Bribery is a loser

I would like to know why you think you are so much better than the rest of us to think you can tell the POTUS how to do his job???
The law tells the POTUS how to do his job. HD violated the law and so now he's being impeached.
and yet again you failed to state what law and how it controls POTUS and what law he broke,,
Liar. I've shown this repeatedly. Here, I'll do it again...

The law...

§30121 Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a) Prohibition

It shall be unlawful for-

(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.
The law prohibits soliciting a foreign national for campaign contributions. Services are contributions. Providing an investigation is providing a service. Taking out a political rival is also a thing of value. And here's Trump soliciting a foreign national for such a campaign contribution...

"The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it..

that would have meaning if it wasnt for the fact the constitution requires POTUS to look into any corruption regardless of who it is,, so running for office doesnt protect you in that case,,,
Oh? Quote where the Constitution states the POTUS is required to look into corruption in Ukraine?? :cuckoo:

Show me where it's prohibited in the Constitution for a sitting President to look into corruption by a US government employee anywhere!

Show me where it's prohibited in the Constitution for a sitting President to look into corruption by a US government employee anywhere!

Except that wasn't what he was doing.

He asked the Ukraine to smear Biden on an issue they considered closed.

I havent seen anything to reply too,,,youve been talking to others,,,
Ok I’ll post it again...

since you are too insecure in your intellect to present a complete argument how about I sum it up and you can correct anything I get wrong...

You think that a phone transcript of Trump asking the Ukraine president to investigate the Biden’s proves that there is a legitimate ongoing investigation into the Biden’s.

did I get that right?

what do you mean by legitimate??
Legitimate means legal and proper.
well its legaland proper for a POTUS to run an investigation out of the oval office,,

I hope that satisfys you???

let me know if I can help you further,,
How exactly does POTUS run an investigation out of the oval? Actually no, forget about that question. Just clarify for me that what you’ve been talking about this whole time is Trump running his own investigation out of the oval into the Biden’s. Is that the point you’ve been trying to make?
from the documents I've seen it was more about the DNC/Ukraine collusion,, until joe shot his mouth off and got himself mixed up into it,,,joe was an after thought,,

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.

With all due respect, Slade..."abuse of office by dealing for personal gain" is as big a loser as "bribery"! Trump was doing what all Presidents do. Why anyone on the left thinks Joe Biden being knocked out of the race is some huge "personal gain" for Trump mystifies me! What is "Hair Plugs" polling at now...fifth? He's been an abysmal candidate who's run for President so often it's become a running joke guessing at what point he'll put his foot in his mouth with an incredibly stupid comment that knocks him out of the race! It's who he is...it's what he does!
i disagree, I think Biden wipes the floor with Trump and I think Trump is very worried.

Ok I’ll post it again...

since you are too insecure in your intellect to present a complete argument how about I sum it up and you can correct anything I get wrong...

You think that a phone transcript of Trump asking the Ukraine president to investigate the Biden’s proves that there is a legitimate ongoing investigation into the Biden’s.

did I get that right?

well its legaland proper for a POTUS to run an investigation out of the oval office,,

How exactly does POTUS run an investigation out of the oval? Actually no, forget about that question. Just clarify for me that what you’ve been talking about this whole time is Trump running his own investigation out of the oval into the Biden’s. Is that the point you’ve been trying to make?
from the documents I've seen it was more about the DNC/Ukraine collusion,, until joe shot his mouth off and got himself mixed up into it,,,joe was an after thought,,
Have you seen documents about a Biden investigation? Or are you just going off the phone call when Trump asked Ukraine to investigate?

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.

With all due respect, Slade..."abuse of office by dealing for personal gain" is as big a loser as "bribery"! Trump was doing what all Presidents do. Why anyone on the left thinks Joe Biden being knocked out of the race is some huge "personal gain" for Trump mystifies me! What is "Hair Plugs" polling at now...fifth? He's been an abysmal candidate who's run for President so often it's become a running joke guessing at what point he'll put his foot in his mouth with an incredibly stupid comment that knocks him out of the race! It's who he is...it's what he does!
i disagree, I think Biden wipes the floor with Trump and I think Trump is very worried.

Come on...Biden has been running for President since the Watergate Hearings, Slade! He ALWAYS does or says something so stupid that people just laugh at him and move on to another candidate. You honestly think Biden has a chance to win the Democratic Primary?

Have you seen documents about a Biden investigation? Or are you just going off the phone call when Trump asked Ukraine to investigate?

the phone call is the confirmation of biden being included in the investigation,,,

the documents show the investigation started well into last yr,,,

Except that wasn't what he was doing.

He asked the Ukraine to smear Biden on an issue they considered closed.

When did Trump ever ask for the Ukrainian President to do anything but investigate the Bidens?

"Trump was doing what all Presidents do."

Bullshit, ya lying con tool. What other president asked another foreign leader to investigate a political rival?

The law tells the POTUS how to do his job. HD violated the law and so now he's being impeached.
and yet again you failed to state what law and how it controls POTUS and what law he broke,,
Liar. I've shown this repeatedly. Here, I'll do it again...

The law...

§30121 Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a) Prohibition

It shall be unlawful for-

(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.
The law prohibits soliciting a foreign national for campaign contributions. Services are contributions. Providing an investigation is providing a service. Taking out a political rival is also a thing of value. And here's Trump soliciting a foreign national for such a campaign contribution...

"The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it..

that would have meaning if it wasnt for the fact the constitution requires POTUS to look into any corruption regardless of who it is,, so running for office doesnt protect you in that case,,,
Oh? Quote where the Constitution states the POTUS is required to look into corruption in Ukraine?? :cuckoo:

A president is Constitutionally authorized to ensure U.S. laws are faithfully executed. It doesn't authorize a president to ensure Ukrainian laws are faithfully executed.

Come on...Biden has been running for President since the Watergate Hearings, Slade! He ALWAYS does or says something so stupid that people just laugh at him and move on to another candidate. You honestly think Biden has a chance to win the Democratic Primary?
yes I do, I think 8 years as VP has given him the credibility he needs to take it.

the phone call is the confirmation of biden being included in the investigation,,,

will post a link to the documents so I can take a look?

will post a link to the documents so I can take a look?
already have,,, many times,,

I agree...
Bribing voters with free stuff is criminal.
is that what you thought I said in my OP? Wow
What YOU intended was not what bribery is.
Define bribery...
Vote for me and I’ll give you X.
Are you being serious? I can’t tell if I should be wasting my time on this
I’m being serious, you’re being childish.
Tell me Dems don’t campaign on offering minorities free stuff and tell me that’s not bribery.

Uh, no, Biden is polling first against all other Democrats...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination

... and first against Trump ...

RealClearPolitics - 2020 - Latest National General Election Polls

"What is "Hair Plugs"..."

LOLOLOLOLOL

Just how fucking rightarded do you have to be to attack Biden's hair when you're a Trump supporter?? You know, the guy who takes a hair-growth drug and dyes his hair blond ... while he spray tans the rest of himself orange .

rotfl-gif.288736

Forum List

Back