🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Can everyone here give examples of white privilege?

I contribute plenty. What is enough? You mean take away enough from those that make it to make them equal to those that don't? Sorry, that is not what our country is about.

No, that's not what I mean.
How about personal responsibility? Ever think of that?
That's right and that's a good start.
I mention my family because my wife works as well and pays taxes. We are affluent, not ultra-wealthy, but somewhere well inside the top 10%, but I won't get too specific. We pay a LOT of money in taxes. We don't have a team of accountants working for us. We pay our "fair share" and then some. We pay a LOT of property taxes for our various properties. Our kids go to private school so we don't even take advantage of the "free" education we pay for. We aren't criminals, in fact, in our area, we very rarely even see a cop unless they are giving out traffic tickets. We don't burden the system in that way and yet our tax money goes to pay for the cops to spend most of their day on the other side of town trying to keep the Democrats(predominantly) from stealing from and killing each other. Yeah, my family pays more taxes than most make. The people saying we don't pay our fair share don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I'll accept that you haven't made up a story full of lies, for now at least. I too fit into Canada's top 10% I think, in that I'm working on my third million in net worth. Good timing on real estate and luck for the most part, other than Canada's opportunities.

I don't think you fit in with the criticisms on excessive income inequality in America. They have no room to complain like you do.

America lacks the social responsibility needed to raise all boats, and blaming the blacks hasn't worked and never will work.

I don't recall any Republican complaining about how you speak to your grandmother. I do recall Republicans complaining that our American classrooms are being held up by illegal immigrant kids that don't know the language, people like me that don't want to see our country turn bilingual, and adding more to the problem by Dementia letting more illegals into the country fueling the fire.

I've been scolded more than once already in public by right-wing pubs for speaking Spanish. It's nuts. I do agree with you that children in public schools should be taught English and English should be emphasized. Children should speak English to their teachers and practice English with each other if they're learning English. I also learned Spanish in grade school. It's good to know more than one language. What do you call a person that only speaks one language? An American.

2c4f25684dd183aedf67b492465be5a88f33d9f665b7d27f9a55511fa409c3e8.jpg

I've been scolded more than once already in public by right-wing pubs for speaking Spanish. It's nuts. I do agree with you that children in public schools should be taught English and English should be emphasized. Children should speak English to their teachers and practice English with each other if they're learning English. I also learned Spanish in grade school. It's good to know more than one language. What do you call a person that only speaks one language? An American.

I'm an older guy. I was born into a strictly Polish community where Polish immigrants moved to. In our community many people spoke Polish. The mass at our church had Polish and English services, our small stores had sales signs in Polish, our Catholic school had free English night classes for the immigrants. My parents and grandparents spoke Polish when they wanted to discuss something they didn't want us kids to hear.

But outside our community, everybody spoke English.

No, that's not what I mean.

What do you mean?

That's right and that's a good start.

The lack of personal responsibility is rampant in lower-income communities. They tend to want government assistance, therefore, vote heavily Democratic.

I'll accept that you haven't made up a story full of lies, for now at least. I too fit into Canada's top 10% I think, in that I'm working on my third million in net worth. Good timing on real estate and luck for the most part, other than Canada's opportunities.

I don't think you fit in with the criticisms on excessive income inequality in America. They have no room to complain like you do.

America lacks the social responsibility needed to raise all boats, and blaming the blacks hasn't worked and never will work.

I'm so glad you will accept my "story". I mean, I have to accept your "story" as well. Keep in mind, you are the one arguing for the higher income folks to pay more so it is much more likely that you are the one not telling the entire truth about your situation.

I am not sure what you mean about me not fitting in with the "criticisms on excessive income inequality in America."

Funny, but all tides were rising with Trump in office pre-COVID. Wages for middle income was rising more than higher income earners. The MSM didn't want to let Democrats in on that little secret. They were too interested in censoring, continuing frivolous investigations and dividing our country on race to report anything positive. Sheep fell for it and continue to fall for it.

Who is blaming the blacks? I never said a word about black or white people.

I speak Spanish in public with my wife, and kids, often. I also speak English, but if I see a MAGA hat-wearing asshole, I will speak Spanish. Why not? I have the right to speak whatever language I want to, in public, with my family and friends, or with whoever I feel like speaking Spanish to. Try to stop me from speaking Spanish in a public venue.
Isn't it hilarious that here you are in a thread complaining about white privilege while at the same time no one has a right to tell you not to speak spanish? I mean, dude, can you be anymore of a hypocrite?

Yes we have income inequality and that's a good thing because our income was never meant to be equal. But taxation inequality is much worse. You have nearly half our people that pay no federal income tax at all.
People who use the roads we pay for and all other infrastructures without ever once helping society, except being a burden to it.

What do you mean?

The lack of personal responsibility is rampant in lower-income communities. They tend to want government assistance, therefore, vote heavily Democratic.

I'm so glad you will accept my "story". I mean, I have to accept your "story" as well. Keep in mind, you are the one arguing for the higher income folks to pay more so it is much more likely that you are the one not telling the entire truth about your situation.

I am not sure what you mean about me not fitting in with the "criticisms on excessive income inequality in America."

Funny, but all tides were rising with Trump in office pre-COVID. Wages for middle income was rising more than higher income earners. The MSM didn't want to let Democrats in on that little secret. They were too interested in censoring, continuing frivolous investigations and dividing our country on race to report anything positive. Sheep fell for it and continue to fall for it.

Who is blaming the blacks? I never said a word about black or white people.
Maybe some time you'll become interested and that will cause you to be honest, and then you can initiate the discussion with me.

I'm an older guy. I was born into a strictly Polish community where Polish immigrants moved to. In our community many people spoke Polish. The mass at our church had Polish and English services, our small stores had sales signs in Polish, our Catholic school had free English night classes for the immigrants. My parents and grandparents spoke Polish when they wanted to discuss something they didn't want us kids to hear.

But outside our community, everybody spoke English.

I now live in NYC and we have several Polish neighborhoods here. I believe Greenpoint, Brooklyn, a.k.a. Little Poland, is one of those neighborhoods. We have a lot of ethnic neighborhoods. Of course, China Town in Manhattan and in Flushing, Queens. We have Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn. We also have the Russian and Ukrainian neighborhoods in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn. Most of my family is in Miami, Florida and there we have a large Russian neighborhood in North Miami Beach. We also have a little Poland. All of the Slavic people in Miami, Florida seem to live in North Miami Beach.

So in other words you have no idea.
It just sounds good to play the whiny victim because you don't make much at your job.
Right?

I have no idea how many gallons of water is in our great lakes either. The government doesn't calculate what it costs each and every American for X programs and you know it. It's a stupid leftist trick to ask questions you know nobody has an answer to.

What we do know is that people who pay no federal income taxes are not contributing one dime to support our government, our military and our social programs, but they are the ones that use them.

I have no idea how many gallons of water is in our great lakes either. The government doesn't calculate what it costs each and every American for X programs and you know it. It's a stupid leftist trick to ask questions you know nobody has an answer to.

What we do know is that people who pay no federal income taxes are not contributing one dime to support our government, our military and our social programs, but they are the ones that use them.
Who cares?
The poor are not your enemy.
Corporate welfare is.
That is what is draining your country.
Millionaires like Donald Trump who game the system and wind up paying $750 in tax (look it up) ....on MILLIONS!

Maybe some time you'll become interested and that will cause you to be honest, and then you can initiate the discussion with me.

I am interested. What is your idea? I live in the US and I pay a LOT of taxes. Do tell why I should pay more. I am all ears.

It is my understanding that you live in Canada. Not sure why you think you know so much about US politics.

Who cares?
The poor are not your enemy.
Corporate welfare is.
That is what is draining your country.
Millionaires like Donald Trump who game the system and wind up paying $750 in tax (look it up) ....on MILLIONS!

Then how is it the top 20% of our wage earners pay close to 90% of all collected income taxes?

If we took every so-called poor person in our country, put them on an island somewhere, they wouldn't be missed. In fact it would greatly improve our society. Take every rich American and put them on an island somewhere, and the country collapses.

Forum List

Back