Businessmen Must Be Permitted to Bring Skilled Foreign Workers To The U.S.

I'm beginning to understand you a little, I think. The recession gutted the middle class, though, didn't it? Obama's efforts didn't bring it back. Now Trump is trying something totally different. Maybe it will work?

I don't see how, look who he's gathered around him; the same folks Bush did, the same folks Obama did, the same folks Hilary would have. The Goldman Sachs and Wall Street crowd run the economy. It was not merely this past recession although that was a terrific blow. But again, this rerigging of the economic system is a half century on now and the effects are cumulative over time. And it has all been utterly bipartisan.
It might be the same type of people in Trump's Admin but they'll be working for Trump to benefit the people, not robbing the country blind like BHO did. When Republicans and Conservatives start protesting Trump, he'll bow to their will, toot sweet. Campaign promises, y'know.

You poor sod.

I heard on the news last night that the IT support workers at UCal have been laid off and UCal admits it is outsourcing those jobs to India because it will cut their costs by 75% We have people with the skills, but in this country (particularly in California) you can't survive on a 75% wage cut. They've got us over a barrel.
They had us over a barrel, then Sir Donald came to the rescue.
I don't think he can fix this, Hossfly.

He has a 'bully pulpit' to work with and can provide national leadership. Nobody who voted for him expects him to do it all by himself, we know the limits of the office, but we also know it strengths and importance in foreign policy, too. We all knew both the DNC and the RNC would be laying mines for him, stabbing him the back, sabotaging his policy moves; he knows that, too, and making the most of it. He can air a lot of dirty laundry and toss gasoline on the fire.

. When Republicans and Conservatives start protesting Trump, he'll bow to their will, toot sweet. Campaign promises, y'know.

Well, I certainly hope that doesn't happen, either; they are part of the problem as well.

.GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving is deeply concerned technology based businesses will soon be unable to hire the highly skilled immigrants to do the difficult jobs for which there are too few qualified Americans to fill. He fears the foreign workers barred from the U.S. will choose to stay home and set up Silicon Valleys in their own countries..
This problem is real.

But that's what we get when we churn out kids who are more concerned with social justice classes and feelings and safe spaces and triggers and micro-aggressions, than with leaving college prepared to lead the way in tech and other areas. And, of course, "adults" who are all too happy to enable them and use them for political advantage.

Self-inflicted wound. Tough shit.

I heard on the news last night that the IT support workers at UCal have been laid off and UCal admits it is outsourcing those jobs to India because it will cut their costs by 75% We have people with the skills, but in this country (particularly in California) you can't survive on a 75% wage cut. They've got us over a barrel.

This is how the power structure enforces their will upon the masses. We're not really free, never have been. We are all enslaved to an economic system that serves only a handful of entitled folk at the top, and the political system is there to serve the economic system. Over a barrel is where they want us, and we assist them in this endeavor by self dividing into subgroups at civil war with one another. The entire perceptual reality pushed by the corporate state media is one of fear, anxiety, division, and hatred. The masses must be kept incoherent, confused and in fear not only of a boogeyman abroad but also of losing their own economic security.
I dunno, Fenton. We are a capitalist country so the Boss has always had the upper hand. That is the system we choose to live with. Of course the Boss controls us. We need to eat, therefore we work. The Boss determines when and for how much. As the USSR/Russia can attest, communism didn't cut it economically. Venezuela, Cuba, even China, a lot of countries have learned the hard way that if you want to be a wealthy nation, you have to give human greed a little room to operate. Politely, we call that freedom for initiative. Motivation to work hard. Whatever.
The Boss will always be the rich one. Before democracy it was the nobility that was rich. We got rid of them and the capitalists got rich. It is inevitable if you want to compete in the real world.

" Before democracy it was the nobility that was rich. We got rid of them and the capitalists got rich. It is inevitable if you want to compete in the real world."

It is the nobility who has become rich again and "the people" have no voice at all in this economic system. We may indeed call it by a different name, but we have wound up in the same place, and this is a result of the rerigging of the economic system over the past half century.

I get what you're saying, and I agree, but where we are at now does not lend itself to a healthy and sustainable society. Look anywhere around the globe. Anywhere you find this level of wealth disparity across a society you find an economy that serves only a few at the top and poverty at the other extreme. And anywhere across the globe you find these conditions you will find unrest in the streets.

We cannot float an economy based upon mass consumption sans a middle class, and we don't have a vibrant middle class because most of the wealth generated in america now is financial sector voodoo; the generation of wealth via the creation of more debt.

The power structure knows full well it is on shaky ground. Authoritarian systems always are, by definition. That is why police depts have militarized, why citizens may now be detained without cause, and why we have a privatized for profit legal system complete with privatized for profit prisons where corporate power can now turn $40-50K per year per hominid.

That not all are on the same ledger economically is not the problem, that we have returned to a high tech low profile form of feudalism is in my view.
this is a result of the rerigging of the economic system over the past half century.
What happened 50 years ago, Fenton? The 1960's, 1970's, was it? I don't know much about economics but besides Clinton doing whatever he did to allow all the major media to be bought by six corporations, what else happened? Keep it really simple, please.

The first thing you have to consider is what skills foreign workers have that American workers don't have. My guess is that there is no such issue but if there was wouldn't it be about time to educate American workers instead of producing cookie cutter generations of high school grads.who don't know much more than putting a condom on a banana.

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving is deeply concerned technology based businesses will soon be unable to hire the highly skilled immigrants to do the difficult jobs for which there are too few qualified Americans to fill. He fears the foreign workers barred from the U.S. will choose to stay home and set up Silicon Valleys in their own countries.

Irving cannot be alone in his concerns, and they are justified. Trump’s cluelessness and eagerness to be dictator are now joining to do what Trump claims will protect American jobs. But his commandment to change the H-1B visa program will do nothing other than f*ck with companies’ profits (which is totally contrary to the GOP’s agenda). He doesn’t understand that most Americans are too stupid to fill these jobs highly technical jobs. However, Trump’s lack of understanding comes as no surprise to people of reason.

The fact is, the U. S. education system simply cannot produce the number of skilled graduates necessary for today’s technologically advancing world, and the conservatives’ well know hatred of education and educated people has been the major cause of this problem.

Conservatives’ influence on government at the federal and state levels have made it possible for school boards to withhold from students, any information that they worry, contradicts Christian dogma. This seriously diminishes the quality and accuracy of subject matter taught to students in those districts. In these schools, empirical data that has been gathered for decades by the scientific community is replaced with fantasy and fairy tales. Sadly, math and science, the two subjects most important to U.S. businesses’ and workers’ ability to remain competitive in the global world of technology, take a distant back seat to these Christian fantasies and fairy tales.

Unfortunately, it is the goal of these schools to destroy their students’ ability for analytical thinking. This is an excellent method to create conservatives, but is totally worthless to produce adult workers with the knowledge needed for the United States to remain competitive in 21st century technology.

In addition to their hatred of education and educated people, conservative voters are famous for their failure to think beyond the tips of their noses. This includes business owners and managing executives of many companies. They were so eager to elect a Republican president, they didn’t consider the impact of Trump’s outlandish policy changes posed to their own lives and business situations.

For companies that must seek skilled workers outside the U.S. this typical right wing short-sightedness is coming back to bite many of them in the butt.

Before you Trump voters respond, babbling your mindless BS that proves your complete ignorance, read the article at the link below. You will see the CEO of GoDaddy, Blake Irving stated, " ‘We do not produce enough technically qualified candidates in this country. You can't take an 18-month training program and produce a machine-learning scientist.’ "

Of course, right-wingers will pay no attention to the warning paragraph above. As we have read in nearly all threads, conservatives believe, though quite mistakenly, that they know more than experts in any and all subjects. So they will naturally believe they know more than Mr. Irving about the availability of technologically skilled U.S. workers.

GoDaddy CEO: If we can't hire skilled immigrants, they'll set up their own Silicon Valleys in their home countries

1. I can't feel sorry for these morons. Kids goto college here to learn high-tech jobs then after a few years & massive education debt they get replaced by foreigners. Often times they have to train their replacements.
2. You want high skilled workers in America? Stop teaching them social justice bullshit in school & actually train them for a future career.
Our problem isn't lack of workers, our problem is an outdated educational system.

1. Well well well........... Before Trump entered politics unanimously Americans hate hiring foreign H1B workers. Then suddenly this is acceptable when they found out that Trump hired foreign workers and even after the election he still hire foreign workers. H1B is a direct threat to Americans high paying jobs.
2. That is incorrect. (A) Then explain why foreign students comes to US to get educated compared with other countries. Then they become elites when they decided stay here or go back to their countries. (B). Then explain why we still produce the highest numbers of rich people compared to other countries.

Here in US our kids tells us what they want when they go to college which is alway been our traditions. That is good and bad. However kids are now so spoiled and different that they take the easy way. Three years in college still don't know what they want. Then lots of them takes these bullshit majors that you cannot get a high paying jobs. I have several of these kids like major in drama, music, archeologists etc working together with high schoolers and minorities making $16. So it's NOT the educational system.

Here is the big difference comparing us to foreign countries especially in ME and Asia ................ Most or all will tell their kids what is good for them and what they need to take *NOT* what the kids want. Normally whatever what are in demand like computers science, nurse, doctors, engineering etc. This is why they are producing tons and tons of these IT, nurses and engineers ......... Then they pray to god hoping that they make it here to America.

Just an update............ I have total of 14 or so employees with bullshit majors. I feel sorry for these kids and I'm sure they all have massive student loans. Most of them work as a clerk or in warehouse.

Forum List

Back