Business forced to pay make-up and hair care expenses for female workers.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
No one put a gun to their head. They took the job and knew what the pay was and NOW they say it wasn't enough!!!

Jets to pay $324K to settle cheerleaders' wage lawsuit | Fox News

nov 27 2016 HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) The New York Jets have agreed to pay nearly $324,000 to settle a class-action lawsuit filed by cheerleaders over wages.

The suit was filed in Bergen County, New Jersey, where the NFL team plays.

The 52 women said they were paid $150 per game and issued uniforms. But they said they were not paid for practices and other work and were forced to pay for their makeup, hair care and transportation.

The team denied the claims but earlier said it agreed to settle to avoid the expense and distraction of litigation.

$150 per game, and they had to pay for their own transportation, hair and makeup? Well that's what they get for deciding to work for the fucking Jets :rofl:

No one put a gun to their head. They took the job and knew what the pay was and NOW they say it wasn't enough!!!

nov 27 2016 HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) The New York Jets have agreed to pay nearly $324,000 to settle a class-action lawsuit filed by cheerleaders over wages.

The 52 women said they were paid $150 per game and issued uniforms. But they said they were not paid for practices and other work and were forced to pay for their makeup, hair care and transportation.

The team denied the claims but earlier said it agreed to settle to avoid the expense and distraction of litigation.
Anyone surprised to see the NFL underpay women?

Anyone surprised to see the NFL underpay women?

Underpaid???? Do you believe in the market for wages?? Because you can find 10,000 beautiful women who can dance who would be an NFL cheerleader for free and the quality of what we see wouldn't change.

I do however agree with the girls on this. They typically mandate a weight and appearance and they should be compensated for what they spend on it. It's also a tax deduction.

I agree with you there. If they don't like it, renegotiate their wages or conditions. When I worked in an office, I was required to wear a full suit (which I had to pay for myself).

The problem the girls face is how replaceable they are.

Face it....lots of chicks would be an NFL cheerleader for free just for the prestige or glamour of it. It's a huge resume booster.

Think about it. A CEO of a company is interviewing the final 3 candidates to be his assistant. One is some 45 year old fat white dude with a degree and 10 years experience. One is a 37 year old woman with a degree and 5 years experience.

The 3rd is a 28 year old woman with a degree and 3 years experience....and is a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader.

That chick is automatically in the hunt for that job even against the far more experienced candidates.

Just a fact of life.

T and A ain't free, keep that in mind.

For every hour on the playing field it takes two to three hours of Practice.... they ain't getting paid enough...period.

and paying for transportation....does that mean paying their own airfare to the away games??? Wow, they should not have to pay transport to any away games.... hope that is not what it means?

For every hour on the playing field it takes two to three hours of Practice.... they ain't getting paid enough...period.

and paying for transportation....does that mean paying their own airfare to the away games??? Wow, they should not have to pay transport to any away games.... hope that is not what it means?

It's a glamor part time job they dont make a living off it.
When I was a ball boy for the Houston Rockets we got paid five bucks a game and I would have done it for free.
Hell,everyone I knew would have paid to have the job.

When I was a ball boy for the Houston Rockets we got paid five bucks a game and I would have done it for free.
that does not negate spending 2 to 3 hours for every hour on the playing field at practice.... they are getting paid less than minimum wage, and that is bull crap.....

And no, not every woman is coordinated enough to do the job well.... they may have 'looks'' but not always the coordination....

if the cheerleaders were crapola, fans would complain...

that does not negate spending 2 to 3 hours for every hour on the playing field at practice.... they are getting paid less than minimum wage, and that is bull crap.....

Then I suggest they quit and get their egos stroked somewhere else.
There are plenty of air headed bimbos out there that will gladly take the job.

This isn't a joke. I knew a bank teller woman and their dress code demanded high-end clothing, shoes, makeup and "a certain appearance" to fall in line with that. They allowed new employees to borrow up to $5,000 to outfit themselves to fit the job but they had to pay it back with interest docked out of their pay. Which of course is bullshit. What it means is that its a form of indentured servitude...ie: a form of slavery. You get in debt to your employer the minute you show up. They also had to maintain the wardrobe over time. Things get stained, ripped, frayed in the wash...shoes scuffed. She finally figured out that it was costing her more to work there (they payed her $15/hour to do all the teller work, loans, new accounts etc. etc. and expected the wardrobe to be paid for her). It all worked out though because for being an exemplary employee (she truly was one of their best, most liked) she got a $5 gift certificate for a coffee shop for her Christmas bonus...

This, by the way, is an absolutely true story. And their area manager told them at a meeting one day that if they started complaining, soon they would all be replaced by automated tellers on the line anyway... This is the state of jobs in the US. And, what's wrong with our economy. This bank was making a FORTUNE and its top brass was treating the real ponies towing the load like slaves. Literally, like slaves. Between taxes, gas to and from work, stress related illness from the responsibilities/low pay issue exacerbating outside stress in her life, the wardrobe and the makeup, this woman figured at the end of the day she was making about $8/hour while towing the responsibilities of someone who required a minor degree in law to process the numerous, shifting and detailed accounting and forms for loans etc. etc. etc. So the next question is, why go to college for law if banks etc. are hiring quasi-lawyers at shit wages to replace you like McDonald's fry cooks?

Gee whiz. When did hair products and make up because something that can't be lived without? I don't wear make up or use hair spray and I do just fine.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back