Can win Obama win a debate Against Newt ??

Conservatives imagine that this will be a referendum on Obama.

70% wrong track, 8.6% unemployment and $1 trillion plus deficits.....why would it be a referendum on Obama?

Again, obama isnt going to be on that stage alone. Your gonna have to pit someone against him. Good luck.

You bet. He'll be pit against someone who hasn't failed to lead for the past 3 years.

Lol.

Your doing the same thing, you'll have to put someone against obama that has their own case to make. Not only do i think your side has no case at all, i dont think you've found a person that could articulate their case even if they had one.

no he should just blame newt for living a live that is the antithesis of everything he espouses now.

Hes a morally bankrupt professional "influencer" that has no ideas of real value, but always thinks hes the most important guy in the room.

Its easy to sound smart in a room with Bachmann, Perry, and Cain. All you have to do is say the same rhetorical nonsense you said the day before and then pause for applause.

I guess he could say "Hope and Change" a few dozen times. Of course it's harder to say that when you have to defend Obama's record the last few years.

20-something months of private sector job growth is a fairly good record.

Not good enough when unemployment is 8.6%.

Again, obama isnt going to be on that stage alone. Your gonna have to pit someone against him. Good luck.

You bet. He'll be pit against someone who hasn't failed to lead for the past 3 years.

Lol.

Your doing the same thing, you'll have to put someone against obama that has their own case to make. Not only do i think your side has no case at all, i dont think you've found a person that could articulate their case even if they had one.

The best case they'll have is Obama.
Everything else is just gravy.

Lol.

The best case they'll have is Obama.
Everything else is just gravy.

Yea to someone that doesnt understand recent history

Newt is a political phylosopher who has shown he can only delivery rhetoric, no new ideas and no plans. Everytime you think it might have something meanful to say, his ego gets in the way and he offers nothing. Obama will not beat Newt. Newt will beat Newt.

2011-july-29-us-gdp-chart.png

112211krugman3-blog480.jpg

Just in case you had any doubts, stimulus is stimulative. Textbook econ 101 is still valid. Fiscal expansion is expansionary. Obamas policies have great fundamentals and the stats back them up. simple enough?

If you cant disprove the graphs then you shouldnt talk.

Last edited:
I didn't say there was a teleprompter during his debates.
No, I'm not familiar with his acedemic achievements. Can you provide grades or test scores or legal articles he wrote?
List the work accomplishments that prove his brilliance. Thanks!

You indicated that Obama needed a teleprompter to speak. You were wrong.

We have given you links. I'm sorry that some talk radio idiot got you stirred up because Obama didn't show you his kindergarten report card. :cuckoo:

Incidently the TEA party thinks the wealthy ARE paying their fair share. I think that's just a matter for argument. The top 1% pays half the income taxes. Half the country pays no income tax at all... how is that not fair?

So what "misbehavior" are you referring to? That they actually did what they promised?

And they make most of the money. Of course they pay most of the taxes. They also benefit the most from the infrastructure. Almost everyone pays taxes. The exception might be someone in a coma or the Una-bomber. Those who don't pay INCOME taxes are very POOR.

The TP folks elected have not done as promised. They have focused on the social issues that they claimed to be uninterested in.

I would have qualified the answer a bit. Obama could not win a debate with a third grader without using a teleprompter and I think those are not allowed in a debate. Of course, by the time Obama debates Newt, the libs will have come up with some rules that allow ear buds and teleprompters so the boy can listen to his advisers as they recall the most recent version of what he should say.

bush-debate-12.gif

I still don't know what this is, or why Bush babbled to someone to give him a minute during a debate with Kerry.

Newt has never enamored himself with the American public. He comes across as surly and sanctimonious.

Which is why the far right likes him.

2011-july-29-us-gdp-chart.png

112211krugman3-blog480.jpg

Just in case you had any doubts, stimulus is stimulative. Textbook econ 101 is still valid. Fiscal expansion is expansionary. Obamas policies have great fundamentals and the stats back them up. simple enough?

If you cant disprove the graphs then you shouldnt talk.

Just in case you had any doubt, debt has to be repaid.

I didn't say there was a teleprompter during his debates.
No, I'm not familiar with his acedemic achievements. Can you provide grades or test scores or legal articles he wrote?
List the work accomplishments that prove his brilliance. Thanks!

You indicated that Obama needed a teleprompter to speak. You were wrong.

We have given you links. I'm sorry that some talk radio idiot got you stirred up because Obama didn't show you his kindergarten report card. :cuckoo:

Incidently the TEA party thinks the wealthy ARE paying their fair share. I think that's just a matter for argument. The top 1% pays half the income taxes. Half the country pays no income tax at all... how is that not fair?

So what "misbehavior" are you referring to? That they actually did what they promised?

And they make most of the money. Of course they pay most of the taxes. They also benefit the most from the infrastructure. Almost everyone pays taxes. The exception might be someone in a coma or the Una-bomber. Those who don't pay INCOME taxes are very POOR.

The TP folks elected have not done as promised. They have focused on the social issues that they claimed to be uninterested in.

I would have qualified the answer a bit. Obama could not win a debate with a third grader without using a teleprompter and I think those are not allowed in a debate. Of course, by the time Obama debates Newt, the libs will have come up with some rules that allow ear buds and teleprompters so the boy can listen to his advisers as they recall the most recent version of what he should say.

bush-debate-12.gif

I still don't know what this is, or why Bush babbled to someone to give him a minute during a debate with Kerry.

Newt has never enamored himself with the American public. He comes across as surly and sanctimonious.

Which is why the far right likes him.

It's obvious Obama needs a teleprompter to speak, he uses one every time jhe speaks.
Even to grade school kids. LOL!
Still no brilliant law review articles? :lol:

Except he didn't use one in the debates, nor in Press Conferences. :)

Even better....

Newt is........a guy who got kicked out of Congress

Excellent! He should blame Newt for the economy! :lol:

no he should just blame newt for living a live that is the antithesis of everything he espouses now.

Hes a morally bankrupt professional "influencer" that has no ideas of real value, but always thinks hes the most important guy in the room.

Its easy to sound smart in a room with Bachmann, Perry, and Cain. All you have to do is say the same rhetorical nonsense you said the day before and then pause for applause.

He's also said some things that were astoundingly ridiculous. The whole Bernake "is the most inflationary fed chief in history" thing was completely wrong. And he's been using the racist dog whistle against Obama. And on a number of occassions. That along with saying things like the Ryan plan was social engineering..and then going back on that the very next day. Mentioning that he wants to make Bolton, secretary of state..was comedy gold.

Newt is basically a lecher, both politically and personally.

Actually, the did exactly what they promised. They said they were going to push Obama to pass balanced budgets, and reduce the debt and that's exactly what they are doing.

The thing is, now that the TEA party is there, Obama keeps asking for tax increases he EASILY could have gotten when his party was running everything. So he's the one who is being unreasonable, not the TEA folks.

And, sorry, what "social issue" is the TEA party really pushing? That the government should actually obey the law and not fund Planned Parenthood?

Excellent! He should blame Newt for the economy! :lol:

He's also said some things that were astoundingly ridiculous. The whole Bernake "is the most inflationary fed chief in history" thing was completely wrong. And he's been using the racist dog whistle against Obama. And on a number of occassions. That along with saying things like the Ryan plan was social engineering..and then going back on that the very next day. Mentioning that he wants to make Bolton, secretary of state..was comedy gold.

Wow, so after years of defending Clinton from everything up to rape charges, now you are upset about "lechers".... really?

I smell the fear, man.

Honestly, electing Newt would be great for the howls of anguish we'd hear from the left for eight years...

Wow, so after years of defending Clinton from everything up to rape charges, now you are upset about "lechers".... really?

I smell the fear, man.

Honestly, electing Newt would be great for the howls of anguish we'd hear from the left for eight years...

Clinton's been doing the lobbyist thing, when, exactly?

And when, exactly, did he haul anyone's ass before congress for cheating on his wife? While he was doing very much the same thing?

And how many times has Clinton been married? When did he leave a wife with cancer? How about one he thought wasn't pretty enough to be a President's wife?

Here's a dime. Go buy a clue.

Sooo, you ask a question - and then answer it...

Obama is brilliant; he's the incumbent - and he has inside knowledge that Newt isn't privy to...

So, yes, I would expect Obama to win a debate against Newt.

If he's so brilliant why is the country so fucked up? tweedle dee?

Because stupid people elected enough Republicans to block him from doing anything brilliant.

you all LOVE democracy until it WORKS AGAINST YA HUH?:badgrin:
and the Obama is brilliant. good gawd people listen to yourselves...

Last edited:
If he's so brilliant why is the country so fucked up? tweedle dee?

Because stupid people elected enough Republicans to block him from doing anything brilliant.

I dunno..killing Osama Bin Laden was pretty brilliant. And it's something Republicans have been blocking for close to eight years. Maybe more...since they blocked Clinton from doing it.

Actually, the did exactly what they promised. They said they were going to push Obama to pass balanced budgets, and reduce the debt and that's exactly what they are doing.

The thing is, now that the TEA party is there, Obama keeps asking for tax increases he EASILY could have gotten when his party was running everything. So he's the one who is being unreasonable, not the TEA folks.

And, sorry, what "social issue" is the TEA party really pushing? That the government should actually obey the law and not fund Planned Parenthood?

Abortion, planned parenthood, yes, in particular. They did not campaign on social issues. They have not tried to balance the budget. They have not tried to reduce the debt.

Which is a great illustration of how you guys operate. What excites you is that he'd piss off the people you hate. His skills for the job are secondary. To quote Charles Pierce, "the GOP is an unreconstructed id". You demand satisfaction. Not competence, peace, good governance, or progress. Just immediate excitement.

I dunno..killing Osama Bin Laden was pretty brilliant. And it's something Republicans have been blocking for close to eight years. Maybe more...since they blocked Clinton from doing it.

oh brother, killing a terrorist is now considered brilliant.
as for the rest, cry us a river..poor poor brilliant Obama can't overcome those evil Republicans...:eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back