Can you spot the propaganda in this story?

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
Headline:

Their Vacation Had Barely Begun When They Were Killed​

First few lines of the story

Three Alabama men who went for an evening swim shortly after arriving at a Florida Panhandle beach were caught in a rip current and died, authorities say. It was the latest in a rash of recent deaths in Florida waters after a Pennsylvania couple drowned off the state's southeast coast, the AP reports.

Screen shot:

1719238383645.png

Do you find the headline accurate, or is it an intentional effort to smear the State of FL. Personally I think it's the latter and told the editors so.
Your thoughts?

Last edited:
It is definitely trying to bash Florida.

Rip currents are real. People need to be aware of what they are getting into ANYWHERE.

Poor swimmers should not mess with the ocean.

If you are caught in a rip, you tack back to shore, or just let it pull you out and then flank it swimming back.

THE COMMON THREAD IS TO BE A STRONG SWIMMER, OR DO NOT FUCK WITH NEPTUNE.

Lefties probably want government to stop the Rip Currents.

Headline:

Three Alabama men who went for an evening swim shortly after arriving at a Florida Panhandle beach were caught in a rip current and died, authorities say. It was the latest in a rash of recent deaths in Florida waters after a Pennsylvania couple drowned off the state's southeast coast, the AP reports.

Screen shot:

View attachment 966763

Do you find the headline accurate, or is it an intentional effort to smear the State of FL. Personally I think it's the latter and told the editors so.
Your thoughts?

I don't see it.

Can you point to the specific words or statements that triggered you?

Headline:

Screen shot:

View attachment 966763

Your thoughts?

You mean the part about being on the Southeast coast of Florida, though Panama City Beach, in the panhandle, is on the Northwest coast of Florida? Or are you referring to it not mentioning, anybody ignoring RED FLAG beach flags, posted by officials when dangerous surf is present. It also does not even question whether the trio was drinking, when they died of their poor judgement.

Headline:

Screen shot:

View attachment 966763

Your thoughts?

I just googled rip tides (because I'd seen reports) from NY, Mich, NC NJ ....

Headline:

Screen shot:

View attachment 966763

Your thoughts?

The only propaganda was not in the article. The article was simply reporting the deaths. You missed the actual propaganda. The Newser quiz at the bottom right of the page is real propaganda. It's subtly pushing the lie that life giving atmospheric carbon dioxide that literally makes the planet greener is somehow deleterious to the Earth's environment.

I don't see it.

Can you point to the specific words or statements that triggered you?

Were they killed? Or did they die in a tragic accident? To me "killed" denotes malice and intent. The only malice and intent I saw in the story was the sites intent to smear the State of FL.

The only propaganda was not in article. The article was simply reporting the deaths. You missed the actual propaganda. The Newser quiz is real propaganda. It's subtly pushing the propaganda lie that life giving atmospheric carbon dioxide that literally makes the planet greener is somehow deleterious to the Earth's environment.
I don't see a quiz looking at it with phone.

You mean the part about being on the Southeast coast of Florida, though Panama City Beach, in the panhandle, is on the Northwest coast of Florida? Or are you referring to it not mentioning, anybody ignoring RED FLAG beach flags, posted by officials when dangerous surf is present. It also does not even question whether the trio was drinking, when they died of their poor judgement.

But the question is "were they killed" as the headline stated? Also the story covered two different incidents.

Were they killed? Or did they die in a tragic accident? To me "killed" denotes malice and intent. The only malice and intent I saw in the story was the sites intent to smear the State of FL.

From the dictionary.

Killed: cause the death of (a person, animal, or other living thing).

The riptides caused the death. Riptides don't have malice or intent, they just are.

You are making much ado about nothing and look what you did to poor ColonelAngus up there. He is freaking out about the government and riptides or something using all caps.

The poor guy, lol.

From the dictionary.

The riptides caused the death. Riptides don't have malice or intent, they just are.

You are making much ado about nothing and look what you did to poor ColonelAngus up there. He is freaking out about the government and riptides or something using all caps.

The poor guy, lol.
"Riptides don't have malice or intent, they just are." But how can we be sure of this? Faucci could be lying about it. Biden could be using OUR submarines to create them, or something. This is SERIOUS STUFF.
JFC, lol

People are killing in auto accidents all the time, there is no intent or malice.

You are tilting at windmills yet again

Headline:

Screen shot:

View attachment 966763

Your thoughts?

You're probably right but I suspect it is more the case of Florida is red, therefore they are Climate Change deniers. If they believed in Climate Change and addressed it, then there would be no more rip currents ever again.

The only propaganda was not in the article. The article was simply reporting the deaths. You missed the actual propaganda. The Newser quiz at the bottom right of the page is real propaganda. It's subtly pushing the lie that life giving atmospheric carbon dioxide that literally makes the planet greener is somehow deleterious to the Earth's environment.

I didn't go there.

Headline:

Screen shot:

View attachment 966763

Your thoughts?

It reports the general location of death.

From the dictionary.

The poor guy, lol.

When you read the headline, did your mind go to rip tides?

I just spent 5 minutes of my time reading this thread from a Texan Karen and a couple maga Karen's responding. If you have red or double red flags on a beach it means, "water is closed for swimming" all up and down the panhandle beaches for 3 or 4 days last week we had NO SWIMMING flags and it was posted everywhere. Surprised OP and colonel didn't know considering one is fairly close to the gulf and the other the atlantic.

Headline:

Screen shot:

View attachment 966763

Your thoughts?

a guy just died in Lake Michigan in chicago at the supposed PlayPen sand bar. oops!

Women died in Lake Michigan in Chicago after her and her partners sail boat capsized.

Both in the same week.

Forum List

Back