Can Gun Nuts Please Stop Saying You Need Guns to Protect Yourself From A Potential Tyrannical Government!!!

It makes you sound mentally challenged.

Having guns is not going to protect you from the police or military. With normal police equipment, SWAT teams, police tactics and fire power etc, they can easily neutralize any armed threat or movement. They wouldn't even break a sweat. Not to mention, police surveillance tactics will make it impossible for an anti-government group to organize a big enough threat to the regime. You don't have a chance. And that is only the police. Your little AR-15 isn't going to do anything to a drone, tank, apache helicopter, fighter jet or combat unit (much less special forces). There is a reason you have not seen a people's uprising to over-throw a government even in Africa in decade. And really only Sudan has been overthrown by a military coup.

No, the only reason you want certain guns (such as a AR-15) is because you like to have them.

It is true the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and good people, including AR-15 owners. But that 1% or 0.05% that are not responsible can cause havoc, as we just saw in Highland park (an event I was on my way to attend and an event to which I know many people that were directly effected).

If you want to hunt, then a single shot hunting rifle will suffice. If it is about home defense, then handguns and shotguns (which as both short-range) would be sufficient.

There are many things that can be done, such as arm teachers, have cops in schools, secure soft targets, better mental health facilities, red flag rules and immunity for snitching, involuntary institutionalization, high standards for gun ownership, higher and minimum sentences for illegal gun possession, Federal no buy lists, vicarious liability for guns for the gun owner etc., but stop with the argument that you need guns for tyrannical governments! Because it is foolish.

There should be a ban on all guns other then single shot hunting rifles, handguns and shotguns.

Now I know handguns are by far the weapon of choice in the vast number of homicides, but so called "assault rifles" (yes I know that is a term the liberals made up) it by far a more sufficient weapon to commit mass murder then a handgun, even if they are semi-automatic (vs full).

Keep sticking to these stances that turn off the moderates (e.g. ban on abortion and do nothing on guns) and then cry about how Demorats can win with gas over $5-6, out of control inflation, major blunders in foreign policy and everyone hating woke politics. If the Demorats keep the House and pick up senate seats you are going to see the most radical changes to this country that we haver ever seen.
/----/ Well, I'm not a gun nut, but I do want to know how you gun grabbers plan to get the guns away from criminals.
gun deaths vs.jpg

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age
So you're saying that everyone who has a gun in the US has to be in a militia? And back then, 17 was an adult. Some states now you have to be 21 to be considered an adult. Are you making this up as you go along?

These people are terrified. They've always been paranoid about the government, but now they're also afraid that the Chinese tanks will be rolling down Main Street any moment. They think we live in tyranny. This is what their media has done to them.

Imagine going through life like that.
/--/ "they're also afraid that the Chinese tanks will be rolling down Main Street"
No one said that, you big dope.

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age

Section 328 - Active Guard and Reserve duty: Governor's authority 32 U.S. Code Section 313 - Appointments and enlistments: age limitations (a) To be eligible for original enlistment in the National Guard, a person must be at least 17 years of age and under 45, or under 64 years of age and a former member of the Regular Army, Regular Navy, Regular Air Force, or Regular Marine Corps.

So the right of people outside these categories to bear and carry arms may be infringed, right?

Like six year olds, all women, many aged men, all those under 17...

Section 328 - Active Guard and Reserve duty: Governor's authority 32 U.S. Code Section 313 - Appointments and enlistments: age limitations (a) To be eligible for original enlistment in the National Guard, a person must be at least 17 years of age and under 45, or under 64 years of age and a former member of the Regular Army, Regular Navy, Regular Air Force, or Regular Marine Corps.

So the right of people outside these categories to bear and carry arms may be infringed, right?

Like six year olds, all women, many aged men, all those under 17...
When the Redcoats or Indians were coming, dads in his family were telling their sons, you have to put that rifle down, you're not old enough to defend our home. :biggrin:

OK, I'll come clean. They're really to protect us against creepy people on internet discussion boards.
You are wrong and I doughty you know anyone that owns one. I also believe you have never gone out for a day shooting them. So since all you know is what other idiots tell you shut up talking of something you know nothing about.

You are wrong and I doughty you know anyone that owns one. I also believe you have never gone out for a day shooting them. So since all you know is what other idiots tell you shut up talking of something you know nothing about.

No idea where you're coming from, bro. I collect, repair, shoot, and hunt with firearms. I handload 10 different calibers, have a range in my back yard, and have carried a concealed Glock G19 every day I leave the house, for the last 11 years.

You must be confusing me with someone else.

It makes you sound mentally challenged.

Having guns is not going to protect you from the police or military. With normal police equipment, SWAT teams, police tactics and fire power etc, they can easily neutralize any armed threat or movement. They wouldn't even break a sweat. Not to mention, police surveillance tactics will make it impossible for an anti-government group to organize a big enough threat to the regime. You don't have a chance. And that is only the police. Your little AR-15 isn't going to do anything to a drone, tank, apache helicopter, fighter jet or combat unit (much less special forces). There is a reason you have not seen a people's uprising to over-throw a government even in Africa in decade. And really only Sudan has been overthrown by a military coup.

No, the only reason you want certain guns (such as a AR-15) is because you like to have them.

It is true the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and good people, including AR-15 owners. But that 1% or 0.05% that are not responsible can cause havoc, as we just saw in Highland park (an event I was on my way to attend and an event to which I know many people that were directly effected).

If you want to hunt, then a single shot hunting rifle will suffice. If it is about home defense, then handguns and shotguns (which as both short-range) would be sufficient.

There are many things that can be done, such as arm teachers, have cops in schools, secure soft targets, better mental health facilities, red flag rules and immunity for snitching, involuntary institutionalization, high standards for gun ownership, higher and minimum sentences for illegal gun possession, Federal no buy lists, vicarious liability for guns for the gun owner etc., but stop with the argument that you need guns for tyrannical governments! Because it is foolish.

There should be a ban on all guns other then single shot hunting rifles, handguns and shotguns.

Now I know handguns are by far the weapon of choice in the vast number of homicides, but so called "assault rifles" (yes I know that is a term the liberals made up) it by far a more sufficient weapon to commit mass murder then a handgun, even if they are semi-automatic (vs full).

Keep sticking to these stances that turn off the moderates (e.g. ban on abortion and do nothing on guns) and then cry about how Demorats can win with gas over $5-6, out of control inflation, major blunders in foreign policy and everyone hating woke politics. If the Demorats keep the House and pick up senate seats you are going to see the most radical changes to this country that we haver ever seen.
I've answered this one several times. Asymmetric warfare has been successful for several countries that were technologically less advanced than the other side. Afghanistan and Vietnam come to mind.

Another issue is that it's illegal for the regular military to enforce US law so the Government would have to rely on the National Guard and the police. These forces would potentially be firing on their friends, family and neighbors and they will not do that. If you bring National Guard and police from other states I bet money they will have to fight there counter parts and then we have a civil war.

Things like the stuff today's US army uses. Or are you being obtuse on purpose?

So a Kbar knife must be illegal to own? Jeeps obviously have to be outlawed - they practically scream "military vehicle." Hummers have to go too. Oh and Doc Martins.

You're being an idiot.

You seek to disarm the enemies of your party - nothing more, nothing less.

So a Kbar knife must be illegal to own? Jeeps obviously have to be outlawed - they practically scream "military vehicle." Hummers have to go too. Oh and Doc Martins.

You're being an idiot.

You seek to disarm the enemies of your party - nothing more, nothing less.
/——-/ And don’t forget other things the military uses like camouflage clothing, nail clippers, toothbrushes, combs and cell phones. Ban them all.

Please quote the part in the 2nd Amendment were it puts age limits on carrying guns. I want my 6 year be packing at school, for or against?
{ “Militia” in the American legal lexicon means the entirety of the able-bodied adult population, properly organized, armed, and disciplined pursuant to statute in some effective manner at all times. This ties in directly with Congress’s constitutional power and duty “[t]o provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia”.}

Your bullshit fails again, moron.

Forum List

Back