Burning Man 2014

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Ever had the desire to go out into the middle of nowhere to attend a festival that will last for 7 days?

th

The town is as close to a ghost town as could exist anywhere. Everything has to be brought in from miles away. All to party and see something like this?

o-RACKEN-570.jpg

And all for $380 per person plus $40 vehicle pass. Raring to go? Read more @ An Exclusive First Look At The Other-Worldly Art Of Burning Man 2014

Ever had the desire to go out into the middle of nowhere to attend a festival that will last for 7 days?

th

The town is as close to a ghost town as could exist anywhere. Everything has to be brought in from miles away. All to party and see something like this?

o-RACKEN-570.jpg

And all for $380 per person plus $40 vehicle pass. Raring to go? Read more @ An Exclusive First Look At The Other-Worldly Art Of Burning Man 2014

There is no TOWN. It is flat playa and the 'burners' do indeed bring everything they need to live there for the week. For that week the playa becomes the fifth largest town in Nevada.

Tens of millions in revenue for Nevada and naked women!

EDC in Vegas generated over $500 million in three days and naked women!

As hot as it is in Nevada this time of year, of course they be naked...

A bunch of GUYS, and yes all male GUYS, with whom I work go to Burning Man each year.

From the tales of their exploits, it sounds perfectly hideous: hot, dusty, dry, with a bunch of drugged out gross people.

No thank you.

A bunch of GUYS, and yes all male GUYS, with whom I work go to Burning Man each year.

From the tales of their exploits, it sounds perfectly hideous: hot, dusty, dry, with a bunch of drugged out gross people.

No thank you.

Depends. When I went I stayed in the 'rich' area. Million dollar motor homes that were serviced. A number of silicon valley millionaires go each year.

There were no more 'drugged out gross people' than a typical Republican National Convention.

You are an idiot.

Thats your typical brilliant rw come back. :eusa_hand: Can't think of anything better? :eusa_eh:

Besides, you're basing your opinion of an event on hearsay. Know what that makes you? :eusa_whistle:

YOU GUESSED IT!!! :up: An idiot!!! :eusa_clap:

Last edited:
I'm speaking to the moron in language it will understand.

Hahhahhaaa ~ I have plans on going this year. I'm nervous about comitting. The Burners I'm going with have been for the past 10 years. It's serious stuff for them. They've had a huge Art Car and set up a Playa Camp. My GF is Begging me to go. She bought a golf cart to get around in just for burning man. Reading this thread makes me even more non-committal....

Hahhahhaaa ~ I have plans on going this year. I'm nervous about comitting. The Burners I'm going with have been for the past 10 years. It's serious stuff for them. They've had a huge Art Car and set up a Playa Camp. My GF is Begging me to go. She bought a golf cart to get around in just for burning man. Reading this thread makes me even more non-committal....

Go, you'll love it. Just realize it IS a small town, whatever you want to find you can. Both the good and the bad. I haven't been for years now but it was always a blast.

That's exactly what she said. She says were with a great group that have all been there many times. They have it totally set up...After 10 years they know what's going on. She also lives nearby. She keeps calling me wanting to know if I've bought my ticket. I know that if I don't go I will be kicking myself in the ass for the rest of my life.....I'll most likely be going to Burning Man...I'll be the chick singing the blues playing a ukelele:lol::lol:

No thank you.

Sounds a bit too "Wiccanish" for me.

Go, you'll love it. Just realize it IS a small town, whatever you want to find you can. Both the good and the bad. I haven't been for years now but it was always a blast.

i went years ago before this was even a big deal. its pretty cool

Sounds like a festival for the Occupy Wall Street crowd. ..... :cuckoo:

There will be some of them, but for the most part there's too much work just staying hydrated so the occupy types tend to stay away. It's mainly counterculture hippies and artists. Some wiccans and some celebs who fly in and engage in debauchery before flying away.

Forum List

Back