Cancel Student Debt

Define “the rich”
Not me.

I am not the right person to define rich. But I do know the richest people benefited the most by Trump's tax cuts

CHARTS: See How Much Of GOP Tax Cuts Will Go To The Middle Class

Tax cuts only help the wealthy, right? American paychecks show otherwise
Find a more reliable source. I dismiss Fox News out of hand. They are Trump's propaganda machine. Nothing more.

Therein lies the problem. No one trusts any sources. Just use the naked eye test. How is the economy doing?
Farmers are losing their farms. The crazy homeless population is still living on the streets. Women and minorities still don't get equal pay for equal work.

But rich old men are doing great.
Is LeBron James a rich old man?

"When the public discovers they can vote themselves money from the public treasury, the [American] experiment will be over"-Tocqueville 1838
The .1% have controlled the public treasury for a long time. They seem to be doing very well.

The problem with this entire idea is that it gives debtors the idea that they don't have to pay what they owe as the taxpayers will bail them out if they don't.

Further, it gives schools no motivation to rein in costs, as they can just raise tuition and the people will have no problem with the new price as the taxpayers will be picking up the tab in the end
Why is it okay to bail out Wall Street, and Auto Companies, and rich people who don't need it, but not our children???

Man folks have some fucked up priorities.
Who said it was okay to bail out anyone?
Our government. Did you miss it? It was big news at the time.
You must have missed out on EVERYONE saying it was not okay. Simply because our government does it, does not mean it is right.

Well they did it anyway! Even if it wasn't okay. I want them to do it anyway for students. I want someone besides rich codger CEOs to benefit for once.
The rest of us don't. We just canceled what you 'want'. Have a nice day.

Define “the rich”
Not me.

I am not the right person to define rich. But I do know the richest people benefited the most by Trump's tax cuts

Find a more reliable source. I dismiss Fox News out of hand. They are Trump's propaganda machine. Nothing more.

Who cares what you accept or "dismiss"?
Your argument is weak, if you have to rely on such biased sources.
There are no 'unbiased' sources and every source you use we dismiss out of hand as they are joined at the hip with Democrats. His argument may be weak, but yours is nonexistent.

Not me.

Therein lies the problem. No one trusts any sources. Just use the naked eye test. How is the economy doing?
Farmers are losing their farms. The crazy homeless population is still living on the streets. Women and minorities still don't get equal pay for equal work.

Rich people are doing great. Especially the old codgers whose only dribbling is the drool out of their mouths.

Is that better?

Rich people are doing great. Especially the old codgers whose only dribbling is the drool out of their mouths.

Is that better?

Define “rich”

Is that better?

Define “rich”
I've already answered that question once in this thread. Post #177.

Is that better?

Define “rich”

Do it again. I am On my phone.

"When the public discovers they can vote themselves money from the public treasury, the [American] experiment will be over"-Tocqueville 1838
The .1% have controlled the public treasury for a long time. They seem to be doing very well.

Worry about yourself. Bill Gates is wealthier than Michael Jordan. Do you feel sorry for Michael Jordan.

Is that better?

Define “rich”
A man who got laid off gets hundreds of job offers after handing out his résumé on the side of the road

You trust CNN?

Is that better?

Define “rich”

No. I am not your slave or your bitch. You can't even manage to ask nicely. Ass.

Is that better?

Define “rich”

No. I am not your slave or your bitch. You can't even manage to ask nicely. Ass.

Please? Did I ask not nicely? Why so sensitive?

Sanders just said it again. Does he realize how stupid and unfair it is for those who paid their debt fairly and those who never took on debt or decided to bypass college for another career. That dude is a complete moron.
I like Sanders in Congress, but not for President, and I agree, you can’t selectivley cancel debt, it is grossly unfair.

I think there dips merit in the idea of some free college education though. Apply it to a 2 yr program or vocational school.

Sanders just said it again. Does he realize how stupid and unfair it is for those who paid their debt fairly and those who never took on debt or decided to bypass college for another career. That dude is a complete moron.
I like Sanders in Congress, but not for President, and I agree, you can’t selectivley cancel debt, it is grossly unfair.

I think there dips merit in the idea of some free college education though. Apply it to a 2 yr program or vocational school.

We agree? The world is ending.

Is that better?

Define “rich”
A man who got laid off gets hundreds of job offers after handing out his résumé on the side of the road

You trust CNN?

Is that better?

Define “rich”

Please? Did I ask not nicely? Why so sensitive?
Perhaps because the person who asked me that question previously was you, pal.

So because some paid it, everyone must pay it. That is illogical.

Time for debt forgiveness of ALL student loans. Examples of Debt forgiveness date back to biblical times.

Wake the fuck up. Stop being a selfish prick.

Sober up and then we can discuss.
Sober as can be. I wish you could use your brain.

How is it selfish to expect responsibility. Food is not free, sneakers are not free, neither is education. You can go to a trade school or a community college relatively cheaply. You don’t cancel an obligation. You are illogical and an asshole.
Please wake up.

College tuition is a scam perpetuated on the young. Millions of young Americans are starting life deeply in debt. They are debt serfs.

Now try to analyze the situation fairly. The government prints the money at no cost to them. Then they lend it out at high rates of interest, to college students. Is that fair?

Government has even taken the extraordinary step of preventing student loan debt from being forgiven in bankruptcy proceedings.

The consequences of preventing young people from attaining the American Dream, are not good for society.
Incorrect. The government doesnt print money. The government borrows money from the federal reserve, and that money is borrowed with interest owed to the federal reserve. The government then loans that money to students, also at interest to the student.

The money, and the interest is owed back to the federal reserve. If the government does student loan debt forgiveness, the debt is still owed to the federal reserve, plus interest.

Dude.....there is a contract....it's called an obligation. The trillion does not just appear....or just disappear.
It's debt taken on by the signer of the contract....not by America. WAKE UP TO REALITY!!!!!

Contract or not does not change that the government could just cancel the debt and it would not cost them anything. It is no different than absorbing the toxic mortgages.
Please....pause a moment and think about what YOU just posted. The tax payers would have to absorb the loss through debt, that is a loss of their taxes.
IT AIN"T FREE NO MATTER HOW YOU SPIN IT!!!!!!!

No the would not. The vast majority of student loan debt is through federal direct loans. The government came up with the money when they lent it. They don't have to come up with money to write it off. In additions, your taxes are based on your income and have no relationship to the government's debt. You pay what you pay whether the government owes $22T or $32T so it costs you exactly nothing.
Are you stupid, or what? Just how did the government come up with that money? How do they come up with any money?
Do they deliver papers in the mornings? Do they cash in on pop bottles and cans?
I asked you to think about what you posted earlier, I really meant it.

How did the government come up with the $22T we currently owe? They didn't. They create it out of thin air. That is how fiat currency works.
The government borrowed that money from the fed, and other sources. The government does not create money.

We agree? The world is ending.

Sometimes...it is possible :)

Forum List

Back