California Vows To Fight Trump's Cutting Funding of Sanctuary Cities

just right wing propaganda. we merely need to tax the rich more.
No, we need to tax liberals more. You want big government, you pay for it.
all talk and no action.

let's end our war on drugs, first.
No, we need to tax liberals more. Daniel--- all talk and no action
First I agree, you pansees would deny you're liberal to avoid paying. It's in your nature.

Second, cutting funds from sanctuary cities would be the first step in country to take the lure of drugs to those cities. Don't you think?
The effort President Trump needs to expend on destroying LIB controlled sanctuary cities will be like someone walking into a LIB snowflake 'safe space' and taking their granola bars.
LOTS OF TRIGGERS!!!!
No fucking ammo.

Listen people, be smart, join the fight. (figuratively) Do NOT go to California! Do not spend tourism dollars there! Avoid California at all costs! Do the same with Chicago, New York. Starve the sumbitches out!

These people want to demand that YOUR tax dollars be spent on illegals! Then keep your cash away from them. Make sure they suffer as much a loss of your dollars as possible. They want you to pay! Oh hell no, you make THEM PAY! Go to Florida. Go to Arizona, Montana, South Dakota and see Mount Rushmore. Keep the hell out of California at all costs, and work down from there.

Again, just like you did to Target, starve them out! Got a vaca planned to Disneyland? Yosenite? To the massive redwoods? CANCEL, and let them know why! Watch what starts happening!

Our country is beautiful, and it is everywhere. No need to go to California for sure, and you will be doing your country a favor! MAKE THEM PAY!

I see you are watching the alternative news channel Faux news...

Sorry, MAKE THEM PAY, period! And we will-) A 5% loss in tourism will be devastating. I think we can drum that up-) Have fun California!

I really don't agree with hiding illegals, but your idea is even worse...lol

Listen, my favorite nephew and his family, live and work in California, right by the Presidio. He agrees with me, because without pressure, California will not change. Like he said---------> "California will just try and buy time till they can get a lefty in, and it will all go away." He was there when the law was passed about 7 to 10 years ago about illegals. The left took the VOTERS to court because they didn't like the way the public voted.

In the end, I have been in California. I think California is a beautiful state, and was once considered, the "golden state!" It has fallen off their crest. If they wish to break the law, then they need be punished, just like us as individuals. The left always claims we Repubs have all the money, (which is poppycock, and has been proven) but ok then, we just stay out of California. I am an avid RVer. (and 2/3rds of RVers are conservative) Most of our groups REFUSE to break the California border, because of cost, (taxes) and now because of politics. (no, not because they are leftists, but because they refuse to follow the law) We will travel into California, as long as we do not have to stay overnight, and do everything we can (which is sometimes difficult) to avoid buying fuel there. Now it is heating up more!

A 5% cut in tourism? I hope so. Depends how fast the word can get out. No offense to the American citizens of California, but you are the people who elected these politicians. How does that go-----> elections have consequences, sometimes even in reverse!

Our governor is a lefty and I don't like him he is too left... Now as far as San Francisco near Presidio the Mexicans have pretty much cleared out because of the expense of housing and living..
The gay San Francisco has now turned to Hi -Tech city and is getting like that all over..
Many of them are republican so it will be interesting to see what happens..Some are still around but it is changing..

It doesn't matter who we have in office ( basically any city ) they just keep cutting away at anything they can get their hands on..

I was in the Midwest this last fall for a month and it is diffidently less expensive ... Go up to Redding ca.with your RV.. it is big time republican..sounds like so much fun..are you 100% in your RV? What kind of RV do you have?

There are 2 kinds of republicans , kind country folk some crazy extremes , the big fat guy sitting behind the desk smoking a cigar and counting his money..
2 kinds of liberals...
moderate , or the crazy extremes who want to except everything..

We get that everywhere not just California, I saw it in Minnesota ...Out in the country were Trump signs, in the city was Clinton..

I do not think anyone is against getting the illegals who broke the law out of here, but Trump is talking people who have been here for years..this is who SF wants to protect.
Even Ryan said to let them stay and build the wall.

No, not in RV full time. We do travel 3 months out of the year though.

Been through California twice, beautiful state. I have no problem going to states with a political agenda different than mine, I am just not fond of them just breaking the law. I could understand it if a President just signed an EO as a law and demanded that states follow it. But these laws have been our laws for a very long time, and were enforced BEFORE Bush and Obama.

I would like every Democrat to understand, that President Obama could have changed any law he wanted to, or written any new law he wanted to, as long as he could convince his fellow Democrats, and there was absolutely nothing any Republican could have done. Why didn't he if this was so important? I know why, and if you follow politics closely, you people know too. Don't blame people for enforcing a law because you do not like it. Blame the people who could have changed the law if they wanted to, but were afraid for their jobs if they did. Know, they want to threaten the job of the person who enforces the law, but saved their jobs by not doing what they apparently thought was the right thing to do!

If Congress allocated the money and the executive signed off on it….I’m not certain how the executive can come back years later and say, “no”.

But hey, that was the system before the GOP took over; you know, a Republic.

Federal grants are predicated on the cities, counties and States being in compliance with federal law. If they aren't, the grants can be withheld. It's just that simple.
California legalized pot. Cities can tax it. Revenue is estimated to be at around, one billion dollars.

Let's say everyone on this forum is willing to bet 1K on a very simple 'binary' question: When President Trump declared he was going to "end sanctuary cities" will he do so or not?
Put up your money!
What do you mean by, "sanctuary cities"?

States have no authority over immigration into the Union since 1808..

There is no reason not to turn over, violent offenders.

we legalized pot and can consider lowering personal income tax rates.
California lower taxes!? :lmao:
giphy.gif
Californians tend to have better credit scores.

all talk and no action.

First I agree, you pansees would deny you're liberal to avoid paying. It's in your nature.

Second, cutting funds from sanctuary cities would be the first step in country to take the lure of drugs to those cities. Don't you think?
our drug war is a cost center, not a revenue center; don't you think?

I see you are watching the alternative news channel Faux news...

Sorry, MAKE THEM PAY, period! And we will-) A 5% loss in tourism will be devastating. I think we can drum that up-) Have fun California!

I really don't agree with hiding illegals, but your idea is even worse...lol

Listen, my favorite nephew and his family, live and work in California, right by the Presidio. He agrees with me, because without pressure, California will not change. Like he said---------> "California will just try and buy time till they can get a lefty in, and it will all go away." He was there when the law was passed about 7 to 10 years ago about illegals. The left took the VOTERS to court because they didn't like the way the public voted.

In the end, I have been in California. I think California is a beautiful state, and was once considered, the "golden state!" It has fallen off their crest. If they wish to break the law, then they need be punished, just like us as individuals. The left always claims we Repubs have all the money, (which is poppycock, and has been proven) but ok then, we just stay out of California. I am an avid RVer. (and 2/3rds of RVers are conservative) Most of our groups REFUSE to break the California border, because of cost, (taxes) and now because of politics. (no, not because they are leftists, but because they refuse to follow the law) We will travel into California, as long as we do not have to stay overnight, and do everything we can (which is sometimes difficult) to avoid buying fuel there. Now it is heating up more!

A 5% cut in tourism? I hope so. Depends how fast the word can get out. No offense to the American citizens of California, but you are the people who elected these politicians. How does that go-----> elections have consequences, sometimes even in reverse!

Our governor is a lefty and I don't like him he is too left... Now as far as San Francisco near Presidio the Mexicans have pretty much cleared out because of the expense of housing and living..
The gay San Francisco has now turned to Hi -Tech city and is getting like that all over..
Many of them are republican so it will be interesting to see what happens..Some are still around but it is changing..

It doesn't matter who we have in office ( basically any city ) they just keep cutting away at anything they can get their hands on..

I was in the Midwest this last fall for a month and it is diffidently less expensive ... Go up to Redding ca.with your RV.. it is big time republican..sounds like so much fun..are you 100% in your RV? What kind of RV do you have?

There are 2 kinds of republicans , kind country folk some crazy extremes , the big fat guy sitting behind the desk smoking a cigar and counting his money..
2 kinds of liberals...
moderate , or the crazy extremes who want to except everything..

We get that everywhere not just California, I saw it in Minnesota ...Out in the country were Trump signs, in the city was Clinton..

I do not think anyone is against getting the illegals who broke the law out of here, but Trump is talking people who have been here for years..this is who SF wants to protect.
Even Ryan said to let them stay and build the wall.

No, not in RV full time. We do travel 3 months out of the year though.

Been through California twice, beautiful state. I have no problem going to states with a political agenda different than mine, I am just not fond of them just breaking the law. I could understand it if a President just signed an EO as a law and demanded that states follow it. But these laws have been our laws for a very long time, and were enforced BEFORE Bush and Obama.

I would like every Democrat to understand, that President Obama could have changed any law he wanted to, or written any new law he wanted to, as long as he could convince his fellow Democrats, and there was absolutely nothing any Republican could have done. Why didn't he if this was so important? I know why, and if you follow politics closely, you people know too. Don't blame people for enforcing a law because you do not like it. Blame the people who could have changed the law if they wanted to, but were afraid for their jobs if they did. Know, they want to threaten the job of the person who enforces the law, but saved their jobs by not doing what they apparently thought was the right thing to do!
all talk from the fantastical, right wing. 10USC311 is also, federal law.

If Congress allocated the money and the executive signed off on it….I’m not certain how the executive can come back years later and say, “no”.

Federal grants are predicated on the cities, counties and States being in compliance with federal law. If they aren't, the grants can be withheld. It's just that simple.
California legalized pot. Cities can tax it. Revenue is estimated to be at around, one billion dollars.

Great, then they don't need the federal money, do they?

Since climate change threatens all of our coasts, a 20% surtax should be placed on all people living in coastal cities in California. LA and SF primarily.

Did you know that it is because of Penguin farts we are having any problems with climate change...? lol

Actually the laws for California are much strighter than some mid western areas....I noticed that when I was in the midwest this last s
If someone was here illegally they either need to start becoming an American or go back and re-enter legally..My Great Grandparents came in legally in 1980 California will do just fine on our own...so let Trump flex his Flabby Arm...

As pointed out, California can not sustain itself fiscally so exactly how will California 'do fine on its own'?

The ones crying in the country better wake up and see who is paying their way

20-richest-cities-in-u-s-map.png

San Jose, California – the epicenter of Silicon Valley – has become the wealthiest metropolitan area in the country. The reason for its growth is attributed to the shift in skilled labor to Silicon Valley and the tech boom. ( Bloomberg )

We will do just fine...
Wonderful that people make $105K a year in San Jose.
Now how does that become an advantage when the average 1,200 sq ft home is $1.2M?

The hi tech giants are the ones getting the homes, others rent..

Facebook just bought up a bunch of homes for its employees..now the good thing about that is the people who already own homes will do good when they sell and retire ..

Now on the down side... It sucks to drive here because in the 1980s they didn't build mass transit to help get around so it sucks driving , everywhere is crowded and expensive...
OK, what's the advantage of earning $105K when you are paying to rent a 1,000 sq ft apartment for $10,000 a month?

Where in the world you hear that? The highest rent here is $4,550 and most or all tenants are making in upward of $200k or tourist.

December 2016 United States Rent Report - Apartment List

Since climate change threatens all of our coasts, a 20% surtax should be placed on all people living in coastal cities in California. LA and SF primarily.

Did you know that it is because of Penguin farts we are having any problems with climate change...? lol

Actually the laws for California are much strighter than some mid western areas....I noticed that when I was in the midwest this last s
If someone was here illegally they either need to start becoming an American or go back and re-enter legally..My Great Grandparents came in legally in 1980 California will do just fine on our own...so let Trump flex his Flabby Arm...

As pointed out, California can not sustain itself fiscally so exactly how will California 'do fine on its own'?

San Jose, California – the epicenter of Silicon Valley – has become the wealthiest metropolitan area in the country. The reason for its growth is attributed to the shift in skilled labor to Silicon Valley and the tech boom. ( Bloomberg )

We will do just fine...
You moron!
India and China now have their own Silicon Valleys.
There's ONE in the US. There's hundreds throughout Asia.
The irony is you can now buy better quality computer tech. from China than what Silicon Valley is turning out.
Take a 'deep dive' into who is leaving Silicone Valley.
Moving vans headed to retirement ranches/mansions in Colorado are lined up in Silicon Valley neighborhoods. These are the really smart people. They are selling out and moving their millions out of Cal.

WTH. As always you don't know what you are talking about idiot.

That's always the Liberals' answer - 'Tax the Rich more'. F* THAT!

Everyone should be taxed EQUALLY, FAIRLY. Just because you HAVE more should not mean you get targeted more to pay higher taxes.

The tax rate in this country should not be raised 1 dime EVER again until the real problem is addressed - out of control spending!

Barry just sent $221 Million dollars (or is trying) to Israel's enemies while American citizens in Michigan have been unable to drink their own water because the Obama administration F*ed Up their water supply!

Barry can use MY tax dollars to bail out HIS big money donors so they don't lose any of THEIR investment money from Solyndra and 12 other 'Green Energy' companies going T!ts Up, but we need to raise taxes and take more from any 1 group of people because of it?! BULLSHIT!

The US government funded projects to study both a friggin' shrimp on a treadmill and study why a homosexual AGENTINIAN male has a 'better' sex life than a heterosexual American male...and liberal f*ing scumbags who say we don't have enough money want to tax anyone more?

And to ALL the politicians, on both sides of the floor, stop using MY tax dollars on BS PORK in your home districts to get your useless ass re-elected!

The United States Government collects MORE THAN ENOUGH in tax revenue to fund the items they are responsible for according to the US Constitution - NO MORE TAX INCREASES until they go through their own spending and cut out the MASSIVE amount of waste and BS!

Listen people, be smart, join the fight. (figuratively) Do NOT go to California! Do not spend tourism dollars there! Avoid California at all costs! Do the same with Chicago, New York. Starve the sumbitches out!

These people want to demand that YOUR tax dollars be spent on illegals! Then keep your cash away from them. Make sure they suffer as much a loss of your dollars as possible. They want you to pay! Oh hell no, you make THEM PAY! Go to Florida. Go to Arizona, Montana, South Dakota and see Mount Rushmore. Keep the hell out of California at all costs, and work down from there.

Again, just like you did to Target, starve them out! Got a vaca planned to Disneyland? Yosenite? To the massive redwoods? CANCEL, and let them know why! Watch what starts happening!

Our country is beautiful, and it is everywhere. No need to go to California for sure, and you will be doing your country a favor! MAKE THEM PAY!

That's mighty nice of you. Why do you hate your fellow Americans? Why in the world you will exchange California vs Arizona, Montana or Dakota?
California is one of the top 3 most visited states in US and also most visited by tourist. Don't come here.

Everyone should be taxed EQUALLY, FAIRLY. Just because you HAVE more should not mean you get targeted more to pay higher taxes.

The tax rate in this country should not be raised 1 dime EVER again until the real problem is addressed - out of control spending!

Barry just sent $221 Million dollars (or is trying) to Israel's enemies while American citizens in Michigan have been unable to drink their own water because the Obama administration F*ed Up their water supply!

Barry can use MY tax dollars to bail out HIS big money donors so they don't lose any of THEIR investment money from Solyndra and 12 other 'Green Energy' companies going T!ts Up, but we need to raise taxes and take more from any 1 group of people because of it?! BULLSHIT!

The US government funded projects to study both a friggin' shrimp on a treadmill and study why a homosexual AGENTINIAN male has a 'better' sex life than a heterosexual American male...and liberal f*ing scumbags who say we don't have enough money want to tax anyone more?

And to ALL the politicians, on both sides of the floor, stop using MY tax dollars on BS PORK in your home districts to get your useless ass re-elected!

The United States Government collects MORE THAN ENOUGH in tax revenue to fund the items they are responsible for according to the US Constitution - NO MORE TAX INCREASES until they go through their own spending and cut out the MASSIVE amount of waste and BS!

That's mighty nice of you. Why do you hate your fellow Americans? Why in the world you will exchange California vs Arizona, Montana or Dakota?
California is one of the top 3 most visited states in US and also most visited by tourist. Don't come here.

Being that it is by far the biggest state on the continental US, it means that people are staying away. Good, and if we can keep spreading the word, we will either starve you out, or force you to make your Hollyweird rich pay a larger fairshare. Either way, a win, win, in my book!

Oh, and by the way.........I don't remember us ever calling you deplorables, wish I could say the same on your side.

Now you wouldn't want any deplorable money, now would you-) Of course not!

STAY OUT OF CALIFORNIA, give them nothing, especially any of your DEPLORABLE money, right leftists-)

We will do just fine...
Wonderful that people make $105K a year in San Jose.
Now how does that become an advantage when the average 1,200 sq ft home is $1.2M?

The hi tech giants are the ones getting the homes, others rent..

Facebook just bought up a bunch of homes for its employees..now the good thing about that is the people who already own homes will do good when they sell and retire ..

Now on the down side... It sucks to drive here because in the 1980s they didn't build mass transit to help get around so it sucks driving , everywhere is crowded and expensive...
OK, what's the advantage of earning $105K when you are paying to rent a 1,000 sq ft apartment for $10,000 a month?

Where in the world you hear that? The highest rent here is $4,550 and most or all tenants are making in upward of $200k or tourist.

December 2016 United States Rent Report - Apartment List
Oh, I'm sorry. $48,000 a year just to rent an apartment. After taxes they at best have $100K. Which means they have little money to even put into savings.

Great, then they don't need the federal money, do they?
nope, or waste our time enforcing federal laws.

all talk and no action.

our drug war is a cost center, not a revenue center; don't you think?
That's a complicated question

Being that it is by far the biggest state on the continental US, it means that people are staying away. Good, and if we can keep spreading the word, we will either starve you out, or force you to make your Hollyweird rich pay a larger fairshare. Either way, a win, win, in my book!

Oh, and by the way.........I don't remember us ever calling you deplorables, wish I could say the same on your side.

Now you wouldn't want any deplorable money, now would you-) Of course not!

STAY OUT OF CALIFORNIA, give them nothing, especially any of your DEPLORABLE money, right leftists-)

Save your breath Sparky. We are going to be just fine without your wonderful behavior. We don't need you here.

Forum List

Back