Canada's middle class Is better than ours. This is despite...

I posted links that show the Canadian middle class has both a higher after tax income and a longer lifespan than the American middle class. And then the attempts to divert the thread to other subjects began. So address why this is so, why the Canadian middle class is doing better if our system is that good.
Then pack your bags and go, too.
Feq you, mindless hater dupe. What do you have against helping our wreck of a middle class (thanks, GOP)? Try thinking.

Hey Whiner if you don't like it here get the fuck out.

In this country anyone can improve their position anytime they want. As a whole we used to all want to do that now not so much.

IMO it's because you sheep have come to believe that a want is not merely a need but rather a right
Eat shytte and die, hater dupe of the greedy idiot megarich GOP. We're better Americans than you because we educate ourselves on actual facts, not bs propaganda and hate. Plus, unless you are a multimillionaire no one wants Americans, thanks to ugly American GOP a-holes and dupes like you. Change the channel, fool.

4) Canada having strong bank regulations

Any specifics? I heard their reserve requirements are much lower than ours.

I heard that their (Canada's) bank executives are more risk averse and just better bankers than our own. Proof would be in the results of the past several years.

I heard that their (Canada's) bank executives are more risk averse

Not having government push mortgages for bad risks helped them also, compared to the US.
Thanks, corrupt GOP and silly dupes. Canada didn't have Boooshie cronies as regulators.

Regulators pushing bad mortgages, great idea!
Just what corrupt Booshies did and allowed. Thanks for the depression and the resultant messes we have around the world. Almost as bad as the 30's. Thank god Dems got in fast this time. GD stupid greedy corrupt GOP.

I posted links that show the Canadian middle class has both a higher after tax income and a longer lifespan than the American middle class. And then the attempts to divert the thread to other subjects began. So address why this is so, why the Canadian middle class is doing better if our system is that good.
Feq you, mindless hater dupe. What do you have against helping our wreck of a middle class (thanks, GOP)? Try thinking.

In this country anyone can improve their position anytime they want. As a whole we used to all want to do that now not so much.

IMO it's because you sheep have come to believe that a want is not merely a need but rather a right
Eat shytte and die, hater dupe of the greedy idiot megarich GOP. We're better Americans than you because we educate ourselves on actual facts, not bs propaganda and hate. Plus, unless you are a multimillionaire no one wants Americans, thanks to ugly American GOP a-holes and dupes like you. Change the channel, fool.
Hey Sheep I don't belong to any political flock and I have't voted for a republican ever

Hey Sheep I don't belong to any political flock and I have't voted for a republican ever
You're also a gd idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. Get some hope, love your fellow humans, educate yourself, and vote Dem. Memorize my sig to start with. All fact.

You're also a gd idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. Get some hope, love your fellow humans, educate yourself, and vote Dem. Memorize my sig to start with. All fact.

The day I listen to an idiot sandwich like you is the day I will eat a bullet

The median would be the middle class duh.

Bullshit. You think the middle class is $18,700 per person? Dupe.

If that's the median, just proves what a bust Reaganism is, except for the richest.

If that's the median

Median per capita. Derp!

just proves what a bust Reaganism is,

8 years of Clinton and 8 years of Obama still couldn't fix it? That's funny.
We still have ruinous Reaganist tax rates, dupe. Congrats, dupe.

We still have ruinous Reaganist tax rates, dupe.

Reagan's tax rate was 28%. Obama's is over 40%. Learn some math ya fucking moron.
Actually, 39% for over 400k, but effective 12%, dupe, with all the GOP loopholes and capital gains joke rates...

Actually, 39% for over 400k,

Actually more than 41%, now that they eliminated the cap on Medicare.

but effective 12%,

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

with all the GOP loopholes

Poor Dems, 8 years of Clinton, 8 years of Obama and they're still whining about a President elected 36 fucking years ago.

Poor helpless Dem whiny bitches.

Any specifics? I heard their reserve requirements are much lower than ours.

I heard that their (Canada's) bank executives are more risk averse and just better bankers than our own. Proof would be in the results of the past several years.

Not having government push mortgages for bad risks helped them also, compared to the US.
Thanks, corrupt GOP and silly dupes. Canada didn't have Boooshie cronies as regulators.

Just what corrupt Booshies did and allowed. Thanks for the depression and the resultant messes we have around the world. Almost as bad as the 30's. Thank god Dems got in fast this time. GD stupid greedy corrupt GOP.

Yup, Bush allowed the stupid push to give mortgages to bad risks.
Even helped it along.

Thank god Dems got in fast this time.

Yeah, Obama fixed things so fast, the recession ended in June 2009.
I know he's a magic negro, but even you can't credit the recession's end to anything he did.

Of course the weakest recovery ever is all his.

Even helped it along.

I know he's a magic negro, but even you can't credit the recession's end to anything he did.

All GOP's, dummie. Or where is the infrastructure, immigration bills, min wage hike, free community college, training for 4 million tech jobs going begginf, tax reform or ANYTHING he wanted the last 6 years. Duh dupe.

Stimulus worked, ran out in 2010. Along with working congress.

The American Middle class was created by FDR's trade and labor policies as well as an entire infrastructure of policies and support mechanisms for hard working families, e.g., heavily subsidized college education, cheap transportation, cost of living support through cheap utilities.

This also included a strong support for unions so the father could support the family on just his wages, allowing the mother to stay home and raise the kids. Meaning: the New Deal was very pro family, and ironically contributed to the apex of American conservatism in the 50s (when great president's like Eisenhower supported the New Deal).

But there was a problem. By the 70s big business no longer wanted to pay the wages associated with a thriving upwardly mobile middle class. Business didn't want to pay the taxes that went into affordable education and infrastructure.

So they purchased a political party - and they funded a very charismatic leader named Ronald Reagan.

Reagan convinced the nation that we could no longer afford the high cost of production, which included the world's highest labor costs, environmental regulations, and taxes that paid for affordable education and technological research.

And guess what? We bought it hook line and sinker. We de-funded the postwar middle class, and we freed capital to search for cheaper production costs in freedom-hating tyrannies like communist China. We dismantled high union wages/benefits; we got rid of subsidies to college education ... so we could make room for tax cuts to the new rentier class that lorded over every major sector. (And we called it the free market)

Middle class jobs went to China, and everything government did to lower middle class cost-of-living ended ... all so we could make the rich richer.

We were told the new money on top would trickle down.

It didn't.

So we created a faux credit democracy, and we kept the middle class alive with MasterCard, American Express, Visa and subprime.

This hoax worked for 20 years, but eventually the system exploded in a debt/credit meltdown.

And when the dust settled, the middle class was gone.

Last edited:

Even helped it along.

All GOP's, dummie. Or where is the infrastructure, immigration bills, min wage hike, free community college, training for 4 million tech jobs going begginf, tax reform or ANYTHING he wanted the last 6 years. Duh dupe.

All GOP's, dummie.

Reagan never had a GOP House. Only had a GOP Senate for 6 years.
Obama had House and Senate, with large majorities, for 2 years. Had the Senate for 6 years.
And you've been whining about how much Reagan got done and how little Obama got done.

Are Dems always gonna be such whiney pussies?

Dupe.

Stimulus worked,

Derp.

Even helped it along.

All GOP's, dummie.

Obama had House and Senate, with large majorities, for 2 years. Had the Senate for 6 years.
And you've been whining about how much Reagan got done and how little Obama got done.

Dupe.

Stimulus worked,

Derp.
So does the New BS GOP believe in honeymoon periods and compromise like the Dems? lol.

Dupes believe BS propaganda. We don't have a propaganda machine or lies. See sig. Add "Obama had 2 years of control", "47% don't pay taxes", "stand down", oh hell, most of what you believe, actual dupe. "highest taxes in the world" lol...''had the Senate for 6 years"- You need 60 votes to have the Senate against the lock step, bought off New BS GOP.

Even helped it along.

All GOP's, dummie.

Dupe.

Stimulus worked,

Derp.
So does the New BS GOP believe in honeymoon periods and compromise like the Dems? lol.

Dupes believe BS propaganda. We don't have a propaganda machine or lies. See sig. Add "Obama had 2 years of control", "47% don't pay taxes", "stand down", oh hell, most of what you believe, actual dupe. "highest taxes in the world" lol...''had the Senate for 6 years"- You need 60 votes to have the Senate against the lock step, bought off New BS GOP.
You are wrong, hater dupe.
Dems passed tons of legislation in the first 2 years. That's the problem.

1) Canada having a higher minimum wage

2) Canada having a higher tax rate on the wealthy

3) Canada having Widespread unions

5) Canada having free healthcare

obama's policies have really hurt the middle class in the USA. For the first time I can recall their overall net worth has dropped. Simply amazing that you progressives think he's a good POTUS.

obama's policies have really hurt the middle class in the USA. For the first time I can recall their overall net worth has dropped. Simply amazing that you progressives think he's a good POTUS.
They dont get it. They complain about rising income inequality and then somehoe turn around and believe that Democrats have not run things for 8+ years.

Even helped it along.

All GOP's, dummie.

Dupe.

Stimulus worked,

Derp.

You are wrong, hater dupe.
Dems passed tons of legislation in the first 2 years. That's the problem.
ACA and stimulus period... and 200+ GOP filibusters. THAT's the problem, dupe. And I do mean dupe.

They dont get it. They complain about rising income inequality and then somehoe turn around and believe that Democrats have not run things for 8+ years.
Still have Reaganist tax rates and loopholes wrecking the middle class, dupe. WHAT OBAMA LAWS AND POLICIES?!?

Tax rate is around 50% for those making middle class wages. Or have they declared that those making $100,000 are now among the wealthiest people. And the healthcare is "free" because middle class pays a lot in taxes. It was over 50% when the far lefties were in charge. There are waiting lists for many tests due to the universal healthcare system. It's "free" to some, if they can get it. There has been discussion off and on about going back to some private insurers because the current system isn't working that great. There is very limited coverage, if any, if the people need health care while vacationing out of the country. Many choose to come here just so they can get the best treatment, but it's out of pocket. That means most can't get the treatment they need. Only the wealthy can afford the best cancer treatment and other expensive meds. The socialist leaders can also come here for the best doctors and treatment. It's actually designed to favor the wealthiest because they are the only ones who still have choices.
The EFFECTIVE tax rate is what matters. Canadia's wealthiest do not get large range of deductions that America's wealthiest get.

The Canadian middle class's income is higher after taxes.

By contrast, basic treatment is something poor people can afford in Canada. That isn't the case in the US.

Sure their take home pay is larger, they don't have to cough up 15-20% of their income for healthcare costs annually.

What is a "better middle class"? What does that even mean?
I sense another spectacular Billy Fail Thread coming.
Do you not understand what an economic class is? Of course you don't. How silly of me.
OK so you have no answer. Pure, straight ignorance.
Do they have higher average incomes? Higher average household wealth? Longer life spans? Higher rates of consumption? Higher personal satisfaction?
Nothing. You've got nothing. You haven't quantified what you wrote, much less backed it up by any evidence.
You fail because you are Billy Triple Zero.
How America's middle class fell behind its Canadian neighbours

If you’re a proud member of America’s middle class, you may have been startled to learn last week that your after-tax income now makes you worse off than your Canadian neighbors to the north. They can now claim the title of the richest middle class on the planet.

Let’s take a look at the bombshell that the New York Times dropped in our midstlast week. It’s based on data from the Luxembourg Income Study Database, and focuses squarely on median income.

That means that instead of being distorted by the impact of millionaires and billionaires becoming still richer and the wealth gap becoming still wider, using this data gives analysts a sense of the experience of the average household in any given country. It also means an economist can compare overall economic growth of a country to the experience of individual households in that country – and by those standards, the United States just doesn’t come off that well.

Because while our economy has been growing more rapidly than those of other nations, a smaller percentage of those households is sharing in that prosperity, the data suggests. (Income inequality is at its highest level since 1928.)

Income, take home pay, better for the middle class Canandian than for the middle class American. looks like Billy was right on this.

If you’re a proud member of America’s middle class, you may have been startled to learn last week that your after-tax income now
makes you worse off than your Canadian neighbors to the north.

Median per capita income in the U.S. has barely budged since 2000, while Canadians have seen their median income jump 20 percent.

Holy crap! There may be a less useful stat than "median per capita income", but I'll be damned if I can think of it.

Median means you line up all the numbers from lowest to highest and the number in the middle is the median.
How you turn that into a per capita number is some kind of liberal head-up-assery for sure.
Did they take the median household income and divide it by the average household size?

Wow, moronic for sure.

If median earners aren't the middle class, then what does the middle mean?

Do you not understand what an economic class is? Of course you don't. How silly of me.
OK so you have no answer. Pure, straight ignorance.
Do they have higher average incomes? Higher average household wealth? Longer life spans? Higher rates of consumption? Higher personal satisfaction?
Nothing. You've got nothing. You haven't quantified what you wrote, much less backed it up by any evidence.
You fail because you are Billy Triple Zero.
How America's middle class fell behind its Canadian neighbours

If you’re a proud member of America’s middle class, you may have been startled to learn last week that your after-tax income now makes you worse off than your Canadian neighbors to the north. They can now claim the title of the richest middle class on the planet.

Let’s take a look at the bombshell that the New York Times dropped in our midstlast week. It’s based on data from the Luxembourg Income Study Database, and focuses squarely on median income.

That means that instead of being distorted by the impact of millionaires and billionaires becoming still richer and the wealth gap becoming still wider, using this data gives analysts a sense of the experience of the average household in any given country. It also means an economist can compare overall economic growth of a country to the experience of individual households in that country – and by those standards, the United States just doesn’t come off that well.

Because while our economy has been growing more rapidly than those of other nations, a smaller percentage of those households is sharing in that prosperity, the data suggests. (Income inequality is at its highest level since 1928.)

Income, take home pay, better for the middle class Canandian than for the middle class American. looks like Billy was right on this.

If you’re a proud member of America’s middle class, you may have been startled to learn last week that your after-tax income now
makes you worse off than your Canadian neighbors to the north.

Median per capita income in the U.S. has barely budged since 2000, while Canadians have seen their median income jump 20 percent.

Holy crap! There may be a less useful stat than "median per capita income", but I'll be damned if I can think of it.

Median means you line up all the numbers from lowest to highest and the number in the middle is the median.
How you turn that into a per capita number is some kind of liberal head-up-assery for sure.
Did they take the median household income and divide it by the average household size?

Wow, moronic for sure.
The median would be the middle class duh. The average would be higher because of the HUGE income of the few megarich at the top after 35 years of Voodoo, dupe...

^ Dope.

Forum List

Back