Can The Students Be Silenced?

So, what solution do you have? People control? If so, how do you decide who should and who should not own, possess or have in their custody or control a gun?

There is no singular solution to our national disgrace. It requires men and women of good will to proffer ideas and evaluate their merit. Something unheard of on this thread, and on every thread related to gun violence.

1) Put people in jail who've had their right to buy a gun revoked with due process of law

2) We already have training and background checks for people with CC permits

What more than that is required?

The question is, what more is necessary. And I've argued licensing and registration.

And then when we ban CC permit holders from CCs shooters like Florida will be stopped and shooters won't be able to buy illegal guns either? Licensing and registration will make our kids safe? How would that have solved the Florida shooting since he shouldn't have had the right to buy a gun because he was a known psycho making threats and the government you love fucked up over and over and over?

Have you run all this by your drug dealer? Your theory that if you make things illegal then people can't get them? What did your drug dealer say about that?

Doing the same thing with the same results over and over is insane - which would disallow you to ever be licensed to own or possess a gun.

That's why you and other so obsessed with their guns hide behind the 2nd A., those of us not fearful of what a background check will reveal do not object to this common sense approach at people control.,

There is most likely well over 400 million firearms in the country legally, what percentage of those are used in violent crime? A fraction of a fraction of a fraction tops?

It seems the reader can infer you would never pass a background check, since you ignored that part of the post you quoted and proceeded to posted this off topic response.

What have you done to be so fearful of a background check?

1) Put people in jail who've had their right to buy a gun revoked with due process of law

The question is, what more is necessary. And I've argued licensing and registration.

And then when we ban CC permit holders from CCs shooters like Florida will be stopped and shooters won't be able to buy illegal guns either? Licensing and registration will make our kids safe? How would that have solved the Florida shooting since he shouldn't have had the right to buy a gun because he was a known psycho making threats and the government you love fucked up over and over and over?

Have you run all this by your drug dealer? Your theory that if you make things illegal then people can't get them? What did your drug dealer say about that?

Doing the same thing with the same results over and over is insane - which would disallow you to ever be licensed to own or possess a gun.

That's why you and other so obsessed with their guns hide behind the 2nd A., those of us not fearful of what a background check will reveal do not object to this common sense approach at people control.,

There is most likely well over 400 million firearms in the country legally, what percentage of those are used in violent crime? A fraction of a fraction of a fraction tops?

It seems the reader can infer you would never pass a background check, since you ignored that part of the post you quoted and proceeded to posted this off topic response.

We already have background checks with every purchase of a firearm in a retail store.

So, what solution do you have? People control? If so, how do you decide who should and who should not own, possess or have in their custody or control a gun?

There is no singular solution to our national disgrace. It requires men and women of good will to proffer ideas and evaluate their merit. Something unheard of on this thread, and on every thread related to gun violence.

What are you talking about? It just sounds like you're a bitter little man. What did some chick with an attitude beat you up? What happened to your balls that you can't defend yourself and you want government to do it for you?

How'd that work out for the 17 people who were murdered while your precious government waited outside?

I'm not bitter and I'm 6'2" and weigh 230 pounds, and I can still bench press my weight (not as many reps as I could 50 years ago). For the record my wife and I have been together since 1974; she's feisty but at 5'2" not capable of "beating me up".

So, once again you are full of shit, post off topic and use a logical fallacy.

We already have background checks with every purchase of a firearm in a retail store.

They're are cursory background checks. Nothing like the vetting my unit did when checking the backgrounds of LE applicants.

What are you talking about? It just sounds like you're a bitter little man. What did some chick with an attitude beat you up? What happened to your balls that you can't defend yourself and you want government to do it for you?

How'd that work out for the 17 people who were murdered while your precious government waited outside?

I'm not bitter and I'm 6'2" and weigh 230 pounds, and I can still bench press my weight (not as many reps as I could 50 years ago). For the record my wife and I have been together since 1974; she's feisty but at 5'2" not capable of "beating me up".

You're just a sucker for a chick who's too quick to smack you in your glass jaw. You go down like a sack of potatoes.

So why do you want to disarm citizens and prevent us from defending ourselves and rely on government to do it for us if you're a tough guy?

Why do you have to spin Trump quotes to be racist when even you admit now you can't find any actual racist quote from him?

How'd relying on government to protect us work for 17 people in Florida?

Students Aren’t Waiting for March or April. They’re Protesting Now.
Every day since February 21, high-school and middle-school students across the country have protested for stronger gun laws, often by walking out of class.

Students Aren’t Waiting for March or April. They’re Protesting Now.

Yes. They are protesting. That’s why they are skipping class.

For the sake of argument let’s assume they are actually protesting. How is refusing to learn a protest that hurts anyone but themselves?

This opinion is foolish ^^^. The First Amendment gives the students the right to petition the government for a redress of their grievances. The students who do are acting in a manner real conservatives would applaud, sadly the last real conservative died on a Tuesday (Nov. 8, 2016 to be exact).

This reponse is foolish.

No one denied that the students have a right to petition their government, they had nothing to do with this so called protest. A protest and petition are not at all the same thing.

And you’ve missed the point. If you think most students are cutting school to “protest” you don’t know many teenagers. Many are cutting school to cut school.

Why do I know this? Because any thinking rational person realizes that “protesting” by refusing to educate yourself is stupid. So those protesting are those who don’t want to be learning.

If they cared about their education they would be reaching out and petitioning in a way that doesn’t sell out their education

I see, that you have a boyfriend makes you fearful you couldn't pass the background check.

Don't worry, being gay is not a factor in making such a decision. Gays and lesbians have equal rights and an equal opportunity to be licensed to own or possess a gun if they pass other restrictions.

They're are cursory background checks. Nothing like the vetting my unit did when checking the backgrounds of LE applicants.
Millions of firearms are purchased every year legally, maybe a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of those are used in violent crimes… Tops

And yet only 3% of crimes are committed with legally purchased guns.

The problem with the background checks is there is no consequence for failing one. You can just go from store to store until someone makes a mistake.

Leftists used to have the intellectual integrity to admit that it's damned hard to stop a determined mass murderer. You no longer have that integrity and pretend gun laws will do the trick because of course criminals wouldn't break the law and buy an illegal gun. And our drug laws prove that when you make something illegal, no one can get it, right, Einstein?

The way to stop murderers is to keep them in jail. If someone tries to buy a gun illegally and they fail a background check, then arrest them. I'd be for that. But since leftists also oppose that, it only ends up being a hassle for honest citizens

I see, that you have a boyfriend makes you fearful you couldn't pass the background check.

Don't worry, being gay is not a factor in making such a decision. Gays and lesbians have equal rights and an equal opportunity to be licensed to own or possess a gun if they pass other restrictions.

What are you, 13?

You're just a sucker for a chick who's too quick to smack you in your glass jaw. You go down like a sack of potatoes.

So why do you want to disarm citizens and prevent us from defending ourselves and rely on government to do it for us if you're a tough guy?

Why do you have to spin Trump quotes to be racist when even you admit now you can't find any actual racist quote from him?

Nice rant, too bad you are so dishonest, does your boyfriend know you lie so often?

What are you, 13?

Nope, the most I ever could press was 7 times my weight. At my age by last count was 3, and the last one was a struggle. Not bad, I did that on my 70th Birthday.

Since the student survivors of the mass murder at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School began their drive to ban the sale of semi-automatic, assault type rifles, the tremendous response from other students nationwide has turned their cause into a strong, grass roots movement.

Conservatives and their leaders are deeply concerned over the possible results this overwhelming number of kids could have. Conservatives, gun nuts, and Republican politicians are appalled by these kids demanding their safety be a priority over the gun nuts’ lunatic desire to own the phallic symbol that is their favorite to stroke and kiss.

Due to this uncontrollable fear conservatives have at the thought of losing their penile substitute, Mitch McConnell decided to ignore the growing number of young voters in this movement. With the coming mid-term elections, these many, many, many students now have the potential to join with tens-of-millions of progressive voters and put the Democrats in control of congress.

In addition to Mitch, conservative community leaders, conservatives on school boards and school administrators have done all they can to stifle the students’ enthusiasm. And now, the National Parks Service is doing so.

A “March For Our Lives” rally was planned by the Stoneman Douglas survivors to take place on the Mall in D.C., but organizers were refused a permit by the National Parks Service management. A representative for the Park Service cited a conflict with a “talent show” as the reason.

The co-executive producer of “Dancing With the Stars” Deena Katz was brought in by the Stoneman Douglas survivors to plan the major event and has a nearly $2 million budget. The money is was raised with a “GoFundMe page, along with donations from Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg and George and Amal Clooney.”

The “talent show” permit application listed equipment for the film crew’s use for the Mall as two tables, two bikes and jump ropes.

The list on the permit application for the March For Our Lives rally included 14 Jumbotrons, 2,000 chairs and 2,000 portable restrooms to be funded with part of the $2 million.

This equipment will be used by the “student speakers, musical performers, guest speakers and video tributes,” and up to an estimated 500,000 attendees, according to the permit application.

The D.C. location for March For Our Lives rally is just one of many big and small events planned in cities across the nation on the same day.

For the conservatives, the gun nuts, and Republican politicians sworn to serve the NRA, be afraid, be very afraid. And keep trying to silence this protest by these young voters. Their anger is not going away, and their numbers are growing. How many millions in 2018? And how many millions more in 2020? Yes, be afraid, be very, very afraid. (And keep pi$$ing them off. It can only help their cause.)

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, the conservatives remain either unaware or will deny their individual response to this thread is their typical nonsense consisting of denial, alternate facts, and/or off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, deflection, memes, etc.). Their mindless prattle is expected by people of reason, who also realize it is a waste of time to offer the conservatives any reply.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/organizers-plan-for-500000-attendees-at-march-for-our-lives-rally-in-washington/2018/02/22/a9ff1992-17f9-11e8-8ac5-84161111ace0_story.html?utm_term=.353cdd5cb3f1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/march-for-our-lives-gun-control-rally-bumped-from-mall-by-talent-show/2018/03/01/ad8c7268-1cc6-11e8-9496-c89dc446c2d3_story.html?utm_term=.66b0cab356d5

No these kids can't be silenced but they've got to do more than that. They have got to vote this coming November in the midterm election cycle. If you're 18 years old and not registered, register to vote now! If you're going to be 18 soon, register to vote as soon as you are. If you have friends that are 18 make sure they register and they VOTE. If you're away at college plan ahead to receive a mail-in ballot from your home state.

Someone who doesn't vote or votes for any Republican is voting for more sympathies and prayer vigils. Even though the Florida state legislature did a gun restriction on age, and as soon as you forget about it, and are not looking they'll go right back to the old gun regulations by lowering the age limit. Republicans have done this before. Do not be fooled by this.

The NRA is the Republican parties campaign cash cow and they are going to protect that cow no matter what.

The gun rights organization spent a stupendous $54.4 million in the 2016 election cycle, almost all of it in "independent expenditures," meaning spending for or against a candidate but not a direct contribution to a campaign. The money went almost entirely to Republicans to a degree that almost looks like a misprint (but isn't): Of independent expenditures totaling $52.6 million, Democrats received $265. Yes, that's 265 dollars.If you're looking for a reason that politicians are quick to declare that their "thoughts and prayers" are with the victims of the horrific slaughters that have become virtually routine in American life, but do nothing further to stop them, look no further.
'Thoughts and prayers' — and fistfuls of NRA money: Why America can't control guns

edtoon_COLOR_NRA_CO_Gun_Massacre.jpg

If you want common sense gun control in this country, you'll have to vote for Democrats this coming November in the 2018 mid term election cycle.

If common sense had anything to do with democrats gun control policies, they would be able to persuade people with out using the fear and grief of people who should be mourning. Democrat policies are purely emotion based. If reason was involved they wouldn’t be pushing policies that actually did something to stop mass shootings rather than ones that wouldn’t have changed anything.

Common sense gun control is placing the gun in your own hands so you can use it to protect yourself rather than remain unarmed targets for evil men. Common sense is using the tools you have to stop evil rather than making it illegal to have those tools.

Republicans have owned the house since 2010. The Aurora theater shooting happened, they did nothing. Virginia Tech happened, they did nothing, Sandy Hook happened, they did nothing, San Bernardino, California happened they did nothing, Orlando, Florida happened they did nothing, Las Vegas, Nevada happened, they did nothing, Sutherland Springs, Texas happened they did nothing, and Parkland, Florida happened and they won't do nothing. A total of 9 mass shootings since Republicans have held the house and they have refused to do anything. They haven't even talked about bump stocks being sold across this country.

Anything the NRA wants, the Republican party makes certain it happens.

What they did do is eliminate mental health background checks Obama initiated after Sandy Hook, as soon as Trump walked through the oval office door.
Trump repeals an Obama regulation keeping guns from people with certain mental health conditions

Obama asked Republicans to put people who were on no fly lists and terrorist watch lists on NO gun lists, and Republicans said NO.
Obama: It's 'insane' that people on the 'no-fly' list can buy guns - CNNPolitics

Then Orlando, Florida happened where a terrorist was on an FBI watch list walked into a gun store was able to load up and he killed 49 innocent people, and Republicans still did NOTHING. They didn't even think maybe Obama was right, these people should be on no gun lists.
Orlando shooting: 49 killed, shooter pledged ISIS allegiance - CNN

RogerR20120424_low.jpg

Florida just passed a law that requires a 21 age limit on all gun purchases and the NRA has already launched a law suit.

The National Rifle Association on Friday sued Florida over new gun restrictions that were signed into law in response to the Parkland school shooting that killed 17 people. The NRA filed the lawsuit just hours after Gov. Rick Scott signed the legislation, which, in addition to funding for school safety programs, raises the age limit for buying rifles from 18 to 21 and extends a three-day waiting period for handgun purchases to include long guns. It also establishes a program to arm trained teachers and campus employees.The NRA, however, is asking a federal judge to stop the new age requirement, arguing it violates the Constitution.
The NRA Is Suing Florida Over New Gun Control Laws Put In Place After The Parkland Shooting

Who is going to side with the NRA on this law suit against Florida?---REPUBLICANS are.

handelsman041313.jpg

'Thoughts and prayers' — and fistfuls of NRA money: Why America can't control guns

If you want common sense gun controls in this country, you'll have to VOTE for Democrats this coming November in the midterm election cycle. If you don't vote or vote for Republicans, you're just casting a vote for more sympathies and prayer vigils.

Why would they do anything? The constitution limits the authority they have to act with reserving that power to the states and the people.

The issue isn't the federal government isn’t doing enough (though had the government followed protocol this last shooting wouldn’t have happened). The issue is the states and the people haven’t done enough.

Rather than exercise your right to self defense, you are giving bureaucrats power to infringe on that right. Instead of being parents and teaching your children how to defend themselves and what to do in these situations, you are trying to take away their right to defend themselves and putting them in the hands of people protesting at the idea of protecting them.

We used to teach students how to fire a gun at schools. Now we teach them to be victims.

No the problem isnt Congress here

It’s you

What are you, 13?

Nope, the most I ever could press was 7 times my weight. At my age by last count was 3, and the last one was a struggle. Not bad, I did that on my 70th Birthday.

Says the Internet tough guy who wants our only self defense option when we're being shot at to sit and wait for the cops. How'd that work for the 17 people in Florida who waited for the cops and died while they sat outside waiting for the shooting to end?

Yeah, you're really tough.

Maybe the shooter has a phone and you can play multi-player games while you wait

Nice rant, too bad you are so dishonest, does your boyfriend know you lie so often?

Suddenly your leftist friends are OK with gay jokes.

So you're in your 70s and your insults never moved past high school?

The fact that a Progressive will say whatever they think can spark an emotion to benefit their cause ...
Is just an example of the idea it doesn't matter what the children say, or if they say it ... Because that has nothing to do with whether or not it is a good idea.

The fact that a Progressive will say whatever they think can spark an emotion to benefit their cause ...
Is just an example of the idea it doesn't matter what the children say, or if they say it ... Because that has nothing to do with whether or not it is a good idea.

Yes. And of course the "children" cannot be silenced, it's a free country. I'm sure you agree with that. But their strategy here

Leftist parents to their kids - all this time I've been teaching you leftism and how the first obligation of every leftist is to victimize ourselves first. This is your chance, you were in a terrible shooting. Go out and do it.

Leftist children - victimize themselves for leftism as they were taught

Leftists - OMG, look how courageous the children are!

There's nothing courageous about saying I'm a victim and I want my way because of it

Forum List

Back