’s joining to the EU.

As far as I can understand, if Brexiters win, then the odds will be very high that a country called the United Kingdom will cede to exist (at least in today’s shape).
It certainly will.

What's fascinating about this scenario is the utter absurdity it contains. So ... the UK leaves the EU, 'disenfranchising' Scotland from the EU at the same time. So, 'in the name of national independence', they'll push to have another Referendum on that subject (.. having said before that the previous such vote was, at minimum, a 'once in a generation' one !). If they vote for their own independence, and let's say having 'got it', they'll then, again 'in the name of independence', immediately try to sign up to the control-freaking EU, complete with its own Parliament, complete with its own diktats and demands on its Members !!!

Scotland will gain 'independence', in order to lose it again, just as soon as it can contrive to !!!

This is basically gibberish.Scotland voted no for several reasons but one of them was the possible difficulty with the rejoining the EU. That being removed they are more than entitled to ask te question again.
Your vision of independence is bizarre.Fundamentally I think it is just about keeping out foreigners but of course you cant do that without signing up to free movement.Just like everybody else.

Who says we cant, as the USA has just passed even more laws controlling who enters their country, do you have the new passport that they will accept.

So much for your claim of we will need to sign up to free movement ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

"Hey, we'll just do the Norway option" "You do realize the Norway option involves being in the Schengen Zone right" "Oh, no, we'll just do it without the Schengen Zone" "But that's not the Norway option".

Why not we will just make trade treaties that work in our favour and close the doors to anymore immigration. Stop all welfare to those who have not worked in the UK and deport any that show the slightest violence.

Am I, is the latest report showing 800,000 E.U. migrants last year a fantasy then. That is 3 times the actual number admitted by the government, meaning 3 times the strain on our resources. Maybe we should only let them come if they want to go and live in wales.

Immigration shouldn't be an issue here.

MOST immigration is coming from OUTSIDE the EU, which means that the UK government is letting them in, not Brussels and the EU.
Those that come in from the EU, well, if sensible welfare was introduced, and things like this, then it also wouldn't be an issue.
So many British people live abroad within the EU, that if they went back to the UK, you'd literally be swapping young workers for old people. Wonderful.

It certainly will.

This is basically gibberish.Scotland voted no for several reasons but one of them was the possible difficulty with the rejoining the EU. That being removed they are more than entitled to ask te question again.
Your vision of independence is bizarre.Fundamentally I think it is just about keeping out foreigners but of course you cant do that without signing up to free movement.Just like everybody else.

My vision of independence might seem bizarre to you, but that's because you view independence itself that way. Maybe difficulty in rejoining the EU was a factor in the last vote, BUT, you're well aware that the UK separating from the EU really WILL get the Scots to press for another Referendum vote. And then, what I've described ... complete with the total absurdity of a nation fighting for 'independence', then fighting tooth and nail to see to it that they lose it again, to the EU, at the earliest opportunity (!!)... will take place.

The SNP are their nationalistic form of Leftie. Of COURSE they want to ally themselves to the EU.

Here's evidence of the SNP's hatred of losing EU membership ... from their own website ....

A Better Scotland

We believe that the Scottish Parliament should have the right to hold another referendum if there is clear and sustained evidence that independence has become the preferred option of a majority of the Scottish people – or if there is a significant and material change in the circumstances that prevailed in 2014, such as Scotland being taken out of the EU against our will.

If Scotland is taken out of the EU 'against its will', why would the SNP then seek another Referendum ? UNLESS they were reacting to losing EU membership ... and WANTED IT BACK ...

More generally ... Tommy, my son, you still haven't told me what your estimate is of TOO MANY immigrants in the UK, given (of course) that our resources are far from infinite. Care to, now .. ?

I ask, because ...

Immigration impact 'underestimated' on UK population, says report

The impact of immigration on Britain’s population has been underestimated by more than 1.3 million, according to a new report.

MigrationWatch UK, which campaigns for tougher immigration laws, said official figures failed to take into account how babies being born to foreign-born mothers were contributing to overall population growth in Britain.

The think-tank also published research showing that without continuing immigration, Britain’s population would start to decline in 27 years’ time.

It means that immigration will account for the whole of Britain’s population rise after 2041 – a potentially fundamental change to society and the country’s general outlook.

At first sight, this makes it look like immigration is good, even a needed, thing. I say ... maybe ... AT THE PROPER TIME. To suffer a burden of uncontrolled immigration for two entire decades, before it's truly needed, will be crippling for us. Even if immigration will have to be encouraged, we still need control over the process now, control which the EU's policies denies us.

So, Tommy, my question still stands. Why aren't you answering it .... ??

Last edited:

MOST immigration is coming from OUTSIDE the EU, which means that the UK government is letting them in, not Brussels and the EU.
Those that come in from the EU, well, if sensible welfare was introduced, and things like this, then it also wouldn't be an issue.
So many British people live abroad within the EU, that if they went back to the UK, you'd literally be swapping young workers for old people. Wonderful.

So even you admit that there's an infrastructure issue, our ability to do what's necessary to cater for those coming in. Besides, welfare has to be paid for. Who does the paying ?

Immigration comes from all parts of the world. Non-EU immigrants can be dealt with according to our own legislation. EU immigrants are NOT, however. The EU denies us a proper say in that.

We do not have full control of our borders, and we won't have, until we get shot of the EU ... fact.

The immigration from outside the EU is around 100,000 a year, not 800,0000 like that from the EU. And most of the EU immigrants are from outside the EU and used the EU as a back door into the UK. The EU stopped the UK from changing existing welfare rules because it would mean fewer migrants wanting to come here.

No as the numbers don't match, and we have the young people to do the jobs. So reduce welfare to a level that would see them living on the breadline and being forced to find employment. Unless they have independent means house them in segregated camps, feed and clothe them and allow them a small amount of money for luxuries like soft toilet paper, sweets, hobbies etc. Give them menial soul destroying work to do to earn their small stipend and watch them fight to get any job to get out of the rut.

It certainly will.

My vision of independence might seem bizarre to you, but that's because you view independence itself that way. Maybe difficulty in rejoining the EU was a factor in the last vote, BUT, you're well aware that the UK separating from the EU really WILL get the Scots to press for another Referendum vote. And then, what I've described ... complete with the total absurdity of a nation fighting for 'independence',then fighting to lose it again, to the EU ... will take place.

The SNP are their nationalistic form of Leftie. Of COURSE they want to ally themselves to the EU.

Here's evidence of the SNP's hatred of losing EU membership ... from their own website ....

A Better Scotland

We believe that the Scottish Parliament should have the right to hold another referendum if there is clear and sustained evidence that independence has become the preferred option of a majority of the Scottish people – or if there is a significant and material change in the circumstances that prevailed in 2014, such as Scotland being taken out of the EU against our will.

If Scotland is taken out of the EU 'against its will', why would the SNP then seek another Referendum ? UNLESS they were reacting to losing EU membership ... and WANTED IT BACK ...

More generally ... Tommy, my son, you still haven't told me what your estimate is of TOO MANY immigrants in the UK, given (of course) that our resources are far from infinite. Care to, now .. ?

I ask, because ...

The impact of immigration on Britain’s population has been underestimated by more than 1.3 million, according to a new report.

MigrationWatch UK, which campaigns for tougher immigration laws, said official figures failed to take into account how babies being born to foreign-born mothers were contributing to overall population growth in Britain.

The think-tank also published research showing that without continuing immigration, Britain’s population would start to decline in 27 years’ time.

It means that immigration will account for the whole of Britain’s population rise after 2041 – a potentially fundamental change to society and the country’s general outlook.

At first sight, this makes it look like immigration is good, even a needed, thing. I say ... maybe ... AT THE PROPER TIME. To suffer a burden of uncontrolled immigration for two entire decades, before it's truly needed, will be crippling for us. Even if immigration will have to be encouraged, we still need control over the process now, control which the EU's policies denies us.

You can change the nation of Scotland for Palestine and see just how close the SNP is to the islamonazi's.

It certainly will.

My vision of independence might seem bizarre to you, but that's because you view independence itself that way. Maybe difficulty in rejoining the EU was a factor in the last vote, BUT, you're well aware that the UK separating from the EU really WILL get the Scots to press for another Referendum vote. And then, what I've described ... complete with the total absurdity of a nation fighting for 'independence',then fighting to lose it again, to the EU ... will take place.

A Better Scotland

I ask, because ...

You can change the nation of Scotland for Palestine and see just how close the SNP is to the islamonazi's.

... with the exception that there's no Hamas Charter equivalent for the SNP, which mandates the demise of the State of Israel ... people supporting Palestine tend to forget that they voted Hamas into power over them .. a terrorist group whose chief reason for being is to kill off a country they disapprove of ...

The immigration from outside the EU is around 100,000 a year, not 800,0000 like that from the EU. And most of the EU immigrants are from outside the EU and used the EU as a back door into the UK. The EU stopped the UK from changing existing welfare rules because it would mean fewer migrants wanting to come here.

No as the numbers don't match, and we have the young people to do the jobs. So reduce welfare to a level that would see them living on the breadline and being forced to find employment. Unless they have independent means house them in segregated camps, feed and clothe them and allow them a small amount of money for luxuries like soft toilet paper, sweets, hobbies etc. Give them menial soul destroying work to do to earn their small stipend and watch them fight to get any job to get out of the rut.

UK migration: What's really happening? - BBC News

_79317641_migration_624_v5.gif

_79366473_eu_migration_624_v7.gif

Two charts from the BBC based on statistics.

2013 there was a net migration to the UK of just over 100,000 people within the EU. I'm not saying this isn't a lot of people, it is.

However in 2013 there was net migration to the UK of 200,000 from the whole world.

So the net migration from outside the EU was about half of all net migration.

In the times of recession these figures were more in favor of non-EU net migration. 2009 was what +60,000 in the EU and +200,000 and more from the rest of the world. So in that year it was more than 3 times high from outside of the EU than inside of the EU.

Figures change. Yes, the numbers should not be so high.

The biggest problem for EU statistics is those that would come back. Many people who live outside of the EU already need visas in order to be able to live or work. Stopping non-EU immigration isn't going to force people to come back.

Census Map: UK-born residents in other EU countries 2011 | The Migration Observatory

Here is a map (that I can't copy and paste) with the countries where UK citizens live within the EU. 300,000 people live in Spain, 169,000 in France, and so on. More than 1 million people.

Imagine if leaving the EU forced many of them to go home. Replacing what would constitute a lot of workers with elderly people might not work.

Also, that net migration of over 100,000 people from outside of the EU, won't change if the UK leaves the EU.

What is needed are laws, from Westminster, to tackle the issue. Leaving the EU won't change this. The UK govt will probably just leave the EU and then set up a similar system to what exists already anyway.

There's nothing to stop that. Cameron doesn't want things to change, Corbyn doesn't want things to change, so why would they change even if the UK leaves the EU?

Telegraph grossly distorts migrant figures - InFacts
Here you go dummy. Caught lying again.

Bank of England warns about recession.
Mark Carney makes momentous intervention on Brexit - FT.com

This is momentous. Mr Carney is not the first influential economist to say that Brexit is a costly move from an economic point of view — indeed almost every influential economist known to the public, and many more who are not, have already issued the same warning.

But the BoE uniquely combines the authority of a venerable government institution with a well-deserved reputation for independence and competence. To top it off, the governor said all the members of the Financial and Monetary Policy Committees agree that Brexit is the greatest risk to the bank’s remit.

The Leave campaign will not be able to swat Mr Carney away as politically biased, as it attempted to do, with some success, with the Treasury’s report on the long-term costs of Brexit to the UK economy last month. It is now fair to say that the debate on the economics has been won by the Remain side.

Still, we might be able to keep out a few "darkies" eh ?

It certainly will.

A Better Scotland

I ask, because ...

... with the exception that there's no Hamas Charter equivalent for the SNP, which mandates the demise of the State of Israel ... people supporting Palestine tend to forget that they voted Hamas into power over them .. a terrorist group whose chief reason for being is to kill off a country they disapprove of ...

If you read it that is the only difference, and shows that Nazi's cant be trusted. And the SNP a Nazi group that wants to kill of England and the English so they can wallow in the glory

Telegraph grossly distorts migrant figures - InFacts
Here you go dummy. Caught lying again.

Don't read the Telegraph, and infacts being a left wing communist outlet is not very trustworthy is it. Unless you are a left wing dummy.......................

From the site

InFacts is a journalistic enterprise making the fact-based case for Britain to remain in the European Union.

VERY BIASED I WOULD SAY

Bank of England warns about recession.
Mark Carney makes momentous intervention on Brexit - FT.com

This is momentous. Mr Carney is not the first influential economist to say that Brexit is a costly move from an economic point of view — indeed almost every influential economist known to the public, and many more who are not, have already issued the same warning.

But the BoE uniquely combines the authority of a venerable government institution with a well-deserved reputation for independence and competence. To top it off, the governor said all the members of the Financial and Monetary Policy Committees agree that Brexit is the greatest risk to the bank’s remit.

The Leave campaign will not be able to swat Mr Carney away as politically biased, as it attempted to do, with some success, with the Treasury’s report on the long-term costs of Brexit to the UK economy last month. It is now fair to say that the debate on the economics has been won by the Remain side.

Still, we might be able to keep out a few "darkies" eh ?

Cant be bad seeing as we are already heading for another world recession, so not very prophetic is he. He already said that the UK will see a turndown in the economy which is why bank rates are being pegged yet again.

It is now fair to say that the debate on the economics has been won by the Remain side.
From that well known Marxist rag - The Financial Times

Forum List

Back