California ordered to remove 1.5 million voters from the books.

People die and people move and their names stay on the rolls because there is no good system to remove them. This doesn’t mean that illegal votes are being cast like Trump has implied. I’m not seeing what the big deal is here
States across the country are being forced to update their voter rolls............via Legal Action.

It's the State's job to do so....................To keep it honest.

Truth the Vote has also done the same. An org targeted by the IRS under Obama.

Ho hum
That’s fine, the rolls should be cleaned up and closely managed. I’m still not seeing where the stink is here
The problem is every time a State cleans up its rolls and removes names the democrats have a fit and claim voter suppression. It is a FEDERAL law to removes names.
Is that because they think it makes it harder for poor people to vote by making them reregister?
No it is required to keep the rolls accurate and remove inactive voters to avoid fraud and problems.
You understand that an inactive voter registration by definition has not been voting, right?

States across the country are being forced to update their voter rolls............via Legal Action.

Ho hum
That’s fine, the rolls should be cleaned up and closely managed. I’m still not seeing where the stink is here
The problem is every time a State cleans up its rolls and removes names the democrats have a fit and claim voter suppression. It is a FEDERAL law to removes names.
Is that because they think it makes it harder for poor people to vote by making them reregister?
No it is required to keep the rolls accurate and remove inactive voters to avoid fraud and problems.
You understand that an inactive voter registration by definition has not been voting, right?
Then why the hell did the Dems fight tooth and nail to stop having to fix it. ...........hmmm

Explain why they had to be forced..........Not only that the Supreme Court fight on the same issue...........

Dems LOST............good.

Ho hum

You understand that if a person who wants to cast a fraudulent vote can use that name in the future to do so, right?

Then why the hell did the Dems fight tooth and nail to stop having to fix it. ...........hmmm

Explain why they had to be forced..........Not only that the Supreme Court fight on the same issue...........

So, do you not understand the word "inactive"?

You understand that if a person who wants to cast a fraudulent vote can use that name in the future to do so, right?
How would they find it?

Sure do ............Now it's gonna be PERMANENT inactive unless they show up to register again.

Or perhaps you can keep 125% registered of the population there .........so if you need a few votes........You can harvest dead people.

It's the LAW to update it...............passed by dems as already shown in this thread............The Supreme Court has ruled on this......Don't vote in 2 cycles and YOU ARE OUT.

Too dang bad.

Sure do ............Now it's gonna be PERMANENT inactive unless they show up to register again.

Or perhaps you can keep 125% registered of the population there .........so if you need a few votes........You can harvest dead people.

It's the LAW to update it...............passed by dems as already shown in this thread............The Supreme Court has ruled on this......Don't vote in 2 cycles and YOU ARE OUT.

Too dang bad.
Too dang bad?

Why would I care of inactive registrations get purged as long as this isn't used as a tactic to remove actual voters?

How would they find it?

Could be a friend, a neighbor, a deceased family member, anything.

You do know they post obituaries in the local papers, don't you?

In our state, all you need is to present a utility bill to vote. With my ten year old Apple computer, and my $68.00 printer, I can scan a utility bill, change the name and address, print it out, and take that to the polls to vote. Nobody would know the difference.

However, if deceased people are removed from the voter rolls, I wouldn't be able to do that.

Too dang bad.
Too dang bad?

Why would I care of inactive registrations get purged as long as this isn't used as a tactic to remove actual voters?
Liberals it's always about me.............hmmmm

This is directed at the Democratic Party Leaders and their lawyers who fought tooth and nail to stop it.

Perhaps you should contact them and ask them why they are being dumbasses if you agree with them taken off the rolls.

How would they find it?

In our state, all you need is to present a utility bill to vote. With my ten year old Apple computer, and my $68.00 printer, I can scan a utility bill, change the name and address, print it out, and take that to the polls to vote. Nobody would know the difference.

However, if deceased people are removed from the voter rolls, I wouldn't be able to do that.
Is there any evidence anyone is doing that?

Too dang bad.
Too dang bad?

This is directed at the Democratic Party Leaders and their lawyers who fought tooth and nail to stop it.

Perhaps you should contact them and ask them why they are being dumbasses if you agree with them taken off the rolls.
Maybe you should.

I don't care.

California loses against Judicial Watch and in a settlement agreement is Removing 1.5 million voters from the voter registration due to inactivity.

More details at Judicial Watch.

California Begins Massive Voter Roll Clean-Up – Notifies Up to 1.5 Million ‘Inactive’ Voters as Part of Judicial Watch Lawsuit Settlement - Judicial Watch

Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it has been informed that Los Angeles County has sent notices to as many as 1.5 million inactive voters on its voter rolls. This mailing is a step toward removing the names of voters who have moved, died, or are otherwise ineligible to vote. The massive mailing is the result of a settlement agreement with Judicial Watch requiring the County to remove as many as 1.5 million inactive registrations. In addition, the California secretary of state has alerted other California counties to clean up their voter registration lists to comply with the federal National Voter Registration Act (NVRA), as the secretary promised to do in that same settlement agreement.

All of this is the result of a federal lawsuit Judicial Watch filed in 2017 to force the cleanup of Los Angeles County’s voter rolls (Judicial Watch, Inc., et al. v. Dean C. Logan, et al. (No. 2:17-cv-08948)). Judicial Watch sued on its own behalf and on behalf of Wolfgang Kupka, Rhue Guyant, Jerry Griffin, and Delores M. Mars, who are lawfully registered voters in Los Angeles County. Judicial Watch was joined in this lawsuit by Election Integrity Project California, Inc., a public interest group that has long been involved in monitoring California’s voter rolls.

Under the terms of the settlement agreement, voters who do not respond to the notices sent by the county and who do not vote in the next two federal elections must be removed from the voting rolls. Secretary Padilla also agreed to update the state’s online NVRA manual in order to make clear that ineligible names must be removed and to notify each California county that they are obliged to do this. On April 11, Secretary Padilla notified Judicial Watch that this part of the settlement agreement had been implemented.

There goes half of the "popular vote" advantage the Stalinists have.

How would they find it?

Is there any evidence anyone is doing that?

No, but there is no evidence that people speed on the highway unless you have a cop there taking laser to prevent it.

Now if you're asking about voter fraud, yes, I have a folder of links if you want to see them. But unless you make such a request, I'll just give you the latest one I collected:

Over 1,000 Noncitizens Found on Voter Rolls in Virginia

Too dang bad.
Too dang bad?

Maybe you should.

I don't care.
I know you don't...........same as you probably don't care that the illegals are flooding our country using loopholes.

You probably don't care that California has put in a voting system that will almost certainly be capable of massive fraud.

You probably don't care that illegals count on the Census because of the citizenship question....which will give a higher population and possibly more reps to Congress after 2020.

You don't care because it gives Dems advantage no matter how slimy the tactics are.........

We have known that for a long time. Crystal clear now.

People die and people move and their names stay on the rolls because there is no good system to remove them. This doesn’t mean that illegal votes are being cast like Trump has implied. I’m not seeing what the big deal is here

Democrats go to court and fight tooth and nail not to remove them. The main source of voter fraud the democrats engage in is proxy voting, having illegals vote for democrats under these names.

You Stalinists crowed about how Hillary had more popular votes than Trump.

There's half of them right there.

Without voter fraud, you Communists will never win another election - and we ALL know it.

Without voter fraud, you Communists will never win another election - and we ALL know it

Of course they know it. Now that the right is clamping down on fraud, they are looking for more ways to cheat elections.

Recently they have suggested lowering the voter age to 16; more politically ignorant people at the voting booth who are indoctrinated by their public school. Now more and more liberal states are allowing felons to vote. Also, liberal states are bypassing the electoral college by giving their EC votes to the popular vote instead of their own citizens. And of course, their ushering in of illegals to the country.

Democrats go to court and fight tooth and nail not to remove them. The main source of voter fraud the democrats engage in is proxy voting, having illegals vote for democrats under these names.

Without voter fraud, you Communists will never win another election - and we ALL know it.
Riiiiiiiight. Didn’t Trump start a voter fraud commission that came up with nada?

Riiiiiiiight. Didn’t Trump start a voter fraud commission that came up with nada?

Looks like Judicial watch came up with quite a bit, and just shut you Communists down. More to come.

Looks like Judicial watch came up with quite a bit, and just shut you Communists down. More to come.
What exactly do you think JW came up with that proves illegal voting?

Ho hum

That’s because the red states, and True the Vote delete names without notification or verification.

Note that California has NOT been ordered to delete any names so your thread title is a lie. They have been ordered to verify the voting roll for inactive voters. The first step is to send notifications to all those people who are listed but not voting and ask them to confirm residency.

What they are NOT doing, is just arbitrarily deleting names from the voting record like red states have done and which gets True the Vote into all sorts of voting rights trouble.
Which is in the articles and proofs in this thread.

Why haven't they updated voter rolls in decades.

We all know why............your side just will not admit it. As your side tries to count the illegals in the Census for reps in Congress.

Dems are Dirty. Always been that way.

Takes a court order to do what should have already been done.

All voter rolls in all states are out of date. Your patchwork quilt of voter laws has lead to this mess, since there is no uniform method or requirement for registration from state to state. There is no co-ordination of voter records. It's a paper system in an electronic digital age.

In Canada, our voter rolls are tied to tax filing. If you are a citizen, your name is added to the voter rolls when you file your taxes. When you die, there is a Canada Pension Plan Death Benefit which is enough to pay for a modest funeral, and when you family applies, your name is stricken from the voter rolls.

There are other ways of getting on the voter rolls, if you don't file your taxes. When I moved from the city, I took my utility bills as proof of residence, along with my birth certificate, to the polling station and was immediately given a ballot. The question becomes.

Forum List

Back