Cat Lovers Thread

Pretties goes in to surgery tomorrow. Say a prayer for her.
In this pic...she weighs between 15 and 16 lbs. She is now 9.4 lbs. She wants to eat..but can't/won't even though she so badly wants to. I think she has some bad teeth. She had bloodwork done yesterday and all looks good so it has to be her teeth. She dropped that weight FAST, too. Muscle loss in her back legs, and so boney. I couldn't lift her and she looked like abig round pear when she sat. Now? I can lift her with one hand.
I finally got her to eat more than a teaspoon of food earlier this morning and just now she struggled down half a can of Fancy Feast, which surprised me. After midnight...no food and 8:30am..in to surgery to have her teeth cleaned and a few pulled. They are also going to check her jaws for arthritis cuz that could be the culprit as well as a few bad teeth.

wikac8.jpg

Positive thoughts :smiliehug:

I just got back from hunkering over here, making little meatballs of her cat food, and she at most all of it. That means a whole can today!! YAY!! She can't have anything after midnight, but I am stoked she ATE today. I think Gracie visited her and whispered in her ear that she MUST eat for mama. So...she struggled, and did. Not the whole can like she used to. It's taken her all day to do it, but it beats nothing. She even has a wee spring in her step. She is outside right now, under the lounge chair near the bird feeders...which is very busy with birds eating before they settle for the night. I doubt if she can catch one, but it's so nice to see her hunkered there, watching them.

Tomorrow, she gets some help. Soon I will have her back like in the pic. :)
Thanks for the well wishes for tomorrow, folks. Hugs.

I was finally able to get a good picture of Boots. She's my aunt's cat, and she was very shy when we got her. She stayed behind my art table for 3 months, and just recently started venturing out into the other rooms. She finally made it downstairs and is getting acquainted with the rest of the house.

P1010879.jpg

Pretties..with her mama Gracie.

amceh3.jpg

Pretties giving Mama Gracie her face wash.

qzlpqs.jpg

Karma and Pretties taking a nap...until I snapped the pic and Pretties giving me the Deadly Evil Eye.

zn05qh.jpg

Just looking at those pics....her pretty face is so skinny now. :(
But in a month..she is going to be a heavy bag of KittyKat on my shoulder and I will be groaning from the weight!

But in a month..she is going to be a heavy bag of KittyKat on my shoulder and I will be groaning from the weight!

She'll do great....we're all rooting for her.....

Hope it goes well for her.

Post and let us know.

Forum List

Back