🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Can Trump win the general election?

Trump can win if he can get the voters to the voting booths. Those independents, especially.

can trump win? theoretically, yes.

practically? no.

it was going to be a tough election for a good gop candidate. the electoral college map.does not favor them. trump is not a good candidate and has alienated people he needed to win over.

That's how Howard Stern got so rich. He said half of the people that listen love him, and the other half hates him, but they all tune in. Now he is the reason for the success of satellite radio.

And we've seen this theory in play throughout the Trump campaign. Oh, Trump said this, so he's finished now. Oh, Trump said that, so it's all over for him" and yet with each claim, he only got more popular.

I don't participate in the dozens of poll discussions on USMB. That's because they don't mean anything--especially this early in the game. The thing to watch is the voter participation rate. That's what will tell you who the winner and loser is likely to be.

Trump can sell out stadiums with standing room only. Hillary is lucky if she can fill a high school gym. If their popularity holds all the way to November, it will be President Trump.

Stern is honest with his fans. Trump is not.

And Stern is a Clinton supporter.

practically? no.

it was going to be a tough election for a good gop candidate. the electoral college map.does not favor them. trump is not a good candidate and has alienated people he needed to win over.

That's how Howard Stern got so rich. He said half of the people that listen love him, and the other half hates him, but they all tune in. Now he is the reason for the success of satellite radio.

And we've seen this theory in play throughout the Trump campaign. Oh, Trump said this, so he's finished now. Oh, Trump said that, so it's all over for him" and yet with each claim, he only got more popular.

I don't participate in the dozens of poll discussions on USMB. That's because they don't mean anything--especially this early in the game. The thing to watch is the voter participation rate. That's what will tell you who the winner and loser is likely to be.

Trump can sell out stadiums with standing room only. Hillary is lucky if she can fill a high school gym. If their popularity holds all the way to November, it will be President Trump.

we also aren't electing our next shock jock.

practically? no.

we also aren't electing our next shock jock.

Hey......watch it!

Trump hasn't even been officially nominated yet. The question is whether Hillary can even run much less win. I guess it's the first time in history that a sitting president has ever endorsed a candidate who is under a criminal investigation by the justice dept. but that's Obama politics for you, hope that something changes

He is a leftist which is why I haven't listened to him the last several years. In fact, I just quit my satellite radio last month.

But the point is even if Trump aggravates people, they tend to listen to what he says, and yes, some deep down inside agree with him. He brought in record number of viewers for the debates early on, sells out arenas, and busted a new record for Republican election turnout in the primaries.

But more than that is even the most staunch Trump hater will have to ask themselves if they really want to give Hillary all that power considering the history of her abuse of power. They can tall the pollsters, their friends, their coworkers, even their blog buddies anything they want. It's how they vote when nobody is around that counts.

I wish Hillary supporter s would stop celebrating and get serious.

Trump can still win the election. If he does,it is the democrats fault!

Here is how:

1. Even if a bunch of lies, Trump promises things people wants!

A. returning jobs from overseas(too late!! Those jobs are gone!)

B. Fight illegal immigration with a wall and deportation (but tunnels already exist, and you have to find them before you can deport them. Trump is forcing illegal immigrants to hide deeper underground!)

C Reducing the debt by defaulting and renegotiations (this will devalue the dollar drastically!! Economists claims this will to a depression worst than the Great Depression!!)

Democrats must challenge the feasibility of these policies and offer solutions that are not only possible, but less destructive.

2. His campaign/Rallies are exciting!

One reason is because he has more talent to keep an audience attention.
Another is the wanton violence around his event!!

The first part, nothing can be done about it. The 2nd part is to denounce the violence around Trumps rally and tell people to avoid going there if they cannot restrain their anger. Add in that people will find cause with Trump if they keep attacking his supporters.

3.He has an army of blindly sycophants surrounding his campaign.

If it was possible to show them that Trump promises are not reality, they would abandon him. However, the best thing one can do is try to keep this army from growing. Hence, measure your words and responses when criticizing Trump, but criticize Trump. Do not criticize the supporter!! The supporter will resist you even more if you insult them. Pose questions that they know how to answer and let them think about it.

It is easier for people to realize they are wrong than to admit they are wrong. Keep this in mind when talking to them. Try not to force them to state the point!

4. Trump biggest weakness seems to be discussing serious policy question. Try to turn any discussion with Trump to this. Normally Trump will try to deflect through mindless complaint. Don't let him. Keep asking the question he try to avoid.

Failure to confront Trump correctly can lead to a Trump victory in November! So stop dancing and take Trump seriously, even if you can't .
He can win, certainly, but the combination of the GOP's electoral vote disadvantage and, uh, Trump will make it tough.

Hillary's flawed and vulnerable, it could happen.

THe leftist distaste for white men and working class whites is one of the factors that put Democratic working class whites in play.

As demonstrated by the blatant bigotry shown by ogiblillm.
Blatant bigotry? help me out, tell me how i was bigoted

You show contempt for a group, working class whites. You are a bigot.
contempt for? how so?

Old and uneducated. The negative spin is obvious.
i didn't invent the demographics of republican voters in general and trump supporters in particular
When they vote for your side, they are the oh so deserving Poor, or Disadvantaged.

Let them disagree with you and suddenly, you need to draw attention to their lack of education.

And "old"? Really?

Trump is going to win whites as an OVERALL group. YOu know that, if you are honestly with yourself.

Because you dems NEVER win the white vote.

You can't.
lol. and the gop only wins the white vote.

and those white votes that trump wins will skew older and less educated, as the republican vote always does

You did invent your negative spin on it.

And as I said, if Trump is going to win the white vote, calling it old and male uneducated is insulting to the millions of young white educated women who will be voting for Trump.

That's they kind of bigotry that will make sure that you lefties never win the White Vote.

THe leftist distaste for white men and working class whites is one of the factors that put Democratic working class whites in play.

As demonstrated by the blatant bigotry shown by ogiblillm.

contempt for? how so?

When they vote for your side, they are the oh so deserving Poor, or Disadvantaged.

Let them disagree with you and suddenly, you need to draw attention to their lack of education.

And "old"? Really?

Trump is going to win whites as an OVERALL group. YOu know that, if you are honestly with yourself.

You can't.

He may win white men. He can then be President of Whitemansylvania.

He will win the majority of the largest single demographic block.

If he wins by big enough, he will win the election.

You lefties just keep insulting working class whites.

Notice how the cheerleading for Trump threads have all but disappeared from Politics?

I have not noticed.

What point are you trying to make?

That the bulk of the Trumpbots on this forum are gutless.

Bravery is measured by how many "cheerleading" threads people start?

That's really stupid.

You'll just say ANYTHING as long as it is negative about your enemies, won't you?

Without any regard for truthfulness or logic, or even sanity.

contempt for? how so?

And "old"? Really?

You can't.

Last poll I saw had Trump leading amongst uneducated white males 75-15.

And still losing overall.

I wish Hillary supporter s would stop celebrating and get serious.

Trump can still win the election. If he does,it is the democrats fault!

Here is how:

1. Even if a bunch of lies, Trump promises things people wants!

A. returning jobs from overseas(too late!! Those jobs are gone!)

B. Fight illegal immigration with a wall and deportation (but tunnels already exist, and you have to find them before you can deport them. Trump is forcing illegal immigrants to hide deeper underground!)

C Reducing the debt by defaulting and renegotiations (this will devalue the dollar drastically!! Economists claims this will to a depression worst than the Great Depression!!)

Democrats must challenge the feasibility of these policies and offer solutions that are not only possible, but less destructive.

2. His campaign/Rallies are exciting!

One reason is because he has more talent to keep an audience attention.
Another is the wanton violence around his event!!

The first part, nothing can be done about it. The 2nd part is to denounce the violence around Trumps rally and tell people to avoid going there if they cannot restrain their anger. Add in that people will find cause with Trump if they keep attacking his supporters.

3.He has an army of blindly sycophants surrounding his campaign.

If it was possible to show them that Trump promises are not reality, they would abandon him. However, the best thing one can do is try to keep this army from growing. Hence, measure your words and responses when criticizing Trump, but criticize Trump. Do not criticize the supporter!! The supporter will resist you even more if you insult them. Pose questions that they know how to answer and let them think about it.

It is easier for people to realize they are wrong than to admit they are wrong. Keep this in mind when talking to them. Try not to force them to state the point!

4. Trump biggest weakness seems to be discussing serious policy question. Try to turn any discussion with Trump to this. Normally Trump will try to deflect through mindless complaint. Don't let him. Keep asking the question he try to avoid.

Failure to confront Trump correctly can lead to a Trump victory in November! So stop dancing and take Trump seriously, even if you can't .
He can win, certainly, but the combination of the GOP's electoral vote disadvantage and, uh, Trump will make it tough.

Hillary's flawed and vulnerable, it could happen.

Trump is a plus. He is giving those Working Class White Dems we need a reason to cross party lines.

And if the lefties keep insulting those voters, maybe they will finally NOT go back to where they are not wanted.

contempt for? how so?

And "old"? Really?

You can't.

How was he doing with educated white males?

Or white women?

Hillary is running on nothing but panic mongering now. That's a move of desperation.

If we call her on her hysterical bullshit, it will fail.

He can and will. People have tuned out the liberal media and want change, despite the best efforts of cnn and MSNBC. People sick of Hillary kissing the ass of every group and subgroup in America and thus dividing America and playing the race card.

He can and will. People have tuned out the liberal media and want change, despite the best efforts of cnn and MSNBC. People sick of Hillary kissing the ass of every group and subgroup in America and thus dividing America and playing the race card.

There was a recent thread about a rally in Orlando for those killed.

This one black speaker stated that she was afraid when she saw how many white people there were.

Then she continued with speaking down to the crowd because they were white.

The looks on the faces of these old stupid white lesbians in the front row was priceless.

I wanted to ask them, "So, this is the multicultural diversity society that you have been working towards and supporting for your whole life. How do you like it, you stupid cow?"

contempt for? how so?

And "old"? Really?

You can't.

How was he doing with educated white males?

Or white women?

Hillary is running on nothing but panic mongering now. That's a move of desperation.

If we call her on her hysterical bullshit, it will fail.

He's trailing amongst white women and ahead slightly amongst educated white males.

But Trump has to do better amongst all whites than Romney, and he's not doing that.

FTR Romney won white women.

Forum List

Back