Can anyone explain this???

I suspect why they are doing it not only to try and hurt TRUMP but also in hope of Biden being elected, so he can do the same things TRUMP has done but the numbers will magical change to make Biden look good.
If Biden wins all conversation of the leftyvirus will cease.
Wanna bet?

Did you see the new CDC numbers?

This is done by new years

Less than 10k deaths without co morbidity. It only kills people who a breeze could kill anyway.
Yeah right. It’s killed 185k while under an extreme lock down. Now we are opening back up and a large chunk of the country thinks the whole thing is fake?! Combine that with the winter cold/flu... No I’m sorry this is going to be an ugly winter.
Well NY and NJ knocked off 50k alone plus lots of diseases and infections attack us every day and we cant shut down everything when they do. If you are sick stay home....wear a mask if you want to but handwashing and distancing are the things that work. You cant lose your job over fear of catching a virus.
I agree for the most part but this was a special Situation with a ton of unknowns and we saw a fellow country (Italy) get their medical care system overwhelmed which nearly happened here in NY. This thing needed to be be controlled and we did a piss poor job compared to the rest of the world
At least you say "we". This is a joint responsibility between federal and state leadership, not the lone blame of any single person.
Agreed, we all carry a torch in this fight. However there is one man at the top that carries the most responsibility as he has the most power and largest pulpit. As far as the messages coming from that pulpit it’s no mystery that I think it’s been an embarrassment
Well okay but consider that the "experts" were sending mixed messages and changing their minds all the time. The people making decisions cannot operate that way, and a guy like Cuomo, who loves the limelight, makes terrible decisions and then won't take the heat for them. Other states are now faced with many cases but have managed much lower death rates. And we cannot keep businesses shut down....thaat was an interim plan to spread out the spike which we did.....you cant hide from the virus forever.
Everybody was learning and mistakes were made. Lies were told, like with the “masks don’t do anything” BS we heard. But for the most part I felt like the medical experts were doing the best they could. I felt like Cuomo was trying to be honest and transparent... I never felt that from Trump. Seemed like the whole time he was trying to downplay it, spin political wins, say it was about to go away, say there’s a cure around the corner, talk shit about the safety guidelines, push to open the country before we were ready, and the list goes on. In my eyes he fumbled the ball hard on handling this thing. It should be near over by now and I think he played a big part in why it is still festering

HE KILLED THOUSANDS OF OLD PEOPLE SENDING CORONA POSITIVE PEOPLE TO THE ONLY PLACES THEY COULD RATIONALLY EXPECT TO KILL ANYONE ELSE

THE DOCTORS WERE OFFING PEOPLE DIRECTLY WITH VENTILATORS

THEY WOULD HAVE CAUSED LESS DAMAGE DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Holy shit the ignorance of this take

"cuomo did alright"

Hahaha what the fuck? By that standard Trump was a genius that saved us all
I hear the spun up “Cuomo killed old people” narrative and then I fact check it and it doesn’t hold up. I read every order issued by the NY health department in regards to the policies we are discussing. They were prepping for a flood of cases and were worried about available space to care for patients. They brought in a ship and set up pop up facilities. They also wanted to utilize the care facilities that were already in place in nursing homes that were licenses to care for sick people as long as they could adequately separate and care for the patients recovering from COVID many of whom had underlying conditions they were also fighting.

The initial order was not perfect, it lacked detail and I’d call the move in general a mistake which Is easy to do in hindsight. I was glad they revised it once things started to calm down. It certainly wasn’t Cuomo murdering old people like the right is trying to paint. Several states had the same policy at the beginning.

I don’t fault people for honest mistakes. I fault people for manipulation and lies

I suspect why they are doing it not only to try and hurt TRUMP but also in hope of Biden being elected, so he can do the same things TRUMP has done but the numbers will magical change to make Biden look good.
Wanna bet?

Less than 10k deaths without co morbidity. It only kills people who a breeze could kill anyway.
Yeah right. It’s killed 185k while under an extreme lock down. Now we are opening back up and a large chunk of the country thinks the whole thing is fake?! Combine that with the winter cold/flu... No I’m sorry this is going to be an ugly winter.
Well NY and NJ knocked off 50k alone plus lots of diseases and infections attack us every day and we cant shut down everything when they do. If you are sick stay home....wear a mask if you want to but handwashing and distancing are the things that work. You cant lose your job over fear of catching a virus.
I agree for the most part but this was a special Situation with a ton of unknowns and we saw a fellow country (Italy) get their medical care system overwhelmed which nearly happened here in NY. This thing needed to be be controlled and we did a piss poor job compared to the rest of the world
At least you say "we". This is a joint responsibility between federal and state leadership, not the lone blame of any single person.
Agreed, we all carry a torch in this fight. However there is one man at the top that carries the most responsibility as he has the most power and largest pulpit. As far as the messages coming from that pulpit it’s no mystery that I think it’s been an embarrassment
Well okay but consider that the "experts" were sending mixed messages and changing their minds all the time. The people making decisions cannot operate that way, and a guy like Cuomo, who loves the limelight, makes terrible decisions and then won't take the heat for them. Other states are now faced with many cases but have managed much lower death rates. And we cannot keep businesses shut down....thaat was an interim plan to spread out the spike which we did.....you cant hide from the virus forever.
Everybody was learning and mistakes were made. Lies were told, like with the “masks don’t do anything” BS we heard. But for the most part I felt like the medical experts were doing the best they could. I felt like Cuomo was trying to be honest and transparent... I never felt that from Trump. Seemed like the whole time he was trying to downplay it, spin political wins, say it was about to go away, say there’s a cure around the corner, talk shit about the safety guidelines, push to open the country before we were ready, and the list goes on. In my eyes he fumbled the ball hard on handling this thing. It should be near over by now and I think he played a big part in why it is still festering

HE KILLED THOUSANDS OF OLD PEOPLE SENDING CORONA POSITIVE PEOPLE TO THE ONLY PLACES THEY COULD RATIONALLY EXPECT TO KILL ANYONE ELSE

"cuomo did alright"

I hear the spun up “Cuomo killed old people” narrative and then I fact check it and it doesn’t hold up. I read every order issued by the NY health department in regards to the policies we are discussing. They were prepping for a flood of cases and were worried about available space to care for patients. They brought in a ship and set up pop up facilities. They also wanted to utilize the care facilities that were already in place in nursing homes that were licenses to care for sick people as long as they could adequately separate and care for the patients recovering from COVID many of whom had underlying conditions they were also fighting.

The initial order was not perfect, it lacked detail and I’d call the move in general a mistake which Is easy to do in hindsight. I was glad they revised it once things started to calm down. It certainly wasn’t Cuomo murdering old people like the right is trying to paint. Several states had the same policy at the beginning.

I don’t fault people for honest mistakes. I fault people for manipulation and lies

Nursing homes didn't want corona virus patients back because they knew they had a vulnerable population

Cuomo forced them

It's not debatable

1/4 of NY deaths are from people who DIED DIRECTLY IN NURSING HOMES. That doesn't even count the people who were transferred to a hospital first. Which could account for another 1/4 or even more of these deaths.

So you could be looking at half of NY's deaths being from his executive order to free up hospital space. When simply leaving them in a heated tent would have been better for everyone

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

Hmmmmm I can go along with some of what you say...but the ship for example was barely utilized. And as for nursing homes? Just not a good idea at all. The city and state were in shoddy conditions to begin with and they simply didnt not do well at all. 7.4% mortality rate, second only to New Jersey at 8% and leading the globe in deaths per million. No matter how you spin it that is horrible leadership.

I'm not seeing it. Total cases reported should include the total death and recovered totals, why would you add them again?

I noticed that too. It's like saying if a baseball player is up 10 times and gets 3 hits, he's batting .231 (3 for 13) not .300

I think I understand my confusion.
The web site is saying the total cases of 6,302,203 INCLUDE the Recovered cases of 3,548,122 and also Active cases of 2,563,781 and of 190,300 deaths. I took it to mean the "Total Cases" were ACTIVE cases.
I was wrong. The web site is counted recovered cases in the total of 6,302,203 and I was taking the math that a closed case was no longer
active. My mistake.
Kudos on calling out your mistake. It happens to all of us.

The important numbers for treatment is deaths per cases in which we have seen good improvements from younger people taking up a larger section of infections.... the important numbers for country comparison is deaths per population in which we are performing very poorly on the world stage.

Right, sure neat. Every country is doing "poorly" in one category or another. Except China of course (cough), some others with better controls.

Sorry man, we live in a free country full of immigrants & tourists too. The POTUS doesn't run States and locals, blaming Trump because that's what PROGS do and desire doesn't fly.
I blame Trump for what I hear him say to the public which has largely been lies and manipulation and narratives that conflict with actions That would actually help reduce this virus like most other countries have done. He turned this thing into a political fight. That’s unacceptable

Wanna bet?

Not sure how it can be over without a vaccine when you have 333 million people over some vast real estate. Trump does his share of spinning but Cuomo made some really dumb calls....plus the idiot mayor of NYC has that city in such a pathetic shape people were bound to be at risk and were. I think shutting down the entire economy like we did might have been a good call short term, but reshutting is silly. Move on.
Just look at other countries of similar size as ours. Compare how many have died here and are still dying compared to what’s happening in their countries

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

Keep that Russian propaganda coming.

Wanna bet?

Yea 185k

175k who had other problems

Like pneumonia, aids, and just general frailty from age

We counted every flu death as a corona death if we could get them testing positive for corona.
Most everybody has “other problems” that’s such a lame talking point.

Uh huh

"covid kill him he had a heart attack"

No he just had a heart attack lol

Why people have such confidence in these numbers when they know nothing about how corona tests work or how we group these deaths is absurd.

The testing is obscenely flawed with no agreed upon standards on how to do it. Do you spin the sample 30 or 35 times?

And how they count the deaths are flawed. At the moment basically if you die while also testing for covid you're going into the chart. Which makes it functionally useless.

Aids, heart attack, fucking car accident. All covid deaths
I don’t believe you

Yea you've clearly never looked into any of this, lol

Italians weren't dying off

They were killing people with ventilators.

Our testing is shit and so is our death reporting.

Maybe you should have some cynicism instead of just swallowing what you're told with no critical thinking at all
Yes I heard they were doing that inside the pizza parlors where the child sex rings were being held

You're comparing doctors grapping with a novel virus and fucking up treatment to child pedophile rings....?

Hahahaha

Do you know any doctors?

I know many, trust me they aren't as clever as you imagine them to be.
I’m talking about conspiracy theories. Funny you didn’t get that yet you speak down to other people’s intelligence

So you were comparing them to pedophile rings?? lol

Do you think there is a lot of correlation between pizzagate believers and people who think the science on coronavirus isn't strong? And thus our reaction and treatment hasn't been rational?

Who is intelligent here?

Clearly you did not do well in your time in education. What the fuck makes you think you should be calling anyone stupid on the internet? Hahahah

Do you think high IQ people can't spot low IQ plebs after a few responses on a topic like this? I assure you, we can

Source: much higher IQ than you

This is why we take standardized tests people. So you don't have to go on teh internet and be told you're an idiot. You should have known that by time you were a teenager.
Another self proclaimed "stable genius!"
:rofl::lmao:

Wanna bet?

Yea 185k

175k who had other problems

Like pneumonia, aids, and just general frailty from age

We counted every flu death as a corona death if we could get them testing positive for corona.
Most everybody has “other problems” that’s such a lame talking point.

Uh huh

"covid kill him he had a heart attack"

No he just had a heart attack lol

Why people have such confidence in these numbers when they know nothing about how corona tests work or how we group these deaths is absurd.

The testing is obscenely flawed with no agreed upon standards on how to do it. Do you spin the sample 30 or 35 times?

And how they count the deaths are flawed. At the moment basically if you die while also testing for covid you're going into the chart. Which makes it functionally useless.

Aids, heart attack, fucking car accident. All covid deaths
I don’t believe you

Yea you've clearly never looked into any of this, lol

Italians weren't dying off

They were killing people with ventilators.

Our testing is shit and so is our death reporting.

Maybe you should have some cynicism instead of just swallowing what you're told with no critical thinking at all
Yes I heard they were doing that inside the pizza parlors where the child sex rings were being held

You're comparing doctors grapping with a novel virus and fucking up treatment to child pedophile rings....?

Hahahaha

Do you know any doctors?

I know many, trust me they aren't as clever as you imagine them to be.
I’m talking about conspiracy theories. Funny you didn’t get that yet you speak down to other people’s intelligence

So you were comparing them to pedophile rings?? lol

Do you think there is a lot of correlation between pizzagate believers and people who think the science on coronavirus isn't strong? And thus our reaction and treatment hasn't been rational?

Who is intelligent here?

Clearly you did not do well in your time in education. What the fuck makes you think you should be calling anyone stupid on the internet? Hahahah

Do you think high IQ people can't spot low IQ plebs after a few responses on a topic like this? I assure you, we can

Source: much higher IQ than you

This is why we take standardized tests people. So you don't have to go on teh internet and be told you're an idiot. You should have known that by time you were a teenager.
Another self proclaimed "stable genius!"
:rofl::lmao:

I'm not a genius

I'm just related to many

Big difference between smarter than 95% of the people you meet and genius

I like that you remembered your place tho

It's clearly low

Wanna bet?

Not sure how it can be over without a vaccine when you have 333 million people over some vast real estate. Trump does his share of spinning but Cuomo made some really dumb calls....plus the idiot mayor of NYC has that city in such a pathetic shape people were bound to be at risk and were. I think shutting down the entire economy like we did might have been a good call short term, but reshutting is silly. Move on.
At this point we can’t reshut it. The people would never comply. The shut down in March was smart but it needed to be stricter and done better. Saying we will go to Easter mass together and that the summer heat will kill the virus and the dozens of other things Trump was saying at the time was toxic messaging and the American people responded with resistance and division to the safety protocol. A real leader would have unified us for at least a month to beat this thing. We don’t have a real leader in there now. IMO

Wanna bet?

At this point we can’t reshut it. The people would never comply. The shut down in March was smart but it needed to be stricter and done better. Saying we will go to Easter mass together and that the summer heat will kill the virus and the dozens of other things Trump was saying at the time was toxic messaging and the American people responded with resistance and division to the safety protocol. A real leader would have unified us for at least a month to beat this thing. We don’t have a real leader in there now. IMO

A real leader wouldn't have reacted at all and told our media to shut the fuck up and keep moving

Sweden didn't shut down, why?

Because the guy running the place didn't give a fuck what teh media said and went with the relevant data. And the relevant data said we have no idea of massive lockdowns will work, and even if they did it's unclear it would be worth it. He wasn't a politician. He was a public health expert comfortable with the idea of people dying. Unlike most of our doctors

Media who sell ads, politicians who need to react to polls, and doctors who aren't comfortable sacrificing a single life in a nation of 300+ million.

They all let us down

The GDP loss alone makes this whole thing a joke. We would go to war over 5% GDP

Wanna bet?

Just look at other countries of similar size as ours. Compare how many have died here and are still dying compared to what’s happening in their countries
Sure but there are a number of ways to look at that....mortality rate by confirmed cases and we are at 3.0%, which is better than many. And our total deaths have been skewed by the poor performance early on in NY and NJ, and a few other Dem led states that contributed to nearly 90,000 of our total. When you look at the overall performance and our increased testing, however good or bad that is, I think we are doing very well. Tons of infections kill people every year....colds, flu, pneumonia, mersa, staph, tuberculosis....this is another illness we have to battle and we are doing the best we can.

I'm not a genius
OBVIOUSLY!
The first true thing you have ever posted!!!!!

Being intelligent is a relative concept bud

I may not be a genius by western standards...But with relative to you I am...hahahaha

Considering your inability to engage on this subject, i'd bet a lot of money you're poor too.

Remember your place pleb.

Virgin into astronomy who can't debate. You're an impressive mess. Emotional intelligence of a rock to go along with your poor math.

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

Hmmmmm I can go along with some of what you say...but the ship for example was barely utilized. And as for nursing homes? Just not a good idea at all. The city and state were in shoddy conditions to begin with and they simply didnt not do well at all. 7.4% mortality rate, second only to New Jersey at 8% and leading the globe in deaths per million. No matter how you spin it that is horrible leadership.
NY got hit with a tidal wave. The results were horrible. I’m glad they didn’t have to use the ship but I’m also glad it was there incase they needed to. I thought Cuomo did a great job with how he communicated with the people and followed the science. I’d bet the farm that if Trump did the same thing without all his political BS then the results in our country would be very different right now.

I agree with you that mistakes were made and the nursing home order was one of those mistakes. I don’t think it was intentional, I understand their reasons for doing it, they adjusted it as conditions changed, and I don’t think it lead to the number of deaths that Trumps people are claiming.

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

NY got hit with a tidal wave. The results were horrible. I’m glad they didn’t have to use the ship but I’m also glad it was there incase they needed to. I thought Cuomo did a great job with how he communicated with the people and followed the science. I’d bet the farm that if Trump did the same thing without all his political BS then the results in our country would be very different right now.

I agree with you that mistakes were made and the nursing home order was one of those mistakes. I don’t think it was intentional, I understand their reasons for doing it, they adjusted it as conditions changed, and I don’t think it lead to the number of deaths that Trumps people are claiming.

That's because you're fucking stupid

He did a worse job than every other governor in the country

"i feel like he did a good job because I have no idea what the fuck is going on"

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

Nursing homes didn't want corona virus patients back because they knew they had a vulnerable population

Cuomo forced them

It's not debatable

1/4 of NY deaths are from people who DIED DIRECTLY IN NURSING HOMES. That doesn't even count the people who were transferred to a hospital first. Which could account for another 1/4 or even more of these deaths.

So you could be looking at half of NY's deaths being from his executive order to free up hospital space. When simply leaving them in a heated tent would have been better for everyone
He didn’t force them. They were told that if they didn’t have the facilities to properly care for these patients then they would be placed elsewhere. You forget that nursing homes are also license and publicly funded medical care facilities. At the time of the order we were bringing in ships and setting up tents. There was real worry about having a enough space to care for all the sick.

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

Cuomo forced them

It's not debatable

He didn’t force them. They were told that if they didn’t have the facilities to properly care for these patients then they would be placed elsewhere. You forget that nursing homes are also license and publicly funded medical care facilities. At the time of the order we were bringing in ships and setting up tents. There was real worry about having a enough space to care for all the sick.

Yes he did force them to free up space

He wanted free beds but sent corona virus patients to the most vulnerable population imaginable

Which in the long run NO DOUBT DIDN'T FREE UP BEDS

He had access to every resource he wanted, still he did this.

And you're defending it? Do you not give a shit about old people in NY?

NYers give a shit about masks but not cuomo offing their old people wholesale. Makes 9/11 look like a blip.

I can't imagine how he could have handled this worse. What the fuck?

Wanna bet?

A real leader wouldn't have reacted at all and told our media to shut the fuck up and keep moving

Because the guy running the place didn't give a fuck what teh media said and went with the relevant data. And the relevant data said we have no idea of massive lockdowns will work, and even if they did it's unclear it would be worth it. He wasn't a politician. He was a public health expert comfortable with the idea of people dying. Unlike most of our doctors

Media who sell ads, politicians who need to react to polls, and doctors who aren't comfortable sacrificing a single life in a nation of 300+ million.

They all let us down

The GDP loss alone makes this whole thing a joke. We would go to war over 5% GDP
Look at Sweden’s death rate compared to its neighboring countries. I wouldn’t be looking at that as a success

Wanna bet?

They all let us down

Look at Sweden’s death rate compared to its neighboring countries. I wouldn’t be looking at that as a success

Yea but had they all stayed open tehre would have been no GDP loss

Also mental health isn't accounted for

Or any other problems

Sweden scores higher in all those things. Most importantly economy

"oh look corona virus deaths are down but danes want to kill themseleves"

Yea it was worth it bud to prevent those few deaths. We should all lock down forever? Idiot.

And Sweden has a lower death rate than many countries who were in total lock down. Shocker. /s. It's almost like there was no data to support the efficacy of these lockdowns. Oh wait that's true

Wanna bet?

"cuomo did alright"

That's because you're fucking stupid

He did a worse job than every other governor in the country

"i feel like he did a good job because I have no idea what the fuck is going on"

I disagree. Cuomo got hit by a wave that was not in his control. States like Florida and Texas and Arizona and now Iowa got hit by a wave because of policies that they chose to enact. They opened to soon and played it too loose and became hotspots with 1000s of daily deaths because of How they were governed. Why aren’t you critical of that?

Forum List

Back