Can we reasonably discuss Trump?

Fuck off. C'mon man, stop looking for excuses. I heard him. I can tell speech inflection. He was 'making an observation' my arse, He was drooling.

LMAO... So you HEARD him drooling? :rofl:

Again, he simply pointed out how women behave with powerful and wealthy men and he's right... they do. So you're upset that he made a valid observation?

BS re the reporter. I have never seen him do this before...

Well, I'm sorry, you've not watched him much. I've seen him do it numerous times for all kinds of people INCLUDING HIMSELF! Again-- the reporter in question doesn't have a disability that resembles what Trump did. His disability is a gimp hand that remains at his chest in a palsy state... that's all.... everything else about the man is perfectly normal, he doesn't speak funny or have any other funny mannerisms. Trump simply didn't mock his disability... that is a LIE that has been perpetrated by the left.

Criticism? Fuck off, he can't stand it. He tweets constantly and whines constantly. Bully? He was born a bully.

Yes, he responds to criticisms. He tweets because he can communicate directly with the public instantly and bypass the prejudice media. More power to him! He's not a bully, he's the guy who beats the crap out of the bully.

[

Again... He made a truthful comment about women and how they react to powerful wealthy men. He never said it was okay or acceptable or that he did it personally. It was an observational comment that is true.

He did NOT mock a reporter's disability. He mocked a reporter who had a disability. The reporter in question has a gimp hand that remains stationary at his chest. Trump's flailing hands gesture is consistent with the same gesture he has made for lots of people including himself. If he had pulled his hand up to his chest in a palsy state, I could see that he was mocking the disability of the reporter but that's not what he did.

He doesn't let criticism go without challenge. I don't blame him for that, I think that's precisely why a lot of people like him... he doesn't take shit off anybody. You hit him, he's going to hit back twice as hard. Good for him! That's how you deal with bullies... bust them in their fucking mouth!

Fuck off. C'mon man, stop looking for excuses. I heard him. I can tell speech inflection. He was 'making an observation' my arse, He was drooling.

Criticism? Fuck off, he can't stand it. He tweets constantly and whines constantly. Bully? He was born a bully.

I thought you were after honest discussion. You're not. You're an apologist for a despicable human being. Normal folks aren't buying your cup a Joe...

The guy is an egotistical, narcissistic fuckwit...

However you paint it, how do you think his supporters have felt? Bullied for their beliefs for a decade. Bullied if they don't believe a particular way. Bullied for wanting to defend their children and their dreams. Even now bullied for their political beliefs? Made to feel as if they are wrong for exericizing their rights.

If he's a bully it's because he is quite pissed. He is seeing middle America suffer and nobody gives a damn. He has seen China rise to become a larger economic threat than Russia ever was. Seen Iran get a sweetheart deal and the rise of ISIS. Watched as 11 million illegals, some of them committing crimes on multiple occasions are treated better than American citizens. Seeing border guards told to stand down while the border is violated with vigor. Seen the inner cities life is squalor while being given crumbs to vote for the same idiots who won't help. Seen nations abuse America in trade deals while refusing to call them out. Seeing the debt rise to $20 trillion while Americas infrastructure erodes.

Yes, maybe it's time for a bully in the White House, or at least someone who knows how to take a strong stand against the ridiculous. How else is this going to be turned around?

Okay, so the election happened and the transition is over. Donald John Trump is officially our 45th President of the United States of America. Some of us supported him enthusiastically, some of us held our noses and voted for him, some of us couldn't vote for him, some of us opposed him strongly and some probably didn't care one way or another. But he's now the president and he'll be the president unless he dies or gets impeached. Love him or hate him, that's now a fact of life.

I've been patient with those who supported Clinton and had to work through the shock of losing the election because I know how this feels. It takes you a while to work through the emotions and come to terms with things. In the meantime, you might say things that aren't very reasonable. I think we've all had time to let this soak in now and it's time we get on with the business of life.

I keep seeing these comments on social media and elsewhere about Trump being a racist, homophobe, misogynist, Hitler-like, etc. Whenever you question someone about such allegations, they just emote nonsense. They never can really tell me what the man said that supports such a charge. It's always a gross misinterpretation of something he said or did or an outright lie about something he never said or did. You have to twist things out of context and make false assumptions to reach this conclusion. When you have to do that, it's not reasonable. You're not making a reasoned argument.

Look, I totally get that a lot of people don't like his policy ideas. I understand an objection to things he has proposed doing or positions he has taken. I don't agree with Trump on everything, in fact, I couldn't actually cast my vote for him in the general. He said too many things that contradict my conservative principles and he just didn't meet my criteria to earn my vote. But he's not a racist. He's not a homophobe or misogynist. I see no comparison whatsoever to Hitler. I don't even think he is a narcissist. He's very confident in himself, I'll give you that. He can be very cocky and abrasively arrogant, and sometimes that can be construed as narcissism.

So now, if you have calmed down emotionally enough to reasonably discuss Trump, I am willing to entertain your thoughts on these allegations of whatever. This isn't a flame-fest or thread for you to emotively vent your frustration with the outcome of the elections. It's not about policies or politics in general, I realize many people disagree on his policies and politics. This is specifically for the reasoned discussion of Trump's personal views on race, gender, lifestyle, etc. It's time to put your evidence on the table and let's have a reasoned evaluation based on the facts.
If you really want such a thing, you may want to try this in the Clean Debate Zone. At least the nasty personal insults and name-calling won't pollute the thread.

And even then, you're probably asking for too much. Emotions are still raw.

Trump's biggest closet fan weighs in.
Yeah, I'm such a big closet fan that I voted for Hillary. Just to throw people off.

You appear to be genetically capable of fundamental honesty.
Okay, so the election happened and the transition is over. Donald John Trump is officially our 45th President of the United States of America. Some of us supported him enthusiastically, some of us held our noses and voted for him, some of us couldn't vote for him, some of us opposed him strongly and some probably didn't care one way or another. But he's now the president and he'll be the president unless he dies or gets impeached. Love him or hate him, that's now a fact of life.

I've been patient with those who supported Clinton and had to work through the shock of losing the election because I know how this feels. It takes you a while to work through the emotions and come to terms with things. In the meantime, you might say things that aren't very reasonable. I think we've all had time to let this soak in now and it's time we get on with the business of life.

I keep seeing these comments on social media and elsewhere about Trump being a racist, homophobe, misogynist, Hitler-like, etc. Whenever you question someone about such allegations, they just emote nonsense. They never can really tell me what the man said that supports such a charge. It's always a gross misinterpretation of something he said or did or an outright lie about something he never said or did. You have to twist things out of context and make false assumptions to reach this conclusion. When you have to do that, it's not reasonable. You're not making a reasoned argument.

Look, I totally get that a lot of people don't like his policy ideas. I understand an objection to things he has proposed doing or positions he has taken. I don't agree with Trump on everything, in fact, I couldn't actually cast my vote for him in the general. He said too many things that contradict my conservative principles and he just didn't meet my criteria to earn my vote. But he's not a racist. He's not a homophobe or misogynist. I see no comparison whatsoever to Hitler. I don't even think he is a narcissist. He's very confident in himself, I'll give you that. He can be very cocky and abrasively arrogant, and sometimes that can be construed as narcissism.

So now, if you have calmed down emotionally enough to reasonably discuss Trump, I am willing to entertain your thoughts on these allegations of whatever. This isn't a flame-fest or thread for you to emotively vent your frustration with the outcome of the elections. It's not about policies or politics in general, I realize many people disagree on his policies and politics. This is specifically for the reasoned discussion of Trump's personal views on race, gender, lifestyle, etc. It's time to put your evidence on the table and let's have a reasoned evaluation based on the facts.
If you really want such a thing, you may want to try this in the Clean Debate Zone. At least the nasty personal insults and name-calling won't pollute the thread.

get

me

out

of

your

head

There ain't no "can be construed" about it, at all. He's the MODEL of classic Narcissistic Personality Disorder. No one else would be literally up all night sending whiny tweets at 3 in the morning. He's severely mentally ill. There's simply no question about that.

However, that's nothing we didn't all know before the election, so it's not in any way news.

As far as racist/misogynist etc --- who knows. Given that he's a born liar and con artist who's out to manipulate people for his own benefit (again, Numero Uno), it's hard to find evidence. Manipulating other people's bigoted views of racism, religious or ethnic hatred, whatever, is not the same thing as actually holding those views oneself. With a con artist you really can't tell what he really believes personally ----- as distinct from what he believes will benefit him personally.

I do believe he's a misogynist though. There's way too much evidence.

Let's start with the definition...

Misogyny - Wikipedia

Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls.

So according to this there is absolutely no way this man would hire women into positions of power in his companies......in an all male industry like construction....except he did....as one of the first men to do that at a time when it was unheard of.....who has women in all levels of leadership in his business enterprises.......oh...and the individual who ran his successful campaign....was a woman...and the lawyer handling his transition and explaining how he is moving out of his businesses...was a female lawyer....

So.....I guess that since he is a misogynist he would never do any of that......

But morons like you can keep saying it......lying and making things up are your specialty...

The answer is simple: Adolf Trump likes to control and fuck them. It ain't rocket science...

Do these people realize that when they defend Trump on this, they're repudiating every criticism of Bill Clinton ever made on the subject of women?

Of all the RW flip flops in the past year or two, maybe that turns out to be the biggest one.

I think that's extremely smart business and he's well within his rights to do this. It's the primary reason some people are wealthy and others aren't.

Well yes, being an immoral shitstain can get you money. The point is that it isn't ethical.

And you defend it, by use of the same "FAKE NEWS" screaming that every other cultist on the planet has used for centuries. You're not new and original with that. All cultists have always screamed that all critics of the cult messiah are evil, and that all facts which make the cult messiah look bad are faked.

Good we got that settled early, how you're far too brainwashed to ever recover, and how you're thus a waste a time to speak to. The only purpose you serve now is as an example to others of how joining a cult destroys both intellect and ethics, and as a reason why one should always hold a "Don't do business with any conservative unless you get all the money up front" rule.

No wait... it's not immoral to hold someone to the agreement they made. There's nothing unethical about that. And I wasn't the one who introduced the "fake news" meme in the modern political lexicon, that was YOUR side when Hillary needed an excuse for her loss.

And I'll say this... don't sign a fucking contract with me that you don't intend to honor. If you're not going to honor your contract, I'm not going to pay you... simple as that. It's business!
more excuses...excuses that you wouldn't accept if we were talking about a democrat and you know it

sure? what do you wanna know specifically? I'm guessing your looking for info you can't find on google alone right?

No, I am honestly trying to get to the bottom of what is causing all this overblown emotional anguish with some in our society. I don't understand it. This man has been in the public eye for 50 years and has never shown any indication of racism as far as I know, but suddenly he's a flaming racist. Same with women... yeah, he's been married a few times but so what? Homophobia? He's the most pro-LGBT candidate to ever win an election. So what is the root of all this? Where is it coming from? Is it simply about politics and nothing else? Is it because he's pro-life? Supports the 2nd Amendment? Wants to stop illegal immigration?

I think he is being falsely and irrationally judged based on hyperbole and rhetoric... nothing more. You've chosen to attack him personally because you don't agree with him politically. That's what I think.

The root of it all....he defeated the democrat. That is it. They have tactics they always use...the Republican is a racist, sexist, homophobe, and therefore must not only lose the election their reputation must be destroyed.....

He has shown no racist tendencies, he has shown no misogynistic tendencies......and yet they have claimed he is all of those things......

And narcissists.....obama fits all of it..........and yet they won't say it of him...

Yeah, I'm such a big closet fan that I voted for Hillary. Just to throw people off.

You appear to be genetically capable of fundamental honesty.

get

me

out

of

your

head

LEAVE POOR MAC ALONE!!!!

There ain't no "can be construed" about it, at all. He's the MODEL of classic Narcissistic Personality Disorder. No one else would be literally up all night sending whiny tweets at 3 in the morning. He's severely mentally ill. There's simply no question about that.

However, that's nothing we didn't all know before the election, so it's not in any way news.

As far as racist/misogynist etc --- who knows. Given that he's a born liar and con artist who's out to manipulate people for his own benefit (again, Numero Uno), it's hard to find evidence. Manipulating other people's bigoted views of racism, religious or ethnic hatred, whatever, is not the same thing as actually holding those views oneself. With a con artist you really can't tell what he really believes personally ----- as distinct from what he believes will benefit him personally.

Misogyny - Wikipedia

Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls.

So according to this there is absolutely no way this man would hire women into positions of power in his companies......in an all male industry like construction....except he did....as one of the first men to do that at a time when it was unheard of.....who has women in all levels of leadership in his business enterprises.......oh...and the individual who ran his successful campaign....was a woman...and the lawyer handling his transition and explaining how he is moving out of his businesses...was a female lawyer....

So.....I guess that since he is a misogynist he would never do any of that......

But morons like you can keep saying it......lying and making things up are your specialty...

The answer is simple: Adolf Trump likes to control and fuck them. It ain't rocket science...

Do these people realize that when they defend Trump on this, they're repudiating every criticism of Bill Clinton ever made on the subject of women?

Of all the RW flip flops in the past year or two, maybe that turns out to be the biggest one.

No....not even close...bill clinton is a serial rapist and sexual predator.....

If pussy grabbing and similar such acts are now a legitimate privilege of the rich, there are apparently a whole lot of women in the world who are not familiar with this new 'law'.

Well no one said it was a law or privilege. Trump just said you could get away with it and he was right. You CAN get away with it if you have wealth and power. That's just a TRUTH... nothing more.

He said he did it.

You're going to have to prove it with some evidence.

Misogyny - Wikipedia

Amen! They're the 32% of Trump's "poorly educated"...

Misogyny - Wikipedia

No....not even close...bill clinton is a serial rapist and sexual predator.....

Adolf Trump admitted to Howard Stern that he, Trump, was a sexual predator.

sure? what do you wanna know specifically? I'm guessing your looking for info you can't find on google alone right?

No, I am honestly trying to get to the bottom of what is causing all this overblown emotional anguish with some in our society. I don't understand it. This man has been in the public eye for 50 years and has never shown any indication of racism as far as I know, but suddenly he's a flaming racist. Same with women... yeah, he's been married a few times but so what? Homophobia? He's the most pro-LGBT candidate to ever win an election. So what is the root of all this? Where is it coming from? Is it simply about politics and nothing else? Is it because he's pro-life? Supports the 2nd Amendment? Wants to stop illegal immigration?

I think he is being falsely and irrationally judged based on hyperbole and rhetoric... nothing more. You've chosen to attack him personally because you don't agree with him politically. That's what I think.

The root of it all....he defeated the democrat. That is it. They have tactics they always use...the Republican is a racist, sexist, homophobe, and therefore must not only lose the election their reputation must be destroyed.....

He has shown no racist tendencies, he has shown no misogynistic tendencies......and yet they have claimed he is all of those things......

And narcissists.....obama fits all of it..........and yet they won't say it of him...
you call liberals racists all the time asshole you refer to hillary clinton as hitlery ffs

No! Fuck no!

Bring back birtherism! Now that's when the RWnuts, INCLUDING TRUMP, really taught us the meaning and importance of reasonable discussion.

Birtherism...the tactic hilary clinton used to attack obama...until it didn't work and he won the Presidency....
says the birther who voted for a birther... who still beleives obama is a muslim from kenya

With each second, minute and hour....obama becomes that guy...what was his name.....yeah, he was the first black President...and he had a funny name......did he do anything in office....Hmmmm not really, but he was the first black President...and he gave Iran nuclear weapons........

No! Fuck no!

Bring back birtherism! Now that's when the RWnuts, INCLUDING TRUMP, really taught us the meaning and importance of reasonable discussion.

Birtherism...the tactic hilary clinton used to attack obama...until it didn't work and he won the Presidency....

Lie! Hillary never started that. BTW, both the Clinton and McCain camps in 2008 investigated Obama's birth and quickly realized he was born in Hawaii as stated. End of story.

you call liberals racists all the time asshole you refer to hillary clinton as hitlery ffs

Yes....I do call liberals/leftists racists....all the time because they are....they exploit minorities for votes every two years then send them back to their shooting gallery neighborhoods......I don't call hilary hitlery.......that was someone else.

LMAO... So you HEARD him drooling? :rofl:

Again, he simply pointed out how women behave with powerful and wealthy men and he's right... they do. So you're upset that he made a valid observation?

Well, I'm sorry, you've not watched him much. I've seen him do it numerous times for all kinds of people INCLUDING HIMSELF! Again-- the reporter in question doesn't have a disability that resembles what Trump did. His disability is a gimp hand that remains at his chest in a palsy state... that's all.... everything else about the man is perfectly normal, he doesn't speak funny or have any other funny mannerisms. Trump simply didn't mock his disability... that is a LIE that has been perpetrated by the left.

Yes, he responds to criticisms. He tweets because he can communicate directly with the public instantly and bypass the prejudice media. More power to him! He's not a bully, he's the guy who beats the crap out of the bully.

Okay, so you're looking to excuse his behaviour. That's okay. You do that....

With each second, minute and hour....obama becomes that guy...what was his name.....yeah, he was the first black President...and he had a funny name......did he do anything in office....Hmmmm not really, but he was the first black President...and he gave Iran nuclear weapons........
oh please you'll still be bitching about him 20 years from now

Well no, it's actually quite the other way around. Bill Clinton was guilty of getting blow jobs in the oval office from an intern half his age. He has a long and storied history of sexual misconduct with women who have accused him of everything from inappropriate touching to outright rape. Trump has NO SUCH HISTORY. He simply made a comment to Billy Bush that was a true observation about how women behave with powerful wealthy men.

Forum List

Back