Can we cut the bullshit about spending under Obama?

What did Obama buy with all that money he spent?

Can one of you CON$ answer that?

Just for starters, here are a few companies that Obama loaned taxpayer money too and the US government still owns a chunk of GM stock.

A partial list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:
1. Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
2. SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
3. Solyndra ($535 million)*
4. Beacon Power ($43 million)*
5. Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
6. SunPower ($1.2 billion)
7. First Solar ($1.46 billion)
8. Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
9. EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
10. Amonix ($5.9 million)
11. Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
12. Abound Solar ($400 million)*
13. A123 Systems ($279 million)*
14. Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
15. Johnson Controls ($299 million)
16. Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
17. ECOtality ($126.2 million)
18. Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
19. Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
20. Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
21. Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
22. Range Fuels ($80 million)*
23. Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
24. Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
25. Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
26. GreenVolts ($500,000)
27. Vestas ($50 million)
28. LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
29. Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
30. Navistar ($39 million)
31. Satcon ($3 million)*
32. Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
33. Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)

Link required.

OK, so the increased debt is not due to lower revenue.
Again your statement is wrong. Just admit you were wrong and let's go on to the next issue.

That's not what I said retard. Lower VALUE of revenue has greatly contributed to our debt.

You actually did not say that.
First you said it was lower revenue. I showed that was untrue.
Then you said it was lower revenue per GDP. I showed that was also wrong.
Now you have some amorphous thing called "value of revenue" that somehow varies independent of value of debt or value of spending. I want an explanation for what "value of revenue" means.
It can't mean inflation. Inflation would lower the deficit and debt, other things being equal. In any case inflation has been running under 2% so it cant have much effect.
So what, precisely is "value of revenue"?

Um no. I will admit I was unclear about the nuance of the low revenue the beginning, however I made it abundantly clear now. Revenue as a percentage of GDP is much lower than it has ever been. That is a fact. Just because you don't accept facts doesn't mean you proved me wrong, you dumb toddler.

The VALUE of revenue is what I meant by percentage of GDP. Less revenue means more debt. Revenue is what pays the government's bills. With less revenue, more money has to be borrowed..Why you can't wrap your tiny brain around this concept just boggles me.

Last edited:
Um no that 24 billion came from standard and poor.

Link?

You are dreadfully ignorant.

S&P Cuts US Growth View - Business Insider

Of course, I knew. I know how prone you are to hyperbole. You however think 24 billion is a lot of money compared to how much Obama himself has spent in 5 years. $6.4 trillion has been borrowed, taxed and spent, as compared to a 2 week long shutdown.

$24 Billion? Really? The government spends that in less than 2 days. Come on, you can't be serious. It appears to me my friend, you are dreadfully ignorant.

Just for starters, here are a few companies that Obama loaned taxpayer money too and the US government still owns a chunk of GM stock.

27. Vestas ($50 million)
31. Satcon ($3 million)*

Link required.

Research capability required. Stop being lazy.

The PJ Tatler » Heritage Foundation Publishes Complete List of Obama?s ?Green? Flops
Up to 50 Obama-backed energy companies financially troubled | The Daily Caller
List: The 36 Obama-Funded Green Energy Failures? | Weasel Zippers
LIST: Obama?s Failed Green-Energy Companies « FactReal
List: 36 Of Obama?s Taxpayer-Funded Green Energy Failures - Fox Nation
http://greencorruption.blogspot.com/2012/10/green-alert-tracking-president-obamas.html

Last edited:

Of course, I knew. I know how prone you are to hyperbole. You however think 24 billion is a lot of money compared to how much Obama himself has spent in 5 years. $6.4 trillion has been borrowed, taxed and spent, as compared to a 2 week long shutdown.

$24 Billion? Really? The government spends that in less than 2 days. Come on, you can't be serious. It appears to me my friend, you are dreadfully ignorant.

I was making that comparison to Solyndra. You cons get so butthurt over it and it was such a small loss.

I was making that comparison to Solyndra. You cons get so butthurt over it and it was such a small loss.

It isn't a small loss. Compared to the amount Obama's already spent, as also compared to how much of our tax dollars he wasted subsidizing the solar companies that went bankrupt. Just FYI: You were not comparing that to Solyndra, you were comparing that to the government shutdown. Busted.

Last edited:

It isn't a small loss. Compared to the amount Obama's already spent, as also compared to how much of our tax dollars he wasted subsidizing the solar companies that went bankrupt. Just FYI: You were not comparing that to Solyndra, you were comparing that to the government shutdown. Busted.

I seriously wonder about your IQ. The 24 billion loss was from the gov shutdown.

I seriously wonder about your IQ. The 24 billion loss was from the gov shutdown.

And you're all over the place. That's says much about your intellectual capabilities, Billy. Do you have any clue as to what point you're trying to get across?

Apparently not.

Last edited:

27. Vestas ($50 million)
31. Satcon ($3 million)*

Link required.

Let me 'splain it to you. click ctrl C on one of the names of the companies. Go to google and click on ctrl V and you will get a whole page of articles about the company. You can do that 33 times or accept the facts as presented.

still waiting republicans ... heres your chance too tell us what bills were passed under obama that caused 7 trillion dollars of debt ??? you can nail us here ... now's your chance...

why do you need a spending bill to point to when you never have a budget.....?

Don't be stupid about this.. They are taking information directly from Standard and Poor.
And spinning it, like only the shameless White House shills at Business Insider can. I've seen this movie too many times.

Fool me once, shame on you.....

ok... see if you can answer the question ...so far none of you on the right have been able to ....

please tell us what bills did Obama sign into law that cost us 7 trillion dollars of debt ... can you answer that one ... just asking ...

doesn't fucking matter what bills, his administration has spent us into an additional 7 trillion in debt since he took office, more than any other president, the one simple fact that you cannot spin, deflect, or marginalize no matter how hard you try.

still waiting republicans ... heres your chance too tell us what bills were passed under obama that caused 7 trillion dollars of debt ??? you can nail us here ... now's your chance...

That is the problem. The Democrat controlled Senate refused to pass a budget for four straight years. The Republican controlled House did. Running the government on continuing resolutions with no restraint on spending is a good part of the problem.

That, and the fact that Obama has made no attempt to reform two large portions of entitlement spending, Social Security and Medicare.

Then there was the $831 Billion dollar stimulus bill that Obama got passed when he had a majority in both the Senate and the House. You do remember, the one that he joked about when someone finally told him there weren't any shovel ready jobs for him to spend it on!

Want to talk about waste? Your trillion dollar Iraq war cluster fuck was the waste.

Wait - you mean the Iraq war that the Dumbocrat-controlled Congress voted for? You mean that war? (Only Congress can declare war chief).

Would you like to try a new narrative?

I'm gonna guess his point is the tax cuts for middle and lower class income Americans have resulted in less revenue as a percentage of GDP, but I'm just guessing.

Actually the cuts for the wealthy.

God forbid you ever become wealthy, Billy. You seem to despise them so much.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Remember - he's a Dumbocrat. And Dumbocrats don't despise wealth - they despise people who have something they don't.

That's why Obama sits on tens of millions of dollars while is aunt, his brother, and his nephew all wallow in extreme poverty. That's why Hollywood leer jet limousine liberals wallow in hundreds of millions while so many go hungry.

And the best part? All of them evade the very taxes they profess to love... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back