Brothers Out for a Sunday Drive in New York

The $64,000 question, what do you do in this situation?

No gun in NYC to hold the pack at bay and protect yourself and your family if necessary.

I'd be tempted to use the SUV as a weapon...but on reflection, that would probably get you put it prison.

So what is the law, is being chased by a gang of thugs and hoodlums on motorcycles (read the comments, this group is well known) rise to the level of "fear for ones life"?

This is what happens where firearms are outlawed for law abiding citizens...might makes right, the largest pack wins.

Why didn't he just stop like he would if he hit anyone else and exchange insurance cards? Seems to me he panicked because they were bikers and or they were black.

That's why it would help to know the whole story, because if they were the ones that started harrassing, or taunting him, then if I were surrounded by dozens of hooligans out for a fight, then if I were with my wife and baby I too would not want to stop.

the $64,000 question, what do you do in this situation?

No gun in nyc to hold the pack at bay and protect yourself and your family if necessary.

I'd be tempted to use the suv as a weapon...but on reflection, that would probably get you put it prison.

So what is the law, is being chased by a gang of thugs and hoodlums on motorcycles (read the comments, this group is well known) rise to the level of "fear for ones life"?

This is what happens where firearms are outlawed for law abiding citizens...might makes right, the largest pack wins.

The civilized are reduced to hope and prayer that they survive long enough to pursue justice under the law.

drive to a police station, if possible.

lol? Wat?

No gun in NYC to hold the pack at bay and protect yourself and your family if necessary.

I'd be tempted to use the SUV as a weapon...but on reflection, that would probably get you put it prison.

Why didn't he just stop like he would if he hit anyone else and exchange insurance cards? Seems to me he panicked because they were bikers and or they were black.

He did stop, watch the video...they go on the attack after his car is surrounded...he drives over the bikes to get away...the chase is on after that.

He did stop, watch the video...they go on the attack after his car is surrounded...he drives over the bikes to get away...the chase is on after that.

It looks like something happened even before he hit the guy and the bikers were PO'd at him now that I looked again.

The civilized are reduced to hope and prayer that they survive long enough to pursue justice under the law.

Drive to a police station, if possible.

I think that was his plan.

I considered this as well, but you can't get anywhere in Manhattan in a car without stopping.

This was his major mistake...getting off the interstate.

On the interstate he didn't have to stop. Call the police and keep driving.

It looks like something happened even before he hit the guy and the bikers were PO'd at him now that I looked again.

Irrelevant IMO.

You can be PO'd, but you can't attack the guy or intentionally damage his property.

Once that line is crossed, the car driver has every right to attempt to escape.

Irrelevant IMO.

You can be PO'd, but you can't attack the guy or intentionally damage his property.

I just dont see anywhere in the video where they mobbed the SUV after he hit the guy. Everybody was just looking at that point. Then he takes off and runs over some of the bikes.

Irrelevant IMO.

I just dont see anywhere in the video where they mobbed the SUV after he hit the guy. Everybody was just looking at that point. Then he takes off and runs over some of the bikes.

The guy with the helmet cam is just too far away to see anything.

But the article claims:

Sources said Lien stopped, but “feared for his safety” as several of the bickering bikers began to damage his SUV.

Lien hit the gas and plowed through at least three motorcycles and struck one rider, breaking his leg, before speeding away, police said.

(Aside) Here's the video for those who haven't seen it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5ukdkgLYYbw]GOPR2900 - YouTube[/ame]

Irrelevant IMO.

You fanatics only see what you are told to see!!
Next you will claim he was an NRA member and deserved to have his baby murdered!

The cops will likely laugh out loud, dip their donuts in their coffees and then look for charges on the folks complaining.

The Yuppie should have though about his responsibilities before thinking he was a tough guy and above average folks because he drove a luxury SUV. The rules of the road are a car length for every ten MPH and twice that when behind a motorcycle.

Getting into a fender bender isn't a reason for a group of people not involved to attack.

They were involved. The guy that got hit was a member of their club.

They're a pack of feral psychos who need to be dealt with using a length of heavy mono-filament stretched across the road at throat height at the bottom of a long hill, or a drum of oil dumped on a tight, high-speed curve.

In my F-350...well, I have 35" tires and a front bull bar. Lock the doors, call 911, haul ass, and run them over as needed. In my Caddy...call 911 and haul ass. It wont' match a zoom-splat, but that car will MOVE...and even the most psychotic biker might think twice after a couple of his buddies get squashed between a K-rail and 5000lbs of steel.

People like this are why my wife keeps a pound of roofing nails in her Blazer's console!

Forum List

Back