Cat Lovers Thread

True Cat Story With a Happy Ending

A frightened feline that was lodged in a tall tree for a week, was finally hosed to safety with a high-pressure fire hose. Locals held an outstretched sheet and made the catch as the cat, soaked and hungry but unharmed, was hosed out of the tree by fire fighters last week in Yonkers, New York, USA.

'Everyone was cheering,' said artist and animal rescuer Greg Speirs, who was among about 50 people assembled beneath the willow tree. The cat had previously ignored people who banged cans of cat food and climbed ladders that proved to be just out of reach. It took two shots with the hose to do the trick. 'As soon as the moggie landed it jumped out and ran into the woods,' Speirs reported to the New York Daily News. 'Some kids helped us bring the cat back, and a man said he would adopt the cat right on the spot,' Speirs added. 'You can't come up with a nicer ending than that.

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

Somebody did mention that method as a general practice. Thankfully, with Hobbes' episode cooler heads prevailed. In the thicket of woods where he was, a free fall would have most likely either impaled him on a branch or cracked his head open on a rock. No, I wasn't gonna watch that happen.

He hasn't been up there again.

I have to admit, this is the first time I've seen the word "moggy" since this song...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe_HxDja8PU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe_HxDja8PU[/ame]

Last edited:
True Cat Story With a Happy Ending

A frightened feline that was lodged in a tall tree for a week, was finally hosed to safety with a high-pressure fire hose. Locals held an outstretched sheet and made the catch as the cat, soaked and hungry but unharmed, was hosed out of the tree by fire fighters last week in Yonkers, New York, USA.

'Everyone was cheering,' said artist and animal rescuer Greg Speirs, who was among about 50 people assembled beneath the willow tree. The cat had previously ignored people who banged cans of cat food and climbed ladders that proved to be just out of reach. It took two shots with the hose to do the trick. 'As soon as the moggie landed it jumped out and ran into the woods,' Speirs reported to the New York Daily News. 'Some kids helped us bring the cat back, and a man said he would adopt the cat right on the spot,' Speirs added. 'You can't come up with a nicer ending than that.

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

Somebody did mention that method as a general practice. Thankfully, with Hobbes' episode cooler heads prevailed. In the thicket of woods where he was, a free fall would have most likely either impaled him on a branch or cracked his head open on a rock. No, I wasn't gonna watch that happen.

He hasn't been up there again.

I have to admit, this is the first time I've seen the word "moggy" since this song...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe_HxDja8PU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe_HxDja8PU[/ame]

I had never heard the term either, until this story. Glad Hobbes has been behaving.

One of our outdoor cats must have gotten into a fight....he was limping along the other day. He's the one we tried to bring inside some time back, when we first got them (4 cats we acquired from the foreclosed neighbors) and he howled and cried so loud we couldn't stand it so out he went. They were already kind of feral, so, there was no training them for the indoors. We had gotten the Calico months earlier, when they were only about a month or two old, and she got used to being indoors rather quickly, but the other three were quite used to being outside and they weren't having any of it, being indoors.

It was so weird, the 4 were all different colors. Calli, the calico, Smokey is charcoal gray, Blackie was black, and Tiger is a yellow Tabbie. (Blackie was so neat, but he died about a year after we got them.)

h136BB0DE

Pretties goes in to surgery tomorrow. Say a prayer for her.
In this pic...she weighs between 15 and 16 lbs. She is now 9.4 lbs. She wants to eat..but can't/won't even though she so badly wants to. I think she has some bad teeth. She had bloodwork done yesterday and all looks good so it has to be her teeth. She dropped that weight FAST, too. Muscle loss in her back legs, and so boney. I couldn't lift her and she looked like abig round pear when she sat. Now? I can lift her with one hand.
I finally got her to eat more than a teaspoon of food earlier this morning and just now she struggled down half a can of Fancy Feast, which surprised me. After midnight...no food and 8:30am..in to surgery to have her teeth cleaned and a few pulled. They are also going to check her jaws for arthritis cuz that could be the culprit as well as a few bad teeth.

wikac8.jpg

In this pic...she weighs between 15 and 16 lbs. She is now 9.4 lbs. She wants to eat..but can't/won't even though she so badly wants to. I think she has some bad teeth. She had bloodwork done yesterday and all looks good so it has to be her teeth. She dropped that weight FAST, too. Muscle loss in her back legs, and so boney. I couldn't lift her and she looked like abig round pear when she sat. Now? I can lift her with one hand.
I finally got her to eat more than a teaspoon of food earlier this morning and just now she struggled down half a can of Fancy Feast, which surprised me. After midnight...no food and 8:30am..in to surgery to have her teeth cleaned and a few pulled. They are also going to check her jaws for arthritis cuz that could be the culprit as well as a few bad teeth.

wikac8.jpg

She's so pretty.....sorry to hear that. I hope that is the reason and they are able to correct it....I hate it when they are suffering and can't tell you what's wrong. You just want to fix whatever it is that hurts them....please let us know how the surgery goes...I'm rooting for Pretties, she is named right....:) Your flowers are lovely....is that a recent picture?

wikac8.jpg

She's so pretty.....sorry to hear that. I hope that is the reason and they are able to correct it....I hate it when they are suffering and can't tell you what's wrong. You just want to fix whatever it is that hurts them....please let us know how the surgery goes...I'm rooting for Pretties, she is named right....:) Your flowers are lovely....is that a recent picture?

That pic is about 2 years old. Soon, the patio will look like that again. I just haven't gotten to the nursery yet. :)

She just now ate about a tablespoon of cat food. I was amazed. I asked her "did Gracie come visit you today or something and tell you to eat?" and she just looked at me. But she ATE a TABLESPOON! But..being a cat..it took 3 friggin cans opened before she dove head first into the one she wanted. :lol:

wikac8.jpg

That pic is about 2 years old. Soon, the patio will look like that again. I just haven't gotten to the nursery yet. :)

She just now ate about a tablespoon of cat food. I was amazed. I asked her "did Gracie come visit you today or something and tell you to eat?" and she just looked at me. But she ATE a TABLESPOON! But..being a cat..it took 3 friggin cans opened before she dove head first into the one she wanted. :lol:

That she has an appetite is a really good sign.....when they stop eating, that's when you know it's bad. They know what they like. Our cats know the sound of the cat food can being opened.....they can be asleep upstairs and they hear it.....they're like my kids, I would try to open up a bag of chips real quietly and damn, no matter where they were they could hear it.....:D

wikac8.jpg

It's easy to see how Pretties got her name! She's very pretty. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back