Brexit busted.

I don't think I've ever been so happy. I'm proud of the U.K. For once. Yay!!!!
I guess Tammy stealing flags just wasn't enough. Lol.

The latest is that Wales voted out while Scotland and N.I. voted stay. Fishy is looking at a Scotland only deal with the EU because she knows she is on the ropes.

I don't think I've ever been so happy. I'm proud of the U.K. For once. Yay!!!!
I guess Tammy stealing flags just wasn't enough. Lol.

It's brilliant - isn't it ??

Finally, we have the backbone to think OUR identity, OUR future, is worth fighting for. And we've done it with this vote.

Do try not to be a sore loser, Tommy.

Strange that between the two critical positions, staying or leaving, the difference is so small.
Too bad for England, Europe and unity.

Maybe Europe should have done their research and saw what the people wanted. You watch the £ bounce back over the next week or so when Europe offers the olive branch

Does this mean you think England will continue to negotiate as in the past with Europe, as exceptional and worthy of special treatment?

ci2g26er.jpg

screen%20shot%202016-06-14%20at%2016.03.14.png

There is an incredible theory that a Brexit won't actually happen even if the public votes for it

Media outlets in Britain clearly make up their minds:
image.imgtype.articleLeadwide.620x349.png

Note that the outcome of the referendum is not binding for the parliament. But Cameron promised to adhere to the outcome.
All of those papers are owned by people who do not pay British taxes.

What have we learned?

Roughly 5 years ago I came to the conclusion that the UK would leave the EU. I didn't know when, but I assumed they would for reasons that have not been brought up anywhere in this thread, or any other thread I have been apart of.

So when this referendum came up, I assumed at the very start that they would leave.

However the only news I get on uniquely British affairs, is from the BBC, and SkyNews. Well both of these sources made it seem like Brexit was finished, was done, was a non-starter. The debate was over, and Brexit was busted, like the title of this thread suggests.

Now I never thought the UK would stay in the EU, again for reasons not listed anywhere on this forum that I know of. But I just accepted the mass media's narrative, and assumed THIS vote was to stay.

And what have we learned...?

At 1 AM this morning (6 AM local UK), I was watching SkyNews, when the polls showed 50.1% to 49.9%, and they had one of these "experts" for the Remain Campaign, saying

"Well the votes that are reported, are all the rural areas. The big city populations are pro-remain, and when those votes come in....."

That's when I knew they were talking out of their butt.

Every time you deal with a left-leaning people, they all talk only to other people that all thing the same way they do. Then they simply assume that obviously everyone must think the way they do.

And the media, no matter how hard they try to be neutral, will always have some bias. Always. There is no such thing as 100% non-partisan reporting, because the individual has a world view of their own, and it will always influence what they report.... it might be a small influence, and it might be a MSNBC massive influence, but there is always some amount of influence.

So what did we learn? Don't assume you know what the public thinks. You don't. Especially in a democracy, the mood and opinions change with the wind. And don't trust the media to be the ultimate arbiter of truth. They aren't.

Congratulations to all the britts!! I'm so happy for you!! :beer:
Thank you Freja :beer: I wonder which country will be next?
You're so welcome!!:smiliehug:

I wish Sweden was next... but that's probably wishful thinking. Right now swedish media is talking about this like somebody died.
Only Jimmie Åkesson has expressed happiness over the UK leaving, and that he wants Sweden do vote about it too.
Heh... in this dictatorship they would never allow us to vote.

The country I would guess is next is either Germany or France!

There is an incredible theory that a Brexit won't actually happen even if the public votes for it

Note that the outcome of the referendum is not binding for the parliament. But Cameron promised to adhere to the outcome.

What have we learned?

Roughly 5 years ago I came to the conclusion that the UK would leave the EU. I didn't know when, but I assumed they would for reasons that have not been brought up anywhere in this thread, or any other thread I have been apart of.

So when this referendum came up, I assumed at the very start that they would leave.

However the only news I get on uniquely British affairs, is from the BBC, and SkyNews. Well both of these sources made it seem like Brexit was finished, was done, was a non-starter. The debate was over, and Brexit was busted, like the title of this thread suggests.

Now I never thought the UK would stay in the EU, again for reasons not listed anywhere on this forum that I know of. But I just accepted the mass media's narrative, and assumed THIS vote was to stay.

At 1 AM this morning (6 AM local UK), I was watching SkyNews, when the polls showed 50.1% to 49.9%, and they had one of these "experts" for the Remain Campaign, saying

"Well the votes that are reported, are all the rural areas. The big city populations are pro-remain, and when those votes come in....."

Every time you deal with a left-leaning people, they all talk only to other people that all thing the same way they do. Then they simply assume that obviously everyone must think the way they do.

And the media, no matter how hard they try to be neutral, will always have some bias. Always. There is no such thing as 100% non-partisan reporting, because the individual has a world view of their own, and it will always influence what they report.... it might be a small influence, and it might be a MSNBC massive influence, but there is always some amount of influence.

So what did we learn? Don't assume you know what the public thinks. You don't. Especially in a democracy, the mood and opinions change with the wind. And don't trust the media to be the ultimate arbiter of truth. They aren't.
Honestly, I never expected this referendum to take place at all! It was announced and announced...
I also did not expect the referendum to be allowed to state: OUT.

What have we learned?

Honestly, I never expected this referendum to take place at all! It was announced and announced...
I also did not expect the referendum to be allowed to state: OUT.
Great news.

National sovereignty over rule by a very small elite. Is it any wonder they voted against the EU?

Now...if only the American people could vote down our central state government and make the states sovereign again.

Forum List

Back