🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Can everyone here give examples of white privilege?

Are you the Manchurian Candidate, tough guy? Been programmed?

From now on if I don't respond to your stupid posts, it's not because I can't, but it's because I have better things to do with my time than go back and forth with a fucking idiot like you.

From now on if I don't respond to your stupid posts, it's not because I can't, but it's because I have better things to do with my time than go back and forth with a fucking idiot like you.
Are you scared, tough boy? Go put on a red hat and relax with some Telemundo.

He doesn't have to make a good salary to support his wife and children? How do you figure, being that the cost of living is so high?
In my grandparents’ day there was only one breadwinner, and he didn’t make much more (adjusted for inflation) than men today in similar occupations.

People just budgeted better back then. One car. One TV. Mom cooked her own meals and shopped frugally. Eating out or fast food were treats. Kids were expected to entertain themselves, for the most part.

It’s a choice. People today could live like that if they wanted to.

In my grandparents’ day there was only one breadwinner, and he didn’t make much more (adjusted for inflation) than men today in similar occupations.

People just budgeted better back then. One car. One TV. Mom cooked her own meals and shopped frugally. Eating out or fast food were treats. Kids were expected to entertain themselves, for the most part.

And people do.

You're not factoring in the higher cost of living today. One's money went much further in the 1950s, 60s, and 70s. It was the golden age of our economy, after WW2 when the US was the world's manufacturing hub. All of those American companies producing goods to rebuild Europe and Japan after the war, employing millions of Americans. They offered good salaries with benefits.

My maternal grandfather migrated to Miami, Florida from Cuba in 1961 at the age of 48 and got a job at Bertram yauchts. He supported my grandmother, mother, and two uncles, with that one salary and if that wasn't enough, he paid for his house in CASH in 1965. Can you imagine doing that today with a blue-collar job, in just four years? You're working, supporting your wife and three kids, and you still have enough money to save and buy a house cash within four years of employment. That's "unicorn shit", that doesn't happen anymore. We're not the manufacturing mecca of the world anymore, we're an empty shell of what we used to be, due to moving everything to China and Mexico.

Last edited:

Great, let's hope we recover. Maybe we can return to that golden age when one breadwinner could work a blue-collar job, support a family and buy their house cash, free and clear. We need to rebuild our manufacturing base.

Great, let's hope we recover. Maybe we can return to that golden age when one breadwinner could work a blue-collar job, support a family and buy their house cash, free and clear. We need to rebuild our manufacturing base.
Dial back the drama. There are still single-breadwinner families in America.

Dial back the drama. There are still single-breadwinner families in America.

When did I ever say there weren't? Again, more of your straw man arguments, due to your poor reading comprehension or lack of honesty. I never said there aren't any households in America with one blue-collar breadwinner. That still exists, but it's not nearly as prevalent as it was in the past and you can forget about finding a single blue-collar supported household able to purchase their house cash, moving from renting to owning their home, free and clear. That's also practically nonexistent. Could you find maybe one or two examples of someone buying a "fixer" for $15,000 and renovating it, then keeping the house? Yeah, there are exceptions to the rule, but nonetheless, it is extremely rare to see American families buying their homes in cash, without a bank when all they have is one blue-collar salary supporting the household.

Last edited:
Wannabe commie boy wants to cry "unfair!" as part of the whole lefty act because no one but only the very, very wealthy today purchase homes with the cash in their pockets.

Shocking news! It now costs more than a nickel to go see a movie!
calculonnooo.jpg

I blame the bad man from the bookstore.

Last edited:

And not to mention we lived in smaller homes than we do today.

Actually, the people with all the money have been contributing to the kitty. One could say they aren't paying 'their fair share', whatever that is but it's always more than they are paying now. But one might also say that everybody else has not been contributing as much to the kitty either. In other countries that have a robust social safety net, everybody pays at least a VAT tax plus some income tax on top of that.

The real reason why our debt is out of control is not a lack of revenue, it's the overspending of money that we don't have. And both parties share the blame for this, although the democrats are the worse offenders. They always want to spend more in Congress than the GOP does, history bears that out.

The over spending is on both sides but Democrats waste money on crap we don't really have to have. They use our money to pander to their voters and vote buying. When Trump was in office we spent a lot more on military which benefits the entire country, covid spending to try and keep the economy going until we got over it, and tax cuts which at the time helped keep jobs in the country and gave us more fuel to boost the good economy we already had. Again, spending that benefited most all Americans.

Now we are spending hundreds of billions on green, funding the Kennedy center, a black wax museum, another museum for the LGBTQURST people, a Mooochelle Obama trail, tearing down a good bridge because they deemed a bridge can be racist, 87,000 new IRS employees we don't need, and if Dementia can get the college loan scam through, another half-trillion over there because he wanted to buy the votes of younger people.

Back then the government at all levels didn’t take more than half your income in taxes.

Yes, of course but the people with all the money don't contribute enough. Income inequallity ya know!

The top 20% of our people pay close to 90% of all collected income taxes, if that's not contributing enough, then how much more do they need to contribute?

Yes we have income inequality and that's a good thing because our income was never meant to be equal. But taxation inequality is much worse. You have nearly half our people that pay no federal income tax at all.

You should have a problem and you should also know how to change the situation. It may have something to do with socially responsible government.

The only way to change that situation is for people to vote Democrats out by huge numbers, but we don't have enough smart people in this country to make that happen.

Since when do Hispanics need to throw away their Spanish culture to be Americans? We are bilingual, speaking both English and Spanish. I have no problem recognizing the English language as the official language of our country when it comes to government documents and proceedings. The functionary aspect of government is in English and I'm fine with that. The primary language of our country is English and everyone should know English, I agree with that. What I don't agree with is some MAGA hat-wearing asshole telling me when I'm standing in line at the Barnes & Nobles Cafe, waiting to buy a coffee and a bagel, that I can't speak Spanish to my 82-year-old father. Hey, you right-wing white bigot, GO FUCK YOURSELF, how about that? I can speak Spanish whenever I want to, and you white racist assholes can't do a thing about it. That dumb-ass redneck shut the fuck up when he saw I was ready to throw some fists. Quietly, angrily mumbling some stupid shit about Hispanics under his breath as he retreated.

I don't recall any Republican complaining about how you speak to your grandmother. I do recall Republicans complaining that our American classrooms are being held up by illegal immigrant kids that don't know the language, people like me that don't want to see our country turn bilingual, and adding more to the problem by Dementia letting more illegals into the country fueling the fire.

Yes, of course but the people with all the money don't contribute enough. Income inequallity ya know!

I contribute plenty. What is enough? You mean take away enough from those that make it to make them equal to those that don't? Sorry, that is not what our country is about.

You should have a problem and you should also know how to change the situation. It may have something to do with socially responsible government. Maybe we can talk about that sometime? Before you grow up and have to pay like your family!

How about personal responsibility? Ever think of that? I mention my family because my wife works as well and pays taxes. We are affluent, not ultra-wealthy, but somewhere well inside the top 10%, but I won't get too specific. We pay a LOT of money in taxes. We don't have a team of accountants working for us. We pay our "fair share" and then some. We pay a LOT of property taxes for our various properties. Our kids go to private school so we don't even take advantage of the "free" education we pay for. We aren't criminals, in fact, in our area, we very rarely even see a cop unless they are giving out traffic tickets. We don't burden the system in that way and yet our tax money goes to pay for the cops to spend most of their day on the other side of town trying to keep the Democrats(predominantly) from stealing from and killing each other. Yeah, my family pays more taxes than most make. The people saying we don't pay our fair share don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Forum List

Back