California Vows To Fight Trump's Cutting Funding of Sanctuary Cities

If Congress allocated the money and the executive signed off on it….I’m not certain how the executive can come back years later and say, “no”.

But hey, that was the system before the GOP took over; you know, a Republic.

Think about what you just said. We are talking about this year's money and you're saying it was agreed to by a past congress and a past President. So?

The prior owners of your house agreed to have your living room painted bright orange, so you had no right to change the color, you're going to have to pant it back to the correct color

Using your example. If the agreement worked out in 2016 is that the feds will pay to have the house painted again in 2018 and money was promised by the Congress and signed off by the Executive…cutting the funds off in 2017 seems to be usurping Congressional Authority.

The prior owners didn't leave you any money to paint your living room orange. They just told you to do it, so no, it means shit

Well, okay, but the agreement was it would be there in 2018. See you in court. Meanwhile, the funding will be re-instated during deliberations due to the agreement. By the time it’s over 2019, you’ve wasted your money and my living room is whatever color I want.

Thanks for playing.

im glad i got out of there....there are things the State did i can defend and there are things i cant,this is one i cant.....
Many years ago we had to drive through part of Cal.. I used to take a couple of Dramamine, crawl into the backseat and ask my business partner to wake me when we got to Reno.
I HATE the stinking 'Birdcage on steroids' shithole!
Anyone at this point who believes President Trump isn't going to outlaw S.C.s is fucking delusional.
He means it!

When the water company cuts off your water because you refuse to pay the bill, how exactly do you 'fight them' ... aside from getting mad, calling them up and complaining, begging, and then finally comply and pay your bill?

This will be fun to watch....

California Lawmakers Vow To Fight Trump On ALL Immigration Plans

"California Democratic state senators are infuriated over numerous immigration mandates handed down by President Donald Trump Wednesday, and promise to fight back with a pair of laws designed to thwart any deportations."

Didn't California just recently come out and admit they 'forgot' to add something like $1.3+ Trillion in debt on their 'books'...and they are going to enact legislation to fight the trump administration's laws / mandates so they can keep the illegals who were the majority cause of their $1+ trillion debt....

Ok. Have fun with that!

Good morning Easy and all, Weatherman had this thread last night . If someone was here illegally they either need to start becoming an American or go back and re-enter legally..My Great Grandparents came in legally in 1880

California will do just fine on our own...so let Trump flex his Flabby Arm...
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Cal. have actually manufacture something the rest of the world will buy before it "does just fine"?
Crappy sombreros and imitation crabmeat is not going to cut it.

If Congress allocated the money and the executive signed off on it….I’m not certain how the executive can come back years later and say, “no”.

Think about what you just said. We are talking about this year's money and you're saying it was agreed to by a past congress and a past President. So?

The prior owners of your house agreed to have your living room painted bright orange, so you had no right to change the color, you're going to have to pant it back to the correct color

Using your example. If the agreement worked out in 2016 is that the feds will pay to have the house painted again in 2018 and money was promised by the Congress and signed off by the Executive…cutting the funds off in 2017 seems to be usurping Congressional Authority.
Congress has no power over the next Congress.
It's just a game they play by cutting funds in future years and saying they are reducing spending when in fact the next years Congress can do whatever they please.

Yes…Congress can.

The executive? No. The executive can not sign the budget for next FY but stopping money in the pipeline? No.

Explain how sanctuary cities can violate federal law, but they cannot be denied money that was allocated to them?

Once again you're contradictory, the law can be ignored, the law can't be ignored, that's what you're arguing

It's just a game they play by cutting funds in future years and saying they are reducing spending when in fact the next years Congress can do whatever they please.

Yes…Congress can.

The executive? No. The executive can not sign the budget for next FY but stopping money in the pipeline? No.

Explain how sanctuary cities can violate federal law, but they cannot be denied money that was allocated to them?

Once again you're contradictory, the law can be ignored, the law can't be ignored, that's what you're arguing
SCOTUS has already ruled Congress has the authority to cut funding to cities and states

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
When the water company cuts off your water because you refuse to pay the bill, how exactly do you 'fight them' ... aside from getting mad, calling them up and complaining, begging, and then finally comply and pay your bill?

This will be fun to watch....

California Lawmakers Vow To Fight Trump On ALL Immigration Plans

"California Democratic state senators are infuriated over numerous immigration mandates handed down by President Donald Trump Wednesday, and promise to fight back with a pair of laws designed to thwart any deportations."

Didn't California just recently come out and admit they 'forgot' to add something like $1.3+ Trillion in debt on their 'books'...and they are going to enact legislation to fight the trump administration's laws / mandates so they can keep the illegals who were the majority cause of their $1+ trillion debt....

Ok. Have fun with that!
8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

The prior owners didn't leave you any money to paint your living room orange. They just told you to do it, so no, it means shit

Well, okay, but the agreement was it would be there in 2018. See you in court. Meanwhile, the funding will be re-instated during deliberations due to the agreement. By the time it’s over 2019, you’ve wasted your money and my living room is whatever color I want.

Thanks for playing.

There was no "agreement" between the current congress and the former congress. So your analogy falls apart right there

Yes…Congress can.

Every budget covers 365 days. Period. If the next Congress decides to not fund something, it does not get funded no matter what previous Congresses said.

Thanks for playing.

There was no "agreement" between the current congress and the former congress. So your analogy falls apart right there

Agreement from the local folks and the DOT.

Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) - Safety | Federal Highway Administration

Yes…Congress can.

Every budget covers 365 days. Period. If the next Congress decides to not fund something, it does not get funded no matter what previous Congresses said.

True.

In South Dakota v. Dole, the Supreme Court ruled in 1987 on Congress using highway funds to enforce a national drinking age, upheld past case law that federal grant restrictions may not pass muster "if they are unrelated 'to the federal interest in particular national projects or programs,'" and most also be to promote "general welfare."

just right wing propaganda. we merely need to tax the rich more.
Since climate change threatens all of our coasts, a 20% surtax should be placed on all people living in coastal cities in California. LA and SF primarily.

Did you know that it is because of Penguin farts we are having any problems with climate change...? lol

Actually the laws for California are much strighter than some mid western areas....I noticed that when I was in the midwest this last s
If someone was here illegally they either need to start becoming an American or go back and re-enter legally..My Great Grandparents came in legally in 1980 California will do just fine on our own...so let Trump flex his Flabby Arm...

As pointed out, California can not sustain itself fiscally so exactly how will California 'do fine on its own'?

The ones crying in the country better wake up and see who is paying their way

20-richest-cities-in-u-s-map.png

San Jose, California – the epicenter of Silicon Valley – has become the wealthiest metropolitan area in the country. The reason for its growth is attributed to the shift in skilled labor to Silicon Valley and the tech boom. ( Bloomberg )

We will do just fine...
You moron!
India and China now have their own Silicon Valleys.
There's ONE in the US. There's hundreds throughout Asia.
The irony is you can now buy better quality computer tech. from China than what Silicon Valley is turning out.
Take a 'deep dive' into who is leaving Silicone Valley.
Moving vans headed to retirement ranches/mansions in Colorado are lined up in Silicon Valley neighborhoods. These are the really smart people. They are selling out and moving their millions out of Cal.

Since climate change threatens all of our coasts, a 20% surtax should be placed on all people living in coastal cities in California. LA and SF primarily.

Did you know that it is because of Penguin farts we are having any problems with climate change...? lol

Actually the laws for California are much strighter than some mid western areas....I noticed that when I was in the midwest this last s
If someone was here illegally they either need to start becoming an American or go back and re-enter legally..My Great Grandparents came in legally in 1980 California will do just fine on our own...so let Trump flex his Flabby Arm...

As pointed out, California can not sustain itself fiscally so exactly how will California 'do fine on its own'?

San Jose, California – the epicenter of Silicon Valley – has become the wealthiest metropolitan area in the country. The reason for its growth is attributed to the shift in skilled labor to Silicon Valley and the tech boom. ( Bloomberg )

We will do just fine...
uh1.png
uh2.png

we legalized pot and can consider lowering personal income tax rates.
we legalized pot and can consider lowering personal income tax rates.
California lower taxes!? :lmao:
That's tantamount to a surrender.
no it isn't. the right only knows how to tax and spend.
Probably why no one bought into the "tax cuts for the rich" mantra.

Thanks for playing.

Agreement from the local folks and the DOT.

Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) - Safety | Federal Highway Administration

You need to be specific

We will do just fine...
You moron!
The irony is you can now buy better quality computer tech. from China than what Silicon Valley is turning out.
Moving vans headed to retirement ranches/mansions in Colorado are lined up in Silicon Valley neighborhoods. These are the really smart people. They are selling out and moving their millions out of Cal.

And your point about china and india...who cares this thread isn't about them.. we don't get taxes from China's hi tech..
And unless you live in silicon valley shut the hell up because you don't know what you are talking about...

We will do just fine...
You moron!

And your point about china and india...who cares this thread isn't about them.. we don't get taxes from China's hi tech..
And unless you live in silicon valley shut the hell up because you don't know what you are talking about...
Silicon Valley does not manufacture anything.

We will do just fine...
You moron!

It manufacturers inventors and great minds..

That's always the Liberals' answer - 'Tax the Rich more'. F* THAT!

Everyone should be taxed EQUALLY, FAIRLY. Just because you HAVE more should not mean you get targeted more to pay higher taxes.

The tax rate in this country should not be raised 1 dime EVER again until the real problem is addressed - out of control spending!

Barry just sent $221 Million dollars (or is trying) to Israel's enemies while American citizens in Michigan have been unable to drink their own water because the Obama administration F*ed Up their water supply!

Barry can use MY tax dollars to bail out HIS big money donors so they don't lose any of THEIR investment money from Solyndra and 12 other 'Green Energy' companies going T!ts Up, but we need to raise taxes and take more from any 1 group of people because of it?! BULLSHIT!

The US government funded projects to study both a friggin' shrimp on a treadmill and study why a homosexual AGENTINIAN male has a 'better' sex life than a heterosexual American male...and liberal f*ing scumbags who say we don't have enough money want to tax anyone more?

And to ALL the politicians, on both sides of the floor, stop using MY tax dollars on BS PORK in your home districts to get your useless ass re-elected!

The United States Government collects MORE THAN ENOUGH in tax revenue to fund the items they are responsible for according to the US Constitution - NO MORE TAX INCREASES until they go through their own spending and cut out the MASSIVE amount of waste and BS!

Listen people, be smart, join the fight. (figuratively) Do NOT go to California! Do not spend tourism dollars there! Avoid California at all costs! Do the same with Chicago, New York. Starve the sumbitches out!

These people want to demand that YOUR tax dollars be spent on illegals! Then keep your cash away from them. Make sure they suffer as much a loss of your dollars as possible. They want you to pay! Oh hell no, you make THEM PAY! Go to Florida. Go to Arizona, Montana, South Dakota and see Mount Rushmore. Keep the hell out of California at all costs, and work down from there.

Again, just like you did to Target, starve them out! Got a vaca planned to Disneyland? Yosenite? To the massive redwoods? CANCEL, and let them know why! Watch what starts happening!

Our country is beautiful, and it is everywhere. No need to go to California for sure, and you will be doing your country a favor! MAKE THEM PAY!

We will do just fine...
You moron!

It manufacturers inventors and great minds..

Clippy.jpg

Forum List

Back